The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 8th, 2012, 02:58 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2www View Post
it's the same live beta,,
still time problem,,it's one day behind!!
I think i downloaded the wrong rom!! ⢌
The time problem? There should never of been a time problem. If it's one day behind you select that the time is wrong. Then it shifts it for you. It's because of how the emulators give the days to the ROM, each is different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by string3r View Post
Yeah, it seems that your link still takes us to the 3.1 update.
And what makes you think it is? The beginning text will still say 3.2, because I forgot to change it. I just changed it to say 3.2 so you know it's the correct ROM. Either way you won't notice a difference between the 2 ROMs apart from your old .sav file saying it's corrupted.
Old June 8th, 2012, 03:56 AM
string3r
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
The time problem? There should never of been a time problem. If it's one day behind you select that the time is wrong. Then it shifts it for you. It's because of how the emulators give the days to the ROM, each is different.

And what makes you think it is? The beginning text will still say 3.2, because I forgot to change it. I just changed it to say 3.2 so you know it's the correct ROM. Either way you won't notice a difference between the 2 ROMs apart from your old .sav file saying it's corrupted.
Nevermind, I must have downloaded the wrong rom because it said it was still 3.1 in the intro text. I just patched a clean rom and it says it's 3.2 now
Old June 8th, 2012, 06:13 AM
a2www
Beginning Trainer

R yu sure it says 3.2,,cuz mine still says 3.1!!
Ok now it 3.2:-)

Last edited by a2www; June 8th, 2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old June 8th, 2012, 09:45 AM
lukasz_pro
Saiyan Prince

Nature: Hardy
LAZ plz can u say something new about platinium origins ?
Old June 8th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasz_pro View Post
LAZ plz can u say something new about platinium origins ?
Not to do any backseat moderation, but this is not the place to ask these questions. LaZ has both twitter and Facebook, and there is an official Page for both LC and PO. Please ask over there instead. (For what it's worth, no. There's nothing new to say about it since we're concentrating on finishing LC first).

Now, on topic. The looping bug with New Bark Town's music has finally been fixed in the latest version. Hope you enjoy this!
Old June 8th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Diversity=anoldoldwoodenship
Beginning Trainer

I'm having a huge problem the entire southern region on Kanto is completely glitched and inaccessible the game just freezes ! I'm using the latest beta and everything ? any suggestions ?
Old June 8th, 2012, 01:03 PM
lukasz_pro
Saiyan Prince

Nature: Hardy
up : ok thx :D

http://linkandzelda.com/pokemon-emerald-dreams/ looks amazing !!! , cant wait for first beta :D
Old June 8th, 2012, 08:00 PM
a2www
Beginning Trainer

Now it seems buggless to mee!!
Best hack ever :-)
Old June 8th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Charizardguy

Hi there I have encountered the problem where the game freezes as you approach the legendary dogs in Burnt Tower.

I have been playing on my phone using VGBA. I understand the solution to fixing it is by playing it on VBA on my computer, and then transferring the file back. I am unable to do this. Are there any other solutions?
Old June 8th, 2012, 11:01 PM
a2www
Beginning Trainer

@charizardguy,,yur using which phone,,trying replacing bios file and restarting the game!!
I too face the problem,,but after two or three tries it worked and now i can play it!!
Old June 9th, 2012, 09:38 AM
0shawott
Togepi

I can't seem to open the Liquid Crystal .gba in AdvanceMap, I get the following error: '(EStringListError) List index (121) out of bounds'
I want to do this because I wanted to give the Name Rater script to someone in Violet City (where I am up to at the moment) so I can change the name of my Pokémon. (I would use a save editor but the only one I know of is Enciclopedia, which creates a corrupt .sav) Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old June 9th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
I can't download the file. It keeps saying,"Slow Down! You are trying to download files too quickly. You must wait (number of seconds/minutes) before you may download another file." And I haven't downloaded anything.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old June 9th, 2012, 12:48 PM
buzil
Beginning Trainer

Laz, I doubt you will ever read this, but thanks so much for this amazing hack. It's so full of secrets and new areas and it all feels legitimate. I haven't been as immersed in a pokemon game since R/B/Y. It's an amazing remake. You did alot of credit to crystal, and I would go as far as to say all your additional dungeons, wild pokemon and plotlines have vastly improved upon it.
Old June 9th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Charizardguy

My issue somehow solved itself. I just kept retrying and eventually I got past it.

Anyone managed to find the water stone dealer yet?
Old June 9th, 2012, 09:47 PM
a2www
Beginning Trainer

I think the daycare center does not work!!
Both the man and lady says the same sentense and does not take any pokemon!!
I tried many times but still the same.

Ohh damn what i just saw,,
it was snowing,,can't believe my eyes,
i got out from the house of the man who tells about stat,at the northern gate of goldenrod city and it was snowing!!
Wow saw it first time :-D

Last edited by a2www; June 10th, 2012 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 10th, 2012, 04:18 AM
KaneTheFlesheater
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0shawott View Post
I can't seem to open the Liquid Crystal .gba in AdvanceMap, I get the following error: '(EStringListError) List index (121) out of bounds'
I want to do this because I wanted to give the Name Rater script to someone in Violet City (where I am up to at the moment) so I can change the name of my Pokémon. (I would use a save editor but the only one I know of is Enciclopedia, which creates a corrupt .sav) Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
You have to use the earlier version of AdvanceMap. I forgot the exact number, but when you use the toolpack (name of which I also forgot) there are two versions of AMap to use, you have to use the older one.
Old June 10th, 2012, 06:50 AM
0shawott
Togepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneTheFlesheater View Post
You have to use the earlier version of AdvanceMap. I forgot the exact number, but when you use the toolpack (name of which I also forgot) there are two versions of AMap to use, you have to use the older one.
Thanks for your help, I'd never heard of Pokémon Game Editor before so thanks for introducing me to it! (and I didn't actually change the script since I had no idea what I was doing, so I just directed the warp in one of the houses to the house in Goldenrod, then changed it back afterwards)
Old June 10th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Santuga

I apologize if this was already asked but, the moves Pokemon get by leveling up are based on Crystal or Fire Red?
Old June 10th, 2012, 02:22 PM
SpeedyGeek
Meh

Nature: Relaxed
Yo. Just started playing 3.2 again. And... the first time I am supposed to face Silver, the game glitches up. No dialogues appear (I see the ! above Gold and he runs up to me, then everything stops working there).

Ergh. Haven't used any cheats, have used the provided emulator.
Old June 10th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Pokemon Trainer Kevin

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyGeek View Post
Yo. Just started playing 3.2 again. And... the first time I am supposed to face Silver, the game glitches up. No dialogues appear (I see the ! above Gold and he runs up to me, then everything stops working there).

A similar thing happened to me, after I beat Axel, Silver just ran up to me and battled me without diolague.
Old June 11th, 2012, 08:14 AM
a2www
Beginning Trainer

Hard time leveling up!!
At this point i cant level up my pokemon,,am at maghony town,my poke are 30-35,but in the gym they got 35to40,,now i can't level cuz wild poke only give 100 to 150 points,,feeling damn helpless!! :-)
Old June 11th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyGeek View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Kevin View Post

A similar thing happened to me, after I beat Axel, Silver just ran up to me and battled me without diolague.
Did both of you restart your game after updating to Beta 3.2? If you did, try actually DELETING the .sav file from the old beta, and starting fresh from there. It's not the best solution, but it should resolve any left over issues from Beta 3.1, which these may be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2www View Post
Hard time leveling up!!
At this point i cant level up my pokemon,,am at maghony town,my poke are 30-35,but in the gym they got 35to40,,now i can't level cuz wild poke only give 100 to 150 points,,feeling damn helpless!! :-)
We make the game easier, people complain.
We make the game harder, people complain.
We leave it as it is, people complain.
Seems like a bit of a lose lose situation for us to me.
Old June 11th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Pokemon Trainer Kevin

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
Did both of you restart your game after updating to Beta 3.2? If you did, try actually DELETING the .sav file from the old beta, and starting fresh from there. It's not the best solution, but it should resolve any left over issues from Beta 3.1, which these may be.
I did, but it really wasn't a problem, it was just a WTF moment in the game, really haha.

But at least I got the chance to play Axel and Silver this time, as last time I played the game (The last Live beta before Beta 3.2) Kurt's house was glitched and I couldn't challange Team Rocket, Axel or Silver and I couldn't get cut so I had to resort to AR codes :[

Thankfully, that was resolved in beta 3.2 :]
Old June 11th, 2012, 01:00 PM
papacitoloko111789
Beginning Trainer

i see nothing wrong with making the game harder :D. but still your hack is pretty amazing as is, i really enjoyed playing it thanks :D
Old June 11th, 2012, 02:33 PM
SpeedyGeek
Meh

Nature: Relaxed
I started from scratch. No saves, no save states, everything clean. That's not the issue.

Also, I'm not quite there yet, but apparently my friend says SS Anne is bugged too (he says the game doesn't progress after you find the girl, and the grandpa still says you need to find the girl).
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links