Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime
Reload this Page The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Closed Thread

Old January 15th, 2012 (05:51 PM).
The Runway Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Welcome to the thread.

We don't hate any shipper as long as they don't post content that doesn't necessarily mean its proof from some fanfiction or fanart. You are free to support what you like.

But I'm curious to know, what do you think makes PenguinShipping most likely?
Old January 15th, 2012 (08:43 PM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Quote originally posted by johnr754:
Hello. I am here to say hello into the shipping debates.

Last, I also am a WishfulShipper. Now, it has several hints. For example, I read in Bulbapedia that Iris does stuff that invloves Cilan, like saying that she would travel with Cilan, trusts him more, and for some reason, hides near his body.
I'm already liking you already. It's great to have another Wishfulshipper around here. Welcome to the shipping debate thread. It might get intense in here at times just a warning.

I'm a huge Twinleafshipper as well as a Wishfulshipper however, I had always thought Penguinshipping was adorable. I believe a lot of shippers got thrown off with this pairing because of the episode of Kenny vs Ash. If I had to pick besides Twinleafshipping, I would have went with Penguinshipping. Most of the episodes with those two are just adorable, enough said. That is all.
Old January 15th, 2012 (11:07 PM).
I am JOHN, heck yeah!

Quote originally posted by RubyJB88:
Welcome to the thread.

We don't hate any shipper as long as they don't post content that doesn't necessarily mean its proof from some fanfiction or fanart. You are free to support what you like.

But I'm curious to know, what do you think makes PenguinShipping most likely?
That, I really don't know. But, I just think that because it seems that there are several hints for that, and even though this may sound stupid, it may happen.

But I am Ikari...I don't know how. I just got introduced into it and I just prefer it. Hehe. It's also popular in Serebii.

Quote originally posted by AshPikastar:
[FONT="Play"]I'm already liking you already. It's great to have another Wishfulshipper around here. Welcome to the shipping debate thread. It might get intense in here at times just a warning.
Thanks! Intense? Hmm...okay, then. Yeah, Wishful is a popular BW ship. Wait, is it still a popular BW ship?
Old January 16th, 2012 (12:01 AM).
♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Crystal Tier

Nature: Rash
Quote originally posted by johnr754:
Last, I also am a WishfulShipper. Now, it has several hints. For example, I read in Bulbapedia that Iris does stuff that invloves Cilan, like saying that she would travel with Cilan, trusts him more, and for some reason, hides near his body.
Welcome, buddy! Hope you enjoy our 95%-of-the-time-civil debating. Well, I haven't been online lately so I have no idea if the thread has degenrated into name-calling at any point, but I really doubt it.

I am an anti-WishfulShipper, but not the extent that I spend my days planning to kill Iris, her fans (whom are creepy in some parts, but anyway) and/or hijack their fanclubs. Yes, I'm a Dent fan, and I happen to especially dislike anime-Iris from the very beginning; so I hate being called a jealous fangirl.

Moving on, I'm not chastising you alone for this, but I really think most of the hints in Bulbapedia are people with their favourite "Canon Goggles" on. It's heavily biased; the people whom FIND the hints in the first place are fans of the pairing. I've noticed that WishfulShipping doesn't have any "Anti-hints", or whatever. The last time I checked, anyway.

A lot of the hints are subjective, not to mention how they could be explained away if we cross-reference a character's personality with the aforementioned "hints". Blushing is easily explained with timid/Tsundere characters, affectionate characters would show more physical friendliness, etc.

Then again, it's all in good fun, and anybody who's serious ****ing business about a damn PAIRING needs a life. I'm talking about those people that blow up at the mention of "CafeMocha" in an Wishful thread.

Old January 16th, 2012 (07:08 AM). Edited January 16th, 2012 by ZeroX5.

Yeah...not to down Wishfulshipping or Negaishipping for that matter...but alot of the hints listed for both are subjective. Iris really hasn't shown a romantic interest in either Ash, or Cilan. Now that could change in the near future, but as of right now I've seen nothing to suggest Iris is infatuated with either of them. Best Wishes largely has been pretty shipping-free in terms of canon evidence.

For a ship with no real canon evidence as of yet, I'm a bit surprised Wishful as popular as it is ( but hey, when has that stopped people before?). But I guess it comes down to the whole "opposites attract" thing. It's a nice looking ship as is Negai I suppose. Negaishipping, doesn't seem as popular because Ash has so many options and it also lacks evidence.
Old January 16th, 2012 (02:39 PM).
I am JOHN, heck yeah!

Quote originally posted by Nutella:
Welcome, buddy! Hope you enjoy our 95%-of-the-time-civil debating. Well, I haven't been online lately so I have no idea if the thread has degenrated into name-calling at any point, but I really doubt it.

I am an anti-WishfulShipper, but not the extent that I spend my days planning to kill Iris, her fans (whom are creepy in some parts, but anyway) and/or hijack their fanclubs. Yes, I'm a Dent fan, and I happen to especially dislike anime-Iris from the very beginning; so I hate being called a jealous fangirl.

Moving on, I'm not chastising you alone for this, but I really think most of the hints in Bulbapedia are people with their favourite "Canon Goggles" on. It's heavily biased; the people whom FIND the hints in the first place are fans of the pairing. I've noticed that WishfulShipping doesn't have any "Anti-hints", or whatever. The last time I checked, anyway.

A lot of the hints are subjective, not to mention how they could be explained away if we cross-reference a character's personality with the aforementioned "hints". Blushing is easily explained with timid/Tsundere characters, affectionate characters would show more physical friendliness, etc.

Then again, it's all in good fun, and anybody who's serious ****ing business about a damn PAIRING needs a life. I'm talking about those people that blow up at the mention of "CafeMocha" in an Wishful thread.
Canon goggles? Hmm, then take off nostalgia goggles, people!

And, CafeMocha or Negai....that I really don't mind, since I wouldn't be like "OMG BBQ WHA CAFEMOCHA/NEGAI SUX WISHFUL 4 TEH WINZ!!!". I wouldn't blow up at the mention of the names of ships, no and no.

Okay, then, so what ship do you ship with Iris, then? Just asking, even though you dislike anime-Iris.
Old January 17th, 2012 (06:54 AM).
What do I put here?
Gold Tier

...It sounds like you went into a Wishful shipping thread fangirling Cafemocha, and expected to be greeted with open arms ಠ_ಠ

If I had to choose between Cafe and Wishful, it would be Cafe because the next time I hear "kodomo ne" or "you're such a kid" I shall shoot someone.
Old January 17th, 2012 (07:01 AM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

I was never one of those type of shippers and I never got them that much at all. Shipping is a huge in Pokemon but what Jorah said does give a point. I personally don't mind that many shipping's I mean, I basically ship Cilan with almost everyone, Cilan x Burgandy, Wishfulshipping, CafeMocha and as for Iris, Darkcherryshipping and Wishfulshipping. I can easily find a shipping that I like to go towards or for shipping that isn't so popular. I like being a bit different when it comes to that. I would personally go for CafeMocha instead of Negaishipping if we had to pick out of those two. To be honest, Ash x Cilan is a lot cuter then Iris and Ash and I was never the Yaoi type shipper.
Old January 17th, 2012 (07:06 AM).
What do I put here?
Gold Tier

Yeah, a few of the yaoi shippings are cuter than the er, non-yaoi shippings. Barry/Ash, Paul/Ash is cute....(to me D:) but Twinleafshipping is cute. Trip/Ash, I cannot decide on whether is dull or revolting.
Old January 17th, 2012 (07:10 AM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

Trip/Ash reminds me of Paul/Ash. To be honest, Paul/Ash would be an interesting couple and so would Barry/Paul due to his fanboying. For some reason can't see Trip/Ash but I can easily see Trip/Paul somehow making it.
Old January 17th, 2012 (07:14 AM).
What do I put here?
Gold Tier

Oh no, how did I miss out Barry/Paul? That was my favourite couple in DP XD Barry never got a chance to fine Paul, though. Trip/Paul? So...that's like Paul/Paul, right? XP But that is interesting, I've never thought of that before XD
Old January 17th, 2012 (07:21 AM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

I need to re-watch DP so that I can look at all the Twinleafshipping episodes and the Barry/Paul moments for some good times and yup, Paul likes himself so Paul and Trip would be a great couple!
Old January 17th, 2012 (07:41 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

I bet Trip has taken some very dirty pictures on that camera of his. :x

Old January 17th, 2012 (07:48 AM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

Trip has probably been stalking Paul through out the DP series, realizing he might be the one for him. XD I'm also curious what is in that camera of his.
Old January 17th, 2012 (09:25 AM).
What do I put here?
Gold Tier

lol at the last few posts XD Stalker Trip has photos of Paul, and "idolises" him, which is why they are so similar...
Old January 18th, 2012 (07:26 PM).
Dento used bishie sparkles!

Nature: Quirky
Darn it, I missed my chance to present my (anti) Wishfulshipping arguments and now we're talkinga bout Paul and Stalker!Trip and I don't know which one I should talk about XDDD

How about both!? First with my Wishfulshipping stance. As a disclaimer, I respect wishfulshippers, a lot of them are my friends, and I don't think it's a silly ship. But I do have my opinions on the what I think is yet another case of strange popularity inflation...

Rather than be a good person and restate my claims, I'm just going to copy and paste a conversation I had on another forum with a friend about this. It's pretty much Negaishipping vs. Wishful (since I recently made a Negaishipping AMV and apparently, this is so horrible XD). Quoted is my friend, non-quotes are me. I thought he brought up some interesting points. WARNING: Wall of text, ranting, off-topicness to other pairings and possibly offensive since I'm an insensitive b*stard :P

Feel free to point out any fallacies.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Now I think Negashipping sucks. Besides, Iris has more interesting interactions with Dent. :P

No wonder Wishfulshipping is more popular.
Uuuuhhh, I think both interactions are pretty amusing, but I think that Dento has like absolutely no interest in Iris whatsoever. Iris may be a bit tsundere for him though, but that's as far as I'll go.

Wishfulshipping is more popular because: 1. It's not an Ash Shipping (strangely enough, after AG, Ash shippings tended to split into two camps: Poke and Advanced, which branched off into a whole shipping family deal; Pearlshippers, who were mostly newer generation shippers, tended to multiship more and were the most passive) and 2. It's the only straight pair alternative with interesting characters.

Which is why Cafemocha is not the most popular in the western language speaking fandom.

Quote:
He may not have, but shipping is for fun, isn't it? Every time Iris is annoyed by him, we take that as a hint. Or when Iris hides behind Dento and stuff like that. :D

It's hilarious how complex shipping has become. But yeah, Iris and Dent are very interesting characters.

Um, I'd say Cafemocha is more popular than Negai. :/
It is for fun, I'm just pointing out the fallacies in the ships :P I can see those as hints too...on Iris's side. What has Dento done to reciprocate those feelings? :P

Has become? I think it's always been that way.

Well yeah, but it's nowhere near as popular as wishful in the communities I'm involved in xD In the japanese fandom though, CafeMocha ranks supreme :P

Quote:
Um ... he's shown his kind friendship towards Iris. And we all know he's being fabulous only to annoy her, he loves annoying her. :P

Well in the beginning it was just Pokeshipping and Palletshipping. XD

Well ofc, Japanese girls know what's good. xP
Friendship does not equal luuuurve. I mean, do you ship yourself with all your close friends? :P LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!! What the hell do you mean? I'm pretty sure he's fabulous because, oh, I dunno, that's his PERSONALITY? :P

But that was enough to initiate a war and a peace treaty. And don't forget about the Rocket side of things, they had some crazy diplomacies as well!

Don't judge, I'm sure there are Japanese boys in the mix too.

Quote:
NO! Only special ones. ˇ-ˇ :P

Nah, Dento was pretty calm at the start of BW but as he got more open to his friends he realized Iris was annoyed by his true nature. Thus, he used the opportunity in order to seduce her in his fabulous ways. Now they're like love birds teasing each other whenever they can. We need more Iris/Dento moments . :D

Uh, I completely forgot about them. It could be because Rocketshipping is canon and confirmed. XD

True, true. And I'm not judging anyone. Only those who ship Coma not so great shippings.
But there's nothing particularly striking about Dento/Iris's relationship...it seems pretty standard to me.

HAHAHAHA!!
You're joking, right? That first battle with Ash, he definitely wasn't spinning and throwing around sparkles everywhere. Nope. And afterwards, he DEFINITELY didn't fangasm over a table over a ten year old boy...NOPE!! And he DEFINITELY didn't go into tasting tiems or talk big about his awesome domestic cooking skills or anything like that. NOPE. NOT AT ALL. HE DEFINITELY CAME OUT OF HIS FABULOUS CLOSET BECAUSE OF IRIS'S INFLUENCE.

Well, yeah, it is. :P but the camp for Rocket pairings were even more ridiculous because they had conflict within their own SHIPPING XD And their biggest rival wasn't even a rival shipping, it was the anti-shippers, which were so strong, they were put into a shipping category of their own XDDD (RShipping was the first one I got into, so i know a bit about them :p)

Pft, okay. Comashipping is an awesome ship and you know it.

Quote:
Different skill color Maybe. xD

Pfft, you silly girl, he did since he wanted to make Iris jealous. ˇ^ˇ

Wait, there was an anti-shipping for a shipping? WUT? <.<

Okay, it's not awesome, but it's okay, I guess. :P
I don't know what you're trying to imply with those strike outs ._.

No....just, no. I'm pretty sure he fangams when no one is looking. There's no way it can't be genuine. He does it because it's in his personality to do so. he went all fishing connoisseur when Iris wasn't looking, to you know, be of help....and kinda annoyed ASH in the process. His brother didn't seem fazed at all through his tasting times, which means that they must have been used to those mannerisms at that point. He went to a ****ing train convention way before he met either Ash or Iris.

Now please, give me some legit evidence that he only does it to purposely annoy Iris/make her jealous.

yup. I've been in nearly every camp on my fandom journey. Starting out with being a R*cketshipper (meaning that you're adamant that they'll get together and you think that Jessie is a soft flower and that James is dripping in testosterone and ****) from being an Antishipper (because of Pokemopolis's influence) from being a Queershipper (thinking that Jessie and James might have a thing for each other but are basically lesbian/gay lovers) to being a FriendShipper (just as the name inplies) to being a regular Rocketshipper XD (yes, these are the official names for these sects).

That's victory enough for me ^^ (you'll like it one day, I promise :P)

Quote:
It implies what I'm actually thinking while I write something else. Or you knew that before? LOL it also looks neat in a VM

That's all true, but not even Dento could fully be himself with unknown people that he had just met. He was a nerd but he was unsure of how Iris would react. As he slowly started unveiling his "tasting times" as a part of his daily routine and not just of some show they thought he was putting on during the gym battle, Ash and Iris realized that Dento really was a big nerd. Iris was attracted to that and so she started flirting via the best way she knew - snarky comments, pretending that she disliked it. :DD Dento realized Iris' signals and realized he could fully act natural around her, and Ash. That's how their platonic, still unconfirmed relationship, began.

He trolled her about being a photo sommelier in the Robert/Sawsbuck episode. You just know he did it on purpose. :P

That seems like quite a journey. Wow, those seem pretty fun. I wish I was there at the times, too bad I joined too late to the fandom. xD

Maybe if Paul actually says a normal, friendly, non-rival sentence to Ash? :P
Can I copy/paste your arguments to the PokeCommunity Shipping debates? You're welcome to join me there, but I would love to initiate a debate on this with more than one person :P (don't worry, I think I'll be outnumbered since Wishful is very popular).

I'm positive that Dento isn't afraid of showing his nerdy/eccentric side. He showed no shame or regret showing it to other people, like Cabernet or Trip. He certainly didn't mind showing it to Ash right after the battle. He may be hiding a deep secret, but I would imagine that it would be hard to "put on a show" 24/7 like that. It's just how he acts. Also, if you make the comment that Iris makes snarky comments to those who she feels attracted to, then the same argument could be used to support Negaishipping...or basically, everyone that Iris speaks to =_=; I don't think she's flirting either, because that would mean that she would have to make her annoyance known to him every single time it happened. It's been shown that she has no qualms with just being a debbie downer when no one is looking :P (like in the battle with Cabernet, she wasn't exactly being very loud about her criticisms, now was she?) I'm arguing this not only on a shipping basis, but on a character basis, because I find many faults with that interpretation of Dento's behavior.

He's a troll though! That's not a shipping hint, it's just something he does for fun XDDDD You never troll your friends either?

I didn't join any forums at that time, I was just a lurker. And a lot of the action happened in website battles, not actual forums XP This was like waaay back in the early 2000's

It's not really in Paul's character to do that though, but he's gotten the closest with Ash, you know, actually complimenting him on his achievements and all.

Quote:
Ah, I haven't been there in a while but you're welcome to use my arguments there, haha. By the way, I was checking out the Negaishipping thread in the SPPf and someone posted your AMV - everyone thought it was awesome. Just thought you should know! ;P

Haha, well I'm actually only trying to find ways so I could interpret Iris and Dent's friend relationship as something more than friendship. :P If anything, I'm definitely convinced Iris really does care about Dent. I've seen many subtle hints such as Iris putting her hand on his shoulder, Iris hiding behind Dent and NOT Ash, Iris being annoyed by Dent's nerdiness. Also, Dent is as a troll, why else would he had caught Stunfisk? xD But no really, it was like he was asking for it - he was pushing Iris' buttons knowing how she would react. And then he could gently troll her in his own way. :P Also, speaking of the Cabernet battle, the reason Iris wasn't very loud is because she didn't wanna bother Dent. She had come to conclusion that despite Dent acting the way he did, he really did want to prove Cabernet wrong which is why she acted the way she did. She discovered a completely new side of Dent, a badass side, but at the same time, a nerdy side of him too. But also, she really enjoys his cooking. :P

Oh wow. I joined Bulbagarden around May, I think, in late DP. :D

Well in terms of rivalry, true, Paul was best rival of them all. I wish Paul could make a reappearance along with Dawn in BW, as some sort of DP special. I'd say that they were, in a way, the most important people for him in DP. :P

*COUGH* Comashippers, REPRESENT! >:D
I think that Trip is just...excited by everyone. He took "in your face" pics of Ash, Iris AND Dento...The kid has a problem! He does seem like the fanboy type, so I don't doubt that he'd fall instantly for Paul or you know, fight him for Ash's maid outfit negatives...I mean, love. It doesn't help that he's voiced by the same person who did Barry in the dub XD

Deviantart ~ It's Tasting Time! ~ Youtube
Old January 18th, 2012 (09:25 PM). Edited January 19th, 2012 by ZeroX5.

Quote originally posted by CommanderPigg:

How about both!? First with my Wishfulshipping stance. As a disclaimer, I respect wishfulshippers, a lot of them are my friends, and I don't think it's a silly ship. But I do have my opinions on the what I think is yet another case of strange popularity inflation...
Honestly, the whole Iris/Dento relationship just feels like a revamp of Brock/Misty's relationship, but I'll get into that later. At this point I don't feel Iris likes anyone as anything more than just a good friend. I certainly don't ever see Ash, or Dento gaining an infatuation with Iris.

The whole argument that Dento is just being over-the-top just to annoy Iris is kinda silly. That's who Dento is, and I certainly don't see Iris "flirting" with Dento through her annoyance with his mannerisms. Iris being a debbie downer, and snarky is part of her character. Does being Snarky towards Ash, Trip, and Georgia mean she's "flirting" with them too? No, it's just who she is. While the idea of him doing so just to annoy the hell out of her is fun, he's not. Dento is a very expressive character so naturally he's going the act the way he does regardless of who is around.

As for her calling him annoying or w/e...that could easily be attributed to her character personality as well. Going back to Misty, and Brock for a moment...most of the time Brock had an over the top reaction to women in his case, Misty was always the one to react, and show the most annoyance. They use to host the HoSo specials together in Japan, waaay back in the Hoenn days. Brock would start talking his usual talk, and Misty would hit him with a fan or use the Gyarados water gun thing on him. That aside, we are going to need more than hey, Iris is annoyed with Dento to actually say she has an interest in him. Some actual concrete evidence would be nice.

In terms of the "Sublte" hints argument. The "touching shoulders" has been done many times before. May has touched Brock shoulders, Misty has done the same, Dawn has touched Ash shoulders, and Iris even touched Ash shoulders when asking Leorona(sp?) what kind of trainer Ash is. So, that's not particularly a strong point. I'll let the whole "hide behind Dent" slide, but even then May and Misty have hidden behind Brock as well. So eh.

All in all, Iris is going to need alot more than just what she has displayed so far. Negaishipping is in the same boat. However, that comes down to 'your mileage may vary" as well..given that Iris hasn't shown a real attraction to Ash either.
Old January 20th, 2012 (01:54 AM).
ツタージャ <3

Nature: Quiet
*COUGH* Comashippers, REPRESENT! >:D
I think that Trip is just...excited by everyone. He took "in your face" pics of Ash, Iris AND Dento...The kid has a problem! He does seem like the fanboy type, so I don't doubt that he'd fall instantly for Paul or you know, fight him for Ash's maid outfit negatives...I mean, love. It doesn't help that he's voiced by the same person who did Barry in the dub XD
Should Comashipping even be considered a real shipping?

I mean, Paul was so cold and indifferent towards Ash during DP, he barely smiled except for the moments when he made Ash's Pokémon suffer. If their relationship was more friendly there could have been more basis for the supposed "relationship". But all they ever developed on was their rivalry which is what Trip's "rivalry" with Ash seems to lack of. Yeah, Paul learned to respect Ash, to respect his way of training, he changed into a better person but their friendship wasn't really a friendship - Paul was so cold and stoic most of the time towards Ash. So yeah, I can't even see Ash and Paul as normal friends, yet alone as lovers. <_<

p.s.

Quote originally posted by ZeroX5:
Does being Snarky towards Ash, Trip, and Georgia mean she's "flirting" with them too? No, it's just who she is. While the idea of him doing so just to annoy the hell out of her is fun, he's not. Dento is a very expressive character so naturally he's going the act the way he does regardless of who is around.
Not really. While I admit that the same teasing she does with Ash could be attributed to Negaishipping as well, it's kinda gotten really obvious that she has this chemistry with Cilan which she only shares with him. Georgia is her rival and thus their rival-like relationship is similar to the Ash/Gary one, albeit, more *****y in female kind of way. Not to mention that Iris was snarky only once towards Trip, how is that even supposed to be flirting?

All in all, Iris is going to need alot more than just what she has displayed so far. Negaishipping is in the same boat. However, that comes down to 'your mileage may vary" as well..given that Iris hasn't shown a real attraction to Ash either.
I'd also like to point out the blushing in the subway when Cilan was acting like a total nerd. Ash acts like an idiot all the time around different people but now suddenly she was embarrassed by Cilan's behavior? Why?

Oh, by the way, the Cottonee episode. Why was Cilan so bothered with Iris speaking about love with her mouth full? Did he feel as if Iris didn't respect love as much as he did? He was obviously kinda annoyed by that.

All I can say is, we're halfway through, and there are more Iris/Cilan moments awaiting us in the future, for sure.
Old January 20th, 2012 (09:21 AM).
Dento used bishie sparkles!

Nature: Quirky
Honestly, the whole Iris/Dento relationship just feels like a revamp of Brock/Misty's relationship, but I'll get into that later. At this point I don't feel Iris likes anyone as anything more than just a good friend. I certainly don't ever see Ash, or Dento gaining an infatuation with Iris.
The only thing is that Misty was never really that antagonistic towards Brock. In most cases she would side with him and gang up on Ash for his immaturity; While Dento seems very biased towards Ash XDDD But yeah, they just seem like friends to me.

Quote:
The whole argument that Dento is just being over-the-top just to annoy Iris is kinda silly. That's who Dento is, and I certainly don't see Iris "flirting" with Dento through her annoyance with his mannerisms. Iris being a debbie downer, and snarky is part of her character. Does being Snarky towards Ash, Trip, and Georgia mean she's "flirting" with them too? No, it's just who she is. While the idea of him doing so just to annoy the hell out of her is fun, he's not. Dento is a very expressive character so naturally he's going the act the way he does regardless of who is around.
Exactly how I feel

Quote:
Iris is probably the least shippable of the three girls because she's yet been shown to have any romantic subplot at all (with Misty, there was Rudy and a few other boys, May had Drew, Dawn had Zoey Ursula Conway and....Kenny XP). I dunno, in the beginning of the series, she's been shown to be genuinely touched/surprised at Ash's warm nature towards pokemon. It's not strong, but I hope that they make her completely warm up to him in the in the future. I can see a lot of fluffy scenes coming out of that

I just realized that I never answered the last argument, but ZeroX5 and I kinda share the same view point, so I'll address this instead:

Quote:
Also, speaking of the Cabernet battle, the reason Iris wasn't very loud is because she didn't wanna bother Dent. She had come to conclusion that despite Dent acting the way he did, he really did want to prove Cabernet wrong which is why she acted the way she did. She discovered a completely new side of Dent, a badass side, but at the same time, a nerdy side of him too. But also, she really enjoys his cooking.
I think that EVERYONE was surprised at this side of Dento...Not really sure how that would contribute to more smitten-ness...more like nightmare fuel. Cooking? really? Who DOESN'T like his cooking? Bel's DAD liked his cooking, can I pair him up with Dento too?

Quote originally posted by ben_pokemon:
Should Comashipping even be considered a real shipping?

I mean, Paul was so cold and indifferent towards Ash during DP, he barely smiled except for the moments when he made Ash's Pokémon suffer. If their relationship was more friendly there could have been more basis for the supposed "relationship". But all they ever developed on was their rivalry which is what Trip's "rivalry" with Ash seems to lack of. Yeah, Paul learned to respect Ash, to respect his way of training, he changed into a better person but their friendship wasn't really a friendship - Paul was so cold and stoic most of the time towards Ash. So yeah, I can't even see Ash and Paul as normal friends, yet alone as lovers. <_<
LOL, anti-comashipping arguments

There's love, and then there's obsession. Paul started off with the latter and worked his way up, it's just in his nature to do that. I think he gain sadistic pleasures in being more powerful than Ash, since he's so closely related to his goal (since Paul wishes to prove that he's better than his brother, and Ash was essentially an expy of his brother, so it was like indirectly satisfying his goals every time he crushed him). This of course grew into mutual respect when he found out that Ash had already beaten his goal a long time ago. I don't think they were ever made friends, but at the same time, friendliness isn't needed in a relationship. Just interaction with the other party, and boy was there a lot of it. I think they share something even stronger than that sexual tension, a cosmic understanding of each other's aspirations and the desire to impress one another. Even if they still lack a friendship, I will quote: "When one life meets another, something will be born...That something is, a bond." (go Cyntha, you Crazy Comashipper, you ).

Quote:
Not really. While I admit that the same teasing she does with Ash could be attributed to Negaishipping as well, it's kinda gotten really obvious that she has this chemistry with Cilan which she only shares with him. Georgia is her rival and thus their rival-like relationship is similar to the Ash/Gary one, albeit, more *****y in female kind of way. Not to mention that Iris was snarky only once towards Trip, how is that even supposed to be flirting?
I don't really see what's so unique about Iris's and Dento's relationship. He does something weird, Iris calls him out for it, Dento let's it roll off his back like water on a duck. Same thing happens to nearly every other character Iris interacts with ._.' I think that because the back and forth interactions between Georgia and Iris are so much more dynamic, it's just a more interesting pair (imagine the hate s*x). And I'm pretty sure that a lot of people see Iris/Trip more on Trip's side, since he's the one being so butthurt over her comments and he's the one who went up in her face to take that picture...

Quote:
I'd also like to point out the blushing in the subway when Cilan was acting like a total nerd. Ash acts like an idiot all the time around different people but now suddenly she was embarrassed by Cilan's behavior? Why?
...Oh, I dunno. Maybe it was the DEGREE to which Dento was nerding out?? He was having an orgasm about trains in a train in front of young children. Now, I know that we must try our best not to be so judgmental, but...who wouldn't be embarrassed by that? The worst Ash can do is like tell pikachu to use an electric move on a ground type, which I suppose is pretty darn embarrassing too, but not as much as the train-loving sommelier.

Quote:
Oh, by the way, the Cottonee episode. Why was Cilan so bothered with Iris speaking about love with her mouth full? Did he feel as if Iris didn't respect love as much as he did? He was obviously kinda annoyed by that.

All I can say is, we're halfway through, and there are more Iris/Cilan moments awaiting us in the future, for sure.
Because Cilan is a refined person and is probably all for table manners and stuff since he owns a fancy cafe ._.

And he IS annoyed that Iris would disrespect love like that, but he would have reacted the same for anyone else. Yes, even Ash if he knew what the heck he was talking about.

Deviantart ~ It's Tasting Time! ~ Youtube
Old January 20th, 2012 (09:41 AM).
ツタージャ <3

There's love, and then there's obsession. Paul started off with the latter and worked his way up, it's just in his nature to do that. I think he gain sadistic pleasures in being more powerful than Ash, since he's so closely related to his goal (since Paul wishes to prove that he's better than his brother, and Ash was essentially an expy of his brother, so it was like indirectly satisfying his goals every time he crushed him). This of course grew into mutual respect when he found out that Ash had already beaten his goal a long time ago. I don't think they were ever made friends, but at the same time, friendliness isn't needed in a relationship. Just interaction with the other party, and boy was there a lot of it. I think they share something even stronger than that sexual tension, a cosmic understanding of each other's aspirations and the desire to impress one another. Even if they still lack a friendship, I will quote: "When one life meets another, something will be born...That something is, a bond." (go Cyntha, you Crazy Comashipper, you ).
Wow, how could I have missed all that sexual tension? Maybe it's all in your head since I'm still waiting for some solid proof.

I don't really see what's so unique about Iris's and Dento's relationship.
Unlike Misty and Brock, writers treat Iris and Dento as a pair. Whether it is promoting the movie tickets for the upcoming Pokémon movie (it's movie time!!!!!) or the the official art featuring Iris and Dento holding hands and dancing in the musical - they are always featured together. They were introduced together and they will both leave at the end of BW. My point is - Iris and Dento are so alike and yet different from each other. They contrast each other in many ways while sharing a decent number of similarities as well. I've said this many times before but they represent B & W, IMO.

Spoiler:

Why have Iris dance with Dento? Why not Ash? Why not Kibago?

You see, that's what I'm talking about. This is why Wishfulshipping is so popular - Iris and Dento match perfectly to each other. While she may be snarky, she respects Dento and his cooking. Dento has great faith in Iris' abilities and he's the perfect person needed to transform Iris from a hypocritical little girl into a mature person. Dento may not feel the same way as Iris but I'm pretty convinced what Iris feels towards Dento is more than just a friendship. Possible crush, but definitely not love.

And he IS annoyed that Iris would disrespect love like that, but he would have reacted the same for anyone else. Yes, even Ash if he knew what the heck he was talking about.
We don't know that now, do we? :/
Old January 20th, 2012 (09:49 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

This is my plain and simple answer to this debate; Ash loves Misty Iris. :)

Old January 20th, 2012 (10:00 AM). Edited January 20th, 2012 by ZeroX5.

Quote originally posted by ben_pokemon:

Why have Iris dance with Dento? Why not Ash? Why not Kibago?

You see, that's what I'm talking about. This is why Wishfulshipping is so popular - Iris and Dento match perfectly to each other. While she may be snarky, she respects Dento and his cooking. Dento has great faith in Iris' abilities and he's the perfect person needed to transform Iris from a hypocritical little girl into a mature person. Dento may not feel the same way as Iris but I'm pretty convinced what Iris feels towards Dento is more than just a friendship. Possible crush, but definitely not love.
Because he's Ash? Honestly, think about it. Ash's character. Would it make more sense to see him dancing with a girl, or a Pokemon. I don't know about you, but Ash dancing with a Pokemon is alot more in character. Guess who slow-danced with Misty in the Lighthouse episode WAAAAY back in Kanto.....that's right Brock.

At any rate, I can't make you believe anything contrary. I can just provide a non-biased opinion. Just because they are advertised together doesn't mean the writers are trying to make them a couple or anything. Dawn, and Ash where treated as a pair, and nothing happened.

Also, you seem to forget that regardless of showing them "dancing together"...it didn't actually happen in this episode. Quite the oppisite really. Both Ash, and Iris abandonded Dento because Ash promised he would hang out with Iris. They played tennis together, went to the musical, ice cream...etc, etc. That made Negaishippers happy of course, but I still don't see it as any more than a friendly gesture.
Old January 20th, 2012 (10:23 AM).
ツタージャ <3

Because he's Ash? Honestly, think about it. Ash's character. Would it make more sense to see him dancing with a girl, or a Pokemon. I don't know about you, but Ash dancing with a Pokemon is alot more in character. Guess who danced with Misty in the Lighthouse episode WAAAAY back in Kanto.....that's right Brock.
Well, um, that's true. But Ash WAS dancing with a Pokémon in the same picture where Iris and Cilan were dancing.

I don't know, I never really could see Misty and Brock together. :/

At any rate, I can't make you believe anything contrary. I can just provide a non-biased opinion. Just because they are advertised together doesn't mean the writers are trying to make them a couple or anything. Dawn, and Ash where treated as a pair, and nothing happened.
Haha, I'm also a Pearlshipper which is why I don't ship Ash with Iris. xP

Regardless of what happens - shipping is meant for fun, right? Oh, I was also just going to point out how Iris and Dento are sometimes excluded just like Ash and Dawn were in DP. I'm not really sure whether ANY of Ash's shippings will come true - I don't see it happening, but if it did, I could see Ash ending up with Dawn since they shared the closest bond.

The funny thing is, when I was younger, as soon as the girl left I would change the main Ash shipping. That's how I went from Pokeshipping to Advanceshipping and then to Pearlshipping. But now with Negaishipping introduced - I can't really feel it. For some odd reason I prefer pairing up Iris with Dento rather than Ash like I usually did with the main girls.

Also, you seem to forget that regardless of showing them dancing together...it didn't actually happen in this episode. Quite the oppisite really. Both Ash, and Iris abandonded Dento because Ash promised he would hang out with Iris. They played tennis together, went to the musical, ice cream...etc, etc. That made Negaishippers happy of course, but I still don't see it as any more than a friendly gesture.
Haha, that is also true. I hated that episode. xD

Well honestly, I can understand Iris. It IS more fun to explore one of the biggest cities in Unova than to collect stamps in a lousy subway.
Old January 20th, 2012 (10:45 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Mew~:
This is my plain and simple answer to this debate; Ash loves Misty Iris. :)
^ This. I feel like I've just high fived myself D:

Quote originally posted by ben_Pokemon:
The funny thing is, when I was younger, as soon as the girl left I would change the main Ash shipping. That's how I went from Pokeshipping to Advanceshipping and then to Pearlshipping. But now with Negaishipping introduced - I can't really feel it. For some odd reason I prefer pairing up Iris with Dento rather than Ash like I usually did with the main girls.
It's actually the opposite of that for me. I kept with Pokéshipping until I saw the second episode of Best Wishes. I even made a Negaishipping video on youtube. (using those only two episodes at that time) That being said, people still ship multiple shippings with the same characters being involved. I sort of like the theory of each Ash of every region/generation/saga with May/Dawn/Iris. It sounds fun.

Old January 20th, 2012 (10:54 AM).
ツタージャ <3

Quote originally posted by Mew~:

I sort of like the theory of each Ash of every region/generation/saga with May/Dawn/Iris. It sounds fun.
Sounds fun, indeed. *unhealthy thoughts*

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)