The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 14th, 2013, 10:57 PM
helloimalex
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Yes you can have all the six starters in Liquid Crystal.

Yes all the pokes up to Gen 3 are available in Liquid Crystal and yes read mu above comment
Okay well can you tell me HOW I can get them? And I've checked the pokemon location list and it doesn't look like all up to gen 3 are available, unless I'm reading it wrong.
Old February 15th, 2013, 12:01 AM
ISNorden
Teddiursa

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to ISNorden
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Yes you can have all the six starters in Liquid Crystal.

Yes all the pokes up to Gen 3 are available in Liquid Crystal and yes read mu above comment

Cool...have you considered writing up a guide to finding the eligible species that don't normally appear in FireRed, in your hack? I'd like to cross a few favorites off my to-catch list, if you could please give some hints.

" Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"
Old February 15th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Strikes

Guess in order to get Torchic atm I will need to trade over or use a gameshark then right? Is there a move tutor that teaches Thunderpunch in the game? In Crystal there was at game corner but only on certain days. I am wondering if that is still the case or if there is another move tutor that teaches thundermoves in Liquid Crystal?
Old February 15th, 2013, 09:25 AM
deadmenskill
Unhatched Egg

I'm having a problem and I hope someone here can help me out, I already searched but didn't find the answer I am looking for.
I think I sold my Red Flute is there any way to get it again? Because otherwise I won't be able to catch moltres right?
Old February 15th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmenskill View Post
I'm having a problem and I hope someone here can help me out, I already searched but didn't find the answer I am looking for.
I think I sold my Red Flute is there any way to get it again? Because otherwise I won't be able to catch moltres right?
It's a key item. You did not sell it it's impossible since it a keyitem. The game won't let you sell it.
Old February 15th, 2013, 12:13 PM
johnlrc

hey guys great hack , how is the trading system going ? i recently started playing emerald on my android and i hope i can get my pokemon to liquid crystal if possible, the game is just superb
i am using gameboid

greetings
Old February 15th, 2013, 12:58 PM
helloimalex
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikes View Post
Guess in order to get Torchic atm I will need to trade over or use a gameshark then right? Is there a move tutor that teaches Thunderpunch in the game? In Crystal there was at game corner but only on certain days. I am wondering if that is still the case or if there is another move tutor that teaches thundermoves in Liquid Crystal?
Actually you can buy thunderpunch at the goldenrod gym, Ijust taught it to my typhlosion.(:

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlrc View Post
hey guys great hack , how is the trading system going ? i recently started playing emerald on my android and i hope i can get my pokemon to liquid crystal if possible, the game is just superb
i am using gameboid

greetings
:o can you explain what you're doing?

Last edited by helloimalex; February 15th, 2013 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 15th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloimalex View Post
Actually you can buy thunderpunch at the goldenrod gym, Ijust taught it to my typhlosion.(:
Seriously? Thought you needed a move tutor. But you say you bought it at the gym? Sounds interesting. Thanks.
Old February 15th, 2013, 01:12 PM
deadmenskill
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
It's a key item. You did not sell it it's impossible since it a keyitem. The game won't let you sell it.
It's not in my key items bag, nor are the White, Yellow, Blue flutes. The Red Flute is supposed to be obtained from Axel right? Because Axel isnt my rival anymore (17 badges atm, finished special HQ)
If I'm wrong could anyone please tell me where to get the Red Flute?
Old February 15th, 2013, 02:29 PM
johnlrc

Quote:
:o can you explain what you're doing?
nothing special , just installed gameboid , changed the settings to save flash 128K
i had been playing emerald for about a week and i have some decent pokemon and i was hoping i could get them to liquid crystal
Old February 15th, 2013, 03:05 PM
linkofhyrule
Unhatched Egg

Has volt tackle been put into this game? Also I read somewhere on here you can catch Larvitar in Mt. Motar? Is this true? I need to know, both are the essential to my prefered party and i do not want to trail all the way thru the game to get larvitar... again
Old February 15th, 2013, 03:39 PM
helloimalex
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Seriously? Thought you needed a move tutor. But you say you bought it at the gym? Sounds interesting. Thanks.

I meant the goldenrod mart 5f
Old February 15th, 2013, 03:58 PM
FIQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmenskill View Post
It's not in my key items bag, nor are the White, Yellow, Blue flutes. The Red Flute is supposed to be obtained from Axel right? Because Axel isnt my rival anymore (17 badges atm, finished special HQ)
If I'm wrong could anyone please tell me where to get the Red Flute?
The flutes are indeed in the normal bag. If you sold your red flute, you're kinda screwed. There used to be a glitch that allowed you to get any item but key items which you could have abused, but that bug is fixed now...
Old February 15th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Strikes

Edit: Nevermind I solved the problem.

Last edited by Strikes; February 15th, 2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old February 15th, 2013, 05:53 PM
jstolze

I just encountered an odd glitch. Right before the Rival battle, he ran up as usual, but then paused for a second, and then it said something about "This is to prevent a freeze in a NPC without a script" Then I pressed A on him then he ran IN the trees. So, I did edit the game with YAPE, but I've done it before and didn't experience this weird glitch. This is also the second time I played this version and the last time it didn't do this. Oh and I'm not using any codes at all... The game is fine now, but I hope it doesn't do this again, because next time I might be unlucky and it might stop the game from progressing.
Old February 15th, 2013, 10:31 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Okay well can you tell me HOW I can get them? And I've checked the pokemon location list and it doesn't look like all up to gen 3 are available, unless I'm reading it wrong.
Well one Johto starter is where you choose when you start the hack. Let's say you choose Cyndaquil. Totodile is given to you by an old man in Dark Cave. Through the entrance of Blackthorn city. Chikorita is given to you by an NPC inside Tohjo falls (In the area where you find a Moon Stone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISNorden View Post
Cool...have you considered writing up a guide to finding the eligible species that don't normally appear in FireRed, in your hack? I'd like to cross a few favorites off my to-catch list, if you could please give some hints.
Check my answer I just made above for your question too.

Last edited by alienhunterx; February 15th, 2013 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 16th, 2013, 06:09 AM
kensarcher
Hack Addict

Nature: Relaxed
i already have 18 badges all in all but oak didnt gave me anything.. he just usually check my pokedex and saying "i'll give you itemfinder", and how to get to orange island and where can i find the yellow flute?
Pokemon Victory Fire and
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Life of Guardians
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Reign Of Legends
Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Pokemon Red: Red Story

________________________< My Pokemon Dark Rising Team>___________________________
Old February 16th, 2013, 08:24 AM
FIQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstolze View Post
I just encountered an odd glitch. Right before the Rival battle, he ran up as usual, but then paused for a second, and then it said something about "This is to prevent a freeze in a NPC without a script" Then I pressed A on him then he ran IN the trees. So, I did edit the game with YAPE, but I've done it before and didn't experience this weird glitch. This is also the second time I played this version and the last time it didn't do this. Oh and I'm not using any codes at all... The game is fine now, but I hope it doesn't do this again, because next time I might be unlucky and it might stop the game from progressing.
Don't edit the game with YAPE, it does weird stuff to the game.
Old February 16th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Phasm
Unhatched Egg

I started playing this hack in NO$GBA, as the version of VBA necessary for the time/day effects isn't available for MacOSX. It's been working fine, until this morning.

The game itself still plays normally, but attempting to check a Pokemon's summary through the menu causes the screen to go black, like it's transitioning normally, but not come back up. The background music continues to play normally, but pressing B or any of the other buttons appears to do nothing (no beeping when you press it, etc).

Has anyone encountered anything similar? I don't know if this is an issue with the game or the emulator.

Edit: This also occurs when a Pokemon learns a new move and has to forget an older one.

Last edited by Phasm; February 16th, 2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old February 16th, 2013, 02:07 PM
helloimalex
Unhatched Egg

Ugh can anyone help me with the code for getting through the goldenrod basement where team rocket is? I've been doing this for hours.
Old February 16th, 2013, 05:40 PM
egiannis
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Timid
You put awesome work in this hack congratulations!!I really enjoyed it!
Old February 16th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Strikes

Quote:
I meant the goldenrod mart 5f
Nope. Only certain types can learn that one. A move tutor will teach it no matter what.

Anyone know if and/or where there is a move tutor that teaches thunder punch is at? Trying to get my Blaziken to learn it.
Old February 17th, 2013, 03:19 AM
Yoshidraak
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Nope. Only certain types can learn that one. A move tutor will teach it no matter what.

Anyone know if and/or where there is a move tutor that teaches thunder punch is at? Trying to get my Blaziken to learn it.
There are no move tutors in this game that teach a move which is available through TM's. Just like in any pokemon game.
Old February 17th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Tojo

I would like to ask about Beldum´s catchrate, because it was easier to catch Suicune than him
Old February 17th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshidraak View Post
There are no move tutors in this game that teach a move which is available through TM's. Just like in any pokemon game.
Wrong. Read this to find out more on move tutors http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Move_Tutor
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here