The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:17 PM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Kevin View Post
Understood. Thanks dude.

Speaking of SDATs, there is a funny question I have. Is it possible to insert music data (.sseq, .sbnk, .swar) from a different game into the SDAT folder? For example, say we have the Pokémon White SDAT folder. If I wanted to change the Elite Four theme with a song from a different game like say... the Jungle stage from Contra 4 (which also uses the SDAT system), would taking the song data from its SDAT folder and putting it into the Pokémon White SDAT folder allow it to work in-game?
In theory, yes. It should work. I'm currently trying to do that, but I don't want to change any other songs that may rely on the replaced SBNK and SWAR, so I need to figure that out too.
__________________

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Reply With Quote
  #102    
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Blazaking's Avatar
Blazaking
Pokémon Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Karachi
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
I was wondering if you could provide a different mirror for the Music Hack Pack, because the download link currently up isn't working for me.

Edit: Ah, just read back on the thread. Any idea when you'll be making the new tutorial yet?

I've been trying to music hack for a while, but I've failed... every time. The problem I'm currently facing is that when I repack the files into the .sdat (using the kiwi editor), everything is jumbled up. I found out that it was because kiwi repacks them in alphabetical order and then renames all the files according to how they were listed originally in the rom. The only method I found to fixing this was renaming all the files with numbers according to their original listing, but that's way too much work, especially with a game like BW (there are like 800 sseqs!)

Can you help?
__________________

Last edited by Blazaking; April 27th, 2012 at 12:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #103    
Old April 28th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazaking View Post
I was wondering if you could provide a different mirror for the Music Hack Pack, because the download link currently up isn't working for me.

Edit: Ah, just read back on the thread. Any idea when you'll be making the new tutorial yet?

I've been trying to music hack for a while, but I've failed... every time. The problem I'm currently facing is that when I repack the files into the .sdat (using the kiwi editor), everything is jumbled up. I found out that it was because kiwi repacks them in alphabetical order and then renames all the files according to how they were listed originally in the rom. The only method I found to fixing this was renaming all the files with numbers according to their original listing, but that's way too much work, especially with a game like BW (there are like 800 sseqs!)

Can you help?
Yeah. Once I have time, I plan to add more.

As for using KIWI DS, don't ever use it. It's buggy in that way. I've found a newer, better alternative that will be added in my update. When I get around to it.
__________________

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Reply With Quote
  #104    
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:31 AM
AquaFred
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Tuto Is done well, I managed to make:p thank you

My chaine YouTube: TheFredWTF

hack music
Reply With Quote
  #105    
Old May 19th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaFred View Post
Tuto Is done well, I managed to make:p thank you

My chaine YouTube: TheFredWTF

hack music
Français:
Merci. n_n
(Moi, je parle un peu français.)

English:
Thanks. n_n
(I speak a bit of French.)
__________________

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Reply With Quote
  #106    
Old May 26th, 2012, 07:42 PM
KingDrapion's Avatar
KingDrapion
dual-type Poison/Dark Pokémon.
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
hey team fail. I don't know if you already knew this but if you export a sseq file directly from another ROM for example Platinum and convert it into a midi, it keeps the loop point. This doesn't really help learning how to loop, but some people can just edit an already looped midi and convert then insert it into a ROM without having to loop it again.
__________________
Hacks in Progress:
Pokemon Hoenn White EX
Pokemon Hoenn White 2: The sequel to R/S/E
Reply With Quote
  #107    
Old May 27th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
When it's converted to MIDI, looping data is lost. Unless there's some new alternative.
__________________

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Reply With Quote
  #108    
Old June 8th, 2012, 09:45 PM
KingDrapion's Avatar
KingDrapion
dual-type Poison/Dark Pokémon.
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
^Sorry, my bad. The MIDI does lose its data. Anyways, this guy here knows how to change instruments directly of an SSEQ file from a DPPt/HGSS Rom. It also keeps the loop as an added bonus. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPZbE...hannel&list=UL
__________________
Hacks in Progress:
Pokemon Hoenn White EX
Pokemon Hoenn White 2: The sequel to R/S/E
Reply With Quote
  #109    
Old June 8th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
That's by only editing the SSEQ directly. This way would be easier.
__________________

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Reply With Quote
  #110    
Old June 9th, 2012, 09:33 PM
KingDrapion's Avatar
KingDrapion
dual-type Poison/Dark Pokémon.
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
I know this way would be easier, but it so confusing for me. The part Im mostly confused about is the looping part, since you don't really explain well on how to do it. And it doesn't work for me, since when I try to convert the MIDI I looped according to your instructions, it doesn't even give me an SSEQ file from MIDI2SSEQ. I suggest updating the Tutorial for newcomers to understand it properly. I don't know, maybe add some screens? Or maybe a vid?
But I do give you my thanks for starting it in the first place. Ill probably try the other method of changing instruments from an SSEQ file, but you wouldn't happen to know what the instrument Hex numbers are, would you?
__________________
Hacks in Progress:
Pokemon Hoenn White EX
Pokemon Hoenn White 2: The sequel to R/S/E
Reply With Quote
  #111    
Old June 11th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Oxnite's Avatar
Oxnite
aka Arbok
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands.
Gender:
Nature: Gentle
I have a question on music hacking. There's a certain music file in the B/W .sdat file that's not looped yet (I don't think it's used in the game but I'm not sure). However, I want to have it looped because I would like to use it (it's an encounter music). Where do I have to start? Is it possible to loop a .sseq file without having the .midi file?

The .sseq file I'm talking about is 093-SEQ_BGM_E_INISHIE.sseq.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #112    
Old June 12th, 2012, 03:20 AM
tURuI's Avatar
tURuI
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
The download link for the hack pack is not working...
Reply With Quote
  #113    
Old June 27th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Alright. After tons of procrastination on my part, I have finally got around to updating the Hack Pack. You can get it here!

You can also find it in the bottom of the first post as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxnite View Post
I have a question on music hacking. There's a certain music file in the B/W .sdat file that's not looped yet (I don't think it's used in the game but I'm not sure). However, I want to have it looped because I would like to use it (it's an encounter music). Where do I have to start? Is it possible to loop a .sseq file without having the .midi file?

The .sseq file I'm talking about is 093-SEQ_BGM_E_INISHIE.sseq.
You can loop an SSEQ without having the MIDI. Just export it from BW as a MIDI with VGMTrans.
__________________

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO

Last edited by Team Fail; June 29th, 2012 at 10:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #114    
Old August 8th, 2012, 08:59 PM
TheHackster
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
I just finished my first sample of a midi. However, I'm having trouble with the new midi2sseq.

Whenever I try converting it, it just gives me this in the CMD:

Usage:

midi2sseq midifile sseqfile

When I add looping information it does the same thing. Both .dlls are in the same directory. Also, if it matters, after exporting my midi I made a copy of it and used the copied one for editing and converting.
Reply With Quote
  #115    
Old August 9th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHackster View Post
I just finished my first sample of a midi. However, I'm having trouble with the new midi2sseq.

Whenever I try converting it, it just gives me this in the CMD:

Usage:

midi2sseq midifile sseqfile

When I add looping information it does the same thing. Both .dlls are in the same directory. Also, if it matters, after exporting my midi I made a copy of it and used the copied one for editing and converting.
You have to type nameoffile.mid (And you need to add .mid), then put nameofsseq.sseq (You must add .sseq). To use it, you must point a Command Prompt window to the location of it, but it seems you've done that already as you're seeing that message.

Example:

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\midi2sseq input.mid output.sseq
C:\<location on your hard drive>\midi2sseq input.mid output.sseq
__________________

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Reply With Quote
  #116    
Old August 9th, 2012, 04:24 PM
TheHackster
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
You have to type nameoffile.mid (And you need to add .mid), then put nameofsseq.sseq (You must add .sseq). To use it, you must point a Command Prompt window to the location of it, but it seems you've done that already as you're seeing that message.

Example:

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\midi2sseq input.mid output.sseq
C:\<location on your hard drive>\midi2sseq input.mid output.sseq
Yeah, it already had both extensions and it gave me this:

C:\Documents and Settings\User Folder\midi2sseq input.mid output.sseq
Usage:

midi2sseq midifile sseqfile

But now it's being crazy and giving me this:

C:\Documents and Settings\User Folder\midi2sseq input.mid output.sseq
Warning: note on on active note! Track 13, pos 99
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 13, pos 102
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 173
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 176
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 179
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 182
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 185
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 188
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 191
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 194
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 197
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 200
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 203
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 206
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 209
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 212
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 215
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 218
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 221
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 224
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 227
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 230
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 233
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 236
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 239
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 242
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 245
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 258
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 251
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 254
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 257
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 260
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 263
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 267
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 272
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 276
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 279
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 284
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 287
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 292
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 295
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 300
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 303
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 308
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 315
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 316
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 321
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 322
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 325
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 330
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 333
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 334
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 339
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 340
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 343
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 348
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 351
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 356
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 359
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 364

By any chance, is this even supposed to happen?
Reply With Quote
  #117    
Old August 10th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHackster View Post
Yeah, it already had both extensions and it gave me this:

C:\Documents and Settings\User Folder\midi2sseq input.mid output.sseq
Usage:

midi2sseq midifile sseqfile

But now it's being crazy and giving me this:

C:\Documents and Settings\User Folder\midi2sseq input.mid output.sseq
Warning: note on on active note! Track 13, pos 99
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 13, pos 102
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 173
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 176
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 179
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 182
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 185
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 188
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 191
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 194
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 197
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 200
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 203
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 206
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 209
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 212
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 215
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 218
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 221
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 224
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 227
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 230
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 233
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 236
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 239
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 242
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 245
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 258
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 251
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 254
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 257
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 260
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 263
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 267
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 272
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 276
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 279
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 284
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 287
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 292
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 295
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 300
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 303
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 308
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 315
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 316
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 321
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 322
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 325
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 330
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 333
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 334
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 339
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 340
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 343
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 348
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 351
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 356
Warning: note on on active note! Track 3, pos 359
Warning: note off on non-existant note! Track 3, pos 364

By any chance, is this even supposed to happen?
And you've changed input.mid and output.sseq to their appropriate names? Try re-exporting your MIDI from FL Studio and try the loop process again. You might have switched the loopStart and loopEnd commands.
__________________

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Reply With Quote
  #118    
Old August 11th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Oxnite's Avatar
Oxnite
aka Arbok
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands.
Gender:
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Alright. After tons of procrastination on my part, I have finally got around to updating the Hack Pack. You can get it here!

You can also find it in the bottom of the first post as well.


You can loop an SSEQ without having the MIDI. Just export it from BW as a MIDI with VGMTrans.
Thanks for your help. However.. I tried and I still can't get it working. I've edited about everything of Pokémon Black / White but music hacking still doesn't seem to work for me. Very strange.

I tried to loop the midi of 093-SEQ_BGM_E_INISHIE.sseq, but it didn't work. Everytime I try to add the looped .sseq file to CrystalTile, it gives me an error. Apparently, the new file is too big. OK, I understand that, but how can I make it smaller? I just want to have the original .sseq file, but looped.

Could you please help me with this? [ I need two music files edited for my Pokémon White Deluxe hack, and I really need that before I can release the final version. ]

If somebody could loop 093-SEQ_BGM_E_INISHIE.sseq for me, that would be amazing, thanks in advance.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #119    
Old August 12th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxnite View Post
Thanks for your help. However.. I tried and I still can't get it working. I've edited about everything of Pokémon Black / White but music hacking still doesn't seem to work for me. Very strange.

I tried to loop the midi of 093-SEQ_BGM_E_INISHIE.sseq, but it didn't work. Everytime I try to add the looped .sseq file to CrystalTile, it gives me an error. Apparently, the new file is too big. OK, I understand that, but how can I make it smaller? I just want to have the original .sseq file, but looped.

Could you please help me with this? [ I need two music files edited for my Pokémon White Deluxe hack, and I really need that before I can release the final version. ]

If somebody could loop 093-SEQ_BGM_E_INISHIE.sseq for me, that would be amazing, thanks in advance.
If it's too large, use Tinke to insert it (Take a look in the latest hack pack for more info on Tinke and download links). I'll have to update the tutorial for usage of Tinke to import larger files, but for now, just browse to the SDAT in it, then find the SSEQ to replace.
__________________

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Reply With Quote
  #120    
Old August 13th, 2012, 05:13 AM
Oxnite's Avatar
Oxnite
aka Arbok
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands.
Gender:
Nature: Gentle
WOW! It works! Thank you SO much, Team Fail! It's so amazing yet easy.. Thanks again!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #121    
Old August 21st, 2012, 03:40 PM
Platinum Lucario's Avatar
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
STRM files are much like SWAV files, they are pretty much the un-archived version of a SWAV file. Editing them may not be as easy as you think it is. 'Cause there can be some people that will import their .wav file into the STRM file using Tinke and noticing that the pitch is higher than it should. So you think the answer to it is "decrease the speed and pitch in a .wav editor" right? Well of course you need to do that, but it'll still not sound the same in Tinke though.

And to be honest... the real developers at Tecmo Koei made the same mistake when converting their .wav into a SWAV without fixing the sampling/frequency using a hex editor. No wonder the Pokémon's cries sound higher pitched and faster in the game than in other games. lol

So to avoid making the same mistake as what Tecmo Koei did with the SWAV files... here's what you'll need to do:

Step 1: Open up the .wav file that you'd like to insert into the game with a .wav editor, I'd generally use Wavepad Sound Editor for this, it's also freeware.

Step 2: Click the Sound and Pitch Change button and change it to 98 and click apply.

Step 3: Save the .wav file, upon saving the .wav file... you'll also be given options on what you want the .wav file format to be, make sure the Format is set at "PCM Uncompressed" and the Attributes are set to 32000 Hz, 16 Bits, Stereo. Then click OK.

Step 4: Once your .wav file is saved in the correct format with the sound and pitch changed, open up Tinke, load the ROM you wish to import the .wav to and import the .wav file to any STRM or SWAV that you desire.

Step 5: As you may have noticed... the SWAV or STRM will sound the same as it does from what you edited using the .wav editor, but it will sound correctly in the game, but wait... we're not done yet. Next you need to extract the SWAV or STRM that you imported the .wav file to and close Tinke, this is to prevent a minor bug in Tinke that corrupts the .sdat when changing a file or importing a .wav file for the second time.

Step 6: Open up the SWAV or STRM with a hex editor, I'd normally use HxD for hex editing.

Step 7: Go to offset 0x1C - 0x1D (or 0x1A - 0x1B with an SWAV), this area is the sampling rate for the STRM or SWAV file. Change the bytes to "D8 7F", remember... bytes are written in reverse, so in reality it's 7FD8... which is 32728 in decimal, but on the SWAV or STRM, it's D87F. But remember, SWAV files are mono only.

Step 8: Save the SWAV or STRM and import it into the ROM using Tinke.

I would also recommend adding this to the tutorial as well.
__________________
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
Researching the NDS ROMs...

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Reply With Quote
  #122    
Old August 25th, 2012, 09:00 PM
KingDrapion's Avatar
KingDrapion
dual-type Poison/Dark Pokémon.
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Hey TF, I don't know why but is there still a chance of the SSEQ file de-syncing even when you have done the steps to fix it? I inserted it with Tinke due to the SSEQ being larger, so would Tinke be the problem of why it is de syncing?
__________________
Hacks in Progress:
Pokemon Hoenn White EX
Pokemon Hoenn White 2: The sequel to R/S/E
Reply With Quote
  #123    
Old August 25th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
I've never had issues with track synchronization before. Perhaps try re-looping the file and try re-inserting it.
__________________

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Reply With Quote
  #124    
Old August 27th, 2012, 10:36 PM
KingDrapion's Avatar
KingDrapion
dual-type Poison/Dark Pokémon.
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Oh I didn't loop it, do you reckon that is the reason why the instruments and tempo are stuffing up? Anyway, Ill have to wait until my mate converts my SSEQ file for me since my Command Prompt says the MIDI is corrupted.

Edit: Could spaces in the MIDI file cause the desyncing? Becuase in the MIDI files that are stuffing up, they each have a large amount of space at the end, while the MIDI files that are working don't.
__________________
Hacks in Progress:
Pokemon Hoenn White EX
Pokemon Hoenn White 2: The sequel to R/S/E

Last edited by KingDrapion; August 28th, 2012 at 03:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #125    
Old August 28th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDrapion View Post
Oh I didn't loop it, do you reckon that is the reason why the instruments and tempo are stuffing up? Anyway, Ill have to wait until my mate converts my SSEQ file for me since my Command Prompt says the MIDI is corrupted.

Edit: Could spaces in the MIDI file cause the desyncing? Becuase in the MIDI files that are stuffing up, they each have a large amount of space at the end, while the MIDI files that are working don't.
It shouldn't be caused by that. I haven't had that issue before. If it doesn't get fixed, try opening it in another MIDI editor, exporting it from there, and try converting it.
__________________

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 01:53 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.