The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old August 28th, 2012, 10:32 PM
KingDrapion
dual-type Poison/Dark Pokémon.

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
^Ok Ill do some experimenting and tell you if I could fix it just incase a problem like mine pops up again.
Old August 28th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Alright. If you can, I'll make a troubleshooting section and add it.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old August 29th, 2012, 11:09 PM
KingDrapion

Ok, from my research, the MIDI files that do not work properly are the ones sent to me from my mate. They change instruments during the track playing. The ones that do work are the ones that don't change instruments and are composed by me (but they aren't very good). It seems that the changing instrument thing should not be the problem since it works on the SSEQ file that Hypershadicx made on Youtube, so I have no idea why it is still desyncing with the MIDI files my mate sent me. That is all I got at the moment but atleast I got this looping and converting thing working properly for me.
Old August 30th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Alright then. I'll look into this synchnorization issue. I have yet to replicate it, but I'll try to, and then provide a fix.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old August 30th, 2012, 03:44 AM
KingDrapion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Alright then. I'll look into this synchnorization issue. I have yet to replicate it, but I'll try to, and then provide a fix.
lol after all that, I figured that it was my .sdat that was stuffing up, I also got the loop to work but for some reason it does not loop in VGM trams but it does during normal game-play.
Old August 31st, 2012, 12:43 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDrapion View Post
lol after all that, I figured that it was my .sdat that was stuffing up, I also got the loop to work but for some reason it does not loop in VGM trams but it does during normal game-play.
Yeah. Loops won't play back at all in VGMTrans. Hopefully, someone will take initiative to update it. If I knew programming languages, I'd try myself.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old November 4th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Nurse Kevin
Pokémon Videogame Researcher

Nature: Serious
There something I just realized about editing midi files, and this is making me think right now that maybe I did everything wrong from the start. There's this guy called HyperShadicX on YouTube who remixed a song from Pokémon R/S/E to replace the trainer battle theme for Pokémon B/W. I checked the midi file he used and it has only 9 tracks in contrast to B/W's trainer battle theme which has 11 tracks. I always thought you had to add the notes from the R/S/E midi into the B/W midi (the one you extract from VGMTrans) and replace its original notes with the notes of the R/S/E midi.

Also, I thought that these R/S/E notes had to be placed exactly on the B/W track that plays the intrument that you want the notes to play. I thought this because as far as I'm concerned I can't seem to change an instrument from a channel (track). For example, Channel 3 (of a random midi) plays the Harmonica but I want it to play Synth Bass 2 instead. You (Team Fail) did say something about changing the patch numbers in FL Studio, but the only 2 areas (as far as I know) that mention the patch numbers are:

1. Fruity LSD (Insert 1) box (where you open the .dls file).

2. Channel Settings box.

On the Fruity LSD box, I click on one of the channels listed in the box and it gives me an option to click on a patch number (supposedly to change the instrument). I click on it, but instead of hearing the new instrument play, it either plays a different sound instead of the game sound or it just doesn't play any sound at all. The Channel Settings box does kind of the same thing, only that sometimes it does play the instrument from a game after changing the patch number listed there. However, when I click "Stop" to halt midi's playback and clicking "Play" again, it resets all changed settings to its original settings.

Questions:

1. Is it possible to remix a midi file with less tracks than the original midi which has more tracks using the game's .dls file?

2. How do I change instruments from a channel to play a different instrument rather than the order that the instruments play?

3. How do I save the changed settings? (As far as I'm concerned, the only changes made in a midi file that save are the notes and its settings. Sound settings don't seem to change at all prior to saving, which makes it difficult for me to determine how the song will sound like in-game. The only way I can determine how a song will sound in-game is by placing the new notes into the channels that play the instruments in the order that it came in.)

Last edited by Nurse Kevin; November 4th, 2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old November 4th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Whoa. Okay. I'll split this down a bit here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Kevin View Post
There something I just realized about editing midi files, and this is making me think right now that maybe I did everything wrong from the start. There's this guy called HyperShadicX on YouTube who remixed a song from Pokémon R/S/E to replace the trainer battle theme for Pokémon B/W. I checked the midi file he used and it has only 9 tracks in contrast to B/W's trainer battle theme which has 11 tracks. I always thought you had to add the notes from the R/S/E midi into the B/W midi (the one you extract from VGMTrans) and replace its original notes with the notes of the R/S/E midi.
No. You can have as many tracks as you wish, up to the MIDI limit of 16. I may rewrite the first part of the tutorial, though. However, filesize will be an issue, however, if you insert using Tinke, you'll be fine. Just be sure to back up your files before using Tinke because there is a rare chance it may corrupt your rom.
Quote:
Also, I thought that these R/S/E notes had to be placed exactly on the B/W track that plays the intrument that you want the notes to play. I thought this because as far as I'm concerned I can't seem to change an instrument from a channel (track). For example, Channel 3 (of a random midi) plays the Harmonica but I want it to play Synth Bass 2 instead. You (Team Fail) did say something about changing the patch numbers in FL Studio, but the only 2 areas (as far as I know) that mention the patch numbers are:

1. Fruity LSD (Insert 1) box (where you open the .dls file).

2. Channel Settings box.

On the Fruity LSD box, I click on one of the channels listed in the box and it gives me an option to click on a patch number (supposedly to change the instrument). I click on it, but instead of hearing the new instrument play, it either plays a different sound instead of the game sound or it just doesn't play any sound at all. The Channel Settings box does kind of the same thing, only that sometimes it does play the instrument from a game after changing the patch number listed there. However, when I click "Stop" to halt midi's playback and clicking "Play" again, it resets all changed settings to its original settings.
That's a common issue I ran into at first, but here's what you do:

Open your Piano Roll, and near the top, you'll see a small (Small is an understatement depending on the song) dropdown list, like so:
Spoiler:

There will be properties for each track based on the name, and if some are missing, don't worry! Select another track with the property you're trying to edit, then select your original track once again. It will then change the bottom part of the piano roll, and you can edit tracks, tempo, velocity, and whatnot. And they'll stay set to what you want them to be.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old November 4th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Nurse Kevin
Pokémon Videogame Researcher

Nature: Serious
Quote:
That's a common issue I ran into at first, but here's what you do:

Open your Piano Roll, and near the top, you'll see a small (Small is an understatement depending on the song) dropdown list. There will be properties for each track based on the name, and if some are missing, don't worry! Select another track with the property you're trying to edit, then select your original track once again. It will then change the bottom part of the piano roll, and you can edit tracks, tempo, velocity, and whatnot. And they'll stay set to what you want them to be.
OK, I'll check on that part. Thanks again.
Old December 4th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

I've added a new tutorial that covers a new method of looping, however, it uses official Software Development Kit tools, but it covers a looping method that BOTH the GBA and NDS tools support. Anyways, this method of creating a SSEQ file will allow you to use modulation, and almost everything else the DS engine supports. Once the tutorial gets approved, I'll be adding a link to it.

Edit: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=292547

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Last edited by Team Fail; December 5th, 2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old January 6th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Jacusiek
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
Is there a way to change some music files that exist in game in Pokemon White 2? I mean to change trainer's music (eg. Hiker) to Kanto Gym Leader music? If it is I would like to change some music:
Trainer named Hiker will have Kanto Gym Leader Music,
Youngster - Johto Gym Leader,
Worker - Hoenn Gym Leader,
Lass - Sinnoh Gym Leader and with champions:
Waiter (not Waitress) - Kanto Champion (Blue),
Dancer - Johto Champion (Lance),
Psychic (man) - Hoenn Champion
the last music: music which plays, when you fight the last, final battle in world tournament and that music for a Doctor.
Please, help me in doing it, just explain how to change music for Hiker, then for the others I will try allone to do it.

Thanks in advance.
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacusiek View Post
Is there a way to change some music files that exist in game in Pokemon White 2? I mean to change trainer's music (eg. Hiker) to Kanto Gym Leader music? If it is I would like to change some music:
Trainer named Hiker will have Kanto Gym Leader Music,
Youngster - Johto Gym Leader,
Worker - Hoenn Gym Leader,
Lass - Sinnoh Gym Leader and with champions:
Waiter (not Waitress) - Kanto Champion (Blue),
Dancer - Johto Champion (Lance),
Psychic (man) - Hoenn Champion
the last music: music which plays, when you fight the last, final battle in world tournament and that music for a Doctor.
Please, help me in doing it, just explain how to change music for Hiker, then for the others I will try allone to do it.

Thanks in advance.
Doing this would require you to edit and add to a table that is within the arm9, if memory serves.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old January 6th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Jacusiek
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Doing this would require you to edit and add to a table that is within the arm9, if memory serves.
Well, I don't know how to do it (if it is possible), so could You help?
Old January 6th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacusiek View Post
Well, I don't know how to do it (if it is possible), so could You help?
I wouldn't know where that table is, so I couldn't help. This is for editing the actual music, and nothing more.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old January 5th, 2014, 03:03 PM
AndresMDQ25

Hello, i've been trying since yesterday to insert a .sseq file i've made. The MIDI sounds perfect, so i converted it to .sseq and using Tinke i've replaced the bycicle theme sound. The problem is, when i listen to it ingame, it sounds in slow motion. If I extract again the .sseq file from the modified ROM, it sounds perfect. I've no idea what i'm doing wrong. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here