The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 5th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
Yes even the latest beta 2.1 covers the whole Kanto.
Facepalm, I'm a noob :D I meant to ask about Orange Isle :D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 8th, 2011, 01:30 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
I hope the orange isle is done.
Just seeing these videos of it is awesome.
Unless you can't get there in beta 2.1 i can't wait
Old June 9th, 2011, 03:51 PM
jstolze

I'm not sure if you know this, but I'm pretty sure the 'bad jump errors' that were occurring on GPSP were from doing an event out of order. For instance, the legendary dog event MUST be done BEFORE obtaining HM03 Surf, otherwise you'll get the error right before falling down the hole in the floor. On top of that, If you do one event out of order, the odds of screwing up the save file is slim, but still possible. Also, If you plan on fighting your rival after the Rocket event @ the Slowpoke Well, You need to do it before fighting the second gym leader. Otherwise, it will just skip the event. I was just letting you know all of this because I'm curious if those bug(s) can even be fixed... If not, it's fine, I've can work around it. By the way, you're doing an excellent job. Keep it up!
Old June 12th, 2011, 11:21 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
I hope the orange isle is done.
Just seeing these videos of it is awesome.
Unless you can't get there in beta 2.1 i can't wait :laugh:
In answer to both of you, I stated in my post or somewhere that only the first of the five islands are completed and will be available fully in beta 3.1. The full 5 islands with an extra 6th island will be available for beta 4, aka the probably finished version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstolze View Post
I'm not sure if you know this, but I'm pretty sure the 'bad jump errors' that were occurring on GPSP were from doing an event out of order. For instance, the legendary dog event MUST be done BEFORE obtaining HM03 Surf, otherwise you'll get the error right before falling down the hole in the floor. On top of that, If you do one event out of order, the odds of screwing up the save file is slim, but still possible. Also, If you plan on fighting your rival after the Rocket event @ the Slowpoke Well, You need to do it before fighting the second gym leader. Otherwise, it will just skip the event. I was just letting you know all of this because I'm curious if those bug(s) can even be fixed... If not, it's fine, I've can work around it. By the way, you're doing an excellent job. Keep it up!
Interesting that you mention this, i'll look into it. I was wondering about the order of events myself.
Old June 12th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Larvitar719
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Gentle
im playing this on an emulator on my Android and when i a fall into the room where the dogs are it freezes what is wrong?
Old June 12th, 2011, 06:47 PM
jstolze

@Larvitar719
It's because you did an event out of order. Have you already defeated the 5 dancers and obtained HM 03 Surf? If so, then you might be out of luck for now...
Old June 12th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
In answer to both of you, I stated in my post or somewhere that only the first of the five islands are completed and will be available fully in beta 3.1. The full 5 islands with an extra 6th island will be available for beta 4, aka the probably finished version.
I see, so it will be the same length as the previous version. Okay thanks for answering =)

Old June 13th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Lurtzh
Beginning Trainer

what about Feraligatr back sprite? you should change it, cus its kinda annoying seeing his butt
Old June 13th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Jaeden
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
I'm not sure this is a bug, but it snowed in New Bark, Sandstormed on Route 29, and thunderstormed on Route 30. Just seems weird...

Edit: It is now Sandstorming on route 30...

Current Challenges
Spoiler:
Ultimate Water Monotype:
Kanto- Done!
Johto- Done!
Hoenn- Done!
Sinnoh- Halted
Old June 14th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Maxim
Heavy Metal Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeden View Post
I'm not sure this is a bug, but it snowed in New Bark, Sandstormed on Route 29, and thunderstormed on Route 30. Just seems weird...

No, it's actually a feature of this hack.

A very annoying feature.
After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.
Old June 15th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeden View Post

It's a feature.
It's makes the hack somewhat challenging because the weather effects pokémon ... like rain powers water type. Sandstorm hurts all types barring ground and rock at end of turns.

It's quite a good feature tbh.
Old June 15th, 2011, 03:33 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Quote:
I see, so it will be the same length as the previous version. Okay thanks for answering =)
Well the last beta only went up to the first gym. This adds a little extra not much though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurtzh View Post
what about Feraligatr back sprite? you should change it, cus its kinda annoying seeing his butt
I love that back sprite its funny lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
It's a feature.
It's makes the hack somewhat challenging because the weather effects pokémon ... like rain powers water type. Sandstorm hurts all types barring ground and rock at end of turns.

It's quite a good feature tbh.
The weather in beta 2.1 was for the week day events to happen and also for a bit of variety. I had to use 7 different ones for each of the days. In 3.1 thats not a problem so the weather is limited to only common ones, plus seasonable weather based on the UK.
Old June 16th, 2011, 10:00 AM
phlipn3
Beginning Trainer

i think that i have already told you, but the receiving pokemon events does not work because the sprites and battle crys are messed up, and the pokemon does not evolve (dont know if you made it like that) but its for every pokemon that you receive from people (aka the starters) i think its like a Missingno glitch or something
Old June 16th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlipn3 View Post
i think that i have already told you, but the receiving pokemon events does not work because the sprites and battle crys are messed up, and the pokemon does not evolve (dont know if you made it like that) but its for every pokemon that you receive from people (aka the starters) i think its like a Missingno glitch or something
Are they Johto and Hoenn ones? If yes then it's just due to the fact that you don't have National Dex.

Old June 16th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Nickmonster
I AmThe Best So Give It A Rest

I am gonna start playing on Beta 2.1 so I can get ready for 3.1. This looks really nice. Good luck on finishing it.
Old June 17th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurtzh View Post
You see, a lot of people complain about that. But Feraligatr didn't get a change of backsprite. So yeah, the Nintendo-made backsprite will be changed.. I'll see if I can make a custom one.

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
Old June 17th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Lugiaz Soul
I support Crystal Dust

I still think this thread deserves a nice layout.
Old June 18th, 2011, 06:03 AM
OHM2010
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Are they Johto and Hoenn ones? If yes then it's just due to the fact that you don't have National Dex.
So wait. If we have/had the National Dex when we get them, will they work normally?
Old June 18th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHM2010 View Post
So wait. If we have/had the National Dex when we get them, will they work normally?
Of course =D Any non-Kanto pokémon evolve once you obtain National Dex =)

Old June 18th, 2011, 10:11 AM
jstolze

Quote:
I thought that the evolution error was only the case for fire red/leaf green. I used a save state editor before on Liquid Crystal and I gave myself a Slakoth via the editor, and it evolved without hassle, but when I tried on FR, it didn't work... Also, if anyone happens to want to try the editor, go here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249554 (I posted it in the wrong thread, and an admin locked it...) Some of it's in Spanish, but a lot has been translated. It works on all versions of R/S/E/FR/LG. I did not make this just fyi, I used Google to find it.
Old June 18th, 2011, 04:01 PM
OHM2010
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
I gotta admit, i feel kinda retarded now. I hadnt even tried to evolve them again after I got the National Dex. *facepalm*
Old June 19th, 2011, 10:14 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Well guys, I've tested up til Lavender already which is pretty good. Just wanted to say something about all the old trainer requests.

Lots of people requested to be in victory road, near the league or someplace around there. Well I've decided to place them all over the place otherwise there will be 100 trainers on victory road. Instead i'll just spread them out across all 3 regions to make them more balanced and i'll adjust the levels based on the area i choose (like before). Just saying that the trainers will be there, just not where you wanted them originally.
Old June 19th, 2011, 10:29 AM
monkeyboi
Pokemon hack/game player

Great to hear that the trainers will still be in the game I liked the originality and extra trainers to fight.

Though are you fixing the trainers that were wrong? I remember that a couple of the trainers had the wrong pokemon suggested, like the one I did. Located in the Cinibar volcano was supposed to be a trainer with fire types only however he had 1 fire type and then flying type pokemon. I Think there were others as well just can't remember the specifics.

Can't wait for the new beta, was thrilled that this thing got picked back up.

-If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

What am I up to currently?
Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it
Old June 19th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Just wanted to say something about all the old trainer requests.
I'd like to be there as well if possible =D

Old June 19th, 2011, 11:56 PM
lukasz_pro
Saiyan Prince

Nature: Hardy
great info here :D
i cant wait 3.1 !!!
i hope it will be ready soon ;]
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links