The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:38 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
This is because the hack is semi supported in all other emulators than VBA .
I saw a special edition of VBA from last Christmas. Does that solve the problem?

Bone Storm, copy the save state and ROM into another emulator's folder. If you have a save state before defeating Lance, use that. I play in VBA myself, and have DeSMuNe, but find that if I take multiple screenies the filenames are just random instead of an order like 1, 2, 3...you instead get 75436_65437, 25466_29675, and more like that. So I use VBA for anything I do, but the save states can be moved over before the save starts (even if the save state is during the credits, it works).

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 2nd, 2012, 05:31 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Right, I'm going to say this once and for all.

SAVESTATES CAUSE PROBLEMS IN AND OF THEMSELVES. IF YOU HAVE BEEN USING SAVESTATES WE WILL DISREGARD ANY BUG REPORT. YOU MUST USE THE IN GAME SAVE IF POSSIBLE. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO COMPLETE THE GAME USING SAVESTATES, YOU MUST USE THE IN GAME SAVE.

Sorry for the caps and bold, but it needs to be obvious to attract you guys' attention.

As for the reports of the messed up Pokédex, this is entirely possible. The Regional Dex change was implemented after the release of Beta 3.2 (IIRC).

There may be a couple of issues with it, but there shouldn't be. I'll give it a whirl in the near future to test.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:00 AM
ShadowBlast12345
Shadow Blasting since '05

Okay so I beat the elite fojr for the 162nd time, and for some reason when the game restarted and I was in front of my house again, all the fly markets were gone so I have to walk everywhere... Does anyone else have this problem or is there a way to fix this?
Quote:
"I'm training my Slowbro! Show us a Sonic Boom!"

"Yarah?"

"It's not going too well..."

OF COURSE IT BL00DY ISN'T! IT DOESN"T LEARN SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!
Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:55 AM
theblade180
Beginning Trainer

So I've gotten use to the higher levelled Pokemon for increased difficulty. That's not a problem.
However, It's always(seriously, freaking always) raining, making my Quilava absolutely useless to fight with. I mean seriously. Not only does it power up water types, but it decreases Fire types' damage. This is really irritating. He's the strongest Pokemon I have, and I can't use him because he can't use his only good stat, Special attack.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 06:17 PM
arpeggi
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBlast12345 View Post
Okay so I beat the elite fojr for the 162nd time, and for some reason when the game restarted and I was in front of my house again, all the fly markets were gone so I have to walk everywhere... Does anyone else have this problem or is there a way to fix this?
This happens to me when I was surfing in orange island and for some weird reason, I ended up on route 100. all my fly spots were gone
Old August 2nd, 2012, 06:36 PM
ShadowBlast12345
Shadow Blasting since '05

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeggi View Post
This happens to me when I was surfing in orange island and for some weird reason, I ended up on route 100. all my fly spots were gone
It's possible to fix it by walking to all the fly spots, but for me I could only get violet, goldenrod, ecruteak, and mahogany (not sure if those are the exact ones, but I think those are the ones that work) back but kanto and the orange islands still work.. I think the 4 johto areas that work and the orange islands are supposed to be the sevii islands from the fire red base if i'm not mistaken
Quote:
"I'm training my Slowbro! Show us a Sonic Boom!"

"Yarah?"

"It's not going too well..."

OF COURSE IT BL00DY ISN'T! IT DOESN"T LEARN SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!
Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:57 PM
THExVIPER
Beginning Trainer

so i got to clair and she was coverd by a black bar, after i beat her i went to dragons den and axel was outside saying i beat team saturn, then they were not inside and i could not get past the whirlpool, anyone know what i should do?
Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:32 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
Ive finally got this hack working after a week of trying to get it and started playing it again. I got to say its a really good improvement to the 2.1 Beta which I found really good aswell. Keep up the good work linkandzelda.

To those of you who have progressed a lot in the game.. How do you get Umbreon? I know linkandzelda made trade Pokemon evolve by level but Umbreon evolves at night by friendship. I noticed this one has a day and night system put in it and was wondering if it actually works for Umbreon? If not then how do I get him? Another thing, I noticed Ho-oh wasn't a catchable Pokemon in the last Beta's because of the unfinished tin towers, is Ho-oh catchable in this one? I mean it's not a big deal if hes not but would like to try to catch every legendary with a Pokeball!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THExVIPER View Post
so i got to clair and she was coverd by a black bar, after i beat her i went to dragons den and axel was outside saying i beat team saturn, then they were not inside and i could not get past the whirlpool, anyone know what i should do?
After you beat Clair you get a Pokemon to learn whirlpool and go inside the Dragons Den and surf up to the whirlpool and go through it, once you go through it there will be a cave entrance near the end; go through there and you should see them. If I remember correctly you will meet Axel at the end and battle their leaders. If that doesn't work then idk what to tell you.

Last edited by ShinyUmbreon189; August 2nd, 2012 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 12:50 AM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
As for the reports of the messed up Pokédex, this is entirely possible. The Regional Dex change was implemented after the release of Beta 3.2 (IIRC).

There may be a couple of issues with it, but there shouldn't be. I'll give it a whirl in the near future to test.
Ah I see. Cool, hope that this game turns out really well :D
Old August 3rd, 2012, 01:14 AM
TrainerBliss
Beginning Trainer

When do you think the final version will be released?
Old August 3rd, 2012, 01:42 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainerBliss View Post
When do you think the final version will be released?
Not sure but LaZ do mentioned it could be around the end of this year
Old August 3rd, 2012, 06:57 AM
arpeggi
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
To those of you who have progressed a lot in the game.. How do you get Umbreon? I know linkandzelda made trade Pokemon evolve by level but Umbreon evolves at night by friendship. I noticed this one has a day and night system put in it and was wondering if it actually works for Umbreon? If not then how do I get him? Another thing, I noticed Ho-oh wasn't a catchable Pokemon in the last Beta's because of the unfinished tin towers, is Ho-oh catchable in this one? I mean it's not a big deal if hes not but would like to try to catch every legendary with a Pokeball!!!
Umbreon still evoles at night by friendship.

Ho-oh is catchable in the newest beta.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 10:46 AM
THExVIPER
Beginning Trainer

this is what i have going on with clair, anyone know what to do here?
Old August 3rd, 2012, 07:39 PM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
the game still works, the black bar isn't gamebreaking
Old August 4th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
That black bar actually is Clair xD

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 4th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

That black bar actually is Clair xD
Wow. I really like what she's done with her hair.

[/joke]

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 4th, 2012, 10:35 AM
rpg man
My new account is Critx

Nature: Naughty
i found a Shiny mew in Union Cave 0.o

I made a new account was cuz i didn't like the name RPg Man
Old August 4th, 2012, 10:49 AM
arpeggi
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpg man View Post
i found a Shiny mew in Union Cave 0.o
Wow really?

Anyway, have anyone tried accessing the inaccessible union cave portion that always crashes yet in the newest beta?
Old August 4th, 2012, 10:56 AM
rpg man
My new account is Critx

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeggi View Post
Wow really?

Anyway, have anyone tried accessing the inaccessible union cave portion that always crashes yet in the newest beta?
that is how i got it!!

Werid..

I made a new account was cuz i didn't like the name RPg Man
Old August 4th, 2012, 11:53 PM
tekkenboy
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EROM View Post
Complete all the puzzels in the Ruins of Alph in the order you wish, but Kabuto first (if you get: The puzzle has already been put into place. :go to a different one).
After they are completed then you are getting a message: Something has risen up on a distant island. :then the pedestales are there and then you are needing the red, blue and yellow flute. Speak with each of the pedestals and they will unlock the bird of there color. After that you will have lost your flutes and than you can searching the birds.
P.S.ost the locations of the birds here.
(Beta 3.1)
i've already solved all the puzzles in ruins of alph: kabuto, omastar, ho-oh and aerodactyl but i haven't received any message that "something has risen up on a distant island"...pls. i really need your help

note: i already have 17 badges and the 3 flutes!!!

Last edited by tekkenboy; August 5th, 2012 at 12:37 AM.
Old August 5th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Zameric
The One and Only

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Zameric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zameric View Post
Ok, so I defeated Team Rocket at the radio tower in Goldenrod and then I tried to go through Ice Path to get to Blackthorn City.
I found Zane blocking the path, so I battle him and won.
Then as he went away, a police officer came out of Ice Path and said it was closed.
Then I got a call from Prof. Elm telling me about Suicune appearing at Tin Tower in Ecruteak City.
But after capturing Suicune (which took a while), the police officer is still blocking the Ice Path.
Is there something else I need to do before he goes away?
Doesn't anyone know how to get around this? :/

Old August 5th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

All I can suggest is follow someone's walkthrough on Youtube and figure out what you missed. People have done video walkthroughs.

Cyclone

Old August 5th, 2012, 11:20 PM
THExVIPER
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
just keep flying to different towns and walk back to ice path, the cop should be gone, at least thats what i did when i got that same problem
Old August 6th, 2012, 01:50 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
You should have to go to Ecruteak city and talk with the old man there. he will ask you to go the ruins of alph to get that bell from an island of Ho-Oh. After that event the police officer will be gone.
Old August 6th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Zameric
The One and Only

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Zameric
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
You should have to go to Ecruteak city and talk with the old man there. he will ask you to go the ruins of alph to get that bell from an island of Ho-Oh. After that event the police officer will be gone.
I already did all that, and I caught Suicune, but the cop was still there. But I think I did figure out why I was stuck. I just discovered the new, southern part of Ice Path. I'm not sure whether it was reading the inscription, or interacting with the angry Marowak, but I think one of those was the missing event that I needed to trigger to make the cop go away.

Why does the female Cool Trainer in Blackthorn City have a Kingler that knows Dragonbreath?
Why does Clair's first Dragonite have Hyper Fang and Scary Face?

Last edited by Zameric; August 6th, 2012 at 01:19 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links