Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 27th, 2013, 10:07 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminLDuco View Post
Just wondering but if I play this now and a new patch comes up do I just patch the already patched game, or do I patch a whole new firered? Does my progess save when I switch patches, or do I have to start all over?
You must start a new game by playing with latest 3.3 beta release.
Old February 27th, 2013, 11:18 PM
ganesha
The Graphical Master

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ganesha Send a message via Yahoo to ganesha Send a message via Skype™ to ganesha
You can patch the game your progress won't be lost just new changes would occur, no need to worry you will be the place where you were when you last saved.

Old February 28th, 2013, 03:42 AM
sid95
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to sid95
I love playing this hack, I have 17 badges and I'm currently on Orange Islands. I seem to have gotten stuck here, the cave on Route 53 and caves on Sandway Town are blocked by Nexus Grunts. Also I can't enter Cave Of Wisdom as some guy is blocking it and saying it is closed due to mysterious things going on. Please help, Thanks!

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/355/b/4/luffy_animated71_by_new_luffy-d5opkes.gif
Old February 28th, 2013, 10:20 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesha View Post
You can patch the game your progress won't be lost just new changes would occur, no need to worry you will be the place where you were when you last saved.
There is no way you can do this. Try to read previous pages and you will see by your self in this hack any more
Old March 1st, 2013, 06:16 AM
ganesha
The Graphical Master

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ganesha Send a message via Yahoo to ganesha Send a message via Skype™ to ganesha
I have tried it, I made hack of emerald(not released here), then I used my sav file from the unhacked version and was in the location where I saved last in the original game.(In PC of Dewford I think).

Old March 1st, 2013, 08:09 AM
Strikes

Quote:
I have tried it, I made hack of emerald(not released here), then I used my sav file from the unhacked version and was in the location where I saved last in the original game.(In PC of Dewford I think).
Yes but how much did you play of it then. You would find that you would not get very far without crashing or running into a ton of bugs and errors.
Old March 1st, 2013, 08:30 PM
ganesha
The Graphical Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikes View Post
Yes but how much did you play of it then. You would find that you would not get very far without crashing or running into a ton of bugs and errors.
See the new patch is just an upgrade for the game, so it won't effect the gameplay at all. One can just continue as there is no change in the locations, pokemons. It would be just some bug fixes and new locations.

Old March 1st, 2013, 10:21 PM
nm2306
Unhatched Egg

Ok so im in Sandway town i know im supposed to talk to the guy w/ the charmeleon to trigger following crystal cave events but everytime i speak to him he just asks if i know anything about the crystal onix? im sure i defeated every nexus team member on the island. is there anything i need to do so the guy with the charmeleon goes to the crystal cave? i really dont want to cheat
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:03 AM
ch4r1zard
Burner of backsides

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm2306 View Post
Ok so im in Sandway town i know im supposed to talk to the guy w/ the charmeleon to trigger following crystal cave events but everytime i speak to him he just asks if i know anything about the crystal onix? im sure i defeated every nexus team member on the island. is there anything i need to do so the guy with the charmeleon goes to the crystal cave? i really dont want to cheat
i believe u have to go back to sandway town, go into the museum and tak to one of the NPCs in there (cant remember which one, i talked to all of them)

Current project: Anime cry replacement - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=294657
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:28 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
See the new patch is just an upgrade for the game, so it won't effect the gameplay at all. One can just continue as there is no change in the locations, pokemons. It would be just some bug fixes and new locations.
This is so wrong, I don't even know where to start explaining. Look at it this way, if I tried to use a save file for, let's say, The Legend of Zelda on Pokémon, would you expect it to work? Of course not!

The principle is the same. We've changed so much data around that, for all intents and purposes, LC is no longer FireRed in any make shape or form.

ETA: Apparently, some people don't understand the use of analogies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch4r1zard View Post
i believe u have to go back to sandway town, go into the museum and tak to one of the NPCs in there (cant remember which one, i talked to all of them)
You speak to the grunt directly north of the crystal shop, the one who stops you going into the middle entrance, then go speak to the crystal shop owner. If I remember right, it continues the storyline.
Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!

Last edited by Jambo51; March 2nd, 2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:59 AM
ganesha
The Graphical Master

@Jombo51: I say the sav from LC of beta 1 can be used for beta 3. I don't mean the use of FR sav for LC.
So the new patch can be used for the game with the old patch.

Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:53 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

It's the same principle. Any save file from Beta 3.1 or before is COMPLETELY incompatible with Beta 3.2 or above. That's because 3.2 (and upwards) has a completely different memory structure.

Pokémon Liquid Crystal Beta 3.1 and below saves DO NOT WORK with Beta 3.2 or later. At all. Whatsoever. There is no way around this. Please stop saying you can, because you can't.

However, any save made using Beta 3.2 (or anything after Beta 3.2) IS compatible with the latest releases!
Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:09 AM
jog5454
Unhatched Egg

Yay! A crystal remake! Right now I am playing Gold and I saw this and thought that this will be my next one.

Ultimate Random Challenge Progress: Fire Red 8/8 - Gold 16/16 - Emerald 0/8 - Diamond 0/8 - White 0/8
Random Challenge Teams:
Fire Red: Starmie lvl 64, Arbok lvl 60, Pidgeot lvl 60, Areodactyl lvl 62, Jolteon lvl 62, Tangela lvl 60
Gold: Typhlosion lvl 60, Furret lvl 60, Donphan lvl 60, Ampharos lvl 60, Persian lvl 60, Starmie lvl 60
Emerald: Scyther lvl 10
Diamond N/A
White N/A
Old March 2nd, 2013, 05:29 PM
StormVentus

This is an awesome remake, and I plan on doing this game on my youtube channel if that's alright. :3
Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:04 PM
ganesha
The Graphical Master

See if the sprites are different, tiles are different then there no way we can use. But when the basic things are same then we use for sure. Do you mean that beta 3.1 has different look than the latest?

Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:51 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Hello everyone, been a while since I was around here. Just wanted to let everyone know that I have another 2 weeks left of this half of University term, then I get 3 weeks off for Easter. This is when I'll be back working on LC again.

For now though, I would like to introduce a ne, quick and simple way to report a bug directly to me. Currently people have been posting bugs onto the main wall as well as in this discussions section. I'm now keeping an up to date log of all bugs in a todo list application, where you can publicly see the list and priority of the bugs. This is now the preferred method of submission, using the Submit a Bug option from the sidebar on the left of the project page on RHO Social or the Official Liquid Crystal site.

How to submit
This will ask you to enter a bug description and priority for the bug. Since I use this same Todo list to manage my personal and university life I will be notified via email as well as the todo list of new reports. This method of submission will be the fastest method to have bugs fixed.

All of the currently logged bugs on the system are available from a link on the submit page, Current Bugs & Todo List, attached to this post.

What about the bugs here
When I get some free time I'll go through and do a periodic check of all the bugs reported around here since the last time I did that, adding them to the list ready to be fixed. This happens every couple of months, so not very often. If you want a bug fixed asap then I suggest using the new Submit a Bug form.

Using the IRC to submit bugs
if you're on any of the RHO IRC channels #liquidcrystal and happen to come across a bug, you can use the .lcbug command to submit a bug to the same system right from the chat line. For example, type ".lcbug The game crashes when talking to your rival" and the bug will be logged with the highest priority.

Useful Links
The following methods of bug submission have been added to the first post.

Click for a list of bugs currently logged in the new system.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:03 AM
umbreontheultimate
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
I was wondering, how does Slowpoke evolve into Slowking?
Fennekin: Flames of 6th Gen. Other starters aren't relevant.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 01:04 PM
Mattysoxfan

Nature: Naughty
question i have, This or Crystaldust? both are similar hacks to pokemon crystal on the gameboy color. Why should i play this over that. What is the difference between the two?
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...psebdada61.png1.png[/url]
Old March 3rd, 2013, 01:41 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormVentus View Post
This is an awesome remake, and I plan on doing this game on my youtube channel if that's alright. :3
Of course you can, doing an LP is like free advertising for us! :D

Quote:
See if the sprites are different, tiles are different then there no way we can use. But when the basic things are same then we use for sure. Do you mean that beta 3.1 has different look than the latest?
Wut? I never mentioned anything graphical? I talked about memory structures and variables.

Look, trust me, I made the LC save structure, and I KNOW using saves from older versions of LC doesn't work, the game simply refuses to read them (claims they are corrupt).
Old March 3rd, 2013, 04:40 PM
ch4r1zard
Burner of backsides

Quote:
You speak to the grunt directly north of the crystal shop, the one who stops you going into the middle entrance, then go speak to the crystal shop owner. If I remember right, it continues the storyline.
ah thanks for the correction, i was a bit stuck so i talked to every NPC i could.

Current project: Anime cry replacement - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=294657
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:06 PM
Leafgreen2itsmyidea
Pokémon Master

Nature: Careful
Laz?,
Some people say your game isn't a remake anymore , you made your own of it...

FOR ME THAT'S NOT TRUE, YOUR GAME IS THE BEST REMAKE, BETER THAN SHINY GOLD. (Gold Remake)
Hacks I support:

[/sig-reason]
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:11 PM
Strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafgreen2itsmyidea View Post
Laz?,
Some people say your game isn't a remake anymore , you made your own of it...

FOR ME THAT'S NOT TRUE, YOUR GAME IS THE BEST REMAKE, BETER THAN SHINY GOLD. (Gold Remake)
Except it is true. If anything it is both. The crystal portion is already remade. But there are tons of things added to it, such as with team Saturn and the islands.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:18 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattysoxfan View Post
question i have, This or Crystaldust? both are similar hacks to pokemon crystal on the gameboy color. Why should i play this over that. What is the difference between the two?
Well both are awesome hacks but Crystal Dust only Covers the events in Johto and is a remake of it while LC covers both Kanto and Johto as well 2 Orange Island gyms and offers plenty of new areas a well as events other than the original ones. So here you go the choice is yours........
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Bojar
Unhatched Egg

I need help with Orange Islands... I battled everyone in lighthouse and went to next city... i tried to go in Crystal Caves South Entrance North of Sandway town but one of Grunts talk to me that i cant go in... I tried everything and dont know what to do.... Somebody help?
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:54 AM
brenx96
Unhatched Egg

To everyone who is asking about the nexus guards. In sandaway talk to the guy who is in the house where they have the crystal artwork(he has a charmeleon) He will go after one of the guards in sandaway and you can enter the cave. Also does anyone know what to do after you get to safari town. Or is that as far as it goes atm?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here