Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Reload this Page Spoilers BW018 - Yaguruma Forest! Kurumiru and Arty!!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old December 25th, 2010 (09:36 AM).
Mew~'s Temporary Account.

From Terebi-kun magazine

BW018 -「ヤグルマの森!クルミルとアーティ!!」

27th January
BW018 - Yaguruma Forest! Kurumiru and Arty!!
Old December 25th, 2010 (02:30 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Nature: Mild
So it seems Ash won't capturet Kurumiru and that it is owned by Arti or will be captured by him in this episode. If Ash does capture Kurumiru my guess is one of the starters will be Oak'ed either Tepig or Snivy since it shows Oshawott and Meguroco in Episode 20. Unless he instantly Oaks it like Krabby.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old December 25th, 2010 (03:13 PM).
Natural.....

This is the summary from Bulbapedia.
Quote:
Ash, Iris, Dent, and their Pokémon arrive in Yaguruma Forest. Ash and Iris, on a tree, find a strange cocoon-like thing, which turns out to be Arti covered in a cape. Later on, the group, with Arti, chase a Kurumiru that, for some reason, is attached to a Shikijika.
Old December 25th, 2010 (03:14 PM).
just a guy
, CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote originally posted by Kenshin5:
Unless he instantly Oaks it like Krabby.
If he does catch Kurumiru, I'd hope he doesn't Oak it right after its capture. :\ Maybe it might be another Butterfree case where he releases it later on. I'm hoping not, but it'll be interesting to see Ash with a Hahakomori no less.

This applies only if Ash is to catch Kurumori of course. XD
Old December 25th, 2010 (03:20 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

My guess it is will be Arti's because his signature pokemon in the game is Hahakomori.

Old December 25th, 2010 (03:24 PM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
If Satoshi catches it then I would see him taken the bird over to Oak's. He doesnt use it much during a battle so I can see that happen. Other then that, I can't wait to see this episode.
Old December 25th, 2010 (03:41 PM).
Radiant Cool Boy
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by AshPikastar:
If Satoshi catches it then I would see him taken the bird over to Oak's. He doesnt use it much during a battle so I can see that happen. Other then that, I can't wait to see this episode.
Usually I would disagree with Satoshi ever oaking the bid, but since there are no Team Rocket ballons to pop, I could definitely see it. That's if if he gets a Meguroco and a Kurumiru. Though I'm very doubtful on the latter.
Old December 26th, 2010 (10:03 AM).
just a guy
, CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I'm guessing it'll belong to Arty. If the writers wanted Ash to have Kurumiru, they might have made it his first capture like they did with Caterpie. Plus, Arty just being there alone makes me think Ash won't get it. :\
Old December 28th, 2010 (06:45 PM).

I saw somewhere that they were releasing toys, and one was labled Satoshi's Kurumiru, in the egg thread I believe. So it seems as if he will be catching it. Megurocco will also be caught, along with whatever the egg is. So he will have 9 Pokemon through 20 episodes, looks like he's finally doing what most trainers do, which is catch Pokemon.

Maybe he will actually catch a Psychic, Ghost, or Dark type this time around to. I hope he evolves all of his starters out, that would be cool because all the final evolutions are bad ass in this gen.
Old December 28th, 2010 (07:41 PM).
One who randomly returns!

Nature: Impish
Quote originally posted by jmacz008:
I saw somewhere that they were releasing toys, and one was labled Satoshi's Kurumiru, in the egg thread I believe. So it seems as if he will be catching it. Megurocco will also be caught, along with whatever the egg is. So he will have 9 Pokemon through 20 episodes, looks like he's finally doing what most trainers do, which is catch Pokemon.

Maybe he will actually catch a Psychic, Ghost, or Dark type this time around to. I hope he evolves all of his starters out, that would be cool because all the final evolutions are bad ass in this gen.
Indeed. Sweetparadise's website had a toy listed on it momentarily that clearly read "サトシはクルミル". It was removed later, but there are still many blog post in japanese listing to the exact same page.
Oddly enough, none of the blogs have a picture of it. I do not know why though...
Old January 12th, 2011 (04:32 PM).
Natural.....

eh, i know Wikipedia isn't a reliable source but i found this summary about the episode.

Quote:
While on the way to Hiun City to challenge the Hiun Gym, Satoshi, Iris, and Dent find a Kurumiru in the Yaguruma Forest and Satoshi tries to capture it.
Well it does make sense in a way. Ash egg will hatch into Sandile and he captures/tries to capture. Kurumiru.
Old January 12th, 2011 (04:40 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

So if Ash indeed hatches the egg I wonder were Zuruggu would come into play. And most of that sounds like what we already know. I am not really buying any thing from a Wiki, unless it is already proven a fact by the show.

Old January 20th, 2011 (08:34 AM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Geez how many times does Ash have to save this Kurumiru. If this is indeed Arti's he needs to take better care of his pokemon.

Old January 20th, 2011 (10:03 PM).
LuffyxHancock Shipper

Ok from the previews, it kind of looks like there are two Kurumiru so maybe Arty has one and the other one Ash catches? Than, that means some ones getting oaked. Maybe Ash will be switching a couple of times this region? Also, Arty looks fabulous LOL.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old January 20th, 2011 (10:11 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Fabulous to say the least. Seems as though his character is a little flamboyant(don't know if it is really the right word to describe him), which I see nothing wrong with that. From the preview Arti does seem quite excitable which is a better alternative to dull and drab. The only reason I am going to say there is one Kurumiru is because we haven't seen multiple ones together. We have seen Ash chasing down Kurumiru twice. Then showing affection too Arti(which we saw do nothing to help in either instance), so maybe there is two or more(like a swarm).

Old January 27th, 2011 (02:28 AM). Edited January 27th, 2011 by kohei.
Pizzaman.

Just finished watching the episode now.
- Kurumiru is much more acrobatic than it seems.
- Iris and her spiritual beliefs strikes again. Sixth sense lol.
- Arti has his own BGM?
- Arti moves around. A lot.
- KURUMIRU KICK!
- How to greet a Kurumiru.
- Arti: "Eat a lot, then sleep. What it means to live you see. Same for human babies, no?"
- Pasta and soup with berry salad.
- Kurumiru is a tsundere.
- Satoshi dives from a cliff again.
- Arti's Hahakomori knits Kurumiru a new cape. How cute.
- Satoshi gets Kurumiru, and he Oaks (more like Araragis) one of his Pokemon but it isn't revealed which.

Kurumiru doesn't belong to anyone. It's a wild Pokemon who just happens to be friendly to humans.
Arti already has a Hahakomori... and it's pretty large too, as tall as Iris actually.

[edit]
Mamepato probably got cut, right?
No Team Rocket to steal Pikachu = no need for a flying type to ground their hot air balloon.
Old January 27th, 2011 (05:08 AM).
Fictional Writer.

Nature: Quiet
To me it looks like Ash will catch a lot of pokemon in Black and White. He has already caught 6 from Gen 5 plus Pika. My guess he will catch the same amount as Kanto and Orange Islands. So how many is that? Most will probably me a mirror of the ones he got in those to seasons.

Darker Than It Seem..
Shadow: (Fighting/Fire)
Party: Noivern, Lucario, Glacieon, and Krokorok

Phoena: (Water/Ground)
Party: Swanna, Poliwrath and Vaporeon.
Old January 27th, 2011 (05:16 AM).
Pokemon Pro

Wait so this is a Japanesse eposode since is not out yet right?

MY FRIEND CODE:0260 7615 3621

LOOK AT MY PROFILE

Check out my new trading thread!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6559961#post6559961

Old January 27th, 2011 (05:21 AM).
meow
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Xeto:
Wait so this is a Japanesse eposode since is not out yet right?
Yes, this is a Japanese episode. The title of the thread does say so.
Old January 27th, 2011 (05:22 AM).
Pokemon Pro

Oh,ok Im srry,thanks for telling me.

MY FRIEND CODE:0260 7615 3621

LOOK AT MY PROFILE

Check out my new trading thread!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6559961#post6559961

Old January 27th, 2011 (07:38 AM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by kohei:
Just finished watching the episode now.
- Kurumiru is much more acrobatic than it seems.
- Iris and her spiritual beliefs strikes again. Sixth sense lol.
- Arti has his own BGM?
- Arti moves around. A lot.
- KURUMIRU KICK!
- How to greet a Kurumiru.
- Arti: "Eat a lot, then sleep. What it means to live you see. Same for human babies, no?"
- Pasta and soup with berry salad.
- Kurumiru is a tsundere.
- Satoshi dives from a cliff again.
- Arti's Hahakomori knits Kurumiru a new cape. How cute.
- Satoshi gets Kurumiru, and he Oaks (more like Araragis) one of his Pokemon but it isn't revealed which.

Kurumiru doesn't belong to anyone. It's a wild Pokemon who just happens to be friendly to humans.
Arti already has a Hahakomori... and it's pretty large too, as tall as Iris actually.

[edit]
Mamepato probably got cut, right?
No Team Rocket to steal Pikachu = no need for a flying type to ground their hot air balloon.
Well its not Oshawott or Zuruggu since they were since in Episode 19 preview. My guess is Pidove. We really see it used and as you said the regional birds are more used to fine things and deal with Team Rocket.

Quote originally posted by Iceman3317:
To me it looks like Ash will catch a lot of pokemon in Black and White. He has already caught 6 from Gen 5 plus Pika. My guess he will catch the same amount as Kanto and Orange Islands. So how many is that? Most will probably me a mirror of the ones he got in those to seasons.
If he does catch a lot I hope he rotates every now and then, but I get the feeling the starters mainly Oshawott will remain in his party through most of Unova.

Old January 27th, 2011 (09:29 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Wow I enjoyed this episode.

Arti is such a Diva. :3 Hahakomori was really cool too, saving Ash and Sewaddle, and making that leaf into shape. It has a cute voice too. Considering how Ash seems to already have a big bond with Sewaddle now, it shouldn't be long before it evolves to Kurumayu and then Hahakomori. (Hopefully before the match against Arti)

I was suprised to see Ash catch Sewaddle even if there was all that merchandise, it's been ages to see Ash catch another pokémon with a full party.

Speaking of that, I was also suprised to see the Pokéball just lock instead of going to professor oaks or Junipers lab. It does seem better in a way to me though. I wonder what Ash swiched with, like kenshin said - Mijumaru and Zuruguu were shown in the BW019 Preview.

Old January 27th, 2011 (09:32 AM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
I was only able to see part of the episode during lunch since the bell rung so I'll have to watch the third part later but man did this episode make me laugh so much. Satoshi kept failing every few minutes. I couldn't stop laughing during video game club so most of the club members came to watch it with me. It was pretty weird once he jumped out of his sleeping bag to save the bug Pokemon. I thought he was trying to be a ninja right there for a second. Over all this is such a good episode so far. I can't wait to finish watching it later on. That bug gym leader scares me a bit.
Old January 27th, 2011 (02:38 PM).
Natural.....

Ash gets another Pokemon while having a full team, how great. I hope he doesn't sub out Snivy. Well I would guess that he would sub out the bird and keep all his starters or maybe from episode 20 he gives Iris the Zuruggu(which i do not support but believe since its a possibility since it's on Iris's head in BW20). I hope he takes out the bird.
Old January 27th, 2011 (03:12 PM).
LuffyxHancock Shipper

This episode was pretty fun and I loved the animation here and I knew Ash would catch Kurumiru, just from the previews and summary of the episode. I'm glad he caught it too, hope he gets more and more Pokemon, best idea for Pokemon yet. Also another good sign, no Team Rocket two episodes in a row, keep it up writers.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)