Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime
Reload this Page The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Closed Thread

Old February 17th, 2011 (06:19 PM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
I don't mind Ferriswheelshipping. I'm thinking about making a Wishfulshipping group but I don't know if I'll keep the group up *As in come up with good topics for it*
Old February 17th, 2011 (06:40 PM).
Dento used bishie sparkles!

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by AshPikastar:
-makes this thread active again-

So the new Pokemon episode came out and it looks like we might be seeing Cabernet again so we got two new couples; Cabernet x Ash and Cabernet x Dento.
Wait, wait, wait! I want to add some constructive input! well, as constructive as a crazed shipper can get

This episode was laden with ships. Omg, I was just expecting Dento x Cabernet, but to my surprise, Cabernet x Ash is looking pretty bright now, not to mention the Cafemochashipping (but that's always a given )

(plot spoilers ahead!!)
Spoiler:

Dento x Cabernet - Her back story with Dento is so cute! She became a sommelier just because she wanted revenge on him for beating her in a gym battle (using his tasting skills, of course). And throughout the whole episode, she acted so freaking tsundere toward him. That last scene was gold, Dento was praising her because of how much potential she had, but Cabernet wasn't going to take that ****...when she yelled back with the generic "IMMA BEAT YO' ASS" comment, Dento shook it off like it was nothing, and she blushed <3

Cabernet x Ash - Kinda unexpected! I loved the scene where Cabernet was doing the creepy "come into my stall" gesture with her fingers. And later, when she grabbed Ash's arms, I squeaked just a little (she's so forceful!) Very interesting that some people noted that she might be Ash's rival too, since she's also going for the league (she already has the Striaton badge). Can't wait to see more from these two!

Dento x Ash - Definitely. I knew Dento would get on the defensive with Ash...he was pretty much saying that Cabernet's tastings were all wrong of Ash's pokemon (from experience, and his own tasting skills). Ash responded to this with a sincere "Dento..." And it was really cute how much confidence and awe Ash had toward Dento. When Dento won the battle, he said "I knew you were strong!"

I think that astetically, Ferriswheel shipping looks cute...but I much prefer Black x N *high fives thesmartone* The dialogue for the ferris wheel scene doesn't change for your gender, I don't think...the hints are there for both sides. And I ship White with...no one, actually XD Except maybe Bel...

Deviantart ~ It's Tasting Time! ~ Youtube
Old February 17th, 2011 (06:48 PM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by CommanderPigg:

(plot spoilers ahead!!)
Spoiler:

Dento x Cabernet - Her back story with Dento is so cute! She became a sommelier just because she wanted revenge on him for beating her in a gym battle (using his tasting skills, of course). And throughout the whole episode, she acted so freaking tsundere toward him. That last scene was gold, Dento was praising her because of how much potential she had, but Cabernet wasn't going to take that ****...when she yelled back with the generic "IMMA BEAT YO' ASS" comment, Dento shook it off like it was nothing, and she blushed <3
Oh yeah I thought Dento x Carbernet was actually pretty cute but I'll always stick to my Wishfulshipping. I think there was a small hint of Wishfulshipping moments in that episode. I think Iris was shocked to see how Dento was acting during that battle and was a bit worried. That got me to think of a Wishfulshipping moment.

Spoiler:
I also thought it was kinda funny in the part when Cabernet spotted Dento with Ash and Iris. She was all like "It's you!" Dento "Um do I know you; oh wait your Cabernet aren't you?". She reacted like all WTF I found you and Dento was all calm.
Old February 17th, 2011 (07:25 PM).
♥ maraala ♥

Nature: Bold
Dento x Ash - Definitely. I knew Dento would get on the defensive with Ash...he was pretty much saying that Cabernet's tastings were all wrong of Ash's pokemon (from experience, and his own tasting skills). Ash responded to this with a sincere "Dento..." And it was really cute how much confidence and awe Ash had toward Dento. When Dento won the battle, he said "I knew you were strong!"[/spoiler]
Those scenes were absolutely adorable <3 <3 <3 I was waiting from the second Dent appeared in Cabernet's stall for him to calmly come to Ash's defense. <3 <3 <3 I didn't at all expect Ash to respond with an admiration-laden "Dento...", and that made me squee. <3 <3 <3

I think that astetically, Ferriswheel shipping looks cute...but I much prefer Black x N *high fives thesmartone* The dialogue for the ferris wheel scene doesn't change for your gender, I don't think...the hints are there for both sides. And I ship White with...no one, actually XD Except maybe Bel...
*high-fives back*
Dwebble - #184
pairs - ama - gravity falls fc - minecraft
Old February 17th, 2011 (08:39 PM).
LuffyxHancock Shipper

Spoiler:
I kind of liked AshxCarbenet I hope she returns but battles Ash next again and becomes Ash's rival.

I loved the AshxDento's scene, wow I mean Ash was in awe

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old February 18th, 2011 (12:15 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I haven't had the time to watch the episode properly yet. (I'll be doing so after school) But i've seen quite a few pictures and Cabernet x Dento looks soooo mega cute. :3

I might do a lil shipping review after I watch it. :D

Old February 18th, 2011 (10:04 PM).
I like your bedsheets

Nature: Naughty
0o.
It's been a while since I've posted.
Dunno if it counts as spam, but what's up?

Credits to HackMew for the avatar and siggy.

Old February 19th, 2011 (08:52 AM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Mew~:
I haven't had the time to watch the episode properly yet. (I'll be doing so after school) But i've seen quite a few pictures and Cabernet x Dento looks soooo mega cute. :3

I might do a lil shipping review after I watch it. :D
Have fun with the review shipping since there is quiet a lot of shipping moments in there and there is already pictures of Carbernet x Dento?

Quote originally posted by missingnoresearcher:
0o.
It's been a while since I've posted.
Dunno if it counts as spam, but what's up?
A little bit but also I guess WB.
Old February 20th, 2011 (12:31 PM).
What do I put here?
Gold Tier

"Cool" sounds more like she's trying to let him down lightly, than give him random false hope like she did in the dub.

I completely do not waste my time on the internet looking at these things:

Quote originally posted by AdvancedK47:
Yes, your input is not constructive at all.

Oh, and I have just added a new ship to my list. Take a wild guess before clicking:

Spoiler:
FerrisWheelShipping

I figured I'm already a hardcore fanboy of a girl who's probably ten, and that's pretty paedo. So I thought: "Why not ship something paedo?" Yes, this means I thought Dawn x Cyrus was a Paedo of its own league.
So, how old do you think N is? I'm guessing around 20. For some reason when I first saw him I was thinking around just a bit older than the protagonists o_O Definitely not...
Old February 20th, 2011 (12:37 PM).
The Lonely Physicist
Crystal Tier

Nature: Serious
Good news, I'mma stop following the Japanese anime for a while to keep my entertainment in the dub later... if that's much of some good news, anyways.

Quote:
So, how old do you think N is? I'm guessing around 20. For some reason when I first saw him I was thinking around just a bit older than the protagonists o_O Definitely not...
Doesn't look like N is much older than the protagonists.

Quote:
Last time I checked, you waste your life looking at these things >__>

Theory. Code. Anime.

Haunter 1 : Serena's Dignity 0
Old February 20th, 2011 (12:45 PM).
What do I put here?
Gold Tier

Good news, I'mma stop following the Japanese anime for a while to keep my entertainment in the dub later... if that's much of some good news, anyways.
I'm thinking of doing the same, actually. It's so close I don't feel like keeping ahead.

Quote:
Doesn't look like N is much older than the protagonists.
Sooo, the leader of a national group is like 15? o.O You said in your last post that Ferrishwheel shipping was a paedo ship, though T.T Well, I suppose the people who save the world in these games are children...but N looks like a man T.T A very manly man. Or old teen. I think a man.

Quote:
I actually took a long break from it, this is the first time I've looked for fanart in ages XD
Old February 20th, 2011 (12:49 PM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Jorah:
Who doesn't waste their time on the internet looking up some stuff?

Quote:
Spoiler:
Oh wow that's actually funny. He still gets punched in the face.

Quote:
So, how old do you think N is? I'm guessing around 20. For some reason when I first saw him I was thinking around just a bit older than the protagonists Definitely not...
I would imagine him being maybe two years older then Brock. I think Brock is around 16 so N might be at least 18.

What got you to stop watching the Jap? -The Dub isn't that bad but I'm still sticking with both-
Old February 20th, 2011 (02:29 PM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
That comic of N and Black is from Black's adventures right? (I havent really been keeping up lately)

Quote originally posted by Jorah:
So, how old do you think N is? I'm guessing around 20. For some reason when I first saw him I was thinking around just a bit older than the protagonists Definitely not...
Like AK47 said, not much older than the main characters, my best guess is around 16-18 years old.

What got you to stop watching the Jap? -The Dub isn't that bad but I'm still sticking with both-

I'll be following both, I like comparing.

Review coming soon - i'm just way too lazy.

Old February 20th, 2011 (08:11 PM).
The Runway Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Whether it was false hope or not, it still proves that Kenny didn't seem to be worthy of attention.

Spoiler:
So who's N and who's Black in this relationship?

I was about to say the same thing.
Old February 26th, 2011 (09:21 PM).
The Lonely Physicist
Crystal Tier

Nature: Serious
Agh, time for me to kick this damn thread with a few words.

Usually, the main shipping is the popular one of the trio ships right? ^__^ Pokeshipping was more popular than Gymshipping, AdvanceShipping was more popular than Jailbaitshipping, and Pearlshipping was more popular than LightRockShipping.

Why is NegaiShipping getting booted by WishfulShipping AND CafeMochaShipping... >__>

This world makes no sense anymore.

...hehehe, But I sure hope to see you guys squirming and whining once the movies come out ^__^

Theory. Code. Anime.

Haunter 1 : Serena's Dignity 0
Old February 26th, 2011 (09:24 PM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

I see were your going here. Probably because of the fact that Negaishipping didn't have that many hints yet like the other two shippings? So far I've seen most hints from Wishful and CafeMocha. I'm also searching for some Negaishipping too. Glad this thread came back to life.

I hope the movie has a lot of Wishfulshipping moments. We need more of those!
Old February 26th, 2011 (09:29 PM).
♥ maraala ♥

Pokemon is really getting some major changes this season, isn't it? ^_^

The movies will be CafeMocha-filled, just you wait~
Dwebble - #184
Old February 26th, 2011 (10:22 PM).

*pops back in randomly*

Quote originally posted by RubyJB88:
Whether it was false hope or not, it still proves that Kenny didn't seem to be worthy of attention.
What? Noo...Kenny...Kenny just needs another chance is all! No, actually, he's a hopeless case...resorting to BROCK of all people for love advice I wonder how Kenny fell for Dawn in the first place? The flashbacks of their childhood doesn't seem to indicate anything. General puberty?

Agh, time for me to kick this damn thread with a few words.
*streeeetch* Sorry for the inactivity ;_; BTW, the computer I have with Photoshop and the banner cannot turn on, so I have to get that fixed first :<
Quote:
Usually, the main shipping is the popular one of the trio ships right? ^__^ Pokeshipping was more popular than Gymshipping, AdvanceShipping was more popular than Jailbaitshipping, and Pearlshipping was more popular than LightRockShipping.

Why is NegaiShipping getting booted by WishfulShipping AND CafeMochaShipping... >__>

This world makes no sense anymore.
Aw, there, there *pat* I know what you mean, I was wondering the exact same thing...But if you've noticed, the secondary pairings of the group has always been with Brock. Although he's a lovable character, he's a bit harder to ship with the main cast for some reason. Perhaps because he's more of a mother/big bro figure to them than anything else.

Now, my next statement is a bit more controversial and subjective, but I mean no offense by it.

The strength in Dento's character and the weakness in Iris's could be a contributing factor in Cafemocha's and Wishful's popularity. Why do I say this?

Iris, in terms of character, has not been explored as much as Dento has. Dento's been shown to be a variety of different things (especially since BW19). He's kind, polite, and helpful on one hand; teasing, arrogant, and competitive on the other. He's already captured a pokemon, he's formally battled at least twice on the show, and his goal has been expanded on and he's damn pretty AND voiced by Mamorou-sama.

Iris on the other hand, is slightly less active in the plots. Don't get me wrong, I love the girl. But she has to do something other than call Ash a kid and make unhelpful side comments for me to like her as much as Dento. Once the writers develop Iris's story more and make her more proactive in the story line, I'm sure Negaishipping will skyrocket. Because as of now, both wishful and cafemocha are kept alive because of Dento's exuberance (Yes, even Ash is dependent of a well developed partner ).

I'll be honest. I really REALLY liked the negai scenes in the beginning of the series: Iris falling asleep in the tree, rescuing Ash from the boiling water, her teasing him all the time; it was all very cute.

Quote:
...hehehe, But I sure hope to see you guys squirming and whining once the movies come out ^__^
Haha, if history hints at anything, there should be quite a few main girl x Ash hints there but cafemocha will conquer all!

Old February 26th, 2011 (10:40 PM).
♥ maraala ♥

I know what you mean, I was wondering the exact same thing...But if you've noticed, the secondary pairings of the group has always been with Brock. Although he's a lovable character, he's a bit harder to ship with the main cast for some reason. Perhaps because he's more of a mother/big bro figure to them than anything else.
This is... super true.

Now, my next statement is a bit more controversial and subjective, but I mean no offense by it.

The strength in Dento's character and the weakness in Iris's could be a contributing factor in Cafemocha's and Wishful's popularity. Why do I say this?

Iris, in terms of character, has not been explored as much as Dento has. Dento's been shown to be a variety of different things (especially since BW19). He's kind, polite, and helpful on one hand; teasing, arrogant, and competitive on the other. He's already captured a pokemon, he's formally battled at least twice on the show, and his goal has been expanded on and he's damn pretty AND voiced by Mamorou-sama.
Which makes him so much more lovable. <3

Iris on the other hand, is slightly less active in the plots. Don't get me wrong, I love the girl. But she has to do something other than call Ash a kid and make unhelpful side comments for me to like her as much as Dento. Once the writers develop Iris's story more and make her more proactive in the story line, I'm sure Negaishipping will skyrocket. Because as of now, both wishful and cafemocha are kept alive because of Dento's exuberance (Yes, even Ash is dependent of a well developed partner :P).
but cafemocha will conquer all!
Everything you say is so true and I can't do anything but agree. ;; /really does want to actually contribute
Dwebble - #184
Old February 26th, 2011 (10:50 PM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

*pops back in randomly*

What? Noo...Kenny...Kenny just needs another chance is all! No, actually, he's a hopeless case...resorting to BROCK of all people for love advice I wonder how Kenny fell for Dawn in the first place? The flashbacks of their childhood doesn't seem to indicate anything. General puberty?
Kenny probably started liking her because of them being childhood friends. Most childhood friends start liking each other as a couple. -happened to me before in RL-

Quote:

This is true actually. We were talking about this in the Dento club. Dento has more personality then Iris does which you have explained. He caught a Pokemon that listens to him while Iris has a Pokemon that doesn't.

Quote:
Iris on the other hand, is slightly less active in the plots. Don't get me wrong, I love the girl. But she has to do something other than call Ash a kid and make unhelpful side comments for me to like her as much as Dento. Once the writers develop Iris's story more and make her more proactive in the story line, I'm sure Negaishipping will skyrocket. Because as of now, both wishful and cafemocha are kept alive because of Dento's exuberance (Yes, even Ash is dependent of a well developed partner ).
Also true as well. We don't know much about Iris past but hopefully we will soon in the next few episode. I actually do want to know more about Iris. I like Iris too But I like Dento so much better. Since we are learning more about Dento's and Iris personality; I can see more of Wishfulshipping and also for Cafemocha. -high fives Commanderpigg-

Quote:
I'll be honest. I really REALLY liked the negai scenes in the beginning of the series: Iris falling asleep in the tree, rescuing Ash from the boiling water, her teasing him all the time; it was all very cute.
Same here to be honest. Before Dento came along I actually liked Negaishipping.

Quote:
Haha, if history hints at anything, there should be quite a few main girl x Ash hints there but cafemocha will conquer all!
Wishfulshipping shall take over the world movie...hopefully there'll be more hints there.
Old February 26th, 2011 (11:20 PM).

Quote originally posted by TheSmartOne:

Everything you say is so true and I can't do anything but agree. ;; /really does want to actually contribute
Aw...but you are contributing! I encourage people to challenge my ideas, it's okay (You can do what my sister does and take an opposite stance from me just for the sake of arguing, even though she doesn't believe it herself...but that can get tiresome XDDD)

Kenny probably started liking her because of them being childhood friends. Most childhood friends start liking each other as a couple. -happened to me before in RL-
I have a soft spot in my heart for childhood friend pairings awww, that's so cute! I do find one problem with them though...if the relationship goes wrong, it jeopardizes not only the status of the couple, but the status of the friendship as well. Which is why I always keep friendship crushes...one sided ;_;

I suppose it's why I'm also reluctant to ship them in anime as well.

Hm...this has got me thinking...are there any real life experiences you've had (or experiences on the internet with something unrelated) that has affected your shipping preferences? Just out of curiosity

Quote:
This is true actually. We were talking about this in the Dento club. Dento has more personality then Iris does which you have explained. He caught a Pokemon that listens to him while Iris has a Pokemon that doesn't.
I should probably join the Dento and cafemocha club while I'm here ;
Okay, the thing is...I think that the fact that Iris has a lot of complications she needs to overcome is a very GOOD thing; it leaves room for a lot of character development. She has to struggle with not only a baby pokemon that's having problems learning simple moves, but another that doesn't respect her in the least. And usually, this leads to bonding episodes and training episodes...only, Iris has't gotten that chance yet. The show has been predominantly focused on Ash and Dento :/

Quote:
Also true as well. We don't know much about Iris past but hopefully we will soon in the next few episode. I actually do want to know more about Iris. I like Iris too But I like Dento so much better. Since we are learning more about Dento's and Iris personality; I can see more of Wishfulshipping and also for Cafemocha. -high fives Commanderpigg-
Iris has so much potential, so let's keep our fingers crossed *high fives back*

Old February 26th, 2011 (11:32 PM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

I have a soft spot in my heart for childhood friend pairings awww, that's so cute! I do find one problem with them though...if the relationship goes wrong, it jeopardizes not only the status of the couple, but the status of the friendship as well. Which is why I always keep friendship crushes...one sided ;_;
Yeah that can sometimes be a bad thing too .-.

Quote:
Hm...this has got me thinking...are there any real life experiences you've had (or experiences on the internet with something unrelated) that has affected your shipping preferences? Just out of curiosity
Hmmm I think so. I had one person that I actually liked -who supposedly something happened when I was little and that got me to like him-. We didn't go into a huge relationship though so we stayed close friends. Then there are a bunch of people in high school that has a crush on me so I guess that got me to get into the s hipping preference.(I hopped I answered the question right)

Quote:
I should probably join the Dento and cafemocha club while I'm here ;
Don't forget about the Wishfulshipping club that's waiting for an approval. ^.^

Quote:
Okay, the thing is...I think that the fact that Iris has a lot of complications she needs to overcome is a very GOOD thing; it leaves room for a lot of character development. She has to struggle with not only a baby pokemon that's having problems learning simple moves, but another that doesn't respect her in the least. And usually, this leads to bonding episodes and training episodes...only, Iris has't gotten that chance yet. The show has been predominantly focused on Ash and Dento :/
I'll have to agree with that. Sometimes I wonder how she got her second Pokemon or could that have been her first one? I hope Dento starts to help her gain respect for her other Pokemon. That'll be so cute! Wishfulshipping shall take over Pokemon >.>.

Quote:
Iris has so much potential, so let's keep our fingers crossed *high fives back*
Iris has a lot of people going after her huh? Ash, Dento, Shooti.....who's next; N?
Old February 26th, 2011 (11:55 PM).

Yeah that can sometimes be a bad thing too .-.
Oh boy, isn't that the truth? o_o'

Quote:
Hmmm I think so. I had one person that I actually liked -who supposedly something happened when I was little and that got me to like him-. We didn't go into a huge relationship though so we stayed close friends. Then there are a bunch of people in high school that has a crush on me so I guess that got me to get into the s hipping preference.(I hopped I answered the question right)
I suppose I should have been more clrear (though your answer is acceptable, don't worry). What I meant to say was, was there anything that influenced they types of shippings you ship or the way you shipped them?

For instance, all my life, I've noticed that most of my "crushes" had been my rival in one way or another...I find the antagonistic back and forth between our interactions to be challenging and fun...So, as a result, I tended to ship a LOT of rival shippings D:

Also, since I usually keep my loves unrequited, I tend to not want pairings to become canon

Quote:
Don't forget about the Wishfulshipping club that's waiting for an approval. ^.^

Hehe, I'll consider

Quote:
I'll have to agree with that. Sometimes I wonder how she got her second Pokemon or could that have been her first one? I hope Dento starts to help her gain respect for her other Pokemon. That'll be so cute! Wishfulshipping shall take over Pokemon >.>.
I would love to think that Iris has had battle experience before and has pokemon in storage. She is the gym leader in White, so I hope they somewhat keep that in the anime.
While it would be cute for Dento to help Iris out with her pokemon (which I'm sure he will), I'm going to guess that Ash will be doing some of the coaching. Iris will of course be reluctant to be taking advice from a "kid," but that kind of tsundere attitude is what makes it so adorable /trying to be fair to both ships

Quote:
Iris has a lot of people going after her huh? Ash, Dento, Shooti.....who's next; N?
don't forget Paul Haha, I think that Dento is more of the fandom bicycle this season, but yeah...Shooti needs to show up soon. I was SO ready to ship him with Ash, but limited interaction is making it hard =_=

Old February 27th, 2011 (12:08 AM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

Oh boy, isn't that the truth? o_o'
Yeah I think sometimes when it comes to childhood friends wanting to become couples can go wrong at times. I mean Kenny and Dawn where childhood friends but Dawn didn't like Kenny the way Kenny liked her and I do see this happen sometimes in RL however; Kenny is still friends with Dawn which is good but in RL situations; sometimes friendship can be broken a bit as well.

Quote:
I suppose I should have been more clrear (though your answer is acceptable, don't worry). What I meant to say was, was there anything that influenced they types of shippings you ship or the way you shipped them?

For instance, all my life, I've noticed that most of my "crushes" had been my rival in one way or another...I find the antagonistic back and forth between our interactions to be challenging and fun...So, as a result, I tended to ship a LOT of rival shippings D

Also, since I usually keep my loves unrequited, I tend to not want pairings to become canon :
Oh I see what your going now. ' -blames my tiredness but I don't want to go to bed. Hmmm I don't have that many rivals to be honest. I usually just go with the couples that have a good personality together and I think that's the same way with me in Real Life. Small hints or something that gets you thinking that they are a good couple is a bit the same way in RL. I do compare with the other shippings with that one character. The one I think that fits the most is what I go with like Twinleafshipping, I liked Dawn better with Barry since they seemed to be so cute together and also had a lot of good moments, barely got into any fights at all compared to Ikarishipping and Pearlshipping. I guess that ties into the way I am when it comes to couples; the ones I hang out the most, not argue or just seem to like the same things that I like(Or is really funny).

-Wah that is a long post there-

Quote:
Hehe, I'll consider
Woot; is a happy camper!

Quote:
I would love to think that Iris has had battle experience before and has pokemon in storage. She is the gym leader in White, so I hope they somewhat keep that in the anime.
I thought so too. When I was watching Iris train with Dento; I was thinking she would have more battle experience but when I watched it; I noticed that she somewhat didn't. Then again the Anime doesn't go with the game much.

Quote:
While it would be cute for Dento to help Iris out with her pokemon (which I'm sure he will), I'm going to guess that Ash will be doing some of the coaching. Iris will of course be reluctant to be taking advice from a "kid," but that kind of tsundere attitude is what makes it so adorable /trying to be fair to both ships
Iris at first started training with Dento until Ash got a baby Pokemon so that makes things much easier for Kibago/Axew to train(You are lucky Ash!) Her calling Ash a kid is cute. I want to see the English version of her training with Dento just so that I can understand what Iris was saying when she was yelling at Ash.

Quote:
don't forget Paul Haha, I think that Dento is more of the fandom bicycle this season, but yeah...Shooti needs to show up soon. I was SO ready to ship him with Ash, but limited interaction is making it hard =_=
Paul was in the anime a lot in DP. Shooti only appeared in 2 episodes. Hopefully we'll see more of him later on although Paul was in a lof of episodes in the beginning of the show(If I could remember correctly). Looks like Dento is going to have a competition with Shooti now.
Old February 27th, 2011 (03:45 AM). Edited February 27th, 2011 by Jorah.
What do I put here?
Gold Tier

I think the whole Iris calling Ash a kid thing is just to eventually make Ash look better by the end of the series when Iris realises "he's not just a kid" or something. Oh, and also "an interesting new character dynamic". Hmm. If it were any anime other than Pokemon, I would agree with you, though...I'm surprised AK47 hasn't mentioned that scene where Iris was staring at Ash for a while in the latest BW dub episode, though. I think when he was looking after Tepig or something, I can't remember D8

From one of the previous conversations: I don't like the childhood friends becoming boyfriend and girlfriend sort of thing. It's just such a cliche in animes I get sick of seeing it and feel like rolling my eyes. But it failed in Pokemon, so...good?

Icky, Iris is too immature for N, I can't imagine it really. D:
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links