Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old July 17th, 2011 (12:07 PM).
Pokemon hack/game player

Quote originally posted by Zeikku™:
Alright guys, confession time. I never really quit. I was just playing with you guys. I am currently working on Gym Leader sprites.
somehow I figured as much. Too bad, I was looking for a car, and was going to message you about tips on finding one. Can't wait to see the Sprites.

-If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

What am I up to currently?
Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it
Old July 17th, 2011 (01:09 PM).

How is the progress on this hack coming? Its mid summer now and i think (and i think very enthusiastically) that you will finish beta 3.1 until september. Am i right? :D
Old July 17th, 2011 (03:55 PM).
Darkness is Not always Evil

Nature: Gentle
Alright guys, confession time. I never really quit. I was just playing with you guys. I am currently working on Gym Leader sprites.
How could you, anyway I would like to see how those sprite turned out.
Good luck

"My Hack"

Banner By "YAS"
Old July 17th, 2011 (11:39 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
So the predicted really happened =D
Nice play Zeikku =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 18th, 2011 (12:28 AM).
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Master123:
wow this hack really looks great! 3 questions:
1) is this beta 3.1 supposed to be the final version? because judging how the orange islands are in the current beta, beta 3.1 should be the big finisher you know?
2) how much of the orange island will be featured if this is NOT the final beta??
3) what's the estimated date of release for this hack?:)

THANKS
1. Nope it won't be the final. Originally (2 years ago) i planned for it to be the final but time flew past and there wasn't time to make it the final.
2. The whole of the first island is finished, and probably a small snippet of the 2nd island if i get enough time after doing other things.
3. August, but i'll talk more about this soon..

Quote originally posted by Petar30:
How is the progress on this hack coming? Its mid summer now and i think (and i think very enthusiastically) that you will finish beta 3.1 until september. Am i right? :D
Well yea i was planning to have it done by august, "planning" being the key word.

Quote originally posted by Zetsubou Johnny:
How well is the trading in 3.1? Can I trade from other Fire Red hacks? I'm tempted to breed a torchic and a raltz and trade them into the game From Fire Red Omega.
The trading in 3.1 will be very beta indeed. I will do a few tests using clean fr and emerald and ruby roms and VBALink to see if the functionality is working. Technically if you can trade to a clean rom and back, then you can trade to any other rom that supports trading.

UPDATE: Kanto part 4 is created 99.9% theres just a few more scripts to do. Then next up would be the testing of the orange islands completing the first test run :). After that I can add the finishing touches and extras and then I can hand the beta out to official testers before the release.

Also I've read and caught a vibe that people want more progress story wise on this beta otherwise its dejavu from 2 years ago to some extent. So heres the question what do you prefer:

1. I can mark a release for around august if things go well and it includes the whole 1st island.
2. I can work on it longer and maybe squeeze a snippet of the 2nd island as well or even the full island depends whats happening.

So you can tell me what number you want either 1 or 2, or 3 if you have any suggestions.

Link
Old July 18th, 2011 (01:14 AM).
Silver Tier

Option 2.
I'd much rather wait a bit longer for the second island then just the first island.
Old July 18th, 2011 (02:14 AM).

Speaking of trading, why on earth was it removed?
FireRed automatically has a fully functional link room..
You don't have to go out of your way to get it to work.

Shiny Gold wasn't ever finished from what I saw, but you could still trade and it worked 100% flawlessly.

I only play Pokemon games with a friend (two emulators open on the same screen so we play through together) and trading is a must.

I was going to play this with her but it'll just be a waste if we can't trade.

If you removed it because multiplayer doesn't work well with Pokemon games then you removed it for the wrong reason.
Multiplayer works without the tiniest problem if you use version 1.72 of VBAL. Any newer versions won't work but if you use 1.72 then it functions as if you were using a link cable rather than the wireless adapter and doesn't have any trouble hooking up.
Old July 18th, 2011 (02:41 AM).
n00b desu ka?

Quote originally posted by Emcitement:
Speaking of trading, why on earth was it removed?
FireRed automatically has a fully functional link room..
You don't have to go out of your way to get it to work.

Shiny Gold wasn't ever finished from what I saw, but you could still trade and it worked 100% flawlessly.

I only play Pokemon games with a friend (two emulators open on the same screen so we play through together) and trading is a must.

I was going to play this with her but it'll just be a waste if we can't trade.
:(

If you removed it because multiplayer doesn't work well with Pokemon games then you removed it for the wrong reason.
Multiplayer works without the tiniest problem if you use version 1.72 of VBAL. Any newer versions won't work but if you use 1.72 then it functions as if you were using a link cable rather than the wireless adapter and doesn't have any trouble hooking up.
It was removed because I used the multi choice boxes else where in the hack, not only that but around the time of beta 1.1 I decided to only support VBA, not flash carts or vba link. There was also another reason as to why i removed it which i forget now. And for the record its still removed. Trading and battling can be done from the PCC in goldenrod. Also all the rooms for each of the upstairs have been removed and would need to be remade (including the new PC tiles for those doors and other parts) so i would need to go out of my way a bit to get them back.
Old July 18th, 2011 (03:08 AM). Edited July 18th, 2011 by Emcitement.

Ah, alright. Understandable. Thanks for not being mean since I may have come off a such.

Might I ask how the PCC works? If there's one place to trade then that's great.

But like I was saying about emulators, does PCC use the wireless adapter system in VBAL 1.8 or can you use a standard link cable system like in 1.72?

I'd test it out myself but I would have to get up to GoldenRod.

One other question. How does this differ from Shiny Gold? From what I saw after playing, it looks extremely similar. Is this a continued version of it?
Old July 18th, 2011 (03:35 AM).

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by linkandzelda:
Also I've read and caught a vibe that people want more progress story wise on this beta otherwise its dejavu from 2 years ago to some extent. So heres the question what do you prefer:

1. I can mark a release for around august if things go well and it includes the whole 1st island.
2. I can work on it longer and maybe squeeze a snippet of the 2nd island as well or even the full island depends whats happening.

So you can tell me what number you want either 1 or 2, or 3 if you have any suggestions.

Link

I think we've waiting long enough for something playable, I say option one. Playing through the game can help make the time between the next release a bit less painful.
Old July 18th, 2011 (04:19 AM).
Guess who's back?

Nature: Naughty
I'd say option 2.
We've waited what ... 2 years for a new release. There's no reason why we can't wait longer.
Old July 18th, 2011 (05:46 AM).
n00b desu ka?

Quote originally posted by Emcitement:
Ah, alright. Understandable. Thanks for not being mean :) since I may have come off a such.

Might I ask how the PCC works? If there's one place to trade then that's great.

But like I was saying about emulators, does PCC use the wireless adapter system in VBAL 1.8 or can you use a standard link cable system like in 1.72?

I'd test it out myself but I would have to get up to GoldenRod.

One other question. How does this differ from Shiny Gold? From what I saw after playing, it looks extremely similar. Is this a continued version of it?
The PCC will auto detect whether the cable is plugged in or if its the wireless adapter. Then you will be asked to chose if you want to trade or battle. Simple as that.

And this is similar to SG because they are both remakes of the same game, therefore have mostly similar scripts as per the original GSC. The differences are that mine is based on Crystal so it has a few different events than Gold/Silver. I've added a new team and 2 new rivals which integrate into the GSC story as well with the odd few other extras here and there.

But this is not a continuation of SG.
Old July 18th, 2011 (05:58 AM).
Johto remaker
Silver Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
Guys, just a heads up, may post the gym leader sprites tonight. I have still only done one. but should be able to do 7 more Johto one's by tonight, then Kanto ones very soon.

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
Old July 18th, 2011 (06:12 AM).

Guys, just a heads up, may post the gym leader sprites tonight. I have still only done one. but should be able to do 7 more Johto one's by tonight, then Kanto ones very soon.
you said you went on to shiny gold?
Old July 18th, 2011 (07:26 AM).

Quote originally posted by linkandzelda:
The PCC will auto detect whether the cable is plugged in or if its the wireless adapter. Then you will be asked to chose if you want to trade or battle. Simple as that.

And this is similar to SG because they are both remakes of the same game, therefore have mostly similar scripts as per the original GSC. The differences are that mine is based on Crystal so it has a few different events than Gold/Silver. I've added a new team and 2 new rivals which integrate into the GSC story as well with the odd few other extras here and there.

But this is not a continuation of SG.
Okay. Sounds great!
Old July 18th, 2011 (09:39 AM).
Johto remaker
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by hhx2528890:
you said you went on to shiny gold?
What? I said I was going to be a used car salesman in a seagull outfit. If you're referring to a year ago, I was going to finish Shiny Gold if zel hadn't returned. I think he still has plans for the hack. Either way, I do have those sprites to do tonight. May even use some sprites from Pokésho (which are amazing) if I get lazy.

Old July 18th, 2011 (10:09 AM).
Dream or Drop?

Nature: Quiet
What? I said I was going to be a used car salesman in a seagull outfit. If you're referring to a year ago, I was going to finish Shiny Gold if zel hadn't returned. I think he still has plans for the hack. Either way, I do have those sprites to do tonight. May even use some sprites from Pokésho (which are amazing) if I get lazy.
Its been so long since I looked at some Pokesho sprites that I forgot all about them. Either way you go, Im sure they will look great!

But sometimes I want to come back to it...

Old July 18th, 2011 (10:45 AM).

hey hacks great, i played through 2.1 a couple times over the years and was thrilled when this thread opened up. Anyways i've been paying attention to the thread and im not sure this question has been asked or answered (sorry if it has) are the move pools authentic to crystal or are they gen. III or are there some of the newer moves that don't exist until gen 4 and 5?

thanks
Old July 18th, 2011 (10:54 AM).
I support Crystal Dust

I vote on option 1. I've been on these forums for over 3 years now waiting just for this one release.
Old July 18th, 2011 (11:52 AM).
Welshy

Nature: Lax
Option 2.

I understand you want our opinion and stuff because we've been waiting a while, but it's your hack, and I think you should decide whenever it's good for release. I'd rather wait for something that's been ironed out better, vs. something that isn't.
Old July 18th, 2011 (02:29 PM).
n00b desu ka?

Quote originally posted by DJ Goodwin:
hey hacks great, i played through 2.1 a couple times over the years and was thrilled when this thread opened up. Anyways i've been paying attention to the thread and im not sure this question has been asked or answered (sorry if it has) are the move pools authentic to crystal or are they gen. III or are there some of the newer moves that don't exist until gen 4 and 5?

thanks
The moves are exactly (learnt) as they come on gen 3.
Old July 18th, 2011 (02:36 PM).
Crystal Tier

I say option 1, I am not that good with patience.

Old July 18th, 2011 (02:39 PM).
Guess who's back?

Quote originally posted by Lugiaz Soul:
I vote on option 1. I've been on these forums for over 3 years now waiting just for this one release.
According to your join date you haven't even been here a year?

I vote option 2 ... wait Have I already voted.
Old July 18th, 2011 (04:26 PM).
Johto remaker
Silver Tier

Right guys, I'll post the sprites tomorrow. I have a headache and only managed to finish half of them . I'll post more stuff soon.

Old July 18th, 2011 (05:46 PM).

Nature: Naive
Option 1! We want to play already!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)