The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 24th, 2011, 03:07 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Well, regardless of what Zeikku is doing, I'm quitting LC. Simple as that.

Hehe I joke I'm not quitting don't worry! Instead I have an update. Kanto part 3 has been tested, and i'm now onto Kanto part 4, which isn't made yet. It will be made then tested and then I can move onto the final touches, then the final test.
Old June 24th, 2011, 03:51 AM
DVK
Hack based-God

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DVK
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post

Hehe I joke I'm not quitting don't worry! Instead I have an update. Kanto part 3 has been tested, and i'm now onto Kanto part 4, which isn't made yet. It will be made then tested and then I can move onto the final touches, then the final test.
that's good that your not quitting Link, i'm looking foward to the final Version of this, i have played up until kanto on this and i must admit this is one of my favourite hacks, and no i don't have nostalgia goggles or whatever i actually despise G/S/C anyway good luck and if you ever need help with something hack related other than scripting, give me a message xD

EDIT: i see that you need a graphic artist i could help you out from monday when i have free time and stuff (And get my computer back) if not aww well good luck anyway.

Old June 24th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post

Dammit, you scared me. Well anyways, looking forward to the beta
Old June 24th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Varelse
Indeed a fan

Quick question, I'm playing Beta 2.1, and I just got enough coins to buy a Scyther in the Goldenrod Game corner, but whenever I buy it, it's Swarm, not Technician. Could someone tell me if it's always going to be Swarm or am I just getting unlucky, thanks!

Last edited by Varelse; June 24th, 2011 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Grammar fail
Old June 24th, 2011, 11:02 AM
war rock exe
Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
Quick question, I'm playing Beta 2.1, and I just got enough coins to buy a Scyther in the Goldenrod Game corner, but whenever I buy it, it's Swarm, not Technician. Could someone tell me if it's always going to be Swarm or am I just getting unlucky, thanks!
well Technician is an ability for 4th gen games meaning it hasn't been invented in FR
Old June 24th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Varelse
Indeed a fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by war rock exe View Post
well Technician is an ability for 4th gen games meaning it hasn't been invented in FR
Oh lol, didn't know that....Thanks
Old June 24th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Wow I'm absent for a day and LC is almost over o.O
Sad to see Zeikku quitting :/ but I believe that LaZ finds someone who can take care of graphic part of hack =)
Old June 26th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Tiresiano
Beginning Trainer

Until where does this hack go? Seems very good. =)
Old June 26th, 2011, 02:46 PM
AshtonTS
Umbreon

Nature: Rash
Hey, this is a really nice hack. I'd just like to point out the good and bad about this hack.

The Bad:
Some crappy spritework- all Johto gym leaders so far (bugsy has googly eyes, fail), male trainer battle backsprite, female trainer in general, AXEL battle sprite, and female rocket members

A few glitches- I talked to one guy in the rocket hideout in Mohogany town, and the game crashed, and the text is glitchy in some areas.

The good-
Awesome Pokemon Center,
I love the new additions to the original storyline,
Awesome stat boxes in battle

Hope all this made sense

Old June 27th, 2011, 12:31 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshtonTS View Post
Hey, this is a really nice hack. I'd just like to point out the good and bad about this hack.

The Bad:
Some crappy spritework- all Johto gym leaders so far (bugsy has googly eyes, fail), male trainer battle backsprite, female trainer in general, AXEL battle sprite, and female rocket members

A few glitches- I talked to one guy in the rocket hideout in Mohogany town, and the game crashed, and the text is glitchy in some areas.

The good-
Awesome Pokemon Center,
I love the new additions to the original storyline,
Awesome stat boxes in battle

Hope all this made sense
I never made any of the sprites you mentioned we just useds other artist's work, so I'll make some custom ones. As for Axel's battle sprite, I strongly agree with you. I always hated Axel's tacky battle sprite (which I never made). However, LaZ did. In the past, I did make an Axel sprite but LaZ chose the current one over this:

But LaZ wanted a cape on it. Which I didn't want to do because capes look tacky.

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.

Last edited by Zeikku™; June 29th, 2011 at 03:48 AM.
Old June 27th, 2011, 04:05 AM
AshtonTS
Umbreon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeikku™ View Post
I never made any of the sprites you mentioned we just users other artist's work, so I'll make some custom ones. As for Axel's battle sprite, I strongly agree with you. I always hated Axel's tacky battle sprite (which I never made). However, LaZ did. In the past, I did make an Axel sprite but LaZ chose the current one over this:

But LaZ wanted a cape on it. Which I didn't want to do because capes look tacky.
Yeah. I like the one you made much better. It looks more realistic. Anyway, most of the spritework is really, really nice, just not the ones that you didn't make BTW, I really like Clair's sprite, so not ALL the gym leaders are bad
This is such a good hack. I can't stop playing it. It's so interesting! Nice work

Old June 27th, 2011, 06:43 AM
SDODC13
Champion Miki wants to {blank}

@LaZ Hey I'm glad to see ya back and working on this project. Hope to see some more of the stuff I love from your original beta's.

In Development. People Needed.
Old June 27th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Olivier4444
Beginning Trainer

Is this bug fixed in 3.1:
If you go inside the burned tower and see suicune etc, the screen freezes.

Last edited by Olivier4444; June 27th, 2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old June 27th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Lugiaz Soul
I support Crystal Dust

Is day and night going to be a feature in 3.1? And if it is, are the windows going to be lit at night? Maybe even some lampposts?
EDIT: Is it possible for LaZ to send me LC 3.0 because I lost mine. I got it over on thepkmnworld about half a year ago.

Last edited by Lugiaz Soul; June 27th, 2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old June 27th, 2011, 01:05 PM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier4444 View Post
Is this bug fixed in 3.1:
If you go inside the burned tower and see suicune etc, the screen freezes.
I will work on that but i never received the bug before, so can not promise it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugiaz Soul View Post
Is day and night going to be a feature in 3.1? And if it is, are the windows going to be lit at night? Maybe even some lampposts?
EDIT: Is it possible for LaZ to send me LC 3.0 because I lost mine. I got it over on thepkmnworld about half a year ago.
Currently the pallets will not change to make things light up at night, however that would be very awesome and i could probably sort something for the next beta. I can't send you the 3.0 again because I don't have that file anymore sorry :(

UPDATE: I'm 35% done with kanto part 4, and also I have something special. A friend of mine interviewed me and zeikku about the hack and other things. Here is the link to the promo video he made of liquid crystal beta 3.1 a while back.

The link to the mp3 download is in the description of the video. Remember if you liked the video and the interview, then don't forget to subscribe to VK ;)

Last edited by linkandzelda; June 29th, 2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old June 27th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Lugiaz Soul
I support Crystal Dust

So the release is in the summer? I can't wait! I remember S_Z said something about having animted battle sprites. How come in the video Drowzee didn't move around?
Old June 27th, 2011, 11:13 PM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugiaz Soul View Post
So the release is in the summer? I can't wait! I remember S_Z said something about having animted battle sprites. How come in the video Drowzee didn't move around?
There won't be huge graphical changes like that until beta 4.
Old June 28th, 2011, 08:48 AM
AshtonTS
Umbreon

Where do you find the Poké Flute? I need to get past Snorlax, but I can't find it

EDIT: Found It! and it's not a flute, it's a guitar!

Last edited by AshtonTS; June 28th, 2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old June 29th, 2011, 08:46 AM
liquidcrystaluser1234

I'm wondering how to fix the glitch on my VisualBoyAdvance where after I fight my rival and beat him in the Ecruteak Burned Tower, the screen goes black and I can't really anything but restart (or in my case my save slot). Is there a fix to this?

I do have one cheat code on there, the GameShark walk through walls, but it's always been set to disabled.
Old June 29th, 2011, 02:49 PM
hi sir tomato my password is syvniti's Avatar
hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
gggggggggggggggggg

Okay, So I have been doing some asm hacking for LAZ, and just thought I'd show the progress.
Can anyway guess what it is? :p

As you might can see this is far from done....
Just wanted to show how it looks so far.
Ofcause all the graphic will be edited by linkandzelda.
As it is right now, It can't open anything, and can't be closed propperly yet, but I'm working on it :D

well, enjoy!
Old June 29th, 2011, 04:26 PM
AshtonTS
Umbreon

Hey, I got another ?, (hopefully my last one) Where do I get the Exp. Share? I can't find it and I need it badly

Old June 29th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidcrystaluser1234 View Post
I'm wondering how to fix the glitch on my VisualBoyAdvance where after I fight my rival and beat him in the Ecruteak Burned Tower, the screen goes black and I can't really anything but restart (or in my case my save slot). Is there a fix to this?
Use speed glitch and after 40 or something seconds black screen will eventually disappear =)
Old June 30th, 2011, 05:23 AM
akibaman
I'm discombobulated.

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshtonTS View Post
Hey, I got another ?, (hopefully my last one) Where do I get the Exp. Share? I can't find it and I need it badly
Take the Red Scale you got from the red gyarados and give it to Mr.Pokemon (The guy from the beginning with Prof.Oak)
Old June 30th, 2011, 08:49 AM
AshtonTS
Umbreon

Quote:
Originally Posted by akibaman View Post
Take the Red Scale you got from the red gyarados and give it to Mr.Pokemon (The guy from the beginning with Prof.Oak)
Thanks, I remember that from the original G/S/C, but I read somewhere that that wouldn't work in LC so I didn't even bother to try it, but thanks. It worked!

Old June 30th, 2011, 09:45 AM
twicezzz
Beginning Trainer

mhh i play it first time should i play now or wait for 3.1?:/
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links