The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 8th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Viktormizer
Unhatched Egg

Update: Houndour IS on Route 7. Easily the rarest Pokemon there, but it's there & they appear both during day & night. Not sure if it's also on Mt. Mortar or not, but I had no luck finding one there. Now if I can just get a Tyranitar & a third Moon Stone my perfect team will be complete.
Old November 8th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Jambo: what's the missing .ini file? Makes it a lot easier to answer questions like "Where is Houndour?" if I can look at the data. Already doing this in the Light Platinum thread (but no special .ini needed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktormizer View Post
Update: Houndour IS on Route 7. Easily the rarest Pokemon there, but it's there & they appear both during day & night. Not sure if it's also on Mt. Mortar or not, but I had no luck finding one there.
According to the original game and both G/S HG/SS, you won't find it there.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old November 8th, 2012, 03:54 PM
WooHooDude
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Naughty
Does beta 3.2 complete the entire game?
Old November 8th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Viktormizer
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Jambo: what's the missing .ini file? Makes it a lot easier to answer questions like "Where is Houndour?" if I can look at the data. Already doing this in the Light Platinum thread (but no special .ini needed).

According to the original game and both G/S HG/SS, you won't find it there.

Cyclone
Yeah I found it odd too, the in-game Pokedex for LC shows Houndour's location as Route 7 as well. But other people in this thread are saying they got one inside Mt. Mortar.
Old November 8th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WooHooDude View Post
Does beta 3.2 complete the entire game?
No.

Something like half the second island.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old November 8th, 2012, 05:47 PM
WooHooDude
Unhatched Egg

So then when I complete Beta 3.2 can I use that save state on the newer beta whenever it comes out?

Last edited by WooHooDude; November 8th, 2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old November 8th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
So then when I complete Beta 3.2 can I use that save state on the newer beta whenever it comes out?
That is not known. The 3.1 save could not be used, after all.

Cyclone

Old November 8th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Bibekdeep

First off, I am playing the newest beta out 3.2 (Not 3.1) however I cannot find 3.2 forums so I put my problem here. I could not find an IPS of this beta because I don't think it is out yet... only found the .gba file and downloaded it...

My problem: I got an Eeevee and I wanted an Umbreon (never used one before)... anyway, it is now 9:30 pm and I am training Eevee and he has enough happiness to evolve... the thing is Eevee keeps evolving into Espeon at night... I think this might be a glitch...

I'm not sure if this problem only happens in beta 3.2 (I have to get beta 3.1 again and check).
Old November 8th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Viktormizer
Unhatched Egg

Is there an EXP Share item in this game?
Old November 8th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Did you get the Red Gyarados (assuming it's programmed in the game)? And take the Red Scale to Mr. Pokémon (assuming it's also programmed in the game)?

Cyclone

Old November 8th, 2012, 11:37 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibekdeep View Post
First off, I am playing the newest beta out 3.2 (Not 3.1) however I cannot find 3.2 forums so I put my problem here. I could not find an IPS of this beta because I don't think it is out yet... only found the .gba file and downloaded it...

My problem: I got an Eeevee and I wanted an Umbreon (never used one before)... anyway, it is now 9:30 pm and I am training Eevee and he has enough happiness to evolve... the thing is Eevee keeps evolving into Espeon at night... I think this might be a glitch...

I'm not sure if this problem only happens in beta 3.2 (I have to get beta 3.1 again and check).
According to Jambo If you tried to play save game of beta 3.1 on beta 3.2 that will be a glitchy. But I haven't heard LaZ or from Zeikku if this is possible when they release beta 4
Old November 9th, 2012, 01:03 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Then do what I advised. Then no .ini will be needed.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old November 9th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibekdeep View Post

What emulator are you using? I've tested the evolution myself on VBA-M, VBA, VBA-L and No$GBA, and it worked on all 4 of them. It also worked on VBA-H if you manually set the time in memory (because VBA-H doesn't support the RTC).

Quote:
We aren't planning any major memory overhaul, so yes, it should be perfectly fine. One thing, use the in game save, not savestates if possible. Savestates can (not will) cause bugs on their own, and if you then report a bug caused by a savestate, we will spend hours on hours trying to track down a non-existant bug.
Old November 9th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Centralizer
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
I found an EXP Share in the Rocket Treasure Hunt minigame on the first orange island.

Also, I'm in the Cave of Wisdom minigame and I just found a Prinplup. I'd post a screenshot of it but I don't have 15 posts. It was just two big white question marks and it only used tackle. It also didn't seem to be weak to electric.
Old November 9th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centralizer View Post
I found an EXP Share in the Rocket Treasure Hunt minigame on the first orange island.

Also, I'm in the Cave of Wisdom minigame and I just found a Prinplup. I'd post a screenshot of it but I don't have 15 posts. It was just two big white question marks and it only used tackle. It also didn't seem to be weak to electric.
It's not a real Prinplup. It's a remnant from me copying the decapitalised Pokémon names over from the 649 Patch. That's all it is. Still technically a bug, though, since you obviously shouldn't be able to encounter it.
Old November 9th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
It's not a real Prinplup. It's a remnant from me copying the decapitalised Pokémon names over from the 649 Patch. That's all it is. Still technically a bug, though, since you obviously shouldn't be able to encounter it.
Congratulations, you caught MISSINGNO.!

(Hey, it works.)

Cyclone

Old November 9th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Viktormizer
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Did you get the Red Gyarados (assuming it's programmed in the game)? And take the Red Scale to Mr. Pokémon (assuming it's also programmed in the game)?

Cyclone
Not sure about Mr. Pokemon, but the Red Gyarados & Red Scale are in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centralizer View Post

Thanks for the tip.

I encountered one of those in Dragons Den (different Pokemon name, same sprite), figured it was a glitch & killed it.

Also, does Move Relearner exist in this game? I caught Gengar from the Vermillion event & it's moveset is awful, it knows Dream Eater but doesn't know Hypnosis. I hope there's a third Moon Stone at some point so I can just evolve my Haunter.
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Not sure about Mr. Pokemon, but the Red Gyarados & Red Scale are in the game.
Take the Red Scale to Mr. Pokémon on Route 30 and see if he exchanges it. If not, there may be some other use for it added to this game.

Quote:
Also, does Move Relearner exist in this game? I caught Gengar from the Vermillion event & it's moveset is awful, it knows Dream Eater but doesn't know Hypnosis. I hope there's a third Moon Stone at some point so I can just evolve my Haunter.
Check Blackthorne City. If you can't do it there, I have no idea. You may need Heart Scales.

Cyclone

Old November 9th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Pokemon Trainer Kevin

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
In every Pokemon center, in the top left corner, there should be a computer. It will reteach your Pokemon moves for free.
Old November 9th, 2012, 11:09 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Kevin View Post
In every Pokemon center, in the top left corner, there should be a computer. It will reteach your Pokemon moves for free.
Technically you must encounter Bill first in Ecruteak's PokeCenter for this to happen
Old November 10th, 2012, 04:41 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

I got my EXP Share from Mr. Pokemon for giving him the Red Scale so yeah the event works fine

Will you make a version with easier difficulty the games very hard from the start, and its very hard to beat both axel and silver in azalea i mean cmon axel even got a dragon pokemon...
The hack feels to be like a X version now lol its challenging but it can be frustrating too so i guess a normal version would be cool

Last edited by Hound of Justice; November 10th, 2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old November 11th, 2012, 10:55 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
I got my EXP Share from Mr. Pokemon for giving him the Red Scale so yeah the event works fine

Will you make a version with easier difficulty the games very hard from the start, and its very hard to beat both axel and silver in azalea i mean cmon axel even got a dragon pokemon...
The hack feels to be like a X version now lol its challenging but it can be frustrating too so i guess a normal version would be cool
Yeah I agree with you the hacks remind us Shiny Gold X of Zel at that stage. But I think its not that hard too. You just need a strategy to beat Both of those guys and thats all
Old November 12th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Uzigunner

Nature: Gentle
Love this game actually, secretly played all your betas and really am impressed with your work actually, but random question though, u plan on changing Silver's Battle sprite with his HG/SS Battle Sprite or r u just gonna stick with the current one?
Old November 12th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Viktormizer
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Kevin View Post
Had no idea about this, great addition to the game & very useful.

What do I do after beating Misty? Nothing triggers when I go near Digglett's Cave from either side, I got all of the Cerulean Cave items (Mewtwo isn't at his normal spot) & nothing happens there either. I think I'm missing something from the Radio Tower that lets me wake up Snorlax.
Old November 12th, 2012, 10:32 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Had no idea about this, great addition to the game & very useful.

What do I do after beating Misty? Nothing triggers when I go near Digglett's Cave from either side, I got all of the Cerulean Cave items (Mewtwo isn't at his normal spot) & nothing happens there either. I think I'm missing something from the Radio Tower that lets me wake up Snorlax.
You have to complete the Power Plant event as well as in Rock Tunnel in order for that Director of Radio Tower to give you PokeTar
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links