The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #51    
Old January 7th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Mew~'s Avatar
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmartOne View Post
So many hints, eh? I'm sure they're all dub-induced hints. AAML was never intended by the original creators.
You don't know that. Not all the hints were dubbed. Take a look at this article:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...%C3%A9Shipping

Anyway, I don't think any pair is ever intended by the writers.

There is strong evidence showing that the anime could make characters couples though. Like Norman and his wife, and theres that couple with the nidoking and nidoqueen/
__________________
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

  #52    
Old January 7th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Tombo's Avatar
Tombo
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tombo Send a message via Yahoo to Tombo Send a message via Skype™ to Tombo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post

You don't know that. Not all the hints were dubbed. Take a look at this article:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...%C3%A9Shipping

Anyway, I don't think any pair is ever intended by the writers.

There is strong evidence showing that the anime could make characters couples though. Like Norman and his wife, and theres that couple with the nidoking and nidoqueen/
That article is quite interesting, I definitely think that AAML is true.
__________________
I whip my Chu back n forth!

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people so PM me today!


It's a whole new way to see,
It's a whole new place,
With a brand new attitude
But you still gotta catch 'em all
And be the best that you can be!
  #53    
Old January 7th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Gumball Watterson's Avatar
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Elmore, Equestria
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Oh yes. No denying Misty has the hots for Ash. But "half" isn't good enough in the world of shipping :( It's either all or nothing.
__________________
Putting dairy on the fridge door should be morally wrong and outlawed.
  #54    
Old January 7th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Regeneration's Avatar
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration

Anyone remembers this?
But I don't remember whether this was the doing of the dubbing maniacs. :P
  #55    
Old January 7th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Shedinjareese's Avatar
Shedinjareese
Undercover Rocket
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I am where I need to be.
Age: 24
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regeneration View Post
Anyone remembers this?
But I don't remember whether this was the doing of the dubbing maniacs.
Unfortunately, yeah, it was. But also (I didn't realize until someone said it in the comments) it was supposed to mean Misty realized some day they'd be married, like older, in that stage of life-- not necessarily to each other (though she was probably thinking that). Like saying "Someday we'll have a significant other." But obviously it was supposed to sound like a double meaning, one that Ash immediately heard the AAML version of.

However, I heard that in Japan, the dialogue had nothing to do with Ash and Misty and marriage. Maybe marriage, but without that wordplay and Pokeshipping.
__________________
===== Blasting Off Again=====




Last edited by Shedinjareese; January 7th, 2011 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Quote looked funky.
  #56    
Old January 8th, 2011, 08:50 AM
CommanderPigg's Avatar
CommanderPigg
Dento used bishie sparkles!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Host Club
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post

Commanderpigg uploaded this awsome video yesterday:
Spoiler:
Oh, lol. I found out about this by looking at the stats in my video. Pleasantly surprised and very flattered, so thank you XD

Oh, and I saw that people were talking about "A Day Inside May" a few pages back...I have the link to it. It's really...REALLY bad though. Just a fair warning, that NC-17 rating is there for a reason XD

But I can't post it because I don't have enough posts. Darn...

In regards to AAML, I think that at the beginning, the writers didn't really know what direction to take with the anime, so they haphazardly added in a love interest for Ash to see if it would go anywhere...13 years later and Ash still has the sex drive of a rock XD
__________________

Deviantart ~ It's Tasting Time! ~ Youtube
  #57    
Old January 8th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Mew~'s Avatar
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
Oh, lol. I found out about this by looking at the stats in my video. Pleasantly surprised and very flattered, so thank you XD
Heh, no problem - I loved it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
13 years later and Ash still has the sex drive of a rock XD
xD - This is a kids show remember.

Lets share more AMV's, heres an awsome, but short one:
__________________
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

  #58    
Old January 8th, 2011, 10:12 AM
CommanderPigg's Avatar
CommanderPigg
Dento used bishie sparkles!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Host Club
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post

xD - This is a kids show remember.
Well, what I mas meaning to convey was that he's very uninterested in love. I'm totally okay with it though, he is just 10 after all but surely, Dento will educate him in the ways of amour~

Oh, that AMV was lovely! I liked the Dento part in the end. If we're sharing AMVs, I'm a huge addict, so let's have 'em, lol
__________________

Deviantart ~ It's Tasting Time! ~ Youtube
  #59    
Old January 8th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Mew~'s Avatar
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
Well, what I mas meaning to convey was that he's very uninterested in love. I'm totally okay with it though, he is just 10 after all but surely, Dento will educate him in the ways of amour~
I was just messin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
Oh, that AMV was lovely! I liked the Dento part in the end. If we're sharing AMVs, I'm a huge addict, so let's have 'em, lol
Heh, same here.

Since we were talking about Pokéshipping, about about this vid I made a few months ago:
__________________
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

  #60    
Old January 8th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Anna's Avatar
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ankh-Morpork
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
Pokémon Is Not A Kid's Show

Ooh hey a fellow CaféMochaShipper <3 Welcome to Shipping Debates. I adored your video (as you can probably tell from my earlier post).

Cute video, Mew~.
__________________
Without Regret

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

- Pairs - Family - Lovelies -

- Theme - Av Art - Sig Gif -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
  #61    
Old January 8th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Mew~'s Avatar
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmartOne View Post
Pokémon Is Not A Kid's Show

Ooh hey a fellow CaféMochaShipper <3 Welcome to Shipping Debates. I adored your video (as you can probably tell from my earlier post).
It obviously is. xD

Reminds me of the evil togepi in DP, so cute and evil at the same time - it needs another cameo.

What about mine? :3

And yeah, I forgot - Welcome to the shipping debates, we need more active members, i'll give you a cookie if you stay :3
__________________
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

  #62    
Old January 8th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Anna's Avatar
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ankh-Morpork
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
You missed my use of the edit button.

Did you go into the site? Not a kid's show.
__________________
Without Regret

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

- Pairs - Family - Lovelies -

- Theme - Av Art - Sig Gif -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
  #63    
Old January 8th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Mew~'s Avatar
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmartOne View Post
You missed my use of the edit button.

Did you go into the site? Not a kid's show.
Curse you, edit button! Thanks. :3

Yeah, you missed my mention of Togepi. It's intended for children.

Might as well give Negaishipping some love, I made this in october - still working on it:
__________________
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

  #64    
Old January 8th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Anna's Avatar
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ankh-Morpork
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
It's totally not.

I saw that video before, on your profile I think. It's pretty good.
__________________
Without Regret

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

- Pairs - Family - Lovelies -

- Theme - Av Art - Sig Gif -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
  #65    
Old January 8th, 2011, 11:01 AM
CommanderPigg's Avatar
CommanderPigg
Dento used bishie sparkles!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Host Club
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmartOne View Post

Ooh hey a fellow CaféMochaShipper <3 Welcome to Shipping Debates. I adored your video (as you can probably tell from my earlier post).

Cute video, Mew~.
I found pokemopolis when I was ten...it changed my life.

I think that everyone should be a cafemochashipper, but that's just me ;D
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post

And yeah, I forgot - Welcome to the shipping debates, we need more active members, i'll give you a cookie if you stay :3
Thank you! I peeked my head in a few times in the previous thread, but yeah...I'm mainly a lurker ; I'll try my best!

OOOOH! Mew, I've see you on Youtube before! I just saw that Negaishipping amv yesterday, it's really well made! I hope you finish it soon.
__________________

Deviantart ~ It's Tasting Time! ~ Youtube
  #66    
Old January 8th, 2011, 11:04 AM
AshPikastar's Avatar
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
I'm more of a Wishfulshipper and a Twinleafshipper but it's about time I finally shown my face in this thread. I've been lurking in the previous thread for a while but wasn't quiet sure if I should join it or not since I like discussing about shippings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post

Curse you, edit button! Thanks. :3

Yeah, you missed my mention of Togepi. It's intended for children.

Might as well give Negaishipping some love, I made this in october - still working on it:
I knew I have seen that video before but didn't know you made it Mew.
__________________
  #67    
Old January 8th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Mew~'s Avatar
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmartOne View Post
It's totally not.
It like, totally is, like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmartOne View Post
I saw that video before, on your profile I think. It's pretty good.
Yeah, thanks anyways. :3


Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
Thank you! I peeked my head in a few times in the previous thread, but yeah...I'm mainly a lurker ; I'll try my best!
Oh okay, well hopefully you'll enjoy discussing pairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
OOOOH! Mew, I've see you on Youtube before! I just saw that Negaishipping amv yesterday, it's really well made! I hope you finish it soon.
Heh. Im glad, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshPikastar View Post
I knew I have seen that video before but didn't know you made it Mew.
Heh, well hope you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshPikastar View Post
I'm more of a Wishfulshipper and a Twinleafshipper but it's about time I finally shown my face in this thread. I've been lurking in the previous thread for a while but wasn't quiet sure if I should join it or not since I like discussing about shippings.
Well Rissychan made an awsome wishfulshipping video, check it out:




__________________
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

  #68    
Old January 8th, 2011, 11:19 AM
AshPikastar's Avatar
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post



Heh, well hope you liked it.


Well Rissychan made an awsome wishfulshipping video, check it out:




I had added it to my favorites a while back. I thought it was really good. Rissychan makes good videos. We both found out that we liked Wishfulshipping during our discussions before more clips of it came out.
__________________
  #69    
Old January 8th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Shedinjareese's Avatar
Shedinjareese
Undercover Rocket
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I am where I need to be.
Age: 24
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
13 years later and Ash still has the sex drive of a rock XD
Hahahahah this made me laugh out loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmartOne View Post
Followed that link. Looked promising until I saw the "anti-rocketshipping" banner- then goodbye, Pokemonopolis! ...i'll probably give it another chance in a week or two.


And welcome, AshPikastar! I'm a Twinleafshipper myself (despite how much I've been talking about heattagshipping). It's my favorite ship with Dawn in it.

And can anyone who can post the link send me that "Day Inside May" thing? My curiosity is too great. Glad I ain't a cat.
__________________
===== Blasting Off Again=====



  #70    
Old January 8th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Gumball Watterson's Avatar
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Elmore, Equestria
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
I'm not going to link you guys to the page :)....

...I'm going to link you guys to a 303 redirect to the ZIP in my Google docs page containing the page~ http://bit.ly/e3mYEa

Enjoy.
__________________
Putting dairy on the fridge door should be morally wrong and outlawed.
  #71    
Old January 8th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Regeneration's Avatar
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
o.o'
What's with this sudden growing trend of posting Shipping Youtube videos? I hope I didn't start this. xD;;

Oh! And a warm welcome to all the new comers to this thread. But remember, a good member acknowledges Mysteryeggshipping. :D
  #72    
Old January 8th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Gumball Watterson's Avatar
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Elmore, Equestria
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regeneration View Post
o.o'
What's with this sudden growing trend of posting Shipping Youtube videos? I hope I didn't start this. xD;;

Oh! And a warm welcome to all the new comers to this thread. But remember, a good member acknowledges Mysteryeggshipping. :D
Why do you think I haven't posted >__>

Don't listen to him. Mysteryeggshipping is the worst shipping mistake since Palletshipping.
__________________
Putting dairy on the fridge door should be morally wrong and outlawed.
  #73    
Old January 8th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Anna's Avatar
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ankh-Morpork
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
PalletShipping is only second to CaféMochaShipping, what are you talking about AK.

Pokémopolis... yeah. I don't take too much of it to heart, they're big PokéShippers over there. The whole site is hella funny though, especially the episode guides.
__________________
Without Regret

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

- Pairs - Family - Lovelies -

- Theme - Av Art - Sig Gif -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
  #74    
Old January 8th, 2011, 08:43 PM
AshPikastar's Avatar
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedinjareese View Post


And welcome, AshPikastar! I'm a Twinleafshipper myself (despite how much I've been talking about heattagshipping). It's my favorite ship with Dawn in it.

And can anyone who can post the link send me that "Day Inside May" thing? My curiosity is too great. Glad I ain't a cat.
Thanks for the welcome. It's great to find another Twinleafshipper around. A lot of members on Youtube enjoyed Ikarishipping instead of Twinleafshipping. I wouldn't think Paul would care about Dawn at all.

Oh lawls now I can see why "Day inside May" is horrible. I never got into Pokeshipping. When I started watching Pokemon I wasn't much into couples. The only shipping that I actually like Ash with is Advanceshipping.
__________________
  #75    
Old January 8th, 2011, 08:47 PM
RubyJB88's Avatar
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nim
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvancedK47
...I'm going to link you guys to a 303 redirect to the ZIP in my Google docs page containing the page
...in English?

Hello AshPikastar! I see you from the PokeSpecial thread. :)

Quote:
Oh lawls now I can see why "Day inside May" is horrible. I never got into Pokeshipping. When I started watching Pokemon I wasn't much into couples. The only shipping that I actually like Ash with is Advanceshipping.
Wait, what? Ash & May is Advanceshipping. Ash & Misty is Pokeshipping. Just to make it clear.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 08:15 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.