The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 1st, 2011, 06:24 AM
Jishkah
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
Steals others work are you positive? Got proof? Because they are the best emulators on the market by far... I'm not supporting him either as i'm not paying just using the lite version, half support hehe.
There was a Reddit article on it a while back ago, in the Android subreddit. They bring up a lot of good points. I'd post the link, but I haven't reached my 15-post requirement yet. It's recent, however; if you search it out, you'll be able to find it.

tl;dr yongzh takes the source code of open source emulators, modifies it, and releases it for profit, which basically goes against the GNU.
Of course, Tiger GBA might do the same thing... but I'm uneducated as to the development process of that emulator.

Last edited by Jishkah; June 1st, 2011 at 06:30 AM.
Old June 1st, 2011, 06:25 AM
bbigman76
Elite 4 Member

Nature: Jolly
I would like to know if most widely known glitches in 2.1 are being fixed?

Old June 1st, 2011, 06:41 AM
lukasz_pro
Saiyan Prince

Nature: Hardy
great info link :D
im so happy about higher pokemon leves :D
im waiting for 3.1 :D

can u tell me what legendaries are catchable in 3.1 ?
Old June 1st, 2011, 06:53 AM
Darkerm
Darkness is Not always Evil

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Well, the level go up higher throughout the game. This starts from after you get to route 30 to do the first trainer battle. From then falkner is around level 11 and level 14, then from then on about 5 levels raised. I felt that the end levels and like having jasmin at level 26 for olivine was too low. Claire is in the 40+ range with the league going to be 50s most likely. Then Kanto trainers will start at about 45+. The idea is for balance them out over the hack making them harder at the same time. Its rather an experiment though.

Link
Oh, OK. I think you should increase the level of wild Pokemon.

"My Hack"

Banner By "YAS"
Old June 1st, 2011, 07:12 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jishkah View Post
There was a Reddit article on it a while back ago, in the Android subreddit. They bring up a lot of good points. I'd post the link, but I haven't reached my 15-post requirement yet. It's recent, however; if you search it out, you'll be able to find it.

tl;dr yongzh takes the source code of open source emulators, modifies it, and releases it for profit, which basically goes against the GNU.
Of course, Tiger GBA might do the same thing... but I'm uneducated as to the development process of that emulator.
Does it matter? Yongzh's emulators have all been taken down off the Android Market, as well as Zodtt's PS1 emulator. It's still within the GNU because optionally you can use the emulator for free. Therefore, it's not exactly profiting from people's codes especially if the original developers profited from it themselves.

Either way, back on topic.

Anyone have anything to say about the sprites I posted? :/

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
Old June 1st, 2011, 07:21 AM
pabioxxx
Unhatched Egg

I think that new sprites are much better, nidoking looks so powerfull
Old June 1st, 2011, 07:41 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
I've never played this hack so I don't know if the Kanto wild Pokemon are still at their extremely low levels [as they were in Crystal]. But I was just wondering if you're going to bump them up at all?
I will be bumping them up otherwise they are too low :P

Quote:

Ah thanks for telling me, still the emulators are the best ones out so i'll still use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbigman76 View Post
I would like to know if most widely known glitches in 2.1 are being fixed?
Most of them should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasz_pro View Post
great info link :D
im so happy about higher pokemon leves :D
im waiting for 3.1 :D

can u tell me what legendaries are catchable in 3.1 ?
Well enough will be available I cant remember the exact amount though. I know that Mewtwo and Mew are not, neither is deoxys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkerm View Post

Oh:surprised:, OK:). I think you should increase the level of wild Pokemon.
Done already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeikku™ View Post
Does it matter? Yongzh's emulators have all been taken down off the Android Market, as well as Zodtt's PS1 emulator. It's still within the GNU because optionally you can use the emulator for free. Therefore, it's not exactly profiting from people's codes especially if the original developers profited from it themselves.

Either way, back on topic.

Anyone have anything to say about the sprites I posted? :/
I love them :D:D
Old June 1st, 2011, 07:42 AM
Lurtzh
Beginning Trainer

what about jolteon? he looks weird in beta 2.1. and golem
if i find anyone else, ill post it

cant wait till beta 3.1
Old June 1st, 2011, 07:44 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurtzh View Post
what about jolteon? he looks weird in beta 2.1. and golem
if i find anyone else, ill post it

cant wait till beta 3.1
I'll do them too. Problem is with weird sprites, I used Emerald frame 2's or generic revamps in the last beta. So I need to fix them all for other reasons..

Old June 1st, 2011, 08:05 AM
Jishkah
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
I love them :D:D
True. XD They really are superior to a lot of other emulators out there. It's just a pity that he's profiting off of an originally open-source emulator, without permission from the authors. In a sense, it goes against my morals to download his work, and I certainly won't find myself buying it any time soon.
Still, I can see where you're coming from. I just wish there was a better, or equal, alternative.

But that's besides the point.

Do you know if there is a possible workaround to the legendary dog freeze in Burnt Tower? I've got it save-stated, but I very much doubt it will ever, you know... unfreeze. <_<
Old June 1st, 2011, 08:08 AM
Cold Ivory

Nature: Mild
- Venusaur's leaves get cut off in the front sprite
- Raikou and Entei look old fashioned, especially next to the new Suicune.
- Nidorina's face.
- Only one of Haunter's hands is glowing
Old June 1st, 2011, 01:50 PM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Ivory View Post
- Venusaur's leaves get cut off in the front sprite
- Raikou and Entei look old fashioned, especially next to the new Suicune.
- Nidorina's face.
- Only one of Haunter's hands is glowing
I've fix the dogs. Venusaur's leaves get cut off? are you sure? . I'll fix Nidorina. I never changed haunter in the first place, so do you genuinely want me to change it's FR sprite?

Old June 1st, 2011, 01:55 PM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Quote:
True. XD They really are superior to a lot of other emulators out there. It's just a pity that he's profiting off of an originally open-source emulator, without permission from the authors. In a sense, it goes against my morals to download his work, and I certainly won't find myself buying it any time soon.
Still, I can see where you're coming from. I just wish there was a better, or equal, alternative.

But that's besides the point.

Do you know if there is a possible workaround to the legendary dog freeze in Burnt Tower? I've got it save-stated, but I very much doubt it will ever, you know... unfreeze. <_<
Well umm i know how you can play round it but not to unfreeze the state.. You just play using the .sav on the PC, then copy back over after doing the event.
Old June 1st, 2011, 02:59 PM
misiek023
Unhatched Egg

IMO pinsir's and heracross's back and front sprites from d/p/p or hg/ss are much, much better than fire red
Old June 1st, 2011, 03:36 PM
Cold Ivory

Quote:
I've fix the dogs. Venusaur's leaves get cut off? are you sure? . I'll fix Nidorina. I never changed haunter in the first place, so do you genuinely want me to change it's FR sprite?
At least, in my rom, the leaves on right side of the Venusaur's front sprite look to be cut short by a few pixels.

Yeah, I know Haunter had the uneven hands in FR. That's really the only design change I want. The rest of the sprite is good (although, to be honest, an FR version of the old Yellow sprite could be pretty sweet).
Attached Images
File Type: png Venusaur Sprite.PNG‎ (6.8 KB, 60 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old June 1st, 2011, 04:07 PM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by misiek023 View Post
IMO pinsir's and heracross's back and front sprites from d/p/p or hg/ss are much, much better than fire red
Thing is, by doing that messes up shiny palettes for the sprites (the share the same palette but alternate colours when there is a shiny encounter) which is a problem which currently exists anyway from when I imported emerald sprites. I forgot that they had different palettes.. so getting a shiny will display weird colours for those sprites..

I also don't want to get people into the habit that backsprites need changing. I haven't changed any backsprites because I think FR backsprites looks decent enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Ivory View Post
At least, in my rom, the leaves on right side of the Venusaur's front sprite look to be cut short by a few pixels.

Yeah, I know Haunter had the uneven hands in FR. That's really the only design change I want. The rest of the sprite is good (although, to be honest, an FR version of the old Yellow sprite could be pretty sweet).
I'll make a custom haunter.

About Venusaur, that was a slight insertion problem, I remember it. I'll fix that

Yellow sprite? you mean Red's trainer sprite?

Old June 1st, 2011, 04:41 PM
DonMoosavi

Ah! Welcome back LaZ! I'm very much looking forward to the increase in difficulty. Just try to be sure there is a certain level of difficulty that doesnt exceed the point where it just gets annoying and requires immense grinding.

I know mentioning Shiny Gold is a bit taboo here, but I only want to refer to the difficulty of Shiny Gold X - which gave perfect levels to create challenging battles without requiring too much effort. Rijon Adventures X (which is unofficial though) was terrible because of incredibly increased levels, as well as random level 1 magikarp every where...

My final suggestion for increasing difficulty is to realize that levels are not the only thing that make pokemon challenging: I would suggesting making all the gym leaders (and maybe some trainers) with more complex lineups with each pokemon having a metagame movesets. That would be pretty awesome.

Just suggestions, am looking forward to 3.1!
Old June 1st, 2011, 04:41 PM
Cold Ivory

Quote:
I'll make a custom haunter.

Yellow sprite? you mean Red's trainer sprite?
No, Haunter's sprite (from Yellow). I dunno if it's the palette or the design, but few sprites have better conveyed "fear me, I'm going to screw you up now".
Old June 1st, 2011, 05:54 PM
Jishkah
Beginning Trainer

So yeah. I caved. I downloaded Gameboid. ;; Finally managed to get past the Legendary Dogs event.

I love you guys. Wind Waker music in my Pokemon?
Have my babies. All of them.

But seriously, keep up the good work. I love it so far.

EDIT: In all honesty, though, I love how you guys are writing your own musical score to the game. Very rarely do I see that in a ROM hack - most of the time, they just rehash the original soundtrack.

Last edited by Jishkah; June 1st, 2011 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Addition.
Old June 3rd, 2011, 06:07 AM
Beginning Trainer

Well I think I should post my opinion.. I think the game was too easy (compared to the Fire red). It doesn't matter that this game is pretty long, but I mean it can be longier than santa barbara series, but if it's easy then it IS easy. I think you should raise all levels by 10 - 15 percents, especially Kanto, where EVERY trainer, gym leader and E4 was piece of a cake. I mean really... at first E4 levels are 40 - 45, and leaders 50, when in Fire Red it was ~55 - 60. It is very boring when you can KO every E4 trainer. Then E4 rematch, levels are 60~, when in FR it's 70+. Cool huh? Well I don't say "make game as hard as FR", but just bit harder, harder game is more interesting game.
Old June 4th, 2011, 08:11 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Just a small update, I've tested and fixed up to and fought the league. I'm now ready to start testing Kanto.
Old June 4th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Utuber649
Pokemon Guardian

Good Luck LinkAndZelda.I hope Testing Kanto goes well.

Click Them

Hacks I support

Old June 4th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Wooo!
That all sounds good
Hope kanto testing works out fine!
Old June 4th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Just a small update, I've tested and fixed up to and fought the league. I'm now ready to start testing Kanto.
Awesome! Does a new beta cover complete Kanto?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 5th, 2011, 01:03 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Awesome! Does a new beta cover complete Kanto?
Yes even the latest beta 2.1 covers the whole Kanto.

Sponsored Links