The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 1st, 2012, 11:35 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Have you guys tried with VBA yet... It is a best GBA emulator known with guaranteed working including in-game music.
VBA doesn't work on Android.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Personally, I never recommend using a hacked game to trade with an official game. Trying to trade, as a random example, a Vullaby hacked into an Emerald ROMhack with the real game could cause unpredictable results.
Getting the Pokémon that Vullaby replaced? What's upredictable about it? Unless of course the Vullaby replaced one of the 25 ???s.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 12:02 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Getting the Pokémon that Vullaby replaced? What's upredictable about it? Unless of course the Vullaby replaced one of the 25 ???s.
Actually, that's only true if you replaced one of the standard Pokémon. If you added them or replaced an Unown remnant, who knows what would happen. It's possible the game would treat any hacked Pokémon as a bad egg.

Anyway, with LC at least, the whole argument is null and void because trading is completely broken.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 12:13 AM
RobbieNewton

Still no luck. Ooh, and what are the odds of seeing another Edinburgh person on here. Should I PM LaZ as suggested in opening post about my problem or is he very busy right now
Old September 2nd, 2012, 05:31 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:

VBA doesn't work on Android.

I actually have asked around. In one hack yesterday, I found that the Sinnoh starters were hacked over the Hoenn starters. Therefore, someone trading a Turtwig from that game would actually be sending the other player a Treecko. Same if someone tries to send a Snivy, which replaces Poochyena; now that would be not getting what you paid for! Since they're in the 386 from Gen. III, they trade as the official Pokémon to other games.

That's why I like trading broken. That way we don't have such unpredictable trades. For some reason, some players still want trading on in these games. Apparently it's the only way they're willing to try to get Jirachi, or such. I think it's ridiculous.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old September 2nd, 2012, 10:10 AM
Pegasus

Nature: Bold
I've been playing this hack for a while now and I must say it is pretty damn awesome :D. But I'm still figuring out how to evolve certain pokemon like seadra or onix. Does somebody know?
Old September 2nd, 2012, 12:38 PM
ShadowWolf32
Near-Expert

Ok, I got it now, looking forward to playing this VERY much.

APPARENTLY, quoting from a post counts as a "link to another site," so I'll have to do it the old fashioned way.

@Pegasus: Unless it has been changed in the hack, they have to be traded while holding a Dragon Scale and a Metal Coat, respectively; in effect, making them impossible to get in a hack/rom. (without cheating)

Last edited by ShadowWolf32; September 2nd, 2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 04:06 PM
Cabe

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowWolf32 View Post
@Pegasus: Unless it has been changed in the hack, they have to be traded while holding a Dragon Scale and a Metal Coat, respectively; in effect, making them impossible to get in a hack/rom. (without cheating)
That's not true. In Liquid Crystal Onix evolves by simply leveling up. I'm still not sure if it evolves at a certain level or if it is a happiness-based evolution though. Pegasus, just keep it on your team and it will just evolve, no need to trade. BTW, what level is it? Someone said in a previous post that his Rocky evolved at lvl 26. Mine evolved a bit later i think (maybe cause it changed from one beta to another or cause it's hapiness evolution).

No idea about seadra, but trade-evolutions were discarded from this hack, so most certainly it will just evolve if you keep him/her leveling up.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 04:28 PM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
some evolutions that need trade have been replaces with evolution stones, just in case you wanna try that
Old September 2nd, 2012, 05:36 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Have you guys tried with VBA yet... It is a best GBA emulator known with guaranteed working including in-game music.
Unfortunately for Intel Mac users like myself that use Lion/don't own a Windows version that spells doom. Or at least it used to. You can forget using the special VBA version, and best bet we have without self-compiling/using Wine or a Virtual Machine for VBA-M (something that I personally don't have quite the knowhow for), is a really old version of it, 0.1 I believe the binary still in circulation reads. Either that or an Intel port of the original Mac version of VBA that has some big parts missing from it. So for right now until I read up on some things, Gameboid is actually a better choice than what I have available unfortunately (well, outside of extreme music cases like Golden Sun 2, but that's a different story). :/

Last edited by Projectwolfie; September 2nd, 2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 08:35 PM
ZombieOutbreak
Unhatched Egg

Is this game complete? Can I play it from start to finish or ?
Old September 2nd, 2012, 10:41 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Sorry my bad as always... I didn't read his comment clearly that's why I posted a wrong answer to his post
Old September 3rd, 2012, 12:39 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I actually have asked around. In one hack yesterday, I found that the Sinnoh starters were hacked over the Hoenn starters. Therefore, someone trading a Turtwig from that game would actually be sending the other player a Treecko. Same if someone tries to send a Snivy, which replaces Poochyena; now that would be not getting what you paid for! Since they're in the 386 from Gen. III, they trade as the official Pokémon to other games.
Did I say anything else...? You don't need to confirm my right assumption...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
I've been playing this hack for a while now and I must say it is pretty damn awesome :D. But I'm still figuring out how to evolve certain pokemon like seadra or onix. Does somebody know?
Trade evolutions have been changed so it's either leveling or happiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieOutbreak View Post
Is this game complete? Can I play it from start to finish or ?
It has complete Johto and Kanto, the first gym on Orange Isle and another city of Orange Isle.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 06:41 AM
Pegasus

Nature: Bold
Ok, thanks for all the replies. I'll try to just level up my seadra and onix and see what happens.

@Cabe My onix is now at level 25 so I think it is just a happiness based evolution.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 02:14 PM
richardbru999
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectwolfie View Post
Hmm... no one's having music problems?

I'm not sure I should patch again (because everything else seems to work fine), or if it's the fact that I'm using Gameboid (which I realize is only partially supported and no one takes bugs for it atm.)
"My Boy! - GBA Emulator" for android worked better for me than Gameboid did, specifically with some of the in-game music.

Last edited by richardbru999; September 3rd, 2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 02:47 PM
Cabe

Hey people, i need help here. I'm stuck because of a big bug in Orange Islands. I already got the GS Ball, took it to Oak, went back to the Islands, beated the Gym, defeated Zane's team in Corsola Cave, went to Cave of Wisdom, got the teleport system working, got into a house in route 51 and defeated Zane's grunts and saw the little reunion scene between Zane and Mister G, H & R or whatsoever. NOW, when i surf across route 52 to get to SUNBURST ISLAND, route 52 suddenly transforms into route 100 (map show's i'm in kanto) and i can only do 3 things: surf through the rocks and go back to land to take de UNDERSEA EXPRESS (sorry for the poor english in that), fly, or try to go back to route 52. In this last case, game freezes unrepairably... Either way, i can't reach SUNBURST ISLAND. Is there any solution for this? I've already started the game all over because i got beta 3.2, i'm looking forward not to do that again.

Also, is there any benefit for your defeating-Red-with pokemon team? Every single one of them gets boosted Exp. now...

Please help!

Cabe.

P/d: I'm using intern save game almost exclusively. Only used saveslots once (for like.. 5 minits) to find a rare catch...
Old September 4th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbru999 View Post
"My Boy! - GBA Emulator" for android workeFrod better for me than Gameboid did, specifically with some of the in-game music.
Hm? It's honestly a rare sight to see an android emu better ATM... I may look into this from a source that's not the play store (Kindle Fire. Blegh) since there is a free version.
Old September 4th, 2012, 01:02 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

@Cabe: It's the end of the beta, my friend.
I think LaZ shouldn't have let us go to Route 52 for it's not complete and it has wrong connection to Route 100.
Old September 4th, 2012, 01:37 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
Ok, thanks for all the replies. I'll try to just level up my seadra and onix and see what happens.

@Cabe My onix is now at level 25 so I think it is just a happiness based evolution.
Maybe its base happiness to evolution has changed LC? try for few more levels
Old September 4th, 2012, 03:17 AM
softlinker
Unhatched Egg

I Start a new save of pokemon liquid crystal and every time i play this game, the game crash in slompke's cave after you defeat the last rocket the screen turn's black
what i'm suposed to do ????

Last edited by softlinker; September 4th, 2012 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 4th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Cabe

Quote:
@Cabe: It's the end of the beta, my friend.
I think LaZ shouldn't have let us go to Route 52 for it's not complete and it has wrong connection to Route 100.
Old September 4th, 2012, 06:49 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabe View Post

Congrats on reaching the end of the beta, BTW.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old September 4th, 2012, 10:55 AM
ShadowWolf32
Near-Expert

Quote:
That's not true. In Liquid Crystal Onix evolves by simply leveling up. I'm still not sure if it evolves at a certain level or if it is a happiness-based evolution though. Pegasus, just keep it on your team and it will just evolve, no need to trade. BTW, what level is it? Someone said in a previous post that his Rocky evolved at lvl 26. Mine evolved a bit later i think (maybe cause it changed from one beta to another or cause it's hapiness evolution).

No idea about seadra, but trade-evolutions were discarded from this hack, so most certainly it will just evolve if you keep him/her leveling up.
This makes me EXTREMELY happy. Trade evolutions were always really annoying.
Old September 4th, 2012, 06:18 PM
shinnrey

helow guys can u plss help me i downloaded the patch here but it said that the game is 3.2 beta and not 3.1 i cant beat misty because every time i battled the 5th path the game hangs and turn to black? i dont want to start from the start again i raise my pokemon the best i can pls help tnx
Old September 5th, 2012, 12:16 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinnrey View Post
helow guys can u plss help me i downloaded the patch here but it said that the game is 3.2 beta and not 3.1 i cant beat misty because every time i battled the 5th path the game hangs and turn to black? i dont want to start from the start again i raise my pokemon the best i can pls help tnx
That happenes with me all the time because I play hacks like LC on my phone.. To solve this problem copy your save file to PC and play that part with VBA emulator.. and then save back
Old September 5th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
My dear Luke, it is inevitable.
You cannot stop the flow. Everything has to end... eventually.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links