Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime
Reload this Page The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Closed Thread

Old June 1st, 2011 (06:45 PM).
NamikazeKyuubi
Beginning Trainer

Yup now that Twilight is outta the way, let's get back on the actual topic of this thread k?
As for ages... they could always make a spin-off with Ash as a teenager, say about 16 years old? Hey they did it for the Rugrats cartoon didn't they?
Old June 1st, 2011 (11:33 PM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Frostik:
There is one great philosophy of the world of shipping, fanfics, and the like: OOC. If I wanted Bianca to act like Bella, I could! ...People would hate me, but I could! It's got nothing to do with personality, anyway. It's all in the name. Name relations are easier to hop on than personality relations; they're quicker to recognize.

The interview is transcribed here: http://shellspider.blog101.fc2.com/blog-entry-562.html#more
Translated here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=12163792&postcount=3164
Wow, interesting. If they actually put that much thought into their designs, I wish they would incorporate it into the story @~@ So he's hinting that Darach might come back for Grey, then, hmm. I haven't really cared all that much for the Frontier heads since Emerald...
Old June 2nd, 2011 (05:33 AM).
Frostik
Trainer

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by Twilight-kun:
What's the shipping for Blue (girl) and Oak, if it exists?
For the record, there is no name on the list. Doesnt mean one doesn't exist, though.

Quote originally posted by Jorah:
@~@ So he's hinting that Darach might come back for Grey, then, hmm. I haven't really cared all that much for the Frontier heads since Emerald...
Actually, it's already seems to be subtly hinted at in BW that he's in the area. Because it mentions he's "closer than we think," right?

Why is the Friday night biker gang on the Tubeline bridge initially called the "Black Empoleon"? This being the gang who change their names to the lead pokémon of a trainer who defeats them? :3 Because an Empoleon? Of all things? Why an Empoleon? ...*points to Darach's team*

Which actually makes Darach/Caitlin all that more endearing (unless he's become some deranged stalker Cailtin's trying to shake ;.; )...not that she mentions him at all, while at Cynthia's villa. *foo* Though I do have a soft spot for Marshal/Caitlin, it's all good. 8D

I own an incomplete nightmare,
my Neverending Romance

When shall it end?
Old June 2nd, 2011 (07:16 AM).
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
I haven't really cared all that much for the Frontier heads since Emerald...
Because they're too hard for you.

Why is the Friday night biker gang on the Tubeline bridge initially called the "Black Empoleon"? This being the gang who change their names to the lead pokémon of a trainer who defeats them? :3 Because an Empoleon? Of all things? Why an Empoleon? ...

.not that she mentions him at all, while at Cynthia's villa.
That beat on the bridge doesn't go well at all with the piano. I wonder why too, but would that mean Darach is related to a biker gang?? What a twist. And they can't show an Empoleon because you don't have the National Dex...strange name to use.

Ugh, all those fanarts of the player at her villa...
Old June 2nd, 2011 (11:58 AM).
Frostik
Trainer

Quote originally posted by RubyJB88:
That beat on the bridge doesn't go well at all with the piano. I wonder why too, but would that mean Darach is related to a biker gang?? What a twist. And they can't show an Empoleon because you don't have the National Dex...strange name to use.
Related? Not at all. The last person to beat them before the player came along (and then moved on)? More likely. I don't think he's got any association with the bikers, aside from creaming them with his Empoleon. Because the player doesn't associate with the bikers, but they /will/ change their gang name (after being beaten) to the "Black xxx", xxx being your lead pokémon.

Says the theory, anyway. Got a few of those this gen, come to think of it.

my Neverending Romance

When shall it end?
Old June 3rd, 2011 (05:56 AM).
Azumi
★七色に光る女★

Nature: Hasty
Difficult! Difficult, not hard! ;;

Related? Not at all. The last person to beat them before the player came along (and then moved on)? More likely. I don't think he's got any association with the bikers, aside from creaming them with his Empoleon. Because the player doesn't associate with the bikers, but they /will/ change their gang name (after being beaten) to the "Black xxx", xxx being your lead pokémon.
But then that theory begs the question: Why was he at Tubeline Bridge in the first place? I don't think he, of all people, would go for a walk to a place like this. Unless there was an ulterior reason for doing so. Maybe he was WALKING to the Pokemon League to visit Caitlin... yeah I know I suck at making up theories
brb totally getting a Magikarp and making them name their team "Black Magikarp".
...no wait that actually sounds cool xD;;;

Azumi あずみ||:::
deviantart | tumblr | twitter||:::

「我に慢心を捨てろと来たか。||:::
つくづく厚顔なマスターよな!」||:::

Old June 3rd, 2011 (07:31 AM).
Frostik
Trainer

Quote originally posted by Tachibana Azumi:
But then that theory begs the question: Why was he at Tubeline Bridge in the first place? I don't think he, of all people, would go for a walk to a place like this. Unless there was an ulterior reason for doing so. Maybe he was WALKING to the Pokemon League to visit Caitlin... yeah I know I suck at making up theories
^.@ You seem to think I was implying something else? Yes, he was walking. Like most people seemed to do in that world: walk from place to place on foot. (He seems way too refined to ride a bicycle.)

Now either Darach was told to stay in Sinnoh/Johto by Caitlin as she went off to find herself (practice control of psychic hairstyling), and only now was he willing to go after her, OR she abandoned him, and he's been looking for her all this time. The second makes sense on why he'd be on foot: you can't search for crap in the air, but that's just worse. =X Because either she did abandon him for herself, or he got too much for her to handle. *waaaaah*

my Neverending Romance

When shall it end?
Old June 3rd, 2011 (07:43 AM).
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
The last person to beat them before the player came along (and then moved on)? More likely. I don't think he's got any association with the bikers, aside from creaming them with his Empoleon.
It must be Jun/Barry. Who else has an Empoleon. XD
Old June 3rd, 2011 (02:48 PM).
Azumi
★七色に光る女★

^.@ You seem to think I was implying something else? Yes, he was walking. Like most people seemed to do in that world: walk from place to place on foot. (He seems way too refined to ride a bicycle.)

Now either Darach was told to stay in Sinnoh/Johto by Caitlin as she went off to find herself (practice control of psychic hairstyling), and only now was he willing to go after her, OR she abandoned him, and he's been looking for her all this time. The second makes sense on why he'd be on foot: you can't search for crap in the air, but that's just worse. =X Because either she did abandon him for herself, or he got too much for her to handle. *waaaaah*
Well, he DOES have a Staraptor in his Silver Print team.

Hm, I guess your point makes sense. Seeeee, that's why you should never let me write any theories, because I suck at those sometimes. xD
But when you think about it, it's kind of sad. What Darach does for Caitlin is... ;A;

Old June 3rd, 2011 (03:49 PM).
Frostik
Trainer

Quote originally posted by Tachibana Azumi:
Well, he DOES have a Staraptor in his Silver Print team.

Hm, I guess your point makes sense. Seeeee, that's why you should never let me write any theories, because I suck at those sometimes. xD
But when you think about it, it's kind of sad. What Darach does for Caitlin is... ;A;
Chances are, if we can battle him in Grey, he won't have Staraptor, because Staraptor/Starly are one of those Black City/White Forest only pogeys, and the programers won't let a dex sighting of those go through so easily.

And rarely do even the more elite trainers fly away when leaving. They just...walk off-screen. XD

Caitlin still has to like him some amount...right?? ( つ Д `) Really hope they didn't fall apart...even if he was such a pedo at the time, liking jail-bait. The interview put her at 14 in Gen VI. She's early twenties now. Totally legal!

my Neverending Romance

When shall it end?
Old June 4th, 2011 (05:22 AM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

He could be with there after you've defeated the league for the first time, or something. A lot of the other trainers don't have a Pokemon that knows Fly, so that'd be a reason they don't, right? :P

I still haven't actually battled the gang yet XD I have to choose a good Pokemon to name them after. I suppose it just ignores a Pokemon's nickname, right?

It must be Jun/Barry. Who else has an Empoleon. XD
No, because I loved the facilities in Emerald that weren't there in other versions. I've got gold symbols for most of them, the others I have silver or whatever it was. I couldn't be bothered to do it all over again for Platinum or HGSS. From what I remember, you haven't even got to a single Battle Frontier XP

That is exactly what I was thinking XD ignore that it is anime-only
Old June 4th, 2011 (08:14 AM).
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Quote:
From what I remember, you haven't even got to a single Battle Frontier
Because it's not part of the main game. I was done once I finished the main story.
Old June 7th, 2011 (10:52 AM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Because it was too hard for you.
Old June 8th, 2011 (12:23 AM).
Azumi
★七色に光る女★

Well, Battle Frontiers ARE difficult. I only got some of the Silver Prints.

-completelymissingthepoint-

Old June 8th, 2011 (08:35 AM).
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Because it was too hard for you.
Because I finished the main game.

Anyways, I wish there was a new Battle Frontier for Unova, so it'd create more shippings.
Old June 8th, 2011 (09:17 AM).
Twilight-kun
Pokémon World Champion - 2015-16

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
I would LAUGH if the Seven Sages opened a Frontier

too bad you never battle them

what's Red/Leaf called?
Old June 8th, 2011 (10:02 AM).
Frostik
Trainer

Anyways, I wish there was a new Battle Frontier for Unova, so it'd create more shippings.
We need more 'ships? Gray might wind up with one.

too bad you never battle them

what's Red/Leaf called?
Also suspecting (read: HOPING) that'll happen in the third game.

And it's called BurningLeafeshipping.

my Neverending Romance

When shall it end?
Old June 9th, 2011 (01:54 PM).
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

I would LAUGH if the Seven Sages opened a Frontier
That....sounds pretty interesting. "Battle Frontier Brain Zinzolin..." I love that name. I think it's French for blue?
Old June 9th, 2011 (02:54 PM).
Frostik
Trainer

That....sounds pretty interesting. "Battle Frontier Brain Zinzolin..." I love that name. I think it's French for blue?
French for a shade of purple. Gorm's the blue one.

my Neverending Romance

When shall it end?
Old June 10th, 2011 (05:50 AM).
Twilight-kun

Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
Zinzolin: Violet (Reddish purple actually) (French)
Ryoku: Green (Japanese)
Giallo: Yellow (Italian)
Rood: Red (Dutch)
Bronius: Brown (German)
Gorm: Blue (Gaelic)
Geechisu: C# the pitch of the timpanis in his battle theme, also could be greek for "Sorcery"

Wonder who N's mother was...that'd make an odd fanfic, no?
Old June 10th, 2011 (07:40 AM).
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Heh, there was a thread about N's mother in B/W section, hilarious.

My best guess would be one of the Goddesses, or if they're too young. Or maybe one of the shadow triad - they could be girls you know, or at least one of them.

OR He was made in the P2 lab, from human tissue.

Old June 10th, 2011 (07:49 AM).
Twilight-kun

or the ever popular "Wally is N"
Old June 10th, 2011 (08:21 AM).
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Nature: Adamant
French is my mother tongue and I've never heard that word before, lmao. It is a French word, but nobody uses it!!! Violet is violet and purple is mauve. Well, mauve may be a bit lighter, but w/e.

Old June 10th, 2011 (09:47 AM).
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

N's mother is probably someone who is not as creepy and manipulative as Ghetsis is. He's pretty lame at hiding things too.

Quote:
Ah, thanks for the clarification.

The player's mom's hair resembles that of a Greek goddess. It makes sense how Hilda got the hair from, but Hilbert's?
Old June 10th, 2011 (10:16 AM).
Twilight-kun

for the love of god don't use their English names, it makes my heart die

use Black, White, Touya or Touko...just...not their English names, I beg you

by the way...what IS Touya/Touko shipping called anyway?

and what about Touko/Bel or Touko/Cheren?

Sponsored Links