Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old August 22nd, 2012 (05:06 AM).
RobbieNewton

Quote originally posted by RobbieNewton:
Running the latest version and really enjoying it. Using my PSP to play. Team consists of Golem, HItmonchan, Sandslash, Charizard, Quagsire and Gyarados, all level 70ish apart from the Level 30 Gyarados. Gonna go to Mt. Silver next. Disbanded Saturn, and have beat as many Rockets as I could find in Mt Moon. Not sure how to get to Orange Island syet.

Wanted to report a bug unfortunately (also done it in the bug report thread at Pokemonworld, but figured that two places must be better than one). Now I know that Gpsp kai for PSP is not fully supported, but felt I should try my luck. Playing latest version of game. Got all the way up to Seafoam Islands. I go into the room with Zane, Silver and Articuno by using the Unlocker.

If I talk to Silver, it says "Kris picked up an ultra ball" and Silver disappeared.
If I talk to Zane, it prompts me to use Rock Smash. If I do, the game freezes.
If I talk to Articuno, everything freezes and then I get booted to the XMB.

This is the first time I have experienced any problems playing on my PSP. I suspect that it may possibly be related somehow to me going to Mt. Moon a while back - I did think it odd that there was one grunt who talked about Seafoam Islands, but at the time I thought nothing of it. Has anyone experienced anything similar to this and if so, have you found a fix?

Edit at 11:31 GMT. I managed to import the save into the latest VBA. I could then replicate the problems within VBA, which further complicates things.

So further to this, I done some more testing in VBA and gpsp kai. If I go into the room with those three, and then exit, and then re-enter, they are gone. Not only that, but the Rockets clear out of Seafoam Islands, as does Axel, and I can't seem to find them anywhere in the game anymore. Has anyone got any tips, as it would be a shame to restart or whatnot.
Old August 22nd, 2012 (12:08 PM).
moh277
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by PokeReject:
I think so, but do you remember fighting Team Rocket in various spots around Kanto?

yes i remember fighting team rocket in various spots where they tried ctahing the legendary birds, i right now talked to axel and he gave me silver wing for helping him out (funny thing is i think an old man gave me silver wing already in pewter city....) so i went back in rock tunnel(the cave behind lavender) to see if getting the silver wing would make zapdos appear or something, but still no zapdos.. axel did ask to help him recruit trainers for hq,so do you mean after helping him recruit trainers ?
Old August 22nd, 2012 (07:09 PM).
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by moh277:
yes i remember fighting team rocket in various spots where they tried ctahing the legendary birds, i right now talked to axel and he gave me silver wing for helping him out (funny thing is i think an old man gave me silver wing already in pewter city....) so i went back in rock tunnel(the cave behind lavender) to see if getting the silver wing would make zapdos appear or something, but still no zapdos.. axel did ask to help him recruit trainers for hq,so do you mean after helping him recruit trainers ?

I guess Zapdos should be there, I know I caught him after all that business. Maybe if you go and catch the others, Zapdos might appear, although this is all just a guess
Old August 22nd, 2012 (08:23 PM).
arpeggi
Unhatched Egg

You need to put the flutes in the pedestals first... and it doesn't work at times...
Old August 23rd, 2012 (01:00 AM).
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Seriously... Silver Wing for Zapdos... No!!! it was for Lugia originally in games
Old August 23rd, 2012 (01:10 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by arpeggi:
You need to put the flutes in the pedestals first... and it doesn't work at times...
What doesn't work? Pedestals appearing or birds appearing?
Pedestals appeared for me even before league =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 23rd, 2012 (02:58 AM).
lukasz_pro
Saiyan Prince

Nature: Hardy
the second island is already complete ?
Old August 23rd, 2012 (03:35 AM).
arpeggi
Unhatched Egg

Quote originally posted by Ash493:

What doesn't work? Pedestals appearing or birds appearing?
Pedestals appeared for me even before league =D
both, its funny how it sometimes doesnt work for different peoeple.
Old August 23rd, 2012 (07:24 AM).
moh277
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by PokeReject:
I guess Zapdos should be there, I know I caught him after all that business. Maybe if you go and catch the others, Zapdos might appear, although this is all just a guess
I have caught all the others birds, and other legendaries and still no zapdos, I appreciate you helping btw

Quote originally posted by arpeggi:
I obviously already done that... But il try again?

Quote originally posted by alienhunterx:
Seriously... Silver Wing for Zapdos... No!!! it was for Lugia originally in games
OMG REALLY!!? I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!! YOUR SO SMART!!

-.- ......
Old August 24th, 2012 (05:04 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

So I finished the beta (at least I think, because Route 52 seems to be incomplete =D) and I must say that you guys did an outstanding job over these 4 years!
I'm eagerly waiting for the completition =D

As for the bugs... I must say that I haven't found any gamebreaking ones but Zappy bug "worked" for me... and one pretty critical one...
As for the Zappy bug, Zappy did not appear in Power Plant in my version as well... :/
I was able to catch every other OW legend (Articuno, Moltres, Regis, Groudon, Kyogre, Jirachi, L@tis, Lugia) but Zappy simply doesn't appear :/
Are there any other legends beside dogs and Ho-Oh?
I know about Rayquaza's event which is not available (I love how LaZ did the "infinite stairs" :D)
By the way I found 2 Rubys :D One was eaten by Groudon and then I found another :D
And for the critical one. You cannot use Dig/Escape Rope in Mt.Mortar and if you battle Karate King when he's blocking the road back, you are stuck there forever...

Old August 24th, 2012 (05:26 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by Ash493:
And for the critical one. You cannot use Dig/Escape Rope in Mt.Mortar and if you battle Karate King when he's blocking the road back, you are stuck there forever...
What about Fly? I thought Mt. Mortor was an outside area, top of the mountain. If you can't Dig/ER or Fly, then yes, the map is not operating correctly.

If it's indoors, ignore this.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 24th, 2012 (07:45 AM).
RobbieNewton

Just to clarify, what should happen in Seafoam Islands, when you go into the room with Zane, Silver and Articuno? I am not yet able to post links here, but I have posted a link on my issue thread on the Petalburgwood forums about it, to my .sav file, in case that would help anyone work out a resolution. I am rather sad that my progress is halted but I am aware that the game still has some kinks to iron out and I respect the team behind the game for just how grand in scale it is, and how immersive.
Old August 24th, 2012 (12:36 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:
What about Fly? I thought Mt. Mortor was an outside area, top of the mountain. If you can't Dig/ER or Fly, then yes, the map is not operating correctly.
Of course I tried it, Fly doesn't work as well. And Mt. Mortar is mountain...

Old August 25th, 2012 (03:38 AM).
lukasz_pro
Saiyan Prince

Quote originally posted by lukasz_pro:
the second island is already complete ?
someone know answer for this ?
Old August 25th, 2012 (04:50 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

You've provided next to no information, so no one CAN know the answer to this.

- Where are you in the game? Do you have all badges, have you caught certain legendaries, is the E4 completed, where in the storyline are you?
- What are you trying to do?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 25th, 2012 (06:18 AM).
lukasz_pro
Saiyan Prince

last time i played LQ the game ends at closed house near beach on orange islands (with cutscene)
when i surfed at right direction there was "missing textures" i mean crashed pixels
Old August 25th, 2012 (07:07 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

That could very well be the end of the beta. I know they were working on finishing the Orange Islands still.

Cyclone

Old August 25th, 2012 (09:07 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

The second island IS complete but not island with second gym.
The Route 52 is incomplete with many 000000 offset OWs so the Zane's script is the last one in beta.

Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:
You've provided next to no information, so no one CAN know the answer to this.

- Where are you in the game? Do you have all badges, have you caught certain legendaries, is the E4 completed, where in the storyline are you?
- What are you trying to do?
Um... care to read the quote he made? He quoted the question he wanted answered...

Old August 25th, 2012 (11:08 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by RobbieNewton:
Just to clarify, what should happen in Seafoam Islands, when you go into the room with Zane, Silver and Articuno? I am not yet able to post links here, but I have posted a link on my issue thread on the Petalburgwood forums about it, to my .sav file, in case that would help anyone work out a resolution. I am rather sad that my progress is halted but I am aware that the game still has some kinks to iron out and I respect the team behind the game for just how grand in scale it is, and how immersive.
I indicated to Robbie that I would post that link for him since he isn't at 15 posts yet. Here it is. I have not loaded the .sav file in there myself.

Cyclone

Old August 25th, 2012 (10:52 PM).
RobbieNewton

Thank you very much again Cyclone, I appreciate it. What I am essentially wondering for people who load the .sav file is this

1) Do you experience the same thing I do when you go into that room?
2) If you can successfully do the room (i.e. no glitches), can you post your .sav file of the room being successfully finished?

As I said, this is the only glitch I have encountered to this point (well, unknown glitch), so my theory is that if anyone can get past that room with my .sav file somehow, then the game should be able to be continued.
Old August 26th, 2012 (01:54 AM).
Pegasus

Nature: Bold
Downloaded the game for the first time today :D. I'm first gonna test it on my regular VBA emulator. Maybe I'm also going to test it out on VBAGX but I'm not sure if it is going to work.
Old August 26th, 2012 (12:25 PM).
powerfercs
Beginning Trainer

Time for a bug report.
Dragon Claw move tutor issue all of us knows about this already...

Clare's sprite in the gym is a box.

Charizard sprite (not a bug but I think the original FR/LG sprites were better)

Two minor but noticeable glitches
Ciros Pokemon Maker produces a box full of Bad Eggs when the codes are used

Hidden Power is always weak dealing miniscule damage even in Super Effective and big level gap. Using HP Fighting with a level 80 Typhlosion against a level 20 Rattata deals really pathetic damage yes it can't kill a level 20 Rattata
Old August 26th, 2012 (01:24 PM).
liquidcrystaluser1234

A quick question,

beat the game practically. Killed Zane's buddies in the cave north of leaf bay city, and then went through surf gate to so called sunburst island.

Is that area complete? Surfing due east sent me to route 27/100/Cinnabar Island. Good thing I saved before as I heard the mapping was off.

Also as an aside
red flute given by Axel
blue flute north of the gym in Violet city (surf)
yellow flute in hollow cave, step on every hole once and then there's a little braille cave to go into
Old August 26th, 2012 (11:53 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by liquidcrystaluser1234:
A quick question,

beat the game practically. Killed Zane's buddies in the cave north of leaf bay city, and then went through surf gate to so called sunburst island.

Is that area complete? Surfing due east sent me to route 27/100/Cinnabar Island. Good thing I saved before as I heard the mapping was off.
As I said in post above, that area is not complete.
Oh and good for you :D I stepped into the 52/27/100 connection and now I can't fly to any Johto city and must visit them again to be able to fly there xD

Old August 27th, 2012 (04:00 PM).
Bluestar007
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
can somebody tell me any differences between version 3.2 and 3.1?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links