Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page The Power of the King [Code Geass Fan Club]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old January 25th, 2011 (08:25 PM). Edited February 14th, 2011 by Stormbringer.
Super ModeratorBSCS

Nature: Adamant

Code Geass

Welcome to PC's official fan club for Code Geass!

For those of you unfamiliar with the series:

Spoiler:

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ, Kōdo Giasu: Hangyaku no Rurūshu?), often referred to as simply Code Geass, is a Japanese anime series created by Sunrise, directed by Gorō Taniguchi, and written by Ichirō Ōkouchi, with original character designs by Clamp.

Code Geass first ran in Japan on MBS from October 5, 2006, to July 28, 2007. Its sequel series, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 (コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュR2, Kōdo Giasu Hangyaku no Rurūshu Āru Tsū?), ran on MBS and TBS from April 6, 2008 to September 28, 2008.[2][3] Both seasons have won several awards at the Tokyo International Anime Fair,[4] Animage Anime Grand Prix, and Animation Kobe event.[5]

Plot

The series is set after Japan's conquest by the Holy Britannian Empire on August 10, 2010 a.t.b., with their powerful new robot weapons, the Knightmare Frames, stripping Japan and its citizens of all rights and freedoms and renaming the country Area 11. The titular Lelouch vi Britannia is an intellectual Britannian prince who was sent as hostage, along with his sister Nunnally, by his father, Emperor Charles zi Britannia, after his mother was murdered, and has vowed to destroy Britannia. He gains an ability through the mysterious power of the Geass, becoming the leader of the resistance movement to fulfill his two wishes: to seek revenge for his mother and to construct a world in which his beloved sister Nunnally can live happily.

Setting

Code Geass is set in an alternate universe where three superpowers, the Holy Britannian Empire, the Chinese Federation, and the Euro Universe have divided the world between them (with the exception of an independent Australia) and maintain a tentative balance for the first part of the series. The balance shifts in the second season as the E.U. has much of its territory conquered by Britannia while Lelouch engineers a revolution in the Chinese Federation and creates a new alliance of countries, the United Federation of Nations, reducing the number of superpowers to two.

Holy Britannian Empire

The Holy Britannian Empire (神聖ブリタニア帝国, Shinsei Buritania Teikoku?) is an imperial monarchy and the most prominent superpower within the world of Code Geass, controlling over one-third of the world at the start of the series, based in North America with Pendragon, located in Texas near the Gulf Coast, as its capital. Britannian society is an aristocracy run according to a caricature of Social Darwinism, with a hierarchy of competing nobles at the top and the peoples of conquered territories (referred to either by their area number or as "Numbers") living in poverty or as unequal Honorary Britannians.

During season one, the Britannian Empire controls the entire Western Hemisphere (both American continents), New Zealand, and recently conquered Japan, as well as the recently conquered "Area 18"[6] in the Middle East region. During season two, Britannia successfully conquers about half of the rival "Euro Universe" superpower; taking over France, Spain, the western half of Africa, and Russia.[7]

The series' history diverges with Julius Caesar's invasion, when a Celtic "super-king" is elected (similar to the Arverni chieftain Vercingetorix), who successfully resisted the invasion and began the Britannian imperial line of absolute monarchy (referred to in the establishment of the Britannian calendar era, "Ascension Throne Britannia" (a.t.b) or the Imperial Calendar in the English dub, fifty five years earlier than the Gregorian calendar).
Japan

Japan is the source of over 70% of the world's supply of the high energy mineral sakuradite. Britannia conquered it to gain control over that mineral. Japan was renamed Area 11 under Britannian rule. Through his alter-ego, Zero, Lelouch attempts to restore Japan's independence as the "United States of Japan", as a step in his quest to overthrow Britannia.
Chinese Federation

The Chinese Federation (中華連邦, Chūka Renpō?) is an imperial monarchy that spans the Asian and Pacific regions, including Central, South, East, and Southeast Asia, with Sakhalin and the Korean Peninsula and is the most populous (and poverty-stricken)... of the three superpowers.

Its political structure and organization appears to resemble the former Empire of China, with the Emperor regarded as a living divinity and holding absolute political power, though under Empress Tianzi, it has been reduced to a figurehead for the advisory "High Eunuchs" (大宦官, Dai Kangan?) (similar to the feudal era Emperors of Japan). The Vermilion Forbidden City (朱禁城, Shu Kinjō?) is the seat of the Chinese Emperor and the government of the Federation is a large palace situated in the capital city of Luoyang.

In the first season, the Chinese Federation attempts unsuccessfully to invade Japan on the pretext of "liberation" using exiled former Japanese officials. The resistance movement in India lends Zero's Black Knights their lead weapons designer, Rakshata, in hopes that an independent Japan will in return aide them in gaining independence from China. In the second season, a Chinese consulate is established with the agreement of the local Britannian authorities and negotiations are held by Eunuch Gao Hai to the end of obtaining a solid Chinese foothold within the colony. After the Black Knights are exiled from Japan, they are granted control of Horai Island (蓬萊島?), a fictional artificial land mass built off the coast of China to generate electricity through tidal activity. The Black Knights destabilize and overthrow the government, returning control to the Empress. Shortly after, the Federation collapses and its former member states are incorporated into the new United Federation of Nations.
Euro Universe

The Euro Universe (ユーロ・ユニバース, Yūro Yunibāsu?), or E.U., is a democratic union encompassing all of Europe (including Great Britain), Africa, and Russia, which has been long in conflict with Britannia. In the second season, Schneizel leads the Britannian forces against the E.U., successfully conquering almost half of their territory, including Portugal, Spain, France, half of Africa, and the whole of Russia.[8] Following this, former member nations Italy, Austria, and Poland (among others) join the forty-seven founding nations of the United Federation of Nations, leaving only Great Britain, Ireland, Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Ukraine, Belarus and an area of Africa near the Congo.
United Federation of Nations

Following the collapse of the E.U. and the uprising in the Chinese Federation, most of the remaining territories not under Britannian control join forces and form the United Federation of Nations, a new coalition used by Lelouch to counter the Empire's advance as the sole other superpower. The U.F.N. flag is a white dove with three circles merging at the point where the wings and body meet, over a yellow background.

The U.F.N. is composed of forty-seven countries spread across parts of Central and Eastern Europe, Eastern Africa, and the majority of the Asian continent. Decisions in the U.F.N. are determined by a two-thirds majority vote by the leaders of each country, with the population of each country determining their voting percentage. The individual armies of the member nations are abolished and replaced by a new supranational military force under the Black Knights' control.

Rules

1. Standard forum-wide PC rules and Other Clubs rules apply
2. Use spoilers for newer content, if applicable
3. No disrespectful or inappropriate posting and/or behavior

Member List

1. Livewire466
2. Otherworld9)
3. Regeneration
4. Rasencero
5. -Lapras-
6. Hiinotama
7. Bay Alexson
8. Jack O' Neil

Discussion Point

For those who have finished the series, did you feel that Lelouch's actions were justified? Was it worth it, in the end?, all the people who died over the course of the series?

Who is your favorite character and why?

Favorite Knightmare Frame and why?

Geass- Related Media

If you have any future ideas for the club, then contact me or post them here!

Go talk about all things Code Geass!

Old January 26th, 2011 (07:33 PM).
Bard of Rage

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
A Code Geass Club at last. May I join?
-Otherworld9)
-I started watching Code Geass not long ago on Netflix....so I believe I stopped in Code geass R2, so I know I am way behind now....and I don't feel like skipping part one and two of R2 to 3, or else I wouldn't get anything.
-Sorry, I'll finish the series soon to post my opinion!
Old January 27th, 2011 (02:10 AM).
meow
Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
I'm joining in right away!~

For those who have finished the series, did you feel that Lelouch's actions were justified? Was it worth it, in the end?, all the people who died over the course of the series?
Spoiler:
I was really puzzled by Lelouch's actions towards the end of R2. From what I could understand of it, his actions were completely unjustified. Even if he wanted Suzaku to be Zero in the end, what was all that mindless slaughter for?
Old January 27th, 2011 (07:55 AM).
MWOEHAHAHA!!!

Awesome!
It has been quite a while since I saw it though.
Like two years ago. I don't remember everything exactly.
Btw, there was supposed to be a new Code Geass (R3?) anime project around this time. With a new story or something. Does someone know anything about it?

Also, there are several manga of CG, with some being an alternate world.
(Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Suzaku of the Counterattack, Nightmare of Nunnally, Tales of an Alternate Shogunate)

Spoiler:
"In late 2009, Bandai announced a new project greenlit for 2010. It is going to involve the simultaneous release of multiple products. A manga, titled Code Geass: Renya of Darkness (コードギアス 漆黒の連夜 Kōdo Giasu: Shikkoku no Renya?), is the first product announced. The story takes place in the same official Code Geass history as the anime, but in a different era. The title character, Renya, is a 17-year-old boy with a mechanical left arm and shuriken throwing stars as his weapons of choice. The story begins when Renya encounters a mysterious, perpetually young witch named "Reifū C.C." C.C. has appeared in Japan's historical Edo era to seek a new partner for a covenant. Meanwhile, a mysterious man, with a striking resemblance to the character Lelouch of the original anime, also appears with unknown intentions. Director Goro Taniguchi is scripting the story, which is meant to be another part of the official Code Geass history. It began publication in the May issue of Shōnen Ace."

Spoiler:
His actions led to a better world and I quite liked how the overall ended. But for such a smart guy, Lelouch could have still made it work without him having to die. Maybe he sought redemption by his own death and leaving the world as his legacy.

Old January 27th, 2011 (08:09 AM).
Banned

Nature: Gentle
Joins, reallt loved both series.

I'm a fan of the anti-hero so i'm totally on Lulu's side. Chaotic good> Lawful good.
Old January 27th, 2011 (08:42 AM). Edited January 27th, 2011 by ナギ.
P r e p a r e .

ee, a CG fanclub! i am in.
if you don't mind.

i've to say it's been quite a while since i saw it, and i saw it in a marathon with friends (both seasons, yes. not on the same day tho.)
... so i dont remember it toooo well. XD;

but as for the discussion..
Spoiler:

LULU'S EFFORT: WORTH IT?
i've to say i found it genius. i did NOT see it coming, what he had planned out, until the last few minutes when Suzaku showed up as Zero. it was sheer genius. XD;
he wanted to unite the world.. and he completely succeeded.

and i really don't think he intended on killing those people.. but after the initial plan failed (what with Eufie's killing intent..) Zero had no choice but to become the bad guy i think .
Old January 27th, 2011 (09:02 AM).
Banned

I thought the stadium scene was brilliant, when I saw the eye contact I was actually in shock.

Spoiler:

This sort of scene was the only thing R2 was missing (it got moved to a prime time spot i believe)
Old January 27th, 2011 (09:27 AM).
Absolutes do not exist

Nature: Sassy
Oh, a Code Geass Club? Count me in! :3 I watched the whole anime series a couple years ago, but I kinda fell off from the fandom so I might forget a few things here and there. I have friends from an IRC that still talks about Code Geass, so I'm getting interested again. And yeah, I'm wondering about R3 too. XD;

Spoiler:
I think it's justified. To me, Lelouch knows this has to happen and he has to be hated in order for this "Zero Requiem" to work. Oddly enough, Lelouch and Suzaku talking about the Zero Requiem at the end is my favorite part of the series, haha.

As for the deaths, I think some of them are unintentional too, but even some well thought out plans will leave unexpected results. That's all I'm going to say on that. XD

And Lapras, oh dang that stadium scene. Very intense stuff there. ;_;

"Probability is just probability, after all... Absolutes do not exist."
moderator of Fanfiction and Writing
Check out PokeCommunity's DeviantArt Group! You can submit your writings there too!
staff collab july 2015
Old January 27th, 2011 (12:42 PM).
Super ModeratorBSCS

Quote originally posted by Regeneration:
I'm joining in right away!~

Spoiler:
I was really puzzled by Lelouch's actions towards the end of R2. From what I could understand of it, his actions were completely unjustified. Even if he wanted Suzaku to be Zero in the end, what was all that mindless slaughter for?
Spoiler:

I think it was justified, because Lelouch knowingly sacrificed himself, as atonement for what he did, and to bring about his vision of a better world. Yeah, lots of people died, but that's warfare. It's not pretty. Plus, his world was so engulfed by warfare, hatred, and bloodshed (mostly from Britannia) that answering violence with violence was really the only option in order to change things. Like, the old "fight fire with fire" euphemism applies very well here.
Old January 27th, 2011 (04:58 PM).
Bard of Rage

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
Quote originally posted by RASENCERO:
Awesome!
It has been quite a while since I saw it though.
Like two years ago. I don't remember everything exactly.
Btw, there was supposed to be a new Code Geass (R3?) anime project around this time. With a new story or something. Does someone know anything about it?

Also, there are several manga of CG, with some being an alternate world.
(Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Suzaku of the Counterattack, Nightmare of Nunnally, Tales of an Alternate Shogunate)
I believe I remember seeing such a thing, but it is kind of blurry since it was way back somewhere around 2009, or maybe the beginning of 2010....I can't seem to make it out of plain memory. I do remember them mentioning Code Geass though....
Old January 27th, 2011 (06:09 PM).
Super ModeratorBSCS

Quote originally posted by Otherworld9):
I believe I remember seeing such a thing, but it is kind of blurry since it was way back somewhere around 2009, or maybe the beginning of 2010....I can't seem to make it out of plain memory. I do remember them mentioning Code Geass though....
You should re-watch it then. :D I found that I missed some things the first time through, and after watching it again I noticed more details and picked up on other things I missed the first time around. ;)
Old January 27th, 2011 (06:37 PM).
Exiled to Siberia

Nature: Rash
A Code Geass club?

"I don't find my name tasteful next to Shanghai Alice."
-STRATOS99
Old January 27th, 2011 (07:37 PM).
Super ModeratorBSCS

Quote originally posted by -Lapras-:
I thought the stadium scene was brilliant, when I saw the eye contact I was actually in shock.

Spoiler:

This sort of scene was the only thing R2 was missing (it got moved to a prime time spot i believe)
That was a pretty intense part of the anime, no doubt there. Right up there with the Human Transmutation scene in FMA, in my opinion.
Old January 27th, 2011 (08:27 PM).
Exiled to Siberia

Nature: Rash
I laughed my head off at Euphemia. It was hilarious, for some reason.

Anyway. Geass was... amazing. It had the right mix of sheer absurdity, sheer awesomeness, and... sheer win at life in general.

"I don't find my name tasteful next to Shanghai Alice."
-STRATOS99
Old January 27th, 2011 (09:40 PM).
Banned

Anime needs more moe massacres.
Old January 27th, 2011 (09:49 PM).
Super ModeratorBSCS

Quote originally posted by Shanghai Alice:
I laughed my head off at Euphemia. It was hilarious, for some reason.

Anyway. Geass was... amazing. It had the right mix of sheer absurdity, sheer awesomeness, and... sheer win at life in general.
Not to mention gratuitous fanservice.. i.e, Kallen Kozuki. ;)

I find that Suzaku supplies a lot of the absurdity, because evidently Physics doesn't apply for him.
Old January 28th, 2011 (02:18 AM).
meow
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Live_Wire466:

Spoiler:

I think it was justified, because Lelouch knowingly sacrificed himself, as atonement for what he did, and to bring about his vision of a better world. Yeah, lots of people died, but that's warfare. It's not pretty. Plus, his world was so engulfed by warfare, hatred, and bloodshed (mostly from Britannia) that answering violence with violence was really the only option in order to change things. Like, the old "fight fire with fire" euphemism applies very well here.
I'll still be disagreeing with that. Violence is not the answer to violence. One thing I'd like to point out here is that Lelouch often used his Geass to order people to kill themselves or others, while he could have simply used Geass to ask them not to interfere in whatever he wanted to do. When non-violence is an option, using brute force is completely inhumane and unjustified.
Old January 28th, 2011 (03:54 AM).
Bard of Rage

I'll still be disagreeing with that. Violence is not the answer to violence. One thing I'd like to point out here is that Lelouch often used his Geass to order people to kill themselves or others, while he could have simply used Geass to ask them not to interfere in whatever he wanted to do. When non-violence is an option, using brute force is completely inhumane and unjustified.
I agree in that he could've instead ordered them to not infere or some of the sort, but sometimes violence is necessary. Like people say, fight fire with fire, unless you have water. XD The Britannia wouldn't have responded to his peaceful tactics, so he used violent tactics to turn everything the way he wanted it to be, a world better than the one before.
Old January 28th, 2011 (05:53 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

CG Fan Club?
I order you to sign me :D
As for the topic question:

Spoiler:
I think they were... and Lelou did the right thing. I mean... he was able to make world peaceful... at least for some time =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 28th, 2011 (10:06 PM).
Super ModeratorBSCS

But had he gone down the non-violent route, then Britannia would have just had him killed anyways, and they would have conquered everything. In the world that was so indentured in violence and hatred, it was the only path to take. I think in Code Geass, it's asking to choose between evils, Britannia or Lelouch, and it makes the "which evil is greater" point early on, I think Lelouch specifically mentions that in the first few episodes.
Old January 29th, 2011 (12:47 AM).
Banned

Nature: Quiet
Oh look, it's a Code Geass fanclub. Sign me up, I suppose.

As for the current discussion point:
Spoiler:
Lelouch's actions up to his assumption of the Britannian throne were perfectly justifiable. Violence and deceit were his only options, and he made use of them.

The Zero Requiem, on the other hand, was just plain stupid. Lelouch focusing the world's hatred on himself and then committing suicide in the most over-the-top manner possible would have only secured complete peace for only a few months at the very most. Leave a massive power vacuum like he did, and people will try to fill it. Violently. Needless to say, there were better ways for Lelouch to secure the peace he so desired; apparently, just being a benevolent emperor wasn't good enough for him.

Of course, Lelouch wouldn't have had to go through with the Zero Requiem if the Black Knights hadn't been stupid enough to actually trust Schneizel. Nothing that happened after the nuking of the Tokyo Settlement really made any sense.
Old January 29th, 2011 (02:14 AM).
meow
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Live_Wire466:

But had he gone down the non-violent route, then Britannia would have just had him killed anyways, and they would have conquered everything. In the world that was so indentured in violence and hatred, it was the only path to take. I think in Code Geass, it's asking to choose between evils, Britannia or Lelouch, and it makes the "which evil is greater" point early on, I think Lelouch specifically mentions that in the first few episodes.
I'll buy that. xD

But Lelouch is a genius! We've seen his strategies in action in the battlefield, he couldn't have thought of anything better than to have the whole world hate him in the end?
Old January 29th, 2011 (02:53 AM).
Banned

Nature: Quiet
But Lelouch is a genius! We've seen his strategies in action in the battlefield, he couldn't have thought of anything better than to have the whole world hate him in the end?
Lelouch was driven mad by Nunnally's supposed death and the betrayal of the Black Knights. It's pretty hard to think rationally when you've been punted far past the despair event horizon.

Of course, how the Black Knights betrayed Lelouch was just plain bad writing. Again, nothing that happened after the nuking of Tokyo really made any sense.

As for Lelouch's leadership abilities, he may be a tactical genius and an expert at reading people's motives, but his management skills are just plain horrible. The Black Knights' command structure was severely flawed in that it was too centralized; without Lelouch to micromanage their every move, the Black Knights ceased to be a cohesive fighting force.
Old January 30th, 2011 (12:38 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Outcome is always decided by real-time tactic not strategy, isn't that right :D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old February 1st, 2011 (11:09 AM).
MWOEHAHAHA!!!

Not necessarily. If you are able to understand all variables and calculate the effect of the factors which would have a significant influence on your strategy and adjust for the possibilities that might change the outcome, real-time tactics would do much. Realistically this isn't very probable, but Lelouch seems to have an superhuman skill to do so. (Without having serious mental problems, besides the whole "must massacre for world peace" part.)

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)