The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 18th, 2013, 04:24 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
Hey guys, thought I would pop in with some information you all might find useful. Builds have been slow this last month as I started working on my first Android app. I know a lot of you play LC on mobile devices so this tool might come in useful for you all.

Power Patcher
My first app is an IPS patcher for android called Power Patcher. With this you can download the latest builds on your device and apply them right there without needing a PC and no hassle of transferring files over each time. There's 2 versions: Lite version with the basic core functionality, and Pro which has additional enhancements to make the job easier and more convenient. You can find out more details as well as a download on the app page on my site http://evercreststudios.com/app/power-patcher/.

It would be great if some of you guys could download the app and leave a review on the Google Play Store to show your support. And hey, maybe you might even get the Pro version hehe.
Old August 18th, 2013, 08:05 AM
liquidcrystaluser1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrockinjc View Post
Hey guys I just finished the elite four today here are my team:

Arcanine Lv. 50
Eepy (Ampharos) Lv. 54
Gyarados Lv. 52
Salamence Lv. 52
Feraligatr Lv. 53

Coul anyone suggest me some good pokemon to complete my party? No legendaries please. Thanks.

That is my team, I haven't had any problems with it. Bottom 2 for HMs.
Old August 18th, 2013, 11:21 AM

I'm in the Orange Islands and I'm travelling up a mountain. I've already passed the Crystal Caves and I'm about to enter the Nexus Laboratories. However, there are 2 grunts side by side just outside the nexus laboratories. However, I can't fight them to enter the Nexus laboratories. Instead I fi try to fight them, the game crashes.

Is there a reason it's like this? DO i have to complete something else? Is there a workaround?

Nevermind, I figured out that I can just walk around some trees and stuff :p derp

Last edited by 072665995; August 18th, 2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old August 18th, 2013, 12:48 PM
kyledude92107

Originally Posted by pokebr0 View Post
I have the same issue too.
also I tried to go to Mandarin but on the way to the city there's a wall of corrupted sprites and I can't go through.
(apparently I can't post images due to low post count)

Give it to Kurt and wait a day.
Old August 18th, 2013, 10:00 PM
rockrockinjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidcrystaluser1234 View Post

That is my team, I haven't had any problems with it. Bottom 2 for HMs.
I'm just asking for some additions. Well thanks though, i just added machamp for the meantime but he will not be permanent in my team. Thanks! I'm in kanto journeys right now.
Old August 18th, 2013, 10:55 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilix View Post
Guuuys, I need some help again >.<

I am in kanto right now, and I just defeated Misty. Went to Lavender town, got this program from someone, had to bring it to goldenrod city. Anyway, I've done that, I end up getting something to wake up the snorlax in vermillion city, yada yada bing bang.

Whats next? I have no idea what to do now. Ever since I got in Kanto, the pieces of the puzzle are harder to find. I've defeated all gym leaders but Blaine. I know that he is located at the seafoam islands, but how the heck do I get there?? All paths to those islands seem blocked or something.
Have you tried surfing east from Seafoam Islands where you battled Team Nexus inside the cave??

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
Hey guys, thought I would pop in with some information you all might find useful. Builds have been slow this last month as I started working on my first Android app. I know a lot of you play LC on mobile devices so this tool might come in useful for you all.

Power Patcher
My first app is an IPS patcher for android called Power Patcher. With this you can download the latest builds on your device and apply them right there without needing a PC and no hassle of transferring files over each time. There's 2 versions: Lite version with the basic core functionality, and Pro which has additional enhancements to make the job easier and more convenient. You can find out more details as well as a download on the app page on my site http://evercreststudios.com/app/power-patcher/.

It would be great if some of you guys could download the app and leave a review on the Google Play Store to show your support. And hey, maybe you might even get the Pro version hehe.
Will do that since I received my Android Tablet previous week... Congrats for the hard work

Last edited by alienhunterx; August 18th, 2013 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 18th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
And hey, maybe you might even get the Pro version hehe.
What does the pro version have in addition?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 19th, 2013, 02:34 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
What does the pro version have in addition?
Automatic backups of the ROM and association of patch files, so you can open them directly from emails, downloads, Dropbox/Google Drive etc. I plan more features for it in the future such as an "LC mode" which will download the latest LC build and patch it to a FR rom on a set schedule.
Old August 19th, 2013, 08:26 AM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
hooray for LaZ for all of his hard work . I can honestly say that I love playing LC, and I'd like to thank him for his Android app, I'll be sure to download that and the patch. Keep up the great work :D

I also like Pokemon Glazed, Pokemon FireRed Throwback Edition, Pokemon Twisted Mind, Pokemon: The Fae Stones, Pokemon Expert Emerald, Pokemon Sigma Emerald, Pokemon Crystaldust, Pokemon Steam (Shining Waters/Hazing Flames. Side note: they are in need of scripters) and many more I forgot to mention.
United by blood and fate.

This isn't said that much (probably, I don't know), but I would like to give every ROM Hacker my sincerest thanks, as they all work so hard to build the games that we play. Since they work so hard, I think that we players should respect what they do by giving them support as well as being patient while they work. If you want to see a taste of what they do, I suggest you head over to the R&D section of ROM Hacking. Again, I would like to give every ROM hacker my thanks, and I hope that everything goes well, from flags to tables to offsets to patches.

Last edited by PokeReject; August 19th, 2013 at 08:26 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old August 19th, 2013, 08:01 PM
duskwolf

Hi, I have been playing an older version of this ROM (Beta 3.1), and I was wondering if there was any way to transfer my save file into a newer version? I am just about to start the Orange islands and I don't want to lose my party. Also, can someone tell me how to awaken Groudon? I can't seem to figure it out, unless my answer is on the Orange Islands. Thanks everyone, and wonderful hack as always LaZ!
Old August 19th, 2013, 09:42 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by duskwolf View Post
Hi, I have been playing an older version of this ROM (Beta 3.1), and I was wondering if there was any way to transfer my save file into a newer version? I am just about to start the Orange islands and I don't want to lose my party. Also, can someone tell me how to awaken Groudon? I can't seem to figure it out, unless my answer is on the Orange Islands. Thanks everyone, and wonderful hack as always LaZ!
You can always play with old saves but beta 3.3 recommends to start all over again and you may not be able to play with old save. Also for Groudon the latest version has fixed it's location access
Old August 20th, 2013, 01:09 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Automatic backups of the ROM and association of patch files, so you can open them directly from emails, downloads, Dropbox/Google Drive etc. I plan more features for it in the future such as an "LC mode" which will download the latest LC build and patch it to a FR rom on a set schedule.
Wow, this is pretty cool especially for LC. Great job, LaZ.

Old August 20th, 2013, 06:08 AM
duskwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
You can always play with old saves but beta 3.3 recommends to start all over again and you may not be able to play with old save. Also for Groudon the latest version has fixed it's location access
Darn. Alright well i've played most of the game so i'll finish up to what i can and just restart . I love this hack so it doesn't bother me :D.
Old August 20th, 2013, 09:52 AM
GiuseppeAguilar

I only have problems with the enciclopedia pokemon emerald XD it always says corrupt file
I only wanted to change the natura of my Starter and apparently don't work with save files of This hack xD btw i am starting This hack for first time and it seems awesome
Old August 20th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
No, you can't play with older saves. How many times have we said that in this thread!

If you're on anything earlier than Beta 3.2, you cannot use that save on the newest betas. It's not just recommended, it's required.
Old August 20th, 2013, 10:14 AM
duskwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
No, you can't play with older saves. How many times have we said that in this thread!

If you're on anything earlier than Beta 3.2, you cannot use that save on the newest betas. It's not just recommended, it's required.
Yeah I'll just start over anyways it will give me a chance to catch the other legendaries I couldnt find :D
Old August 20th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by duskwolf View Post
Yeah I'll just start over anyways it will give me a chance to catch the other legendaries I couldnt find :D
I understand that it's frustrating to have to restart, but in the long run, it'll be better as the newer betas are less buggy.

Also, that wasn't aimed at you, more at the people who continue to peddle misinformation in this thread in spite of us telling them otherwise several billion times.
Old August 20th, 2013, 02:09 PM
RukiaChambers

Has anyone been able to find Mareep on route 32 at all?
Old August 20th, 2013, 04:00 PM
duskwolf

Quote:
I understand that it's frustrating to have to restart, but in the long run, it'll be better as the newer betas are less buggy.

Also, that wasn't aimed at you, more at the people who continue to peddle misinformation in this thread in spite of us telling them otherwise several billion times.
I understand :D. I still have the version with Team Saturn and Team Nexus xD. Plus i can restart to get Quilava again :3
Old August 20th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Liquid crystal fan

Is there anyway to make this game compatible with Flash Carts? Particulary the E-Z Flash 4? Doesn't LC not work on E-Z Flash 4 because of the way it saves? Is there a way to change that? How would you? I know LC depends a lot on the RTC but is there a way to make it to where you can advance the in-game clock by having there be people in every few towns or so that allow you to sleep for a certain amount of hours? Could you make it where the player chooses off a list from 1-24 hours and the clock will advance the given amount of hours they choose?
Old August 20th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Gold011

i want to know how to get extremespeed dratini from the elder at dragon's den (if it is possible to get that kind of dratini)?, or if there are requirements to get it, because on a previous save file, i battled latias after the team saturn leader calls latias/os with axel's dragonstone at dragon den, and when i got dratini it had no extremespeed, but on an even older save file, i battled latios and when i got my dratini, it had extremespeed if memory serves me right....
Old August 20th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid crystal fan View Post
Is there anyway to make this game compatible with Flash Carts? Particulary the E-Z Flash 4? Doesn't LC not work on E-Z Flash 4 because of the way it saves? Is there a way to change that? How would you? I know LC depends a lot on the RTC but is there a way to make it to where you can advance the in-game clock by having there be people in every few towns or so that allow you to sleep for a certain amount of hours? Could you make it where the player chooses off a list from 1-24 hours and the clock will advance the given amount of hours they choose?
To the best of our knowledge, LC works on flash carts whether they have an RTC or not. The way that Beta 3.2 onwards saves is 100% compatible with both flash carts and real hardware.

Linkandzelda has gone to great effort to remove all time dependency from the main storyline, at the very least. So, you won't be able to trigger the daily NPCs, but you should be able to play on regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold011 View Post
i want to know how to get extremespeed dratini from the elder at dragon's den (if it is possible to get that kind of dratini)?, or if there are requirements to get it, because on a previous save file, i battled latias after the team saturn leader calls latias/os with axel's dragonstone at dragon den, and when i got dratini it had no extremespeed, but on an even older save file, i battled latios and when i got my dratini, it had extremespeed if memory serves me right....
This is a HGSS thing. To the best of my knowledge, there is no such thing as an extremespeed Dratini in LC. In fact, I recall Linkandzelda specifically asking me if I could put something together for such an event, and I know I haven't done it yet, so...
Old August 20th, 2013, 06:40 PM
GiuseppeAguilar

Why the weather change to rain all the time???? Its awful x. X
i enter a city and rains, i go to a Route and rains again
I entero and out of a cave and more rain x. X
I starting to think it's suicune's fault xD
Old August 20th, 2013, 10:13 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:

Why are you so mad? I think you misunderstood me man. I know pretty clearly about that. What I told him was to clearify things in general. I did told him to play all over again... Is that clear??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RukiaChambers View Post
There is an NPC inside Cherrygrove city who trades a Poliwhirl for his Mareep. Give it to him and he will give you a strange Mareep with no Ability..

Last edited by alienhunterx; August 20th, 2013 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 20th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RukiaChambers View Post
Well... Mareep is not available in normal Crystal as well so the trade is the only way.

Quote:
This is a HGSS thing. To the best of my knowledge, there is no such thing as an extremespeed Dratini in LC. In fact, I recall Linkandzelda specifically asking me if I could put something together for such an event, and I know I haven't done it yet, so...
Doesn't the elder gives out it anyways...? Or do I mistook it for some other game...?

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here