The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #3626    
Old February 17th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Yoshidraak
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikes View Post
Wrong. Read this to find out more on move tutors
I do not see any Gen 3 move tutor in that list that teaches a move which is also available through TM in the same generation.
Reply With Quote
  #3627    
Old February 17th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Strikes's Avatar
Strikes
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshidraak View Post
I do not see any Gen 3 move tutor in that list that teaches a move which is also available through TM in the same generation.
That isn't what a move tutor is. It is supposed to teach moves to a pokemon that it cannot normally learn from breeding, on it's own, or from a TM/HM. For example, Combusken cannot learn Thunderpunch from a TM, but a move tutor will be able to teach it Thunderpunch.

I just found out that in pokemon crystal, after you get into the hall of fame an old fella appears in the game corner at Goldenrod city. One of the moves it teaches to your pokemon is thunderpunch. Since this is a direct remake of Crystal he should appear after the league. Part of me hoped he would be there anyway since the people that are supposed to show up on certain days and pokemon that appear at certain times of days show up anytime. I was hoping he would be in the same case. Sadly he was not. So I'll have to wait.
Reply With Quote
  #3628    
Old February 17th, 2013, 09:45 AM
ISNorden's Avatar
ISNorden
Teddiursa
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to ISNorden
Is there a good place to get a Ground, Electric, or Fighting-type near Violet City? When Falkner defeated me recently, most of my team was weak to Flying moves. (I know about the boy who wants to trade a Bellspout for an Onix, but Bellsprout themselves are pretty hard to find in this hack.)


On a related note: Are there any trainers on Route 30 worth fighting after Zane is defeated? If the rest of my team (besides a 13th level Chikorita) is going to stand a chance in Falkner's Gym, they need more practice.
__________________
Ingeborg S. Nordén

" Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"
Reply With Quote
  #3629    
Old February 17th, 2013, 12:07 PM
GenericUsername1337
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Greetings, big fan.
I've been playing this hack for a while now. [Just beaten the Elite Four]
Before I actually travel to Kanto, I've decided to find as many secrets from Johto as possible.
I'm currently in Outskirt Island. But here's the problem:
I found all the necessary [Red, Blue and Yellow] flutes, and I solved all Ruins of Alph puzzles. But when I return to the island, nothing happens. Am I missing anything? Any other places I need to go to? Any items I require?
Help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #3630    
Old February 17th, 2013, 09:05 PM
helloimalex
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikes View Post
Wrong. Read this to find out more on move tutors (link)


Are you just like determined to be right? I don't think I've ever heard of a move tutor teaching thunderpunch. Why would they when you can buy it? I've played every pokemon game there is. Every. Single. One. Not only can you buy thunderpunch, but you can ALSO find it in silph co when you get to kanto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISNorden View Post
Is there a good place to get a Ground, Electric, or Fighting-type near Violet City? When Falkner defeated me recently, most of my team was weak to Flying moves. (I know about the boy who wants to trade a Bellspout for an Onix, but Bellsprout themselves are pretty hard to find in this hack.)


On a related note: Are there any trainers on Route 30 worth fighting after Zane is defeated? If the rest of my team (besides a 13th level Chikorita) is going to stand a chance in Falkner's Gym, they need more practice.
Bellsprout can easily be found right outside the entrance that you used to enter violet city. My advice to you when it comes to training is to take your pokemon into dark cave. Two reasons. 1) there's no hail or rain to drag your battles on and 2) you get a hell of a lot of hp for defeating them.
__________________
I'll do whatever it takes
To be the mistake
You can't live without

Last edited by helloimalex; February 17th, 2013 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #3631    
Old February 17th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Strikes's Avatar
Strikes
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloimalex View Post
Are you just like determined to be right? I don't think I've ever heard of a move tutor teaching thunderpunch. Why would they when you can buy it? I've played every pokemon game there is. Every. Single. One. Not only can you buy thunderpunch, but you can ALSO find it in silph co when you get to kanto!
..wow..did you even go to the link I posted? It has nothing to do with "wanting to be right". Read the link I posted. Move tutors teach moves that pokemon cannot learn through a tm or otherwise. Blaziken cannot learn Thunderpunch through a Tm. It will not allow it. A Move tutor CAN teach Blaziken Thunder Punch. If you go to my link you would understand this. It really isn't hard to comprehend.

Yes you can buy the thunderpunch TM. But some pokemon just cannot be taught how to use Thunderpunch even with a TM. A Move tutor CAN teach those pokemon to use that move.
Reply With Quote
  #3632    
Old February 17th, 2013, 10:37 PM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloimalex View Post
Ugh can anyone help me with the code for getting through the goldenrod basement where team rocket is? I've been doing this for hours.
Have you beat Pryce by now? Because that is necessary to trigger the events there. If you are trying to get too early well......... you will not succeed

[QUOTE=alienhunterx;7543349[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISNorden View Post
Is there a good place to get a Ground, Electric, or Fighting-type near Violet City? When Falkner defeated me recently, most of my team was weak to Flying moves. (I know about the boy who wants to trade a Bellspout for an Onix, but Bellsprout themselves are pretty hard to find in this hack.)


On a related note: Are there any trainers on Route 30 worth fighting after Zane is defeated? If the rest of my team (besides a 13th level Chikorita) is going to stand a chance in Falkner's Gym, they need more practice.
Well there is old Geodude inside Dark Cave as well as on Route area above your hometown.

Last edited by alienhunterx; February 17th, 2013 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #3633    
Old February 18th, 2013, 03:36 AM
ch4r1zard's Avatar
ch4r1zard
Burner of backsides
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Gender:
Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISNorden View Post
Is there a good place to get a Ground, Electric, or Fighting-type near Violet City? When Falkner defeated me recently, most of my team was weak to Flying moves. (I know about the boy who wants to trade a Bellspout for an Onix, but Bellsprout themselves are pretty hard to find in this hack.)


On a related note: Are there any trainers on Route 30 worth fighting after Zane is defeated? If the rest of my team (besides a 13th level Chikorita) is going to stand a chance in Falkner's Gym, they need more practice.

i cant remember exactly but i think theres someone in cherrygrove PC that will trade a poliwag for a mareep, u can find poliwag on route 30 (the route with mr pokemons house). someone will have to verify because i havent played LC in a while
__________________


Current project: Anime cry replacement - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=294657
Reply With Quote
  #3634    
Old February 18th, 2013, 09:27 AM
helloimalex
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Have you beat Pryce by now? Because that is necessary to trigger the events there. If you are trying to get too early well......... you will not succeed
Yes I had and I am actually in kanto working on silph co struggling through that now, thanks for replying (:
__________________
I'll do whatever it takes
To be the mistake
You can't live without
Reply With Quote
  #3635    
Old February 18th, 2013, 06:26 PM
liquidcrystaluser1234
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Hello:

So I recently downloaded the live beta (build 3003).
It has worked perfectly up until Violet city.
I want to get an onyx from the man west of the poke center, but when I trade him my bellsprout, the game freezes/crashes. On GameBoid android, the game crashes and quits. On VBA on Win 7, the game turns a weird pinkish color



I am attaching my .sav file as a .zip so you guys can look at it.

http://puu.sh/24RLl for the .zip file (it'll auto download).
Reply With Quote
  #3636    
Old February 18th, 2013, 06:36 PM
helloimalex
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
When does the undersea express travel? I beat blaine in the cinnabar gym and Ijust can't figure out what I'm missing..
__________________
I'll do whatever it takes
To be the mistake
You can't live without
Reply With Quote
  #3637    
Old February 18th, 2013, 07:14 PM
liquidcrystaluser1234
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloimalex View Post
When does the undersea express travel? I beat blaine in the cinnabar gym and Ijust can't figure out what I'm missing..
WARNING SPOILERS

Beat Blaine, then beat the people on volcano'd cinnabar, then beat Blue.
Then go to Red, and try to beat him, but people there will tell you fight E4.
Fight E4 round 2.
Get called by one of your allies (I forget) on an FBI-esque mission.
Complete 4? FBI-esque missions.
Then travel on undersea express (southeast of New Bark)

I may be missing some things, last time I played this game was a year ago, and just started a new file with newest beta now.
Reply With Quote
  #3638    
Old February 18th, 2013, 07:30 PM
moonswiftwyvern
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Hey can anyone tell me if the EVs in this game work the same as they did in Crystal where you could max every stat, or how it was in FireRed (more likely i would think) where you could only max two stats?

And would anyone happen to know where to find the macho brace in this game (if it's even in it)
Reply With Quote
  #3639    
Old February 18th, 2013, 07:38 PM
B3andon's Avatar
B3andon
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
This is really an amazing hack keep up the good work! (:
Reply With Quote
  #3640    
Old February 18th, 2013, 10:21 PM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloimalex View Post
Yes I had and I am actually in kanto working on silph co struggling through that now, thanks for replying (:
No, problem but there is that fake Director of GoldenRod who is actually the admin of Team Rocket who when beaten gives you the key to enter the undergrounds of the city where you have to find the real Director.
Reply With Quote
  #3641    
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:44 AM
crypto420
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
I'm super confused as to what to do. I have 15 gym badges, so all of them except for Blue's. I can't use dive, and when I talk to Blue he just stands there. I have no idea where to go next. Any pointers?
Reply With Quote
  #3642    
Old February 19th, 2013, 04:19 AM
ch4r1zard's Avatar
ch4r1zard
Burner of backsides
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Gender:
Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto420 View Post
I'm super confused as to what to do. I have 15 gym badges, so all of them except for Blue's. I can't use dive, and when I talk to Blue he just stands there. I have no idea where to go next. Any pointers?
click on the wall nest to blue on the right, a hole will open up in the wall
__________________


Current project: Anime cry replacement - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=294657
Reply With Quote
  #3643    
Old February 19th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Yoshidraak
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikes View Post
..wow..did you even go to the link I posted? It has nothing to do with "wanting to be right". Read the link I posted. Move tutors teach moves that pokemon cannot learn through a tm or otherwise. Blaziken cannot learn Thunderpunch through a Tm. It will not allow it. A Move tutor CAN teach Blaziken Thunder Punch. If you go to my link you would understand this. It really isn't hard to comprehend.

Yes you can buy the thunderpunch TM. But some pokemon just cannot be taught how to use Thunderpunch even with a TM. A Move tutor CAN teach those pokemon to use that move.
The only reason Blaziken can't learn thunderpunch through TM is because the only games thunderpunch were GSC. Blaziken wasn't around at that time, so obviously it can't use thunderpunch TM. And the guy at goldenrod actually doen't teach thunderpunch, he teaches thunderbolt, flamethrower and ice beam. Don't try to correct me, because I went there on numerous occasions throughout my playthrough of Liquid Crystal.
Reply With Quote
  #3644    
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Strikes's Avatar
Strikes
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshidraak View Post
The only reason Blaziken can't learn thunderpunch through TM is because the only games thunderpunch were GSC. Blaziken wasn't around at that time, so obviously it can't use thunderpunch TM. And the guy at goldenrod actually doen't teach thunderpunch, he teaches thunderbolt, flamethrower and ice beam. Don't try to correct me, because I went there on numerous occasions throughout my playthrough of Liquid Crystal.
Guess he only teaches thunderpunch on crystal then. Damn. Well thanks. When does he show up though? After you beat the league or on a certain day?
Reply With Quote
  #3645    
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:15 AM
helloimalex
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
I'm pretty sure I just finished this beta.. I'm on west vale port and can't seem to do anything. I've beat all the nexus members and the lighthouse and Icant seem to figure out what's next...

Anyways my question is, when I download the next one when it comes out do I have to start a new file or will it just update?


And I didn't mean a guy teaching. I meant on the fifth floor of the market. They sell tms. Thunderpunch is one of them. I used it on my typholosion.
__________________
I'll do whatever it takes
To be the mistake
You can't live without
Reply With Quote
  #3646    
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Hound of Justice's Avatar
Hound of Justice
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidcrystaluser1234 View Post
Hello:

So I recently downloaded the live beta (build 3003).
It has worked perfectly up until Violet city.
I want to get an onyx from the man west of the poke center, but when I trade him my bellsprout, the game freezes/crashes. On GameBoid android, the game crashes and quits. On VBA on Win 7, the game turns a weird pinkish color



I am attaching my .sav file as a .zip so you guys can look at it.

http://puu.sh/24RLl for the .zip file (it'll auto download).
This is most likely related to Crystal Onix which is causing problems with that trade in Violet and with normal Onix in the wild too in the 303 build...
Better not catch an Onix now as it may crash the game
__________________
This footage is from GBA Hacks, GBA>All Platforms
Reply With Quote
  #3647    
Old February 19th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Yoshidraak
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikes View Post
Guess he only teaches thunderpunch on crystal then. Damn. Well thanks. When does he show up though? After you beat the league or on a certain day?
I believe he shows up on wednesday, but it might be saturday. I usually just adjust the date on my computer and then fly to goldenrod and he will be there. I do believe you have to beat the league first.
Reply With Quote
  #3648    
Old February 19th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Strikes's Avatar
Strikes
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
This is most likely related to Crystal Onix which is causing problems with that trade in Violet and with normal Onix in the wild too in the 303 build...
Better not catch an Onix now as it may crash the game
Your fine with catching an Onix normally without having to worry about crashing. It's just this trade instance that is bugged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshidraak View Post
I believe he shows up on wednesday, but it might be saturday. I usually just adjust the date on my computer and then fly to goldenrod and he will be there. I do believe you have to beat the league first.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #3649    
Old February 19th, 2013, 10:23 PM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
I am pretty positive that guy appears only on wednesday just like when it happened in original crystal
Reply With Quote
  #3650    
Old February 20th, 2013, 01:34 AM
Kurai XD
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Hey there buddies.. I'm new here so i am bit shy..
Well I've encountered some problems in the game. The 3rd gym leader at the Orange Islands is not there. I already beaten the nexus 4 Mister G and shut down all of the nexus one but the gym leader is not there. I already beat the 2nd gym leader so why is the 3rd gym leader not there?

And oh... I forgot.. where can i found zapdos? Rumors said that this legendary pokemon is in the rock tunnel. But I already searched the whole area and the bird is not totally there. I also doubt that this bird is in the hallow cave but definitely I'm wrong.. please help me with my problem. Thanks for the answers.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 08:11 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.