The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 12th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
Those living in the USA will be able to participate in a special Black and White tour spreading across the country. From February 5th until March 20th, in 14 different stores across the USA, certain events will be occuring throughout the stores. This includes demos of the games before the release, a free screening of the Zoroark movie, a scavenger hunt, a download to get Celebi and more!

Below is more information on this tour.

Quote:
POKÉMON LAUNCHING NATIONAL MALL TOUR TO SUPPORT RELEASE OF POKÉMON BLACK AND POKÉMON WHITE VIDEO GAMES

Blockbuster Year For Pokémon Franchise Kicks Off With Opportunity For Fans To Play Highly Anticipated Video Game Titles

BELLEVUE, Wash. - January 11, 2011 - Pokémon Trainers get ready... the Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version video games for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems are touring America! The Pokémon Company International announced today that one of the most anticipated video game releases of the year will be supported by a multi-city national mall tour starting February 5th - a month before the March 6th U.S. launch of the games. The 14-city tour will give fans an opportunity to discover all-new Pokémon while playing the brand-new adventure that has already taken Japan by storm. The mall tour will kick off a blockbuster year for the franchise with more activities, entertainment, and product releases on tap throughout 2011.

Each two-day stop along the Pokémon Black Version and White Version Tour will offer fans a truly immersive experience based on the new world found in the video games, with Pokémon taking over malls to celebrate the marquee releases. Video game demo areas will showcase Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, allowing fans to experience the games firsthand. Families can attend a free screening of the new Pokémon feature-length film, Pokémon-Zoroark: Master of Illusions, at theaters located at the mall tour stops. The tour also features Pokémon character meet and greets with brand-new starter Pokémon Snivy™, Tepig™ and Oshawott™, a mall-wide scavenger hunt, a special Celebi™ character distribution at GameStop stores; plus contests, prizes, and much more! A Pokémon Center store offering merchandise will also be on-site.

"The anticipation for Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version has been palpable, and we are eager to introduce these fantastic new games to America," said J.C. Smith, The Pokémon Company International's director of Marketing. "We cannot wait to hit the road and give Pokémon fans an up-close and personal look at an all-new world of Pokémon in a fun, totally immersive environment."

The Pokémon Black Version and White Version Tour will run every weekend through March 20th in the following cities:

February 5th and 6th:

* Seattle, WA (Westfield Southcenter, Seattle, WA)
* Cleveland, OH (Westfield SouthPark, Strongsville, OH)

February 12th and 13th:

* San Jose, CA (Westfield Oakridge, San Jose, CA)
* Memphis, TN (Wolfchase Galleria, Memphis, TN)

February 19th and 20th:

* Los Angeles, CA (Westfield Santa Anita, Arcadia, CA)
* Indianapolis, IN (Castleton Square, Indianapolis, IN)

February 26th and 27th:

* Denver, CO (Town Center at Aurora, Aurora, CO)
* Philadelphia, PA (Franklin Mills, Philadelphia, PA)

March 5th and 6th:

* New York, NY (Westfield Garden State Plaza, Paramus, NJ) (Actually Friday and Saturday, March 4th and 5th)
* Minneapolis, MN (Mall of America®, Bloomington, MN)

March 12th and 13th:

* Dallas, TX (Grapevine Mills, Grapevine, TX)
* Atlanta, GA (Discover Mills, Lawrenceville, GA)

March 19th and 20th:

* Phoenix, AZ (Arizona Mills, Tempe, AZ)
* Jacksonville, FL (Orange Park Mall, Orange Park, FL)

The mall tour kicks off a historic year for the Pokémon franchise that will introduce an all-new trading card game expansion, feature-length film, animated series, and merchandise. The multi-pronged rollout will thrust the Pokémon brand into the spotlight across its many entertainment offerings.

- PokeBeach
I'm kinda disappointed it's only in the USA, since that'd be really awesome - but I doubt a store nearby me would do so anyway even if it was in Australia. Though I do think this will be great promotion for the games and possibly boost sales with the demos going on during the tour.
Old January 12th, 2011, 08:29 AM
twistedpuppy
Siriusly Twisted

Nature: Timid
ARGH!!! :cer_pissed: I don't wanna go all the way up to Jacksonville. :cer_cry:
It's kinda strange that they would continue the promotion after the games were released.
Old January 12th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Hoenn
» Just a cat and mouse game
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
This sounds like a good event would have thought they stopped around 5th March though, too bad I'm not from the US

However if anything is revealed we'll probally find out a day later.

Old January 12th, 2011, 08:32 AM
twistedpuppy
Siriusly Twisted

Mostly likely new names for Pokémon, moves, characters, or towns will be revealed since we pretty much know everything else already.
Old January 12th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Dent
taste the café m o c h a ♥

Nature: Quirky
I knew it would be at the MoA~ Hooray! I'm excited for this. I've never been to an event of this kind.
Old January 12th, 2011, 09:14 AM
solarowl
I'll always be an Outsider.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to solarowl
Yes, I can go to the San Jose one! That's not too far away. :D
I'm getting excited but most of the stuff there will probably be pokemon and things I already know.

Last edited by solarowl; January 12th, 2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old January 12th, 2011, 10:14 AM
shinx95

Sounds exciting but I don't think that my mom would be willing to take the train again to NY/NJ. Just in October we took it to ComicCon so she probably doesn't want to go back so quickly...

... Maybe.... Maybe I can get her to take me... She'll probably be put off by the mobs of people but hopefully, it's only an hour away... *Grumble*

Last edited by shinx95; January 12th, 2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old January 12th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Munch Dog
Growlithe!

I'm gonna try and be at the one in Grapevine, despite the fact that by March 12 I'll already have my copy of Black.
Old January 12th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Lexxy
sup brah?

Nature: Docile
Send a message via AIM to Lexxy Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lexxy Send a message via Skype™ to Lexxy
No Missouri? :C
That stinks..

FionaPaladinApple Cake
Old January 12th, 2011, 11:50 AM
SukoSuNa
Nelson Mac Champ

Nature: Serious
Once again, Canada is ignored...
FOREVER ALONE.

Does anyone know if the Celebies are being distributed at stores other than the ones being visited by the tour?
Old January 12th, 2011, 11:50 AM
ToWriteLove
On Her Arms

Nature: Gentle
Ugh, I don't want to have to drive to Indianapolis for it but I want to go. XD I think it would be fun to go but heck if I know, I am 18 now so may be a bit odd driving 3 hours to show up where a majority of kids will be. XD
Old January 12th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

;_; I was really hoping they'd hit at least one mall in Canada. I know they did some sort of event in Toronto for... was it HGSS or Platinum? One of the two. So I was disappointed that there was nothing Canadian on that list. Or even anything really close to the border. Baaaw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SukoSuNa View Post
Once again, Canada is ignored...
FOREVER ALONE.

Does anyone know if the Celebies are being distributed at stores other than the ones being visited by the tour?
Celebi is at TRU or Gamestop (I forget which one), but no announcement over whether it'll be in Canada too or not. :(

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old January 12th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Llennoccm8
The Sprietenator

Nature: Gentle
OMG OMG OMG! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO GOING!

It will be an oprotunity to play the game, and get some english names. Since its hard to make a "restricted" demo for main pokemon games, you will probably play through the normal story line. Most of the pokemon that appear at the begining of the game, haven't been revealed in English yet. So we can expect the get the english names of the home town, yorterri, minezumi, bel, cheren, ect, ect, ect.

So i am as excited as (insert noun that discribes my burning excitement for the event here)
Come to PokeChime!

Buy Pokemon White (Nintendo DS™) at Play-Asia.com>

Buy Pokemon Black (Nintendo DS™) at Play-Asia.com>
Old January 12th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
*FANGIRL SQUEE*

I so wish I could attend. I live in Canada and I don't have access to any of those places. It'd be interesting to play the demos. Just like the DP demo. I also wonder if it will have the same fate as the DP kiosk demo?

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old January 12th, 2011, 04:24 PM
AntiZero
Remember?

YES! Phoenix! I'm definitely going!

I'll already have my copy of White on the 19th, but I'm still going, regardless.
Old January 12th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Azureth

Why doesn't anything good ever come to Oklahoma
Old January 12th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Wow, there's none in Virginia? That sucks, but oh well. Have fun to all who are going to be participating.
Old January 12th, 2011, 05:15 PM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
I never been to one of theese. Wait theres been previous events? The only one i know if is when pokemon started lol (have the vhs)

I might go, if I can. Wooo Seatle thats only.. 2-4 miles away. Why not olympia the capital, where i can go by myself too xD

feb 5.. If they release anything new there, and if you go ill try to report the stuff!

Old January 12th, 2011, 05:25 PM
The Red Chain

Still so excited after hearing this! That is certainly some amazing news!
I'm really happy that B&W is getting it's own tour, and with all kinds of goodies! Especially the Zoroark movie! <3 Talk about really exaggerating the games! GF and Nintendo sure are proud about B&W.
They are gonna arrive here in Denver.. I wish I could go but I doubt anyone would want to take me.. D:
My family is a bunch of anti-Pokemon people because they think I'm too -old- for it now. One day I'll get my permit and I can just take my own self. xP

Guess I'll miss out on Celebi this time... </3
Oh well! At least I'll have shiny Suicune and can at least get Zoroark. ;D
Old January 12th, 2011, 05:28 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I've never been to those kinds of events, but I don't like the fact that it's US-only. I don't want to go all the way to California just for a video game promotion.

Old January 12th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Speed
Skyward

The closest mall to me that's doing this event is in Jacksonville, and that's 7 hours away. Oh well, I won't miss out on much.
Old January 12th, 2011, 06:52 PM
solarowl
I'll always be an Outsider.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to solarowl
On second thought, my parents probably won't drive me there even though it's 20 minutes away. :(
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Angelique
Le Magnifique

Ahhaha useless Jacksonville. You may have replaced Pokemon event-central Orlando, but I'll destroy the Unova's Elite Four by the 19th. I have no use attending this nice gesture.
I gaze at you with eyes
That are about to break

Old January 12th, 2011, 10:52 PM
pokewalker
If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I'd be so happy if it comes in Europe too... But most likely not unless it will be given away over the Wii (which I don't have...) But the rom of the demo will be released just like the Guardian Signs demo won't it?
Old January 13th, 2011, 03:02 AM
Hoenn
» Just a cat and mouse game
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
It's a shame that it's only in America, I knew it woudn't come to Europe though, but like I said, hopefully if new information is revealed i.e English names of Pokémon, Towns, Moves ect. then it will be leaked online within hours after.
With the demos I don't think they'll be on a ROM, they'll just be avaliable at the Event like they did with HG/SS people uploaded videos to Youtube of the Demos which were videos of them playing at the event.
Heck, it will be starting in February 5th so the games will be less than a month a way from release anyway.
I do remember, however demos being held in my home town, this was 2 weeks prior to HG/SS's release.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here