Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 16th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Unfortunately, the chambers are sometimes buggy...
Though the only true bug was Zappy... now Articuno...?
Those pedestals still don't seem to work correctly...
hmmm :/.
Than I guess I just have to do without Articuno..
Well anyways thanks for helping.
Check out my blog; pokeswamp.wordpress.com
This blog posts speculations and theories about Pokémon games.

GROUND SAFARI

Phanpy
Nincada
Diggersby
Old March 16th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenrirDarkWolf View Post
Anyone? Any help? Please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenrirDarkWolf View Post
Does anyone know where to find Lance after you get the phone call from him after the Kanto Safari Zone mission?
He says he's at the Dragon's Den, but I can't find him, just the trainers and the odd NPC with the fallback dialogue that looks like Clair.
Come on guys, doesn't anyone know the answer that can help this guy out?
Old March 16th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Evil 4 Life

So I downloaded the lastest live beta and started from scratch. The game has been great so far.
I just did the lance event in which Zane betrays the rival and we see Groudon in Dragon's Den. After that i went back to HQ and Axel tells me that I should look for trainers to recruit. Can anyone help me with this, as I have no idea what to do. Please!
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Jack_The_Riper
Unhatched Egg

Just before clicking on this thread i was thinking "I wish i could find a POKéMON rom that has the split SpAttack and Attack system for each move"

So imagine my surprise when the answer come to me just like that, THANKS A LOT!

Useful Feraligator here i come!
Old March 17th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Since this is based on fire red, would you be able to connect and trade with a fire red/leaf green rom?

I read that this sort of thing was possible with hacks but I'm not fully certain.

I'm aware it would probably be dodgy to do so but my question is would it actually work?
Looking for X & Y friends, friend code is: 2964-8571-0102
Send me a pm if you add me.
Old March 17th, 2013, 10:07 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil 4 Life View Post
So I downloaded the lastest live beta and started from scratch. The game has been great so far.
I just did the lance event in which Zane betrays the rival and we see Groudon in Dragon's Den. After that i went back to HQ and Axel tells me that I should look for trainers to recruit. Can anyone help me with this, as I have no idea what to do. Please!
It is related with future events so head to beat the league second time and battle RED in Silver Cave. If it is already done than prepare for the Orange Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
Since this is based on fire red, would you be able to connect and trade with a fire red/leaf green rom?

I read that this sort of thing was possible with hacks but I'm not fully certain.

I'm aware it would probably be dodgy to do so but my question is would it actually work?
Unfortunately this sort of feature is yet to be available in the hack. (That depends also whether LaZ would add it in future though)

Last edited by alienhunterx; March 17th, 2013 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 18th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I have another question, I noticed a video of what appears to be Liquid Crystal showing off a pokedex with all 649 pokemon.

Does that mean they're all available in Liquid Crystal or is was just for research/testing?

On another note I played the game for a while, it's a lot of fun so far. Definitely one of the better hacks I've played.
Looking for X & Y friends, friend code is: 2964-8571-0102
Send me a pm if you add me.
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:08 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Hey guys, just to say I started working again on LC last night, working on Route 57 which is on the way to Mandarin Island, the 3rd island. I took a small break today to enhance the Live Beta system further.

Currently when I release a new build I update a change log file notifying the date and time, and the changes which occurred. This means that people that follow updates have no idea when they are released without checking the file online. People asked how can they be notified of updates, so I thought of an idea.

Today, I introduce the @PkmnLCUpdates Twitter account. From now on when I update the build, the changes will be tweeted to this account. Simply follow this and you'll be notified of new builds instantly. Please note however that this is not a Pokémon Liquid Crystal Twitter account for everything, it's only for build update notifications and nothing else, so it will not respond to any messages and/or followers.

I have 3 weeks off in which I've set my goal to get the whole of Mandarin Island completed, but I'm not making any promises here we'll just have to see how things go. Also, the Trainer Request 2013 is now closed. Thanks to everyone who submitted a trainer.

Last edited by linkandzelda; March 18th, 2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old March 18th, 2013, 02:13 PM
FenrirDarkWolf
Water Musician Fenrir

Nature: Quirky
Ohh!
I can't wait! I mean I can but, well, I'm eager for the next big release!

Also, I don't think this is normal...
Spoiler:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity

Last edited by FenrirDarkWolf; March 18th, 2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:29 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
Hey guys, just to say I started working again on LC last night, working on Route 57 which is on the way to Mandarin Island, the 3rd island. I took a small break today to enhance the Live Beta system further.

Currently when I release a new build I update a change log file notifying the date and time, and the changes which occurred. This means that people that follow updates have no idea when they are released without checking the file online. People asked how can they be notified of updates, so I thought of an idea.

Today, I introduce the @PkmnLCUpdates Twitter account. From now on when I update the build, the changes will be tweeted to this account. Simply follow this and you'll be notified of new builds instantly. Please note however that this is not a Pokémon Liquid Crystal Twitter account for everything, it's only for build update notifications and nothing else, so it will not respond to any messages and/or followers.

I have 3 weeks off in which I've set my goal to get the whole of Mandarin Island completed, but I'm not making any promises here we'll just have to see how things go. Also, the Trainer Request 2013 is now closed. Thanks to everyone who submitted a trainer.
Great Update LaZ. Makes me to play it again from the start. By the way where is Zeikku nowadays???
Old March 19th, 2013, 02:41 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
I have another question, I noticed a video of what appears to be Liquid Crystal showing off a pokedex with all 649 pokemon.

Does that mean they're all available in Liquid Crystal or is was just for research/testing?

On another note I played the game for a while, it's a lot of fun so far. Definitely one of the better hacks I've played.
Given that I made that video, I'll answer. It was simply a proof of concept, which evolved into the 649 patch, which is entirely separate.
Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
Old March 19th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
Just popped over to say that I am back and working on some graphics again. I'll have something to show you soon .

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:02 PM
DarkArourus19
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lax
Why does Ethan look like Gold from the Manga When you look at the trainer card?

Nice hack by the way.
Add me on PSN? I am UnknownProto675.
Wanna see my Minecraft skins? I am also NovaMCdude.

Last edited by DarkArourus19; March 19th, 2013 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Forgot to be specific.
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArourus19 View Post
Why does Ethan look like Gold from the Manga When you look at the trainer card?

Nice hack by the way.
Gold was the protagonist for the original Gold, Silver and Crystal trilogy. This means that the protagonist in Liquid Crystal is Gold. The overworld sprite and back sprite for the trainer are just slight spins on the style of clothes he would wear/

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:13 PM
DarkArourus19
Unhatched Egg

Got it, I should pay more attention to these things. =3
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Evil 4 Life

[QUOTE=alienhunterx;7586051]It is related with future events so head to beat the league second time and battle RED in Silver Cave. If it is already done than prepare for the Orange Islands

First, thank you for answering! I already beat the league twice and battled RED and won that as well. It was my impression that this version allows you to go to the first 2 islands of the Orange Islands? If so how do I activate that scene because as of now im stuck
Old March 19th, 2013, 09:05 PM
FenrirDarkWolf
Water Musician Fenrir

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil 4 Life View Post
First, thank you for answering! I already beat the league twice and battled RED and won that as well. It was my impression that this version allows you to go to the first 2 islands of the Orange Islands? If so how do I activate that scene because as of now im stuck
Oh! I know this, I got stuck on the same thing!
Well, first, have you talked to Axel yet? 'Cause you'll have to talk to him to get somethings started.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old March 19th, 2013, 10:13 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeikku™ View Post
Just popped over to say that I am back and working on some graphics again. I'll have something to show you soon .
Ah after all these years of waiting. Seems like now Liquid Crystal is really back on track as the gang is complete now. Cannot wait for your something.......
Old March 20th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Ah after all these years of waiting. Seems like now Liquid Crystal is really back on track as the gang is complete now. Cannot wait for your something.......
Years of waiting...? Aren't we little too dramatic? xD
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 20th, 2013, 05:18 AM
dcangio000
Unhatched Egg

Hey guys I don't know if this is the right thread for the question or not, but just looking for some info please. I had the 3.1 Beta for my psp, but I kept getting stuck in the wall at the elite four and no cheat or anything fixed the issue. So I recently downloaded the 3.2 Beta since I can't find the 3.3 for my psp. I was wondering what's the difference between the 3.1 and 3.2
Old March 20th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Tim!
Togepi

I read that there is a thunderstone in the Blackthorn Pokécenter.
I was wondering, can you find a thunderstone earlier in the game?

*edit
A 2nd question, sorry.
Where is the move relearner?
The Random Pokémon Challenge
Game:
Fire Red
Gym Badges: 8/8
E4: 0/5
Pokémon:, , , , ,

Completed challenges

Medieval Time Warp Challenge @ Sapphire

Last edited by Tim!; March 20th, 2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old March 20th, 2013, 08:45 AM
dcangio000
Unhatched Egg

Tim!.... No I don't believe you can find a thunder stone any earlier in the game and the move relearner is in the pokemon center in Goldenrod I believe. If not its after Goldenrod
Old March 20th, 2013, 09:42 AM
or19937
Keep calm & BURN IT WITH FIRE!

Nature: Lonely
Move re-learning system.
'nuff said. This game owns.

Pokemon Crystal is, to this day, my favorite official Pokemon game, and you sir just managed to make it better!

And btw, yes, the move relearning system is in Goldenrod's Pokemon Center.
Old March 20th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Yoshidraak
Unhatched Egg

As a matter of fact, you can have your Pokemon relearn all moves free of charge in every Pokécenter. In the top left corner of the Pokécenter is some sort of computer where you can have your Pokemon relearn their moves.
Old March 20th, 2013, 02:10 PM
DarkArourus19
Unhatched Egg

This game is so grind heavy it reminds me of Mother 1.Or I just suck.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links