The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old February 26th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadebattle View Post
How do I exactly insert an mp3 into FL to make a loop? Whenever I try and save to Midi, I get no sound.
You don't use MP3 files. MP3 is streaming audio, and MIDI is sequenced. You cannot convert streaming audio into sequence unless you made a manual conversion by using MIDI instruments and remade the song yourself.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old March 12th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Jacusiek
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
OMG! IT'S BLACK MAGIC!!! Can you explain that with pictures or movie, please? I just want to put some music into game... I can't understand any of this part ;/
Old March 12th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacusiek View Post
OMG! IT'S BLACK MAGIC!!! Can you explain that with pictures or movie, please? I just want to put some music into game... I can't understand any of this part ;/
The whole thing? Or any point in specific?

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old March 12th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Jacusiek
Unhatched Egg

I Know how to extract the song from NDS, so that is only first point. Then I don't know what to do, how to import it into game. Do I really have to change the music with programs you used in tutorial? What if I want just put my music, without changing it? Just extract, replace files, import and play.
@Edit:
I want to do this:
Replace normal trainer battle music for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VU6NcExcAU
Replace Rival battle music for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulkDz...eature=related
Replace N battle music for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ruYfRBa7tQ
Replace team Plasma battle music for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3yc7qBrhvk
Replace Ghetsis battle music for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USUGjKmP2aY
Maybe could you explain me how to do certain moves to replace that or maybe could you do that for me in pokemon White? I really can't understand this ;/

Last edited by Jacusiek; March 12th, 2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old March 12th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
I Know how to extract the song from NDS, so that is only first point. Then I don't know what to do, how to import it into game. Do I really have to change the music with programs you used in tutorial? What if I want just put my music, without changing it? Just extract, replace files, import and play.
@Edit:
I want to do this:
Replace normal trainer battle music for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VU6NcExcAU
Replace Rival battle music for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulkDz...eature=related
Replace N battle music for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ruYfRBa7tQ
Replace team Plasma battle music for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3yc7qBrhvk
Replace Ghetsis battle music for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USUGjKmP2aY
Maybe could you explain me how to do certain moves to replace that or maybe could you do that for me in pokemon White? I really can't understand this ;/
Well, you can use any MIDI editor of your choice that supports .DLS files, but FL Studio has a lot of features as well as plugin support. As for extracting, replacing and playing, it's not as simple. Not all songs are made the same way. That's why if you replace songs with another, it won't sound right. If you're lucky, it might, but it depends. It will usually require some kind of effort to get your music just right.

And if you want to replace those songs you listed, you will need MIDI versions. You cannot use MP3s. And I cannot stress that enough.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old March 13th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Jacusiek
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Well, you can use any MIDI editor of your choice that supports .DLS files, but FL Studio has a lot of features as well as plugin support. As for extracting, replacing and playing, it's not as simple. Not all songs are made the same way. That's why if you replace songs with another, it won't sound right. If you're lucky, it might, but it depends. It will usually require some kind of effort to get your music just right.

And if you want to replace those songs you listed, you will need MIDI versions. You cannot use MP3s. And I cannot stress that enough.
OK, thanks, I will try to do something with that.
Old March 27th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
OK, thanks, I will try to do something with that.
Thought I'd quickly add on to my train of thought as I recently recalled some of my old videos on YouTube that involved a direct copy-paste.

Here is an example of it working completely and perfectly.

Here is an example of it completely backfiring.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old April 6th, 2012, 02:20 PM
KingDrapion
dual-type Poison/Dark Pokémon.

Nature: Relaxed
I dont know why but when I try to convert my midi with the new midi2sseq file it says that my midi is corrupted? This happened after I looped in Anvil Studio.
Can you help me out with this? I have used another midi and it says the same thing.
Old April 7th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDrapion View Post
I dont know why but when I try to convert my midi with the new midi2sseq file it says that my midi is corrupted? This happened after I looped in Anvil Studio.
Can you help me out with this? I have used another midi and it says the same thing.
Does it still give you a .sseq file?

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old April 8th, 2012, 12:46 AM
KingDrapion

Quote:
Does it still give you a .sseq file?
Sadly No, it doesn't even give me an sseq file for the non looped midis. I must be doing the command prompt wrong, so can you explain how to do it specifically?
Also, the older midi2sseq file works with the NON looped midis, but not with the looped ones.
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Sadly No, it doesn't even give me an sseq file for the non looped midis. I must be doing the command prompt wrong, so can you explain how to do it specifically?
Also, the older midi2sseq file works with the NON looped midis, but not with the looped ones.
Yeah. That's why I recommend using the new one. Try re-exporting your original MIDI and try looping it again. Be sure you're using the proper commands too.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old April 10th, 2012, 12:50 AM
KingDrapion

Quote:
Yeah. That's why I recommend using the new one. Try re-exporting your original MIDI and try looping it again. Be sure you're using the proper commands too.
Yep tried it again. Didn't work... I definitely did the right command prompt. It says that the midi is corrupted even when I re-exported it and looped it using your guide.
I dont know if this is too much to ask but can you try converting and looping it it for me? Maybe you could figure out how to avoid the corruption.
here's the download link: http://www.filefactory.com/file/3qi8...battle_RSE_mid
Id greatly appreciate if you could do it, but if the problem happens to u don't worry about it.
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Nurse Kevin
Pokémon Videogame Researcher

Nature: Serious
There is a question I have about editing the .midis in FL Studio. I notice some tracks have more than one instrument playing in 1 track. Is it possible to change the instruments for both of them? If so, how?

Also, people use the HGSS and BW Soundfonts in FL Studio. Is that required to make your .midis sound good in-game after converting to .sseq? The .dls files don't seem to help me at all when it comes to changing the song's instruments.
Old April 13th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Kevin View Post
There is a question I have about editing the .midis in FL Studio. I notice some tracks have more than one instrument playing in 1 track. Is it possible to change the instruments for both of them? If so, how?

Also, people use the HGSS and BW Soundfonts in FL Studio. Is that required to make your .midis sound good in-game after converting to .sseq? The .dls files don't seem to help me at all when it comes to changing the song's instruments.
When in FL studio, there is an option to change the patch of the instrument when in the keyboard view. That's where you can toggle instruments on a track. As for DLS files, they contain the game's sound samples, and if you don't have them, you'd better have a good memory. The DLS files extracted vary from game to game as well.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old April 13th, 2012, 11:21 PM
KingDrapion

I don't mean to be annoying but have you downloaded my midi and tried to loop it? Because I still have the same trouble with different midis now
Old April 14th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
I don't mean to be annoying but have you downloaded my midi and tried to loop it? Because I still have the same trouble with different midis now
I tried looping it and had no problems at all. All I did was add the loop information. Are you sure you're adding the loop information correctly?

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old April 14th, 2012, 09:11 PM
KingDrapion

Quote:
I tried looping it and had no problems at all. All I did was add the loop information. Are you sure you're adding the loop information correctly?
Really? It worked? Hmm... I must be doing the looping wrong somehow. I have followed all your steps on how to loop, but i don't know where I went wrong. Did you convert my midi into an sseq file? If so, can I have it back because I want to change the music in my game. Thanks.
Ok I'l try again and see if I can figure out how to make it work properly. Maybe if you put pictures on how to loop on Anvil Studio, then maybe that will help me and even the Command prompt bit because I do not fully understand that.

Last edited by KingDrapion; April 14th, 2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old April 14th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Nurse Kevin

Quote:
When in FL studio, there is an option to change the patch of the instrument when in the keyboard view. That's where you can toggle instruments on a track. As for DLS files, they contain the game's sound samples, and if you don't have them, you'd better have a good memory. The DLS files extracted vary from game to game as well.
Yeah, your right. The .dls files are necessary. However, I had to manually change the notes to the channels with the corresponding instruments. If this works with the midis from RSE (as commonly), then the last thing that I will have to put into practice is the loop.

Anyways, I give you my thanks for your reply. It gave me crucial answers to other questions that I was about to ask. I'll be back if anything happens.
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Really? It worked? Hmm... I must be doing the looping wrong somehow. I have followed all your steps on how to loop, but i don't know where I went wrong. Did you convert my midi into an sseq file? If so, can I have it back because I want to change the music in my game. Thanks.
Ok I'l try again and see if I can figure out how to make it work properly. Maybe if you put pictures on how to loop on Anvil Studio, then maybe that will help me and even the Command prompt bit because I do not fully understand that.
Here is your looped SSEQ:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34957059/result.sseq

It should loop correct, I haven't tested it on a DS yet because idk what game it's for.
Quote:
Yeah, your right. The .dls files are necessary. However, I had to manually change the notes to the channels with the corresponding instruments. If this works with the midis from RSE (as commonly), then the last thing that I will have to put into practice is the loop.

Anyways, I give you my thanks for your reply. It gave me crucial answers to other questions that I was about to ask. I'll be back if anything happens.
Ok will do. The only downside to the DLS files is that it uses samples from the game, and it doesn't pick up the direct square sounds that the DS itself generates (Any GB Sounds song from HGSS uses this engine) so they won't generate a sound in FL Studio. I hope to find a fix but that may not be possible.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old April 18th, 2012, 08:29 PM
KingDrapion

Thanks heaps mate, I appreciate it.
Old April 21st, 2012, 12:14 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Thanks TF, I'm gonna give this a shot. If I can replace my BW battle music with "Love-Colored Master Spark" I'll be a very happy man.

Last edited by machomuu; April 22nd, 2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 06:20 AM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Thanks TF, I'm gonna give this a shot. If I can replace my BW battle music with "Love-Colored Master Spark I'll be a very happy man.
IIRC, the drumkit in most BW soundbanks is Square Wave 1. Except for Cynthia's battle theme, which is a stripped-down DP soundbank.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old April 23rd, 2012, 09:48 AM
Nurse Kevin

I'm back. Anyways, there's something that's confusing me here. After repacking the SDAT Folder, many keep suggesting to use CT2 or PPRE rather than Nitro Explorer to insert the .sdat file. Do those 2 programs have something that Nitro Explorer doesn't have?
Old April 23rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
I'm back. Anyways, there's something that's confusing me here. After repacking the SDAT Folder, many keep suggesting to use CT2 or PPRE rather than Nitro Explorer to insert the .sdat file. Do those 2 programs have something that Nitro Explorer doesn't have?
CT2 is buggy in the fact that it cannot replace a file if it's larger than what the target is. Even if it's just one byte, it will complain that it cannot insert it because it's too large. I'd use PPRE mostly because it rips the rom apart, then reassembles it, regardless of any size limitations.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old April 23rd, 2012, 10:35 AM
Nurse Kevin

Quote:
CT2 is buggy in the fact that it cannot replace a file if it's larger than what the target is. Even if it's just one byte, it will complain that it cannot insert it because it's too large. I'd use PPRE mostly because it rips the rom apart, then reassembles it, regardless of any size limitations.
Understood. Thanks dude.

Speaking of SDATs, there is a funny question I have. Is it possible to insert music data (.sseq, .sbnk, .swar) from a different game into the SDAT folder? For example, say we have the Pokémon White SDAT folder. If I wanted to change the Elite Four theme with a song from a different game like say... the Jungle stage from Contra 4 (which also uses the SDAT system), would taking the song data from its SDAT folder and putting it into the Pokémon White SDAT folder allow it to work in-game?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here