Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime
Reload this Page The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Closed Thread

Old February 27th, 2011 (10:02 AM). Edited February 27th, 2011 by Mew~.
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote originally posted by Jorah:
Icky, Iris is too immature for N, I can't imagine it really. D:
I just think he would critisise her for keeping a Kibago in her hair, bad parenting training(?). Seeing as he doesn't like how Trainers capture pokémon and force them to battle etc...

I think the whole Iris calling Ash a kid thing is just to eventually make Ash look better by the end of the series when Iris realises "he's not just a kid" or something. Oh, and also "an interesting new character dynamic". Hmm. If it were any anime other than Pokemon, I would agree with you, though...I'm surprised AK47 hasn't mentioned that scene where Iris was staring at Ash for a while in the latest BW dub episode, though. I think when he was looking after Tepig or something, I can't remember D8

Honestly "¬.¬, the only reason shes calling him a kid is because he's acting like one. xD I'm pretty sure during episode 4 she stopped saying it after she saw how he looked after Tepig, even if she still does - she knows how caring he can be, and how good a trainer he is. (I just lol'd at my own sentence)

Quote:

In general Cilian seems to have a great deal of faith in Ash, as seen quite few times now. Iris, on the other hand, just likes being difficult. I don't honestly expect her to ever stop calling Ash a kid. That's just her gimmik, like Dawn's "Daijoubuu", and May's "komo" after alot of thing in the Japanese version.
Well honestly I don't think so, if it is then it's just crap - it's just her personality. I'm sure everyone Ash has met at first as sort of criticised him on acting childish. Including most of the leading girls. Misty always did it, Dawn always broke into Arguments with him ("The champ twins" is a good example) and also all his rivals. May sort of always looked for Ash for advise, he seemed to act the most cleverest/wiser in AG.

Old February 27th, 2011 (11:01 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by ZeroX5:
Other than that I don't recall them arguing that much.
I'm sure Dawn argued with him ALL the time, including a favourite of mine; "The Champ Twins"

There also was an episode I can't remember, but she went all out on him. xD Poor ash.

Still, loads of people thought he was a kid. Even though he may have been 10, one could argue that it is a mature Age in the anime, mature enough to travel the country alone at least...

Also - about the rash thing, didn't characters thing he was childish because he acted Rashly?

Old February 27th, 2011 (11:53 AM).

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by Mew~:

I'm sure Dawn argued with him ALL the time, including a favourite of mine; "The Champ Twins"

There also was an episode I can't remember, but she went all out on him. xD Poor ash.
Two episodes doesn't equal "all the time". Dawn didn't argue with Ash so much that it stuck out. I barely remember a time when she did, beyond the Champ Twin episode.

...The Champ Twins episode was the DP equivalent of that one AG episode, anyway. Meant to reinforce the friendship aspect by making them argue, since whoa-ho, they're both double-battle episodes that require cooperation. Otherwise, they're toss-outs, if it's simply meant to be a recycled plot for the sake of showing off how well Ash+girl get along.

I own an incomplete nightmare,
my Neverending Romance

When shall it end?
Old February 27th, 2011 (12:04 PM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Well I was setting those two episodes as examples, there were much more.

Even, so - that provides a bigger point for my arguement for Iris.

Old February 27th, 2011 (12:42 PM). Edited February 27th, 2011 by Jorah.
What do I put here?
Gold Tier

I'm sure Lyra was hinting Dawn at liking Ash, and it was implied Lyra and Khourey liked each other. *looks at Lyra's anime page* Wow, someone's went a little over the top with the Ash/Lyra shipping hints there...o_O Have I really remembered this wrong? http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lyra_(anime) I remember Lyra making hints that Dawn liked Ash, not that Lyra was interested in Ash so asked Dawn about him.

Well, we saw how she acted when he won the first gym battle with Cilan. She silently commented it was awesome or something while saying his name. Then when he asked her about it, she chastised him a bit. That of course angered him before Cilan broke it up.
Oh, so Iris doesn't think that Ash acts like a child after his first gym battle? So she really isn't doing anything after the first few episodes? *hasn't watched subs*
Old February 27th, 2011 (02:23 PM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Wow I missed a lot. I'll try to catch up soon.

I'm sure Lyra was hinting Dawn at liking Ash, and it was implied Lyra and Khourey liked each other. *looks at Lyra's anime page* Wow, someone's went a little over the top with the Ash/Lyra shipping hints there... Have I really remembered this wrong? http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lyra_(anime) I remember Lyra making hints that Dawn liked Ash, not that Lyra was interested in Ash so asked Dawn about him.
Oh yeah I remember that episode. She rejected him pretty quickly once Lyra hinted the relationship between these to.

Well honestly I don't think so, if it is then it's just crap - it's just her personality. I'm sure everyone Ash has met at first as sort of criticised him on acting childish. Including most of the leading girls. Misty always did it, Dawn always broke into Arguments with him ("The champ twins" is a good example) and also all his rivals. May sort of always looked for Ash for advise, he seemed to act the most cleverest/wiser in AG.
Ash is childish in every episode. Misty, May, and Dawn mentioned it at least once or a couple of times in the show so Iris isn't the only one that does it.
Old February 27th, 2011 (02:54 PM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

I think Lyra actually liked Ash and was a little bit jealous on how she travels with them but then again that's my eyes.
Old February 27th, 2011 (08:35 PM).
The Runway Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Dawn always broke into Arguments with him ("The champ twins" is a good example) and also all his rivals. May sort of always looked for Ash for advise, he seemed to act the most cleverest/wiser in AG.

Still, loads of people thought he was a kid. Even though he may have been 10, one could argue that it is a mature Age in the anime, mature enough to travel the country alone at least...
Dawn rarely argued with Ash, it was just that one episode that made it a huge deal. I don't know if the "Dawn and Ash helping Pachirisu while Brock is sick" counted as another argument. The same happened with May. That "student-teacher relationship" lasted for only a few episodes in the beginning. Misty and Ash had the most arguments.

Well this point is moot because in the games you do travel alone in the world at 10 years old.

But I suppose people like Paul, and Misty were 10 as well...but their behavior was certantily more mature. Paul being 10 is still weird.

The only other time I really remember them arguing was in the Gible episode with Lyra and Khoury. Where Ash ran ahead of Dawn, and Khoury...falling into a trap shortly after. Dawn got mad at him, and they argued about his rashness. I can't think of anything other than that.

I can only assume Lyra was so adamant about pairing Dawn with Khoury because she liked Ash. *shrug*

She was going on alot about Ash good points. When she was babbling on about marriage, and said "Ash, was really good" or something. To which Dawn responded "Really?". She later attempted it with Ash in the next episode when she asked him if he thought "Dawn, was the best in the room.". He agreed, thinking she was talking about Coordinators, when she was talking about appearance. It went over Dawn's head as well.
But for them to act that way but still be 10? It doesn't add up. How many 10 year olds we know act like Misty and Paul? That's what bugs me with the ages in this anime. Oh, and welcome to the thread!

Yes that was another one. But that was it. We never got so much with May either.

All I can say is, Lyra was well "developed" for her age to know things like that, even if she's the same age as Dawn and the other girls Ash travels with. o_O And she was pretty bold saying that stuff up front!

Sorry, when was this?

I remember Lyra making hints that Dawn liked Ash, not that Lyra was interested in Ash so asked Dawn about him.
Lyra began to admire Ash until she saw him and Dawn bicker over something. It was then when she asked Dawn about Ash. And it was the double-battle where Lyra developed feelings for Khoury. Like I said, Lyra was "ahead of the game" so to speak than anyone else, assuming they're all 10 years old.

Can't help but feel that they made Lyra a little "dirty" in the anime. In the games she wasn't all into it, more like denying what her grandma thought...
Old February 27th, 2011 (09:00 PM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

The age is all messed up in the anime. Ash is still 10 for who knows how long. Oh yeah I forgot to mention; now I ship Juniper and Poddo all thanks to TheSmartOne.
Old February 28th, 2011 (07:16 PM).
The Runway Trainer

Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
The marriage dialogue was when they where trapped in the room in the episode "Gone with the Windworks." The one about Dawn being "the best in the room" was in the episode where Dawn entered the contest against Jessilina (James). It was the first time Lyra had seen Dawn in her pink contest outfit.
Oh yes that one. But what I liked about that dialogue is that both Ash and Dawn were dense about it, or didn't get it, and it wasn't the usual "one-sided"ness we get from Ash.

Iris's "kid" comments are warranted and unwarranted in places. The part where Ash didn't know which town they were in was uncalled for, however.
Old March 1st, 2011 (02:45 PM).
Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to SonicTH
Um... Maybe it's not right topic,guys, but ... Is there any fans of James+Jessie here? '

-welcome to my and my friend's site!
Old March 1st, 2011 (05:35 PM).
♥ maraala ♥

Nature: Bold
Jessie x James? Rocketshipping? Noooooo. James is so not straight. JimShipping forever~
Dwebble - #184
pairs - ama - gravity falls fc - minecraft
Old March 1st, 2011 (07:47 PM).
The Runway Trainer

They trying to say that Kenny, and Drew are the stronger "men" for the girls or something..or I am just reading waay to much into things?
Well it's not that Kenny is equally as strong as Drew. Drew had no fear in his intentions and advances. Kenny was nervous and jealous all at the same time. That way Drew looks stronger than Kenny.
Old March 1st, 2011 (07:52 PM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

I'll have to agree with Ruby on this one. Kenny was never the strong type as Drew was. To me Drew didn't look like he cared much about relationships. He just went with the flow while Kenny was all jealous(And what else Ruby had mentioned about him). I never watched that episode of Kenny wanting Dawn to go with him in English since I didn't bother watching it since I watched the Japanese version so I can't really determine much on what happened there but yeah defiantly Drew was the stronger one when it comes to this.

Quote originally posted by SonicTH:
Um... Maybe it's not right topic,guys, but ... Is there any fans of James+Jessie here? '
It's ok; I'm not really huge in the Rocketshipping. They were cute back in that one episode when they first met.
Old March 2nd, 2011 (08:22 PM).
The Runway Trainer

What's the complication to this question, is that unlike Ash, Drew and Kenny develop their personalities. Drew's rate of change is faster than Kenny. Ash is the one who never improves series to series. He's still the same kid. And that's what's bothersome, is that his rivals improve, but he never does. Once it's a new series, Ash is back to square one.

We see Drew, Kenny, and Barry change. If Ash changes, it's only for that series, but not for the next one. The girls will always choose Ash's rival as the stronger one cause that's how the anime is set up.
Old March 3rd, 2011 (07:55 PM).
The Runway Trainer

Quote:
The episode was heavily biased in Kenny's favor for w/e reason, only for not much to come out of it shipping wise. He's just kinda got blown off by Dawn. Which begs the question, what was the point of all that drama,or the episode to begin with?

Power levels in this show fluctuate widly anyway.

May, for instance improved her Team by leaps and bounds, and had already been through two GF's but they still didn't stop her from losing to Dawn who was previously on a losing streak.
Yeah I don't get why all that drama came about after Kenny's win. They added in more fluff than needed be.

Heh, you can say that again. ;) Fluctuating around 9000, huh?

Which doesn't make sense because May is already ahead of Dawn in terms of experience. And Dawn was still new at this point.
Old March 4th, 2011 (08:48 PM).
The Runway Trainer

The writers didn't care about him. Kenny was neglected. When he was first introduced, I thought that because he was a childhood friend of Dawn (close enough to call her "Dee-Dee") that the obvious ship would be that. But man was I wrong. He hardly appeared in a couple of episodes than Drew did, and he goofed off a couple of times. And I think his voice changed mid-way that made him look more lame.

Iris actually looks younger than the rest of the girls. And since she's a main character to be a gym leader, her only ship is going to be with Ash for the moment. She's not another new trainer. She knows her way well enough. You may call it Pokeshipping 2.0, but unlike Misty she's younger so it's not likely to get a lot of "suitors" her age.
Old March 8th, 2011 (03:48 PM).
What do I put here?
Gold Tier

So :D Playing through BW :D

Spoiler:
I got to that Ferishwheel scene and I feel like it's been really overrated. I mean, it's hilarious and everything that N sorta abducts you onto the ferrishwheel for no real reason (its like a romantic date with him at night <3). He just wants to tell you he's the king of Team Plasma (ohhh, I see, he's trying to impress you! :D). After you get to say "yes" or "no" to whether you understand what he's talking about when the Plasma grunts want to escape (saying "yes" pleases him :D) and then you get to battle him and he does his usual pose of opening up his arms for huggles with you. So cute~ After he decides to run up closer to you so you get full screen eNny :D So the scene was pretty funny since N's personality is so nicely weird that he can abduct you for random conversation, and creepy because he takes you to a very quiet area, but it was just *way* shorter than I expected for the mount of hype this scene got...

This is, basically, the ferris wheel scene in screenshots as the guy http://vaudeville22.deviantart.com/art/An-evening-with-N-200187108

Spoiler:

Old March 8th, 2011 (04:20 PM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

Oh yes I remember that part.
Spoiler:
I was actually the guy character when I got to that part so it made it look like N was gay. If I was the girl character then it would have looked pretty cute. To bad you couldn't kick him out of the Ferishwheel. Now I understand that there are a lot of fanart of N and the Ferishwheel. I'm sorry you got denied; now you have to go on a Ferishwheel with N. N is now happy.

Those are such cute pic. I love the first one.
Old March 8th, 2011 (08:25 PM).
The Runway Trainer

Spoiler:
Quote:
I was actually the guy character when I got to that part so it made it look like N was gay. If I was the girl character then it would have looked pretty cute. To bad you couldn't kick him out of the Ferishwheel. Now I understand that there are a lot of fanart of N and the Ferishwheel. I'm sorry you got denied; now you have to go on a Ferishwheel with N. N is now happy.
I was expecting someone to say this. It's the same dialogue for both players.

I liked one fanart where N was literally kicked out of the Ferris Wheel. Shards of glass everywhere. That's gonna hurt in the morning.
Old March 9th, 2011 (12:17 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Spoiler:
I didn't find the scene smexy at all, way too overrated if you ask me guys. :{(

Old March 9th, 2011 (05:42 AM).
★七色に光る女★

Nature: Hasty
I'm playing BW here too! : D

Spoiler:
I just finished that part a few hours ago. It wasn't really a romantic/gay scene when you think about it, since he just hauls you up the ferris wheel to look for Team Plasma grunts (that's a lie of course) and that was it, no biggie. Don't know/care/mind what others think, but I think he's just buying time to let Plasma grunts escape.

Does anyone support Cheren/Bianca? Because I do. CB /attack'd by haters

Also something off-topic - do you guys have Friend Codes if you're playing on a DS? I really want to friend more people.

Azumi あずみ||:::
deviantart | tumblr | twitter||:::

「我に慢心を捨てろと来たか。||:::
つくづく厚顔なマスターよな!」||:::

Old March 9th, 2011 (10:58 AM).
What do I put here?
Gold Tier

Yes, yes, very disappointing. :(

I don't think Cheren and Bianca have spoken very much, so I'm not a particular fan :S Suppose it could be interesting because they're like the opposite of each other. I do like their characters; I thought N's opinion of Bianca was rather harsh...Bianca doesn't seem any weaker than Cheren to me (they're both bad rivals difficulty-wise XD). Although, everyone in this game seems rather easy to defeat.

I suppose I have a friend code since I connected to the Nintendo wifi when I got Victini.
Old March 9th, 2011 (07:59 PM).
The Runway Trainer

They're not bad rivals, they're just annoying when they jump on you in every new route and city. Gray will marginalize the difficulty, just like Platinum did with D/P.
Old March 10th, 2011 (09:23 AM).
What do I put here?
Gold Tier

Well, to me they don't seem any stronger than the random trainers you find out on the road; same with N. Perhaps they're stronger near the end of the game? But then again, the only rival that ever seemed to be difficult to defeat was Gary :S After that, Barry...I wish that the older rivals had popped up more often (except Wally, Brendan/May, Lucius/Dawn, they were boring). I do hope that they will get stronger in Gray like they did with Platinum etc though ^^

Ferrishwheel shipping

Spoiler:
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links