Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Reload this Page What did you think

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Old December 12th, 2010 (05:14 PM).
Trainer From The Holon Region

Nature: Adamant
What thoughts came to mind when you first played in the Hoen region?
Ruby was my first ever encounter with a pokemon game so its what got me hooked on the series.
Old December 12th, 2010 (05:33 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
I was blown away the first time I played Sapphire since the last main game I had played was Yellow. I spent a lot of time on Sapphire and I still enjoy RSE the most today. Tons of fun. I think I know that region like the back of my hand, haha.

"I'm burning up with my hatred for you, runt!"

pair
Old December 12th, 2010 (05:58 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
I was stoked to see all these brand new pokemon (blaziken <3) and I loved it at first, but nowadays, it's kind of my least favorite region :O
Old December 12th, 2010 (06:12 PM).
banana-flavored

Nature: Bold
I was enthralled. I started playing the games with Emerald, and I had been prejudiced against the new Pokémon until I started playing. Then I was absolutely amazed. Emerald is still my favorite game, and Hoenn my favorite region. <3
Old December 12th, 2010 (06:50 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
To be honest, Hoenn is the very first region I played in. When I started, it felt like I was totally sucked in to the game and I enjoyed the music, as well as the gameplay in general.

Old December 12th, 2010 (06:57 PM).
Mmm I'd say amateur trainer

Well my favorite game of all time is emerald I like r/b/y but i felt that r/s/e was so much better
Old December 12th, 2010 (07:06 PM).
Keeping time time time

Nature: Relaxed
I thought: "What?! You don't get to go to Kanto and Johto like in G/S/C?"

Old December 12th, 2010 (07:06 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Nature: Mild
For me this was before I followed all the pre-release stuff(outside of Nintendo Power promo's they used to show) so everything about the Generation hit me at once. I was like, wow! All of these new pokemon and how awesome their designs looked.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old December 12th, 2010 (07:12 PM).

I actually started playing sapphire just a couple of weeks ago. XD
I completely missed this generation as a kid but then again I was 13 when it came out and had other extracurricular activities and my younger brother had sapphire and I always wanted to play it but he would never let me. I would get as far as to getting my starter and that would be the end of that.
But now, I'm very pleased. I can't wait to actually play it through, on my own because it feels like a new Pokemon game for me.

Follow my Gotta Catch 'Em All Challenge HERE
Old December 13th, 2010 (01:38 AM).
Swords Master

Nature: Lonely
For me, I started playing and had a really negative attitude about the new games because I had grown up playting the first two generations. Because of that I felt like the new Pokemon were going to be lame just because they werent the original 151 (I didnt really have much of an opinion on the Gen II Pokemon). However when I began playing I was pretty amazed. I loved the new features, mainly the running shoes, 2 speed bike and the HM "Dive". For the times I also thought the graphics were pretty cool being in full colour, seeing my reflection in a pond or leaving footprints in the sand (of course thats not really a big deal these days).

I never bothered buying FR/LG until 2 years ago because I didnt think much would be changed from the original R/B/Y. That was a huge mistake on my part.

Old December 13th, 2010 (03:37 AM).
Computer Tech

Nature: Modest
I wasn't overly impressed. Thought the music was pretty good and visually (compared to the GameBoy) it was stunning, it lacked a lot in the story department. At least for me. It did come out with what would one day became some of my favorite Pokémon, especially one my most favorite Psychic Pokémon, Gardevoir. :D

Many thanks to Shadow_Ball for the sig pic!

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old December 17th, 2010 (05:18 AM).
#TeamRockHillSC
Gold Tier

Nature: Quirky
At first the new graphics and all impressed me. But all that started to fade when I began realizing that a)I couldn't use many of my old favorites until after beating the game; b) The "rival" didn't have half the backbone that Silver had in G/S/C; c) the Gym Leaders were boring personality-wise, IMO; and d) Hoenn was a chore to play through, especially in the late stages of the game.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Old December 17th, 2010 (10:48 AM).
Cooltrainer Benji

Nature: Lonely
The first third gen game I played was Sapphire. I got it for Christmas. I remember getting it and everything. To be honest, the first time I played it, I wasn't impressed. I liked the first and second gen much better. I didn't care for the Pokemon at all. Not even the starters. (Especially not the starters.) I liked the weather thing, but I think that was about all I did like at the time. It grew on me over time, though. Now I'm more or less indifferent. I enjoy the game, but it's not a favorite. Or a least favorite, for that matter. (I don't think I have a least favorite generation... I like them all *shrug* )

'When you find an Escape Rope in a cave... you just know you're going to be in there for a while.'

LeafGreen|SoulSilver|Emerald|Platinum|Black
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)