The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 31st, 2011, 05:16 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~

Advertise here
I seriously don't know how those two got together, he's all skinny and scrawny and shes all mega epic big momma.

Also, since were talking about the games. I wanna make a ship with Love and Peace (the "Goddesses"), they look really pwetty in the games, I hope they show up in the anime. Maybe Love x Peace or Love x N x Peace... Except, if they're all releated that would be weirdddd.....!~!!

Old January 31st, 2011, 07:39 AM
Frostik
Trainer

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
Except, if they're all releated that would be weirdddd.....!~!!
Blood relations, age, and species: things that have never stopped any 'shipper before.

I own an incomplete nightmare,
my Neverending Romance

When shall it end?
Old January 31st, 2011, 07:41 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostik View Post
Blood relations, age, and species: things that have never stopped any 'shipper before.
Yes I know that, but it would still be weird.

I got it! HippieShipping xD

Old February 2nd, 2011, 09:43 AM
Shedinjareese
Undercover Rocket

Quote:

Haha I love the name of that. And at first I was like, "Oh I wish I knew what they looked like," and then I saw your avatar.

Old February 2nd, 2011, 08:10 PM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Quote:

Oh so that was what who you where talking about; the one in your signature. They are pretty cute and Hippieshipping is adorable.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 08:17 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
....and we now have a wonderful new thread name. xD I should make a MysteryEggShipping banner in celebration.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old February 2nd, 2011, 08:32 PM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Lol I was wondering if this was still the Anime Shipping debate or not when I noticed the title. Why is it called "Ash's Egg, To: Ash, Flowers and Chocolate?"
Old February 2nd, 2011, 08:35 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Valentine's Day + MysteryEggShipping, I would think.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old February 3rd, 2011, 01:25 AM
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmartOne View Post
....and we now have a wonderful new thread name. xD I should make a MysteryEggShipping banner in celebration.
Leave that honour to the mastermind of MysteryEggShipping. =D
Or how about having a MysteryEggShipping banner making contest? 8D
Old February 3rd, 2011, 03:41 AM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

That would be quiet interesting to have a banner contest.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 04:47 AM
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
The winning entry would make it to the first post of this thread! I highly doubt whether we'll receive enough entries though. -.-
Old February 3rd, 2011, 09:25 AM
Iris.
The Hearts of Dragons

I would totally join! :3

It probably won't be perfect, but if I get my computer back (the one with photoshop) before the deadline, It should look great.

I'm sure I can get some more people to join.

Can we make it offical?

Old February 3rd, 2011, 10:00 AM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

A banner making contest?...

... Meh, it's not something I'll likely participate in, but I can host that over at Art Gallery. I'll talk to gav and/or Shivs.

Quote:
The winning entry would make it to the first post of this thread!
Dream on.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 10:37 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Do you really need to ask them? It's your thread? Unless you want to make a new thread for it, that would be a good idea.

Anyway, yeah like the no.1 iris fan evar "Iris" said. I'll hopefully join.

Old February 3rd, 2011, 10:46 AM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

I was gonna do it for the hell of it, but I'd join a contest.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old February 3rd, 2011, 10:59 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Yeah, it sounds great.

Anyway, back on topic a little.

How about a real debate here now? I don't think we've had one since Commanderpigg was here, but that wasn't very serious - we need a real serious debate. >:3

Old February 3rd, 2011, 11:00 AM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

We need a real debate, but the only debates I've seen is between you and me over VM.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old February 3rd, 2011, 11:14 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Yeah, they are really fun.

Okay, well we need a topic then...

Anyone got any ideas?

Old February 3rd, 2011, 03:12 PM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Oh yeah some of Commanderpigg debates where good. I don't think I got anything at the top of my head at this moment.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 04:18 PM
Gumball Watterson
Community Supporter

Hmm... right, the true concept of debating has sort of faded away these days. Everybody's so... mature. Compared to far back when immature people always had the impulse to pick a fight. Nobody does that anymore. And proper debates are also hard because they're based on hints and possible intentions of the writers. But by now most of us have the writers mapped to the point where it's apparent they're extremely hesitant to insert anymore of these 'hints'. But I do feel there were a few instances before for the purpose of "Ship-teasing".

And I still remember that's the thing that always got us heated up over our cases: The hints. I still remember how heated people were during the Advanceshipping vs Pokeshipping era, well before Dawn came into the picture. Where are our hints? Where are our cases? And now the replacement of the main girl has become routine.

And the reason the secondary ships also only seemed to be discussed for fun and for general topicness is because there aren't any real hints to form the heat that we all used to spout back in the old internet.

That's... why I've been wanting a dedicated sub-forum for a while now. Because the shipping community is leaning more towards unity than war. Overall because the internet is more civilized and educated now. I'm not saying there aren't anymore crap 4chan ripoffs, but that's a whole other civilization.

I'll even go against my own ship for a bit: Negaishipping. Can you find more than 10 definite hints in all the previous episodes without looking like an idiot nitpicking at every detail like Iris was a centimeter closer to Ash than average?
Old February 3rd, 2011, 05:21 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

I completely agree with that. The concept that people on the internet have matured... I've been looking through the old shipping debates thread and just reading the little confrontations and crazy **** that went down and AK47's noob posts and thinking "Wow, that stuff never happens anymore." That reason is also why my Nightclub in OT failed... it's because no-one really lets loose anymore.

I can attest to the lack of hints, too. CaféMochaShipping... one of ours is that Pikachu didn't shock Dent upon meeting him. Another is that Pikachu sits on Dent's shoulder rather than standing on the sidelines in BW016. Not quite as fun as the hints that used to be thrown in.

Have you brought this up with anyone as a reason for a Shipping sub-forum?

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old February 3rd, 2011, 05:47 PM
Gumball Watterson
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmartOne View Post

Have you brought this up with anyone as a reason for a Shipping sub-forum?
Not really. I didn't think it be much too apparent since few of the H-staff actually watches Pokemon.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 06:07 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Regardless of if they watch Pokémon or not, it is a convincing argument for the implementation of a sub-forum. The least they could do is listen.

Edit: I got bored.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection

Last edited by Anna; February 3rd, 2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 07:58 PM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
What are you guys talking about?? Maturity on the internet? Are you sure you've all looked at the right sites? I still see tons of idiocy and ignorance on the internet. Misinformed bunch of imbeciles. Nothing has changed, just that more and more people, including the ones with very very little IQ, have managed to get ahold of devices connected to the internet so they can spew their nonsense for other sheep to hear. I see it everyday. Perhaps not on this Pokemon fansite do we see crazy debates anymore, but I know others like Bulbagarden they're still ready to chop each others' heads off.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 08:18 PM
Frostik
Trainer

I gotta agree. There's not a lot of unity among shippers anywhere, let alone in this fandom. It's still Ash/girls vs themselves vs the world. Pokeshippers today generally chew up any 'ship that includes Ash or Misty in it, Advanceshippers still deny Contestshipping as plausible (if not where the writers were headed), Pearlshippers get bummed out about Penguinshipping, and Negai/Wishful/CafeMocha haven't had a real chance get to get in the brawl.

*this is also most, not all; there are always exceptions to any situation* The reason you don't got a lot of bickering here is probably the lack of a sub-forum. All the more reason to not have one.

If you 'ship ghei, or Pikashipping, you're more or less reconciled to it not happening (though denial in jest happens enough). If you 'ship crack, same thing. If you 'ship Rocketshipping...all you gotta worry about are the faction you aren't a part of (rare as I've seen them), because KoKo and Tatu aren't exactly rival 'ships. If you were Ash/any other one-sided girl!crush, you don't pose as much a threat as to the traveling companions.

Maturity with a grain of salt, honestly. There's little maturity to be found among the younger generation, which is what this is, as I'd wager most you see today are under 20.

I own an incomplete nightmare,
my Neverending Romance

When shall it end?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here