The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 11th, 2012, 03:35 PM
JungleNutz
Beginning Trainer

is evee broken it wont evolve to a espeon its lvl 42 and it should be happy by now?
Old June 11th, 2012, 06:12 PM
a2www
Beginning Trainer

I'm not complaining abt the game,,i'm jus saying that am feeling helpless,,even if i want to level a lvl5 pokemon i can't cuz it'll get only 100points battleing wild pokemons,,sometimes get damn frustrating!!
But the best thing is the game was awesome,,but now i can't progress or say a very slow progress,,got to battle 10x times!! :-)
Old June 12th, 2012, 09:55 AM
K-Ro
Beginning Trainer

Hey everyone/anyone:

I'm having a problem with the real-time clock. I'm using VBA for Mac and have the "Real-Time Clock" feature enabled under preferences. I played the game through to Azalea town over the course of three days, played about an hour a day, and in-game it is always Sunday. The time updates correctly, but never the day of the week.

I started over today (Tuesday) and, at the very beginning, the game still thinks it's Sunday. My computer is set fine so I'm really not sure what the problem is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was having a lot of fun with this, and would love to get to new areas not in the original games.
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:53 AM
a2www
Beginning Trainer

What's wid the switches in the underground basement in goldenrod city??
It's not opening,,the usual left,centre,right doesn't work!!
Actually switch 1 doesn't get on,always it's off,i think some problem here!!
Old June 12th, 2012, 12:52 PM
godlesplay

what should I do ? when I go out from this room and go in here one more time there is no granddaughter here...
Old June 12th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Hey everyone/anyone:

I'm having a problem with the real-time clock. I'm using VBA for Mac and have the "Real-Time Clock" feature enabled under preferences. I played the game through to Azalea town over the course of three days, played about an hour a day, and in-game it is always Sunday. The time updates correctly, but never the day of the week.

I started over today (Tuesday) and, at the very beginning, the game still thinks it's Sunday. My computer is set fine so I'm really not sure what the problem is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was having a lot of fun with this, and would love to get to new areas not in the original games.

As a fellow Mac user, I can tell you that the Mac versions of VBA aren't going to cut it with the Real Time Clock. Unless you self-compile the latest version of VBA-M, Liquid Crystal is the only thing that isn't going to run due to it using a a certain version of VBA that's past what was released for mac. Sorry bro. :/

You can still use it under a Flashcart (latest live beta only), or on mobile emulators no problem.
Old June 12th, 2012, 08:55 PM
K-Ro
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectwolfie View Post
As a fellow Mac user, I can tell you that the Mac versions of VBA aren't going to cut it with the Real Time Clock. Unless you self-compile the latest version of VBA-M, Liquid Crystal is the only thing that isn't going to run due to it using a a certain version of VBA that's past what was released for mac. Sorry bro. :/

You can still use it under a Flashcart (latest live beta only), or on mobile emulators no problem.
Thanks for the fast response! I'll look into those other options.
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:54 PM
newsn
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleNutz View Post
is evee broken it wont evolve to a espeon its lvl 42 and it should be happy by now?
Eevee evolves with stones. If you want Espeon i believe you need a sun stone for this hack.
Old June 13th, 2012, 04:33 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsn View Post
Eevee evolves with stones. If you want Espeon i believe you need a sun stone for this hack.
Nope. Espeon and Umbreon are both evolved to in the correct manner. It does take an awfully long time for the Eevee to reach the actual happiness level required. The ceiling limit for happiness was raised in Gen 3, which in turn, makes it a longer process for evolution of Pokémon which use that process.
Old June 13th, 2012, 05:05 AM
godlesplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by godlesplay View Post

what should I do ? when I go out from this room and go in here one more time there is no granddaughter here...
can anyone help me ? I can't go next...
Old June 13th, 2012, 05:23 AM
ADLFM14
Legendary Spriter

Nature: Bold
I'll really love to play that cool game it will remind me alot memories
Hacks I'm Currently Making

Join My Hacking Team(D.A.T.S)

My deviantART

Old June 13th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Pokemon Trainer Kevin

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by godlesplay View Post
can anyone help me ? I can't go next...
Check the Live Beta, it's fixed now, just save outside of the room with the man and his daughter, download the patch, and enjoy :]
Old June 13th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
My problem still hasn't been solved yet.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old June 14th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Liquid crystal fan

This doesn't work on flash carts without RTC. Please say it will in future betas? :D
Old June 14th, 2012, 10:36 PM
KaneTheFlesheater
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid crystal fan View Post
This doesn't work on flash carts without RTC. Please say it will in future betas? :D
And how is it supposed to work? There are functions coded in, that need the RTC, not mentioning the fact, that the Undersea Express (or what was it called) needs the RTC to function, or you will not be able to go to Orange Islands and thus continue the game.

@Konekodemon I also had problems downloading, I was just randomly able to download one time, and I quickly took that chance. I dunno what causes this... Do you have changeable IP?
Old June 14th, 2012, 11:09 PM
godlesplay

vba freeze when I want fight with him...

Old June 15th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Pokemon Trainer Kevin

Nature: Adamant
I just found a random bug, not really anything important or affecting the game in anyway but, Jasmine's sprite when she is in the Lighthouse is still the Nurse Joy sprite.
Old June 17th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Liquid crystal fan

Couldn't you make it to where you could change the time as needed? Kind of like on the original Crystal where you switched to Daylight savings time and what not. Maybe your Mom on the game could say something like your Pokemon look tired maybe you should rest. How long would you like to rest? Then you could select how long you wanted to "rest" and the clock would be fast-forwarded based on how long you rested. Just a suggestion.
Old June 17th, 2012, 11:40 AM
JungleNutz
Beginning Trainer

wheres the earliest i can find a Larvitar
Old June 17th, 2012, 08:33 PM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleNutz View Post
wheres the earliest i can find a Larvitar

Dark Cave, I assume, it's been a while since I've played; if not that, then Silver Cave is your best bet
Old June 17th, 2012, 11:14 PM
KaneTheFlesheater
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid crystal fan View Post
Couldn't you make it to where you could change the time as needed? Kind of like on the original Crystal where you switched to Daylight savings time and what not. Maybe your Mom on the game could say something like your Pokemon look tired maybe you should rest. How long would you like to rest? Then you could select how long you wanted to "rest" and the clock would be fast-forwarded based on how long you rested. Just a suggestion.
It's impossible, because, as the name says, it's REAL TIME clock. A minute in game is a minute IRL.

Also , why would you want to get 6 hours ahead? What would that give you? Just asking.
Old June 18th, 2012, 01:55 AM
OTE963
Beginning Trainer

I have a question that's been driving me nuts. Regarding getting a Mudkip on Route 44: what kind of fishing rod do you need to use? Old, Good, Super? I just don't want to waste my time searching for one if there's no chance of even finding one using certain rods.
Old June 18th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Liquid crystal fan

Why wouldn't you be able to? You could advance the clock 1 hour with the original crystal using daylight savings time. Couldn't your Mom let you take a "nap" for a certain amount of time thus manually advancing the clock? You would be able to find Pokemon that are only available at night and what not. If the game needs RTC to advance couldn't you create people who let you take naps or whatever thus advancing the time so you could advance in the game? Kind of like in Pokemon Emerald where you boarded that boat to go to the Battle Frontier the first time you had to take a nap to arrive there.
Old June 18th, 2012, 10:24 AM
KaneTheFlesheater
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTE963
I have a question that's been driving me nuts. Regarding getting a Mudkip on Route 44: what kind of fishing rod do you need to use? Old, Good, Super? I just don't want to waste my time searching for one if there's no chance of even finding one using certain rods.
The chance is 1%, I can honestly say, that You will stop trying to get it after about 50 times. Most Hoenn pokes, that are in grass have a much larger chance of appearing than that Mudkip. And you probably noticed how hard it is to get them. It's at the bottom of the list, so I think that'll be a Super Rod. If you catch it without hacking, then I salute you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid crystal fan
Why wouldn't you be able to? You could advance the clock 1 hour with the original crystal using daylight savings time. Couldn't your Mom let you take a "nap" for a certain amount of time thus manually advancing the clock? You would be able to find Pokemon that are only available at night and what not. If the game needs RTC to advance couldn't you create people who let you take naps or whatever thus advancing the time so you could advance in the game? Kind of like in Pokemon Emerald where you boarded that boat to go to the Battle Frontier the first time you had to take a nap to arrive there.
Do you know what DST is for? It's not actually pushing the time hour after hour. Also, if you want a specific hour, then just set your system time differently. There is no day/night system for any pokemon involved, as that requires hard coding AFAIK. The only time, where RTC is needed is for Undersea Express, and that is only 10 minutes of waiting, so that's not an awful lot of time now, is it?
Old June 18th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Liquid crystal fan

You mean RTC? As in Real Time Clock? Yes, I understand the concept of the RTC. So if you only need the RTC for the undersea express why not just put a person there that will let you take a nap so people without RTC can advance in the game too thus making the game even more available to a wider variety of people.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links