Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 31st, 2010, 12:48 PM
Esper

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
Name: Flamincula
Type: Ghost/Flying
Description: A grey flamingo, with stereotypical features of vampires (cloaks, fangs, etc.).
I like this concept, but I don't quite like what I was able to do with it.

I wanted to make some fang-like beak and coat tails for the back feathers. But I just can't seem to get past this point so I'm going to release it to the commons and to whomever wants to try to improve it.

deviantart blog pair
Old December 31st, 2010, 12:53 PM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
You've done a nice job so far, Scarf.
Spoiler:

You see the coat he's wearing, and how it goes up to his ears? Do you think it'd look good on Flamincula? (Btw feel free to change the name)
Old December 31st, 2010, 01:08 PM
dinosaurodon
RAWR

Nature: Bashful
I don't think Swampike should be 2 inches less than Wailord, I think it should be as big as Gyarados and Milotic ( i mean it IS the regions gyarados xD)
Wanna see more?
Check out my Fakemon Thread
Old December 31st, 2010, 01:08 PM
Nimblethumbs
my name would look hot in bold

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimblethumbs View Post
So I made a sprite for that. I must say, I like how it came out .

So, it may need some work on the fins. Feel free to tweak.

Also, more indepth on Wimpike, I think it should be the magikarp or feebas of this dex.. Like it's pathetic now, it evolves, big bang, look, now it PWNs everyone. I dunno, maybe it should evolve into a giant maniacal fish. I'll get onto that .
Quote:
So heres wimpike's evo...

Name: Swampike
Type/s: Water
Pokédex Entry: It is a large pokemon, as big as gyarados. It has a short temper. Scientists are unsure how wimpike evolves into this monster.
Ability/ies: Torrent/intimidate
Just bringing this to the next page so ice doesn't have to travel into the previous pages to find them.
insert witty quote here
Old December 31st, 2010, 01:13 PM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

I'll add Wimpike's sprite to the first post, though I think it's a tad small, especially in comparison to the rest of the sprites. Opinions?

Swampike has also been added.
Old December 31st, 2010, 01:18 PM
Nimblethumbs

Quote:
I'll add Wimpike's sprite to the first post, though I think it's a tad small, especially in comparison to the rest of the sprites. Opinions?

Swampike has also been added.
Thanks!

Well, Wimpike is small because it's intended to be wimpy. Like totally hopeless. Of course, this is IMO, and the sprite can be edited.
insert witty quote here
Old December 31st, 2010, 01:26 PM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Even so, I think it should be larger. We have 96x96! I think if it's around Magikarp's size, though not as tall.
Old December 31st, 2010, 01:27 PM
dinosaurodon
RAWR

Nature: Bashful
OK, I got the Cheetah done, and I edited the Yeti Crab. I didn't know how to make the fur, but I did my best. Feel free to edit it .
Wanna see more?
Check out my Fakemon Thread
Old December 31st, 2010, 01:30 PM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Cheecub is wonderful! And I think I might try and redo the yeti crab.
Old December 31st, 2010, 01:34 PM
Nimblethumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaurodon View Post
OK, I got the Cheetah done, and I edited the Yeti Crab. I didn't know how to make the fur, but I did my best. Feel free to edit it .
Yeah, the cheetah looks awesome. I cant wait for the evo. For the fur, maybe you should attempt a tanner, but still yellow color, and include more jagged and rough shading.., Sorta like dithering, but dithering in shapes... Gah I dunno how to explain it.

And SI, I dont see how to make Wimpike bigger, as pikes are meant to be narrow, and I think that making wimpike bigger would de-pike and de-wimp it. But agin this is IMO, and other people can do what they can to make it better, because I'm no the best of spriters .
insert witty quote here
Old December 31st, 2010, 02:04 PM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

No, not the actual Pokémon, just "zoom" the sprite so we can see more of it. Proportionately resize it to around Magikarp size is what I meant (no, I don't mean select and resize).

I think this is as close to a yeti crab as we're going to get. Personally, I like it, and, even though yeti crabs don't have tails, I think this tail emphasises the electric type. Do you guys think this guy's ready for the final ideas section?

Also, I think he's too small - do you think he warrants an evolution?
Old December 31st, 2010, 02:11 PM
Nimblethumbs

Quote:
No, not the actual Pokémon, just "zoom" the sprite so we can see more of it. Proportionately resize it to around Magikarp size is what I meant (no, I don't mean select and resize).

I think this is as close to a yeti crab as we're going to get. Personally, I like it, and, even though yeti crabs don't have tails, I think this tail emphasises the electric type. Do you guys think this guy's ready for the final ideas section?

Also, I think he's too small - do you think he warrants an evolution?
I love this one. And yes, yetolt does deserve an evolution, i've even made a concept:

Name: Wattacrab
Type: Electric
Abilities: Early Bird
Pokedex: A large yeticrab that can stand on it's legs; it's humanoid. It has a tough shell on it's back, giving it the resemblance of a giant beetle. It's pincers are so sharp, they can dent steel and release 500 watts of electricity. It's electricity is stored in it's fur. It looks like it's prevo, yetolt, except it's black tail is now thicker. It's name is a play on words: Wattacrab and What a crab.

And i'll get on to the new wimpike.
insert witty quote here
Old December 31st, 2010, 02:13 PM
Chesu
Boss Carrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimblethumbs View Post
So heres wimpike's evo...

Name: Swampike
Type/s: Water
Pokédex Entry: It is the second largest pokemon, 2 inches behind wailord. It has a short temper. Scientists are unsure how wimpike evolves into this monster.
Ability/ies: Torrent/intimidate

What? You can make alternate evolutions if you want, but it seems kind of rude to just hijack the concept and make it whatever you want. Wimpike is my idea of a Magikarp-esque line, evolving into Tiamoor, a water serpent. It's halfway between Gyarados and Milotic; not an enraged beast, not a serene beauty queen, but somewhere in the middle.

I do like the idea of a monstrous, gargantuan fish, though. You should take the idea and make something original with it.... Maybe an eel, or some prehistoric mega-fish?

Updated 11/07/10.
Old December 31st, 2010, 02:14 PM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

New version of Yetolt, as the arms seemed to blend into the body slightly.

I'm not so sure about the name of Wattacrab, but I've added the description to the first post.

Perhaps Yetrocute (yeti + electrocute)?

e: Ninja'd by Chesu. To be fair, you didn't state that Tiamoor was the evolution. I'll wait for Nimble's response, though.
Old December 31st, 2010, 02:20 PM
Nimblethumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesu View Post
What? You can make alternate evolutions if you want, but it seems kind of rude to just hijack the concept and make it whatever you want. Wimpike is my idea of a Magikarp-esque line, evolving into Tiamoor, a water serpent. It's halfway between Gyarados and Milotic; not an enraged beast, not a serene beauty queen, but somewhere in the middle.

I do like the idea of a monstrous, gargantuan fish, though. You should take the idea and make something original with it.... Maybe an eel, or some prehistoric mega-fish?

Oh, Im sorry, I didn't know that wimpike evolved into Tiamoor. It never said in it's description... So that's what ~Wind~ was talking about. Im sorry. So, Chesu maybe you and I can make it so that when wimpike's beauty condition and attack stat are high, it evolves into Tiamoor, and when it's strength condition (Is that a condition) and defense stat are high, it evolves into swampike. What do you say? Spherical Ice, if Chesu accepts, can you update that? And, yes, I'm fine with yetrocute, I also thought that wattacrab was kinda wierd. Are we keeping wattacrab's description though?
insert witty quote here
Old December 31st, 2010, 02:23 PM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Chesu said it's not a serene beauty queen.

Perhaps if defense is high, it evolves into Swampike, and if attack is high it evolves into Tiamoor at, say, Level 36? I think that's a good idea (sort of expanding on your idea, Nimble)?
Old December 31st, 2010, 02:25 PM
Chesu
Boss Carrot

Quote:
e: Ninja'd by Chesu. To be fair, you didn't state that Tiamoor was the evolution. I'll wait for Nimble's response, though.
I put Pokemon in the same line one return apart, Pokemon in separate lines two returns apart. I guess it wasn't too clear...

Updated 11/07/10.
Old December 31st, 2010, 02:25 PM
Nimblethumbs

Quote:
Chesu said it's not a serene beauty queen.

Perhaps if defense is high, it evolves into Swampike, and if attack is high it evolves into Tiamoor at, say, Level 36? I think that's a good idea (sort of expanding on your idea, Nimble)?
Yeah, that would work. Does chesu accept *Waits for boss carrot*.
insert witty quote here
Old December 31st, 2010, 02:35 PM
Chesu
Boss Carrot

Sorry, playing a game right now. That's fine, but does evolution method really matter? This is a community project, not for a game.... If anyone uses the fakemon in a game, they'll probably use their own evolution rules.

Updated 11/07/10.
Old December 31st, 2010, 02:42 PM
Nimblethumbs

Ah, this is just for fun. If you don't want it, we can break it seperate. Probably means I need a new name for swampike.

Just b31ng Cr3aT1v3.
insert witty quote here
Old December 31st, 2010, 02:46 PM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

I've just added that they are both evolutions of Wimpike. Okay?

Now, for now I think we should focus on the concepts we have now instead of coming up with more ideas, and expanding on the pretty basic ones we've got.
Old December 31st, 2010, 03:24 PM
Nimblethumbs

Quote:
I've just added that they are both evolutions of Wimpike. Okay?

Now, for now I think we should focus on the concepts we have now instead of coming up with more ideas, and expanding on the pretty basic ones we've got.
Aww... I had a cool idea. I guess we'll expand on our current ideas, then put forth more fakemon.
insert witty quote here
Old December 31st, 2010, 03:26 PM
blackmoonflower
You won't like me if I'm angry

Nature: Quiet
I have an idea for a Normal/Electric family, with a yellow/orange/black color scheme.

1st stage: Hamstatic, the Hamster Pokemon. Basically looks like a Hamtaro type hamster that stands on its hind legs with electric pouches on its cheeks and teeth sticking out, kind of like a rabbit.

2nd stage: Chincharge, the Chinchilla Pokemon. Sort of like Raichu in appearance, standing on hind legs, larger electric pouches and teeth, lighting bolt-type shapes coming off the tips of the large ears, with a long tail that has a tuft of fur on the end.

I came up with this for my hack I have under wraps, but I've suddenly become too busy to sprite and these are not dimensions I'm familiar with. ;

It'd be cool if one of the better spriters could take a crack at it.

<dA <Pixel thread <Etsy
Old December 31st, 2010, 03:40 PM
Nimblethumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmoonflower View Post
I have an idea for a Normal/Electric family, with a yellow/orange/black color scheme.

1st stage: Hamstatic, the Hamster Pokemon. Basically looks like a Hamtaro type hamster that stands on its hind legs with electric pouches on its cheeks and teeth sticking out, kind of like a rabbit.

2nd stage: Chincharge, the Chinchilla Pokemon. Sort of like Raichu in appearance, standing on hind legs, larger electric pouches and teeth, lighting bolt-type shapes coming off the tips of the large ears, with a long tail that has a tuft of fur on the end.

I came up with this for my hack I have under wraps, but I've suddenly become too busy to sprite and these are not dimensions I'm familiar with. ;

It'd be cool if one of the better spriters could take a crack at it.

Seems very pikachu family-like. I dunno, but the color scheme seems wierd o.0.

Well, Ice, it can't hurt for one more eh?

Name: Blaydyte
Bladetail pokemon
Abilities: Guts
Type: Steel
Pokedex: It is a small yellow creature with no distinguishable head. It's skin is so tough only a diamond cutter can penetrate it. Blaydyte has a blue line running all the way down it's back, forming into an arrow between it's eyes (If you ever watched Avatar: The last airbender when you were little, it looks like aang's arrow). It has a blue marking on each of it's four stout, stubby little legs. It has a jagged razor blade as a tail, but one side of it is stuck to it's rear/back part of it's body, leaving just the blade sticking out, giving Blaydyte the inability to swish it's tail. Blaydyte has a small blunt horn on it's forehead, used for shaving off treebark, it's staple diet. Blaydyte then sits on the treebark to cut it into bite-sized pieces. All of Blaydyte's attacks are attack based, and are carried out with its bladetail, so it looks really wierd, as the opponent sees the rear end of the pokemon flying at them. It's horn is unsuitable for combat. One thing is sure: You don't want this pokemon sitting on you.

^I'm creating a sprite for it. I'll tell you if I give up.
insert witty quote here
Old December 31st, 2010, 03:42 PM
~Wind~
Mostly inactive.

Nature: Calm
I've shrunk my version a bit:

And also recoloured yours to chanpuffs pallete. (albiet a bit bright)
This user mostly isn't online
-Tumblr Account-
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here