Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 25th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Nature: Naughty
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™

Advertise here
Right, I'll say this one time and one time only. I speak for myself and not linkanzelda, but everytime an argument kicks off, I'll personally hold hack an update and won't show it. You guys are meant to be supporting us and the hack, fighting and arguing does not help. I've had enough with Pokémon hacking as it is and the only reason I still work on this with linkandzelda is because of the support we get, the popularity and scale of the hack. This is going to be the last hack I work on.

I'm not being aggressive, I'm just telling you guys how it is, be patient and all will be good. I doubt you want another glitchy beta right? No asking for beta's in future, no arguments. This needs to be an argument-free update thread.

By all means you guys can post your opinions, just don't create arguments.

We'll release beta 3.1 when we're good and ready. As for the tiles, they won't be changed this beta as you haven't even played the game which is featured from the screenshots. Tiles will be changed for Beta 4 but not for 3.1.

I'll have something to show in the next few days, but until then - Play nice.

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
Old May 25th, 2011, 11:25 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Hey guys i need help?
When i reach lavender town and solve the zapdos problem our friend with a black sprite z waiting for us outside the radio tower to battle with us but whenever i talk with him to battle the screen goes black and the game freezez. Can anyone tel whts the problem. Also due to that two trainerz at cerulean outpost are nt letting me go to the cerulean city and keep saying to go back to lavender town. I m playng it on my mobile via vbag. Hoping fr the answer.
Old May 25th, 2011, 11:45 AM
pabioxxx
Unhatched Egg

You must wait some time and game should "freeze off" or you can copy your save and load it in VBA on your cpu...
Old May 25th, 2011, 03:47 PM
lukasz_pro
Saiyan Prince

Nature: Hardy
the grass animation will be changet ? i mean if i enter grass it change to "older"
how about higher pokemons lvl ? like shiny gold and shiny gold X ?
those in 2.1 or unoficial 3 are too weak ;/

sry for bad english

ps. "The new tree looks nice, but I think you should keep the current tree"
i aggre , new grass is very nice :D , current tree looks great

Last edited by lukasz_pro; May 28th, 2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old May 29th, 2011, 08:26 PM
NTA
Where?

Nature: Adamant
Its been a long time since I've seen this :D
Still love the title screen and cant wait for some great updates!

Old May 30th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Utuber649
Pokemon Guardian

I cannot Wait For Beta 3.1! By the way. LinkandZelda If you are reading This. I am Supporting your hack in my signature.

And One question. Will you insert the themes you missed. Cause The only themes that were not on the game is Legendary dogs battle,National park?Thanks.
[FONT="Cabin Sketch"]Check Out my Youtube Channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/Utuber649

Click Them

Hacks I support

Old May 30th, 2011, 12:03 PM
ChaosBringer41

So far, so good.

Looking forward to the next update, wish I was this good.
Old May 30th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Not finished this, or anywhere close (shading and matching the outline to certain shades will take a while) but here's the new title Suicune sprite and title logo.

Once it's done all done, I'll do a mock up of the new title - It should look better than the old one.

Might actually get other people to sort out a titlescreen patch. If not then I'll do it myself, depending on my free time.

Last edited by Zeikku™; May 30th, 2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old May 30th, 2011, 06:46 PM
NTA
Where?

Aw, thought you would be sticking with the older titlescreen the whole time...
Can't wait to see how the new one will look :D

Old May 31st, 2011, 07:22 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTA View Post
Aw, thought you would be sticking with the older titlescreen the whole time...
Can't wait to see how the new one will look :D
Nope the first one, was actually meant to just be a rough one. It only took 10 minutes to make the current titlescreen xD.

Updates:

No more weird looking Charizard's Credits to Crosell and myself. No stealing please.

Old May 31st, 2011, 08:38 AM
Barbie Jean
Community Supporter

That Charizard Sprite looks real good Zeikku. I also think the title screen will look awsome with the Suicune Sprite you made.

Old May 31st, 2011, 12:10 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

That charizard sprite looks awesome!
When beta is released Im'a get a charizard just to see that xD
gone.
Old May 31st, 2011, 02:10 PM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

I'm literally just making everything and inserting them in the next few weeks. I still need to work out a background for the title screen . Once I do everything, I'll make a mock up .

For now, what Pokémon sprites need changing? ONLY pokémon - Do not say ALL. Name the ones that just need to be changed. If you can't think of any, look in the Pokédex in the Liquid Crystal ROM. Charizard was the most hated so I did that first. .

Old May 31st, 2011, 02:45 PM
rawpower
Beginning Trainer

Hey I just recently got back into the pokemon games when me and my friends decided to play pokemon on our music trip in the bus. It turns out there's a reason I played Ruby so much in the fourth grade. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for making this hack, I haven't downloaded it yet(waiting for 3.1), but it looks pretty good. Since I only played the GBA generation pokemon games I never really got a chance at the Johto pokemon, and yet Tyrannitar is still my favorite pokemon.

Something I wanted to ask/request though, is that if all the pokemon up through the Ruby/sapphire/emerald pokemon are gonna be in it? Even the legendarys and the starters? Also all the Johto starters. Because in Shiny Gold you can't get all the johto starters you just get the one. I think that the other two starters should be a prize for completing the rest of the pokedex or something. That would be cool, then every last pokemon would be catchable. Anyway good luck on finishing this thing!
Old May 31st, 2011, 03:48 PM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawpower View Post
Hey I just recently got back into the pokemon games when me and my friends decided to play pokemon on our music trip in the bus. It turns out there's a reason I played Ruby so much in the fourth grade. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for making this hack, I haven't downloaded it yet(waiting for 3.1), but it looks pretty good. Since I only played the GBA generation pokemon games I never really got a chance at the Johto pokemon, and yet Tyrannitar is still my favorite pokemon.

Something I wanted to ask/request though, is that if all the pokemon up through the Ruby/sapphire/emerald pokemon are gonna be in it? Even the legendarys and the starters? Also all the Johto starters. Because in Shiny Gold you can't get all the johto starters you just get the one. I think that the other two starters should be a prize for completing the rest of the pokedex or something. That would be cool, then every last pokemon would be catchable. Anyway good luck on finishing this thing!
386 Pokémon are included from Kanto to Hoenn. So you have nothing to worry about .

Old May 31st, 2011, 04:21 PM
Utuber649
Pokemon Guardian

I cannot Wait For Beta 3.1! By the way. I am Supporting this hack in my signature.

And One question. Will you insert the themes you missed. Cause The only themes that were not on the game is Legendary dogs battle,National park?Thanks.

I cannot Wait For Beta 3.1! By the way. I am Supporting this hack in my signature.

Sorry.I kind of posted the same thing twice.
[FONT="Cabin Sketch"]Check Out my Youtube Channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/Utuber649

Click Them

Hacks I support

Last edited by Utuber649; May 31st, 2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 31st, 2011, 04:57 PM
simadons
Imagine

Besides a few quirks, like sand storms in a middle of the town, this is pretty fun and uses Fire Red's functionality pretty nicely... the tile work is simply amazing. Can't wait to see this baby with day and night! Thanks for all the hard work!
Member since July 29th, 2006
I stay on the Down Low
Old June 1st, 2011, 02:00 AM
pabioxxx
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeikku™ View Post
I'm literally just making everything and inserting them in the next few weeks. I still need to work out a background for the title screen . Once I do everything, I'll make a mock up .

For now, what Pokémon sprites need changing? ONLY pokémon - Do not say ALL. Name the ones that just need to be changed. If you can't think of any, look in the Pokédex in the Liquid Crystal ROM. Charizard was the most hated so I did that first. .
In my opinion:
Charmander
Nidorino
Nidoking

And if it's possible graveler and golem backs...
Old June 1st, 2011, 03:08 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Well guys I too am back :). I took a short break due to college and other stuff, but now i'm back working on LC again. I'm in the testing stage at the end of Johto so a lot of things have been fixed and improved for beta 3.1.

As for 3.1, it will go up to the end of the first island on the Orange Islands, so not much progress done since 2.1, 3.1 is more of an improved version of whats already in the hack, working more for the final release. I must say I was slacking a lot over the past 2 years with some lack of motivation here and there so i'm not best pleased about the progress and amount of work done on LC over the 2 years. I wanted to get a lot more done but its still a great update to look forward too :)

Heres a short plan of action for what needs to be done for the release:

Finish testing up to the end of the first island. Currently on route 46 heading towards the league.
Fix all the bugs which I find along the way.
Add in some changes to the hack, such as tweaks and some story changes.
Add in the extra graphics.
Do the final testing for the beta 3.1

Thats all of it in a nutshell. One of the things on that list, is a pseudo Pokégear. A Pokégear i plan on making which will provide the underlining functionality through the use of a script. This would then be changed and hopefully made into the real thing for the next beta, or the final release.

Another extra includes a revamped weather system. Some of you might of noticed for the 3.0 that i nummed the weather down making it less random and more consistent. Well now with the use of the Day/Night I will be making a more seasonable weather system which is based on the seasons in the UK. This means it will be more common to snow during the winter, more sunny in the summer etc. So, also means no sandstorms which i'm sure messed with peoples battle strategy a bit.

There will be more new music including the missing mixes such as legendary battles for the birds, the dogs and more. Other themes missing like the national park will be added, and infact already are in the new beta along with over 10 over new mixes, with more planned.

The other thing I would like to inform people of, is the new difficulty level in the game. I found the old Crystal to be too easy, so for 2.1 i raised most of the levels by 2-5 levels from the original. Well even that I found to be too hard so I've now raised them higher up to another 20 levels in places. For example on route 46 theres a Hiker which has a load of level 15 Pokémon, i raised them all to level 35 which is a 20 level increase over the rest. Now I should note that people who have had a taste of the new levels, have said its very hard. When i do the final testing, these levels might be lowered just a little depending on how the final test goes.

Regarding compatibility for other emulators, those key areas (releasing the dogs, opening stats page, the static battles, silver battle) theres no reason they would cause errors, making it much harder to actually fix them. The emulator I will be working closely with is gameboid for android phones which uses the gba_bios.bin. Working with that would most likely solve the problem with all other emulators that use gba_bios.bin as they all work from the same bios file.

I will also say regarding the planned events in the Orange Islands. Don't expect an anime remake of the same storyline. The teaser up to the first gym from 2.1 might of implied that it would be, but that event is just to start it off and to get the player to go to the Orange Islands. The rest of the Orange Islands, there will be a total of 5 in the hack, will contain some of the main events from the anime but the main plot will be fan made. Just to inform people of that once again.

The release date, most people want to hear right now is planned for.. I'll say again "planned" and, once more 'planned' for the summer holidays. Anything could happen since then but, to be truly honest not much is needed to be done on the hack for the beta 3.1 release.

So until then, keep patient, happy and no more arguments ;)
Old June 1st, 2011, 03:23 AM
Darkerm
Darkness is Not always Evil

Nature: Gentle
Welcome back. I like the idea of Pokégear. BTW, don't you think you increased the level a it much?
whatever, waiting for beta 3.1.
Good luck

"My Hack"

Banner By "YAS"
Old June 1st, 2011, 03:44 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabioxxx View Post
In my opinion:
Charmander
Nidorino
Nidoking

And if it's possible graveler and golem backs...

Done - Expect them in Beta 3.1.

Old June 1st, 2011, 04:02 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkerm View Post
Welcome back. I like the idea of Pokégear. BTW, don't you think you increased the level a it much?
whatever, waiting for beta 3.1.
Good luck
Well, the level go up higher throughout the game. This starts from after you get to route 30 to do the first trainer battle. From then falkner is around level 11 and level 14, then from then on about 5 levels raised. I felt that the end levels and like having jasmin at level 26 for olivine was too low. Claire is in the 40+ range with the league going to be 50s most likely. Then Kanto trainers will start at about 45+. The idea is for balance them out over the hack making them harder at the same time. Its rather an experiment though.

Link
Old June 1st, 2011, 05:57 AM
Jishkah
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
Regarding compatibility for other emulators, those key areas (releasing the dogs, opening stats page, the static battles, silver battle) theres no reason they would cause errors, making it much harder to actually fix them. The emulator I will be working closely with is gameboid for android phones which uses the gba_bios.bin. Working with that would most likely solve the problem with all other emulators that use gba_bios.bin as they all work from the same bios file.
Gameboid? Ewe, don't support the app developer by downloading his emulators - he steals work from other people without giving due credit, and does it for personal profit.

Regardless. It's nice that you're working for compatibility in Android emulators; however, I was playing the game in Tiger GBA, and the game froze as soon as I walked up to the legendary dogs. :\ I hadn't saved for at least three hours, too, so I lost a lot of work - however, I save-stated while the game was frozen. Obviously not expecting to recover from it... but it's a possibility.

Regardless, you're doing an awesome job, putting so much dedication into a hobby. We need more people like you and the developing team. keep up the good work; I'll be following progress closely. :P
Old June 1st, 2011, 06:09 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jishkah View Post
Gameboid? Ewe, don't support the app developer by downloading his emulators - he steals work from other people without giving due credit, and does it for personal profit.

Regardless. It's nice that you're working for compatibility in Android emulators; however, I was playing the game in Tiger GBA, and the game froze as soon as I walked up to the legendary dogs. :\ I hadn't saved for at least three hours, too, so I lost a lot of work - however, I save-stated while the game was frozen. Obviously not expecting to recover from it... but it's a possibility.

Regardless, you're doing an awesome job, putting so much dedication into a hobby. We need more people like you and the developing team. keep up the good work; I'll be following progress closely. :P
Steals others work are you positive? Got proof? Because they are the best emulators on the market by far... I'm not supporting him either as i'm not paying just using the lite version, half support hehe.
Old June 1st, 2011, 06:15 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

I've never played this hack so I don't know if the Kanto wild Pokemon are still at their extremely low levels [as they were in Crystal]. But I was just wondering if you're going to bump them up at all?
The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here