Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 27th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Zameric
The One and Only

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Zameric

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeggi
Yes, i've noticed that as well.
Try this order, 3,1,2. The path should be opened to the staircase.
Thank you very much.
They need someone to make a guide/walkthrough for this game. xD

Old July 27th, 2012, 07:29 AM
arpeggi
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Has that Groudon glitch been fixed?

You mean the one where Groudon appears to be somewhere unreachable in the undersea carvern?

It's location have been changed.
Old July 28th, 2012, 02:09 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
Forgive me but, What Groudon glitch?
When i went inside that cave Grouden was standing on a mountain wall where I can't access it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zameric View Post
Thank you very much.
They need someone to make a guide/walkthrough for this game. xD
That is my aim after the completion of other project in future

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeggi View Post
You mean the one where Groudon appears to be somewhere unreachable in the undersea carvern?

It's location have been changed.
Where is it now? Sorry I didn't saw your post first...

Last edited by alienhunterx; July 28th, 2012 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 28th, 2012, 10:14 AM
arpeggi
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Where is it now? Sorry I didn't saw your post first...
Try searching at the dragon's den.
Old July 29th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Rajagopal90
Beginning Trainer

Quote:

Did you start a brand new save, as you NEED to do with the beta? (By which I mean completely delete the old .sav file and then boot up the ROM).

If you did, please give us a rundown of what you did and in what order. It may help us to track down what caused the bug. However, if you didn't delete the .sav file, it could be caused by clashes with the old .sav file, which isn't necessarily our fault.
Hello.. As u suggested me i have deleted those old beta files,saves etc nd started playing 3.2 beta and heres what i got.
2 bad eggs in storage which are the pokemon i caught earlier. i already mentioned that the eevee i got from bill turned into a bad egg. but then even i deleted that and again made a new beginning.. stil bad eggs.. is there a way to get out of this problem.. waiting for a solution.. thanks man.. love this hack
you are mentioning as rundown as events.. from my side i say that i downloaded 3.2 from web, used the vba to play in my laptop alone everytime. and this is 3rd time i got started poke from prof elm. i deleted before 2 sav files, beta due to bad eggs nd continued to play.. now am in olivine city after battling axel for 2nd time where he gives me red flute.. when i checked my storage 2 were bad eggs.. i love this hack so so much that i cant even leave it without playing.. stil i play nd want more of this hack..

Last edited by Rajagopal90; July 30th, 2012 at 12:59 AM. Reason: left out something
Old July 30th, 2012, 09:09 AM
EROM
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkenboy View Post
@all
re:catching the 3 legendary birds
i've read the latest replies on forums and tried them but the pedestals still don't show up!...i already have 17 badges and the flutes but still no pedestals...pls. help us!
Complete all the puzzels in the Ruins of Alph in the order you wish, but Kabuto first (if you get: The puzzle has already been put into place. :go to a different one).
After they are completed then you are getting a message: Something has risen up on a distant island. :then the pedestales are there and then you are needing the red, blue and yellow flute. Speak with each of the pedestals and they will unlock the bird of there color. After that you will have lost your flutes and than you can searching the birds.
P.S.ost the locations of the birds here.
(Beta 3.1)
Old July 30th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Zameric
The One and Only

Ok, so I defeated Team Rocket at the radio tower in Goldenrod and then I tried to go through Ice Path to get to Blackthorn City.
I found Zane blocking the path, so I battle him and won.
Then as he went away, a police officer came out of Ice Path and said it was closed.
Then I got a call from Prof. Elm telling me about Suicune appearing at Tin Tower in Ecruteak City.
But after capturing Suicune (which took a while), the police officer is still blocking the Ice Path.
Is there something else I need to do before he goes away?

Old July 30th, 2012, 11:06 AM
rpg man
My new account is Critx

Nature: Naughty
ummm i found A wild cyndaquil lv3 male in the wild.........0.o

and my team is

totodile lv 9

poliwag lv 5

cyndaquil lv 3
My new account is Critx!

I made a new account was cuz i didn't like the name RPg Man
Old July 30th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpg man View Post

and my team is

totodile lv 9

poliwag lv 5

cyndaquil lv 3
I believe this is normal, but they are probably quite rare (as are all three starters). After all, you can't trade, so you have to get to all the Pokémon SOMEhow...

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old July 30th, 2012, 11:27 AM
rpg man
My new account is Critx

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I believe this is normal, but they are probably quite rare (as are all three starters). After all, you can't trade, so you have to get to all the Pokémon SOMEhow...

Cyclone
yeaah but i got it in the first route!!!( in Jhoto)
My new account is Critx!

I made a new account was cuz i didn't like the name RPg Man
Old July 30th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajagopal90 View Post
In Beta 3.2, there is no way anything can cause Bad Eggs which was put in on our side. The vars/flags/trainerflags which would previously have clashed were completely moved. Literally the only things which can cause them in Beta 3.2 would be direct memory manipulation (which we don't do at any point in the game) and cheats.

What I'm trying to tell you is that there's no reason for your reported bad eggs, and no-one else (that I've seen) has reported any either. Perhaps your emulator is malfunctioning, or you're using the wrong emulator, or using cheats - I don't know, but there's nothing we've put in the hack which could cause bad eggs.
Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
Old July 30th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Zameric
The One and Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpg man
Apparently I haven't been lucky enough to find any of the starters in the wild, but there is a man south of Route 34 that gives you a Cyndaquil.

Old July 30th, 2012, 08:10 PM
arpeggi
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
In Beta 3.2, there is no way anything can cause Bad Eggs which was put in on our side. The vars/flags/trainerflags which would previously have clashed were completely moved. Literally the only things which can cause them in Beta 3.2 would be direct memory manipulation (which we don't do at any point in the game) and cheats.

What I'm trying to tell you is that there's no reason for your reported bad eggs, and no-one else (that I've seen) has reported any either. Perhaps your emulator is malfunctioning, or you're using the wrong emulator, or using cheats - I don't know, but there's nothing we've put in the hack which could cause bad eggs.
Any updates on the game itself? How is the progress so far for the new version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EROM View Post
Complete all the puzzels in the Ruins of Alph in the order you wish, but Kabuto first (if you get: The puzzle has already been put into place. :go to a different one).
After they are completed then you are getting a message: Something has risen up on a distant island. :then the pedestales are there and then you are needing the red, blue and yellow flute. Speak with each of the pedestals and they will unlock the bird of there color. After that you will have lost your flutes and than you can searching the birds.
P.S.ost the locations of the birds here.
(Beta 3.1)
Well, Beta 3.2 have this bug that disallow the pedestals to appear even aftering solving the puzzles int he Ruins of Alph.
Old July 30th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Rajagopal90
Beginning Trainer

Quote:

I hope you dint see my previous posts. I havent been using any cheats since i started playing pokemon games for last 5/6 yrs. Maybe its got to with my vba. as u say its got a bug or something.. lets c wats happens next
Old July 31st, 2012, 07:21 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajagopal90 View Post
I hope you dint see my previous posts. I havent been using any cheats since i started playing pokemon games for last 5/6 yrs. Maybe its got to with my vba. as u say its got a bug or something.. lets c wats happens next
I didn't mean for my post to come across as accusationary, it was just throwing out some possible ideas, that's all.

An explanation of how I know we have nothing which can cause bad eggs:

Bad Eggs in ROM Hacks are almost always caused by usage of Variables and Flags which conflict with the box storage RAM. In Beta 3.1, there was plentiful usage of such vars and flags.

The reason Beta 3.2 demands a restart from an older beta, is due to the fact that we actually repointed these variables and flags into a brand new, clean memory location. I personally rewrote the routines so that only the known safe vars/flags would be accepted, or our new safe vars/flags. None of these share memory locations with the box or Pokémon data, which is the traditional cause of bad eggs, as with every setting/clearing of a flag or setting of a variable, it was possible to accidentally overwrite Pokémon data, which, in turn, meant that the checksum would no longer be correct, and as such, the Pokémon would become a bad egg.

If you follow that explanation (hopefully you do), you will see that only memory modification, through cheating or direct modification using VBA's memory viewer, is the only remaining possible influence.

Again, I'm not accusing you of cheating, but there's nothing in the coding of the game which would allow this to happen, so it makes no sense to us that you're reporting bad eggs, especially when no-one else appears to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeggi View Post
Any updates on the game itself? How is the progress so far for the new version?
Not really. The only change made recently was that I put in failsafes for when there are no scripts assigned to an NPC or a sign. Under normal circumstances, these would (or could) crash the game. I put in code and scripts which act as "standard" scripts if LaZ fails to assign a script to an NPC or sign.
Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
Old July 31st, 2012, 12:42 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpg man View Post
yeaah but i got it in the first route!!!( in Jhoto)
Speaking of starters, it would interest me - as happens in HeartGold/SoulSilver - whether you get the three Kanto starters from various people (including Professor Oak). Does that happen here as well, or are they among the randomites?

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old July 31st, 2012, 08:24 PM
Rajagopal90
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
I didn't mean for my post to come across as accusationary, it was just throwing out some possible ideas, that's all.

An explanation of how I know we have nothing which can cause bad eggs:

Bad Eggs in ROM Hacks are almost always caused by usage of Variables and Flags which conflict with the box storage RAM. In Beta 3.1, there was plentiful usage of such vars and flags.

The reason Beta 3.2 demands a restart from an older beta, is due to the fact that we actually repointed these variables and flags into a brand new, clean memory location. I personally rewrote the routines so that only the known safe vars/flags would be accepted, or our new safe vars/flags. None of these share memory locations with the box or Pokémon data, which is the traditional cause of bad eggs, as with every setting/clearing of a flag or setting of a variable, it was possible to accidentally overwrite Pokémon data, which, in turn, meant that the checksum would no longer be correct, and as such, the Pokémon would become a bad egg.

If you follow that explanation (hopefully you do), you will see that only memory modification, through cheating or direct modification using VBA's memory viewer, is the only remaining possible influence.

Again, I'm not accusing you of cheating, but there's nothing in the coding of the game which would allow this to happen, so it makes no sense to us that you're reporting bad eggs, especially when no-one else appears to be.

Thanks Jambo51 for ur explanation on those things.. I do understand wat you say.. May be its some prob related to my vba.. Should try a different one. I ll try to post you if i found any glitches.. again thanks for ur reply..
Old August 1st, 2012, 02:23 AM
arpeggi
Unhatched Egg

Good to know the game is still in sight for more additions.

One more thing, after defeating the Team 17, all we get is a Stardust? I mean the NPC said that this item can enable us to go further in our journey. Where can we go with that particular Stardust? I'll try the Rayquaza infinite staircase later with that Stardust..
Old August 1st, 2012, 03:22 AM
alienhunterx

Yeah maybe that dust in necessary for rayquaza to sneeze and wake up from its hiding. haa haa:D
Old August 1st, 2012, 09:38 PM
iKnytemare

enerythin works fine but after the slowpoke well i get a black screen
Old August 1st, 2012, 10:32 PM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
am I the only one who has his Pokedex mixed up? i.e. Having Crobat listed in it, but not Golbat, having Charizard listed in, but not Charmeleon
Old August 2nd, 2012, 01:31 AM
Bone Storm
Beginning Trainer

I got a save error in the beta 3.2 playing on a Supercard DSTWO where I can't save the game and it wasn't a problem because I used save states but now I've beaten Lance, the game resets after the credits. Is there a way to fix this?
Old August 2nd, 2012, 02:34 AM
arpeggi
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeReject View Post
am I the only one who has his Pokedex mixed up? i.e. Having Crobat listed in it, but not Golbat, having Charizard listed in, but not Charmeleon
Mine is too. I have a lot of missing pokemons in my pokedex
Old August 2nd, 2012, 03:06 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Storm View Post
I got a save error in the beta 3.2 playing on a Supercard DSTWO where I can't save the game and it wasn't a problem because I used save states but now I've beaten Lance, the game resets after the credits. Is there a way to fix this?
This is because the hack is semi supported in all other emulators than VBA .
Old August 2nd, 2012, 03:25 AM
Bone Storm
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
This is because the hack is semi supported in all other emulators than VBA .
Damn. I guess I might have to restart the game (sigh..)

Does Fire Red cheat codes work on LC? It'll save me some time searching for some Pokémon.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here