The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 13th, 2011 (05:07 PM). Edited January 13th, 2011 by Kirbychu.
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regeneration View Post
^ lmao
I know that. I was just kidding.

Anyway, did anyone notice this?

Pikachu found himself a new person on who'se shoulder he can sit! Poor Ash.
What's the big deal? Pikachu was frequently on Brock's shoulder as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the little rat was on all his other friends at some point.

This battle really wasn't all that entertaining. It was alright, but I I actually found myself getting bored during the "action". I wasn't really a big fan of this episode in general. It's probably because I absolutely hate Tepig. It's design is better than most 5th generation Pokemon, I'm just not a big fan of pigs. The little diaper thing Tepig has also irritates me for some reason. <_>

The best part of this episode was seeing Ash get hit in the face; that just never gets old

Paired to cr4y

Old January 13th, 2011 (05:39 PM).
Anna
(( and whisper my name as you do it ))
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote:

Of course I noticed. Pikachu approves of Dent <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbychu View Post

What's the big deal? Pikachu was frequently on Brock's shoulder as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the little rat was on all his other friends at some point.
...That sounds dirty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbychu View Post

The best part of this episode was seeing Ash get hit in the face; that just never gets old
So true.

<-- Aww, look how adorable Dent is. <3

I kind of liked this episode, though I felt like nothing much happened.

> Ash got hit in the face.

> Dent was adorable.

> Mijumaru and Pokabu learned good moves.

> Iris sucks at keeping track of her Pokémon. Would not want to see her as a parent.

> Aloe did basically the same thing she did last time. And was pretty~

> Ash got a badge.

Yayyyy.
Next episode looks like it will have more substance to it, which is a good thing all around.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old January 13th, 2011 (05:53 PM).
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Pretty boring episode for myself as well. Trying to rush training and a battle into one episode seems like a bit too much for me. Was actually expecting Tepig's Blaze to active near the end of the battle or something, lol. Did Oshawott's Aqua Jet just randomly bounce off the wall and luckily manage to hit Haderia?
Old January 13th, 2011 (07:24 PM). Edited January 13th, 2011 by Kenshin5.
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Quote:
^ lmao
I know that. I was just kidding.

It's not fair Snivy didn't get training? Cause it would have taken away from the other two's training and slowed the episode down. Snivy is one of the few that held it's own against Shooti team unlike Tepig and Oshawott. I am sure Snivy will get it's time in the spotlight.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old January 13th, 2011 (09:57 PM).
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
It is pretty clear that the writers are rushing this season. Earlier, when Ash used to lose a gym battle, he took two episodes or at least one complete episode for training. And it's not that we just assume that he is training off-screen. It is pretty evident that he just trains for a short while as we saw in this episode.
Old January 14th, 2011 (12:38 PM).
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Yeah Ash would normally take one or two episodes to train but they just rushed it into one whole episode.
Old January 15th, 2011 (02:09 AM).
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

Before we had another person they could delay the next gym for, contests woo-hoo. So Ash could train a couple of days while Dawn or May did there contests in between his gyms. Now, with no girl having a main side quest we need to rush the training a bit cuz we want to see the next gym as soon as possible so we don't get that many fillers. I hope cuz they don't have the Grand Festival to worry about, the league will be twice as long as the last one and hanndled better. Any who, first time Team Rocket wasn't in an episode, which was fine by me, it would have been too rushed had they been in it. I liked the training, those scenes were great. The gym battle was pretty good, not one of my favorites but still. I can't wait for the next gym, sounds cool from the spoilers. Over all a good episode. Next weeks episode should be exciting from the previews.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old January 15th, 2011 (11:55 AM).
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
It was a interesting episode glad Ash finally won, I didn't like the whole half training episode but at least we didn't have a whole episode on training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlShipper4Life View Post
Before we had another person they could delay the next gym for, contests woo-hoo. So Ash could train a couple of days while Dawn or May did there contests in between his gyms. Now, with no girl having a main side quest we need to rush the training a bit cuz we want to see the next gym as soon as possible so we don't get that many fillers. I hope cuz they don't have the Grand Festival to worry about, the league will be twice as long as the last one and hanndled better. Any who, first time Team Rocket wasn't in an episode, which was fine by me, it would have been too rushed had they been in it. I liked the training, those scenes were great. The gym battle was pretty good, not one of my favorites but still. I can't wait for the next gym, sounds cool from the spoilers. Over all a good episode. Next weeks episode should be exciting from the previews.
I don't think that has much of the reason. There wasn't anyone to pull Ash back in Johto, yet we still had so much fillers. If anything, Dawn and May helped reduce fillers. I can somewhat agree with the training bit, he hasn't had that much time to train, trainers like Bel and Shooti have evolved their starters already. :\ (Although im not sure how long Bel had hers for.)

Old January 17th, 2011 (12:17 AM).
Twiggity Twang
Ruler of the Ice Boundary

Nature: Modest
Well, you must remember, Bel's Chaobu was her only Pokemon until Mincinno/Chillarmy, and it won the first two Gyms single-handedly, so...Yeh...
Anyway, as many others have said, it was a fairly rushed episode, didn't have too much substance. They could have at least done a kick-arse 80's montage to give the illusion of time passing, then had half the battle this episode, half the next.
Also, seriously, Oshawott? Can't handle Aqua Jet? You've GOT to be better than Buizel, and yet you're treating a glorified Quick Attack like it's friggin' Draco Meteor? Now, I like Oshawott, but Ash's is starting to become a pansy. Meanwhile, Tepig absolutely RAPED with Nitro Charge no problem, and that's a more powerful move. Anyway...This episode was meh. Could have been better, but it wasn't as bad as Blaine (The first one, not the second one (REALLY didn't enjoy that one, honestly)).
Old January 20th, 2011 (01:45 AM).
The Red Chain

I'm sad about being late on this due to my poor memory..
These episodes were pretty nice but like I'm disappointed by the lack of training it took Ash to defeat Aloe.. as well as land two new moves on his Pokemon as a "coincidental" bonus..

It kinda bugs me that this story is moving on so fast.. but I do like the fact that Miju got Aqua Jet! I found myself praying for him to hit Miruhoggu near the end and jumping for joy when he finally did! XD wow i get too over-excited about Pokemon

But yeah.. I hope they slow this series down a little. It's taking the awe out of Ash's team learning new moves. ]:
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links