Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old October 15th, 2013 (01:53 AM).

How can I go to the top of Dragon's Den to battle and catch Rayquaza? In beta 2.1, we can but in Beta 3.1 I can't do it again, the stairs seem be unlimited? why? please help me, thanks.
Old October 15th, 2013 (05:07 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by thanhtp2013:
How can I go to the top of Dragon's Den to battle and catch Rayquaza? In beta 2.1, we can but in Beta 3.1 I can't do it again, the stairs seem be unlimited? why? please help me, thanks.
You can't... probably something new will be there...
Unlimited stairs FTW btw.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 15th, 2013 (06:09 AM).
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

Nature: Brave
You can catch it but you need Groudon and Kyogre in your team with you.

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a .zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Old October 15th, 2013 (09:36 PM).

Quote originally posted by AmazingCharizard:
Is it True?? I haven't tried. I 'll,but don't tell me a lie, because I have had them both in game. thanks
Old October 19th, 2013 (05:52 AM). Edited October 19th, 2013 by Albel_Nox.

Nature: Timid
How exactly do you get Groudon in the lastest version 3.3.00412? I went to the spot where he is supposed to be at but he isn't there. I already have the ruby(got it just after getting the 16th badge) and I just defeated my rival where he was using Groudon. Is this some kind of bug or do I have to complete the main story before he appears in the undersea cavern?

Edit: Nvm. It seems he was moved to a different location from where he use to be in the previous version. I found him in the Dragons Den where I last fought my rival.
Old October 20th, 2013 (03:16 PM).
The New Species Pokémon - AKA Red the Mew

Nature: Brave
What makes this better than CrystalDust or ShinyGold?

Mew

Old October 20th, 2013 (04:01 PM). Edited October 23rd, 2013 by chaos_envoys.

Nature: Modest
Liquid Crystal vs Crystal Dust
Liquid Crystal
Pros
-Have a complete jotho and kanto (I really love battling Red)
-Jotho's location are more logical where you can surf from cianwood to cherrygroove and goldenrod
-Added event for Celebi, Groudon, Kyogre, and completed event for Ho-Oh and Lugia
-Some extra story with new characters
Cons
-Extra story and sidequest might not appealing to those looking for nostalgia

Crystal Dust
Pros
-Based on emerald (moving pokemon sprite)
-Buildings light up at night
-Awesome intro video
-Sticking with original Pokemon Crystal story and quest
Cons
-Not completed yet, only to some parts of kanto

Liquid Crystal vs Shiny Gold
Liquid Crystal
Pros
-Day, night, & seasons
-Completed jotho and kanto
-Extra story with new characters
-Same as the above
Cons
-Same as the above

Shiny Gold
Pros
-Have a working calling feature
Cons
-Only completed to some parts of kanto, can't battle Red yet
-Don't have day/night or even time system
-Still have fire red's log journal when loading save
-Don't have physical/special split??(still needs confirmation)

Pokemon Glazed,Pokemon Dark Violet, Pokemon Flora Sky, Pokemon Ruby Destiny Series

Waiting For: PLATINUM RED & BLUE, Pokemon Version 6, GAIA
Old October 20th, 2013 (05:42 PM). Edited October 20th, 2013 by cdtm.

chaos_evoys, thanks for the description.

So it sounds like Liquid Crystal is the only hack with a complete base Crystal quest, but with added extras? Is it the only gba hack out there that offers the original Crystal experience in it's entirety, then?

From the LC page, the game almost sounds like it will never actually be "finished", with new content being added all the time.. Kind of like an mmorpg, I guess.

But is the content at this point essentially complete, in the sense you can do everything there is in this version of the game? Or will you run into quests that can't be completed?
Old October 20th, 2013 (06:29 PM). Edited October 20th, 2013 by chaos_envoys.

Quote originally posted by cdtm:
chaos_evoys, thanks for the description.

So it sounds like Liquid Crystal is the only hack with a complete base Crystal quest, but with added extras? Is it the only gba hack out there that offers the original Crystal experience in it's entirety, then?

From the LC page, the game almost sounds like it will never actually be "finished", with new content being added all the time.. Kind of like an mmorpg, I guess.

But is the content at this point essentially complete, in the sense you can do everything there is in this version of the game? Or will you run into quests that can't be completed?
I guess LC is the only one that offers the experience in it's entirety.. The added extras are a good addition too.. After all, I'm looking for a new experience in playing rom hack..

The content up to kanto region is complete.. There are no quest that cannot be completed up to kanto.. After kanto, there are the orange island and the orange island league, but this area isn's completed yet..

Pokemon Glazed,Pokemon Dark Violet, Pokemon Flora Sky, Pokemon Ruby Destiny Series

Old October 20th, 2013 (11:51 PM).
Iron fist

Nature: Gentle
Hey I just want to say thank you for making Pokemon liquid Crystal and it means a lot to many people including me, that others can play this on the GBA.

Second of all, (I know I might get scolded for this) I can't open the hack with the Enciclopedia tool to edit ev's and iv's. I know, that it's selfish but Gen 3 made me a case of OCD when it comes to ev's and iv's now. I don't know why it doesn't open though
Old October 22nd, 2013 (12:48 AM).

I've played the last beta till the end and I can swear you this is the best Pokémon Hack ever. Not only for the story, which is almost the same to the one of the original versions, but for all the little details that makes it awesome.

I've beaten the Masters Dojo, and all my team is Lvl 100, but I haven'tn completed it yet (more than 130 hours playing), so I'd like if someone could help me; I want to know where to get all the starters (I have the Jotho's and Kanto's but nothing about Hoenn's) and some legndary, they are: Mewtwo (I took the DNa sample from the Cerulean Cave, but anything else), Mew, Entei, Raikou, Ho-oh, Celebi, Rayquaza and Deoxys.

If someone can help me I would be appreciated
Old October 22nd, 2013 (12:04 PM).

Quote originally posted by BLAxTOISE:
I've played the last beta till the end and I can swear you this is the best Pokémon Hack ever. Not only for the story, which is almost the same to the one of the original versions, but for all the little details that makes it awesome.

I've beaten the Masters Dojo, and all my team is Lvl 100, but I haven'tn completed it yet (more than 130 hours playing), so I'd like if someone could help me; I want to know where to get all the starters (I have the Jotho's and Kanto's but nothing about Hoenn's) and some legndary, they are: Mewtwo (I took the DNa sample from the Cerulean Cave, but anything else), Mew, Entei, Raikou, Ho-oh, Celebi, Rayquaza and Deoxys.

I'm pretty sure its not possible to get Heonn starters or for that matter, any 3rd gen pokemon. After all, it didn't exist in 2nd gen and to add them would be breaking the tradition of this ROM sticking as close to the Originial Pokemon crystal (minus the Orange Islands :p )
Old October 22nd, 2013 (12:34 PM).

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by 072665995:
I'm pretty sure its not possible to get Heonn starters or for that matter, any 3rd gen pokemon. After all, it didn't exist in 2nd gen and to add them would be breaking the tradition of this ROM sticking as close to the Originial Pokemon crystal (minus the Orange Islands :p )
I believe only Mudkip is aviliable for right now, and yes Pokemon from Gen III are indeed in this game.
Old October 22nd, 2013 (02:16 PM).

Still waiting for the final final version. Man this looks so good.
Old October 22nd, 2013 (05:31 PM).

Quote originally posted by Albel_Nox:
I believe only Mudkip is aviliable for right now, and yes Pokemon from Gen III are indeed in this game.
Really? Ah well. Couldn't care less. Liquid Crystal is one of the most thoroughly done hacks on this forum and that's what makes it so enjoyable
Old October 22nd, 2013 (07:11 PM).

I am at the orange islands and I got the GS ball! But when I try and use the underwater subway thing it let's me walk down the stairs but then it glitches me out and makes me walk through the wall beside the train help
Old October 22nd, 2013 (11:19 PM).

Dont know if this was a known issue, but i just solved the first unown puzzle, and after catching the first two that appear as a result, they glitch to all unown i encounter to being unown in the letter U shape. But when i view them in my party its actually shown in its "N" shape. Is there a fix for this?
Old October 23rd, 2013 (12:20 AM).

Quote originally posted by Ash493:
You can't... probably something new will be there...
Unlimited stairs FTW btw.
Quote originally posted by AmazingCharizard:
Quote originally posted by thanhtp2013:
Is it True?? I haven't tried. I 'll,but don't tell me a lie, because I have had them both in game. thanks
I have confirmed amazingcharizard's method..

Quote originally posted by BLAxTOISE:

Entei and raikou will roam in jotho after you catch suicune if I'm not mistaken.. Ho-oh will be available at tin tower after cathing all three legendary dogs and after talking to eusine in celadon.. Celebi is obtained at gs ball event..

Old October 23rd, 2013 (04:22 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by chaos_evoys:
I have confirmed amazingcharizard's method..
Oh, there's a header script that checks the party? Did not know that!

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 23rd, 2013 (07:09 AM).

Quote originally posted by Ash493:
Oh, there's a header script that checks the party? Did not know that!
don't know if you must have them (groudon and kyogre) in your party or just catch them both, because I just put them in my party and go to the unlimited stairs to not waste time...

Old October 23rd, 2013 (08:59 AM).

Can you please help me?? In the undersea express, when I try to get back to johto/kanto I go down the stairs but then it glitches out and makes me walk through the wall and I can't go any farther in the game I've restarted the game twice because of this and I don't want to keep doing it. (I have regice,regirock,registeel,Kyogre,groudon,latios,latias,suicune,and a level 100 typhlosion. Someone help me!!)
Old October 23rd, 2013 (09:22 AM).

Quote originally posted by Kaden1:
Can you please help me?? In the undersea express, when I try to get back to johto/kanto I go down the stairs but then it glitches out and makes me walk through the wall and I can't go any farther in the game I've restarted the game twice because of this and I don't want to keep doing it. (I have regice,regirock,registeel,Kyogre,groudon,latios,latias,suicune,and a level 100 typhlosion. Someone help me!!)
1. What emulator you're using?
2. What version of the beta you're playing?
3. Are you using cheats?

Old October 24th, 2013 (10:43 PM). Edited October 24th, 2013 by Jet Pilot.
I killed Spiderman.

Nature: Bashful
Just my luck, second e4 run and I'm on the last E4 member against his last Pokemon, Wobbuffet.
I threw out my 69 Shuckle without thinking about shadow tag
Worst battle ever

Do YOU want a spam section?
Vote for POKESpam2014.
Old October 25th, 2013 (07:46 AM).

im currently stuck at the Ruins of Alph getting the Clear Bell. i found the room that takes me to new island, but when i walk on the tile, nothing happens. i reset the trainer battles in my room in NBT, but it reset the events as well, so im not sure if that affected it since i still got the voice telling me of the 3 legendary beasts and to go to the warp tile. please help! thanks

vers. 3.3
Old October 25th, 2013 (07:53 AM).

can someone help me?
i can't change my game date, it always on sunday..
so i can't TM finding mini games
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links