The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 20th, 2011, 09:42 AM
CosmosStrike
:D

Nature: Timid
I'm not sure if LaZ is still asking about which option we want but i'd go with option 1. I was going to choose option 2 and wait patiently like everyone else but we have been waiting months to see the progressing new and improved LC.
Old July 20th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Remi-X
Beginning Trainer

Little question, if I download 2.1 now, do some progress, and later install 3.1, what kind of bugs can occur than? You see everywhere that it can 'cause' bugs, but I still don't know what kind. So I'd like to know, otherwise I'll better wait for 3.1

Oh, about the options: option 2. Although I do not like to wait, I do like bigger worlds and more challanges. I'll keep myself busy with something else those few months extra, it's probably worth it.
Old July 20th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

Nature: Adamant
Wow, this is still going on?! Good work, linkandcelda c:
Overall, this hack is promising. For sure, this will turn out to be a complete, awesome game.

Although I'm not too fond of how the regular tree tile cuts out at the bottom, the grass path tile's pattern, and the excessively light outline of the Pokémon battle box, I'm sure you'd tweak things when it's needed. Graphics shouldn't be a priority, especially for a remake.

Lots of luck with this hack, you've done a great job with this (:
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old July 20th, 2011, 09:25 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
I thnk option 2 z the best coz v guys have waited for 3 yearz v can still wait for a bit longer for all the orange islands
But linkandzelda i was thnking if u really went with option 2 what will u brought in final beta version of the game?
Old July 21st, 2011, 03:33 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi-X View Post
Little question, if I download 2.1 now, do some progress, and later install 3.1, what kind of bugs can occur than? You see everywhere that it can 'cause' bugs, but I still don't know what kind. So I'd like to know, otherwise I'll better wait for 3.1 :P

Oh, about the options: option 2. Although I do not like to wait, I do like bigger worlds and more challanges. I'll keep myself busy with something else those few months extra, it's probably worth it.
I'll be changing some flags and variables so you would either miss out important events or have repeating events. Thats why I say not to continue with the same save. Not to mention, the maps have probably changed making the flashback system not work in some cases making the save file dead anyway. Savestate is even worse lol but you can try it and see the outcome depends how you played the game before hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
I thnk option 2 z the best coz v guys have waited for 3 yearz v can still wait for a bit longer for all the orange islands
But linkandzelda i was thnking if u really went with option 2 what will u brought in final beta version of the game?
The final 4 islands and then everything 100%. If I was to make this beta have 2 islands then the next one would be the final. Otherwise it might be the next one has all 6 islands and it isn't the final so it will be another long wait for some progress.

It boils down to this:

option 1 - longer wait for the islands
option 2 - shorter wait for some of the islands

I'm also starting university in september 26th so I'm guessing my time will be very limited then. I would like to get at least 2 islands in the new beta if people want it. It could be a while again before the final is out depends on how much time i have free.
Old July 21st, 2011, 04:44 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
These are unfinished but I've sprited up to Morty.

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
Old July 21st, 2011, 05:41 AM
Gamader
Beginning Trainer

for some reason , i cant use fly.. i mean, when i use it, sometimes i can see the firered map so i cant fly or just the crystal map and cant fly because its bugged... is it only me?
Old July 21st, 2011, 05:43 AM
Dodq2
Black Knights Commander

Nature: Relaxed
Are you coming close to the new beta??? Can't wait to play it. In my opinion, this hack has surpassed Shiny Gold and HG/SS. I'm sure the final release will be fantastic.

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!
Old July 21st, 2011, 07:22 AM
Remi-X
Beginning Trainer

Also, will it be compatible with GPSP for the non-hacked psp? I've played Rijon Adventures, Shiny Gold and default pokemon games, but Liquid Ocean doesn't work properly (1M subboard error?). Might be the mod itself, or the wrong Fire Red version that I patched as I get the same error with VBA. So I hope Liquid Crystal will work
Old July 21st, 2011, 09:03 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

New intro sprite made by me. LaZ inserted it because I was lazy (despite it only taking 2 minutes to insert).

Old July 21st, 2011, 09:36 AM
war rock exe
Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeikku™ View Post
New intro sprite made by me. LaZ inserted it because I was lazy (despite it only taking 2 minutes to insert).

awesome Zeikku, those sprites are great!!!!
Old July 21st, 2011, 10:09 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Guy's just a heads up, I'm currently working as hard as I can on the sprite improvement so all complaints about big headed Charizard's and other Pokémon stop. This is something I cannot do quickly - There is still a lot to do. I don't know about LaZ but I don't think I'll be done for another 2-3 weeks. That doesn't even cover Magnius' work - I know he's busy with new remixes. Rest assured, we're beta testing to ensure a stable and clean release. I did a Beta testing session yesterday and the ROM is already pretty much bug free.

All I'm saying is that I personally don't think we'll be rushing towards a release. Me and LaZ really want and expect this release to be close to perfect. Of course, I don't speak for LaZ, but your patience will pay off. Regardless of what I said, the release still stands in for Summer, so it is likely to be here within 4-6 weeks (my estimation).

Be sure to check out my previous post with the new intro sprite too .

Last edited by Zeikku™; July 21st, 2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old July 21st, 2011, 10:24 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Another update regarding trainer requests.

Lots of people have asked for trainer names which don't make much sense such as sometimes username like Loki56739 or something. I'm not gonna put those names into the hack because people who don't know of the trainer request will think "eh? what a strange name" so i'll remove the numbers and correct "haxor" speak too in peoples trainer text.

The other thing is... again regarding places that the trainers will be in. I've done about 20 of them in the places people requested. As for the rest i'll place them "somewhere" and also will follow a few more of the places requests. Hope thats not too much of a problem.
Old July 21st, 2011, 12:34 PM
monkeyboi
Pokemon hack/game player

So I'm completely confused now.

Did you take even more requests? I thought the rom was getting too full from just the last batch. Are you moving characters that were already in the game or just new ones?

It is great to hear that the trainer requests are still being added though, it made the game really fun. Also I never did quite complain about the extra XP.

-If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

What am I up to currently?
Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it
Old July 21st, 2011, 12:42 PM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboi View Post
So I'm completely confused now.

Did you take even more requests? I thought the rom was getting too full from just the last batch. Are you moving characters that were already in the game or just new ones?

It is great to hear that the trainer requests are still being added though, it made the game really fun. Also I never did quite complain about the extra XP.
Basically i did the trainer request once here only a little before beta 2.1 was released. I was able to insert a few of them for that release. I haven't inserted any of them up until a few days ago when i inserted about 5-6 of them (out of like 100). For this beta i'll insert as many as possible but probably not all of them.

The ones which are already in the game including the old ones and the new 5-6 will not be moved, the ones i add from now on will be in a different location than what people asked for. Simple as that.
Old July 21st, 2011, 12:48 PM
Darkerm
Darkness is Not always Evil

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeikku™ View Post
Awesome. Nice work mate.
I really like it.

"My Hack"

Banner By "YAS"
Old July 21st, 2011, 01:51 PM
Dodq2
Black Knights Commander

Could I have a trainer added by the name of Caden? Perhaps a "Cool Trainer"?

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!
Old July 21st, 2011, 06:10 PM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodq2 View Post
Could I have a trainer added by the name of Caden? Perhaps a "Cool Trainer"?
Sorry but the trainer request was closed over 2 years ago xD. Theres already too many of them as it is lol.

Update: I've been working on a script this evening thought I would share the progress. It's funny because I have a huge todo list of things to do, and when that happens i go and find more things to do. In this case I started making the Battle Tower.

It has a few problems such as the music which will NOT be like that in the final and then the multi choice box reading the game corner prizes list. Oh and not to mention, the battle room doesn't exist yet so i made it enter the link room instead. I'll be finishing it off tomorrow or the next day.
Old July 21st, 2011, 06:46 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Hey LaZ z the problem of the johto starters given to us by some people solved . In ur previous beta they could nt evolve right? I am nt talking about the starter we pick frm the Birch lab. And could that move tutor in Cinewood City be able to teach the ultimate moves to all the starters when v have them?
Old July 21st, 2011, 11:38 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Awesome updates both of use LaZ and Zeikku!
I'm really pumped for the beta 3.1 :D
Though Battle Tower won't be there, or will?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 22nd, 2011, 12:17 AM
GamerBoy1997
Beginning Trainer

Wait, you said that you were taking requests again right? If you are, can you make one named, "Ace Trainer Brandon"? Hope it's not too much trouble
Old July 22nd, 2011, 04:30 AM
Quickster
Dream or Drop?

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerBoy1997 View Post
Wait, you said that you were taking requests again right? If you are, can you make one named, "Ace Trainer Brandon"? Hope it's not too much trouble
Only if you could read two posts up... LaZ said that he stopped taking requests two years ago.

That battle tower script looks really good though, and I cant wait to try it out, whatever beta it is in.

And Zeikku, those gym leader sprites and the intro sprites are looking great!

But sometimes I want to come back to it...

Old July 22nd, 2011, 08:03 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
It's been a long time since I've played this beta, but I think I'll go back through it for the fun of it. I remember having a lot of fun the first time, and even just the beginning of the first Orange Island was a really nice change of pace and quite fun to play. I even think I put a trainer request in those two years ago, but I really don't know...it was two years ago =3 POINT BEING, I'm loving all the updates that the two of you are rolling out (And that Gold sprite is awesome Zeikku), and I'm way more than happy to wait patiently for beta 3.1 to come out. I've been supporting since the beginning, and I'll continue to the end. Good luck guys!
Old July 22nd, 2011, 08:40 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Hey LaZ z the problem of the johto starters given to us by some people solved . In ur previous beta they could nt evolve right? I am nt talking about the starter we pick frm the Birch lab. And could that move tutor in Cinewood City be able to teach the ultimate moves to all the starters when v have them?
The starters in beta 3. that you obtain will be evolvable and will register in the pokedex. They just won't have the awesome moves that they had from before. Or maybe they will who knows :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Awesome updates both of use LaZ and Zeikku!
I'm really pumped for the beta 3.1 :D
Though Battle Tower won't be there, or will?
The Battle Tower will be there. Why did you think ti woulnt be as i am working on it now? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
It's been a long time since I've played this beta, but I think I'll go back through it for the fun of it. I remember having a lot of fun the first time, and even just the beginning of the first Orange Island was a really nice change of pace and quite fun to play. I even think I put a trainer request in those two years ago, but I really don't know...it was two years ago =3 POINT BEING, I'm loving all the updates that the two of you are rolling out (And that Gold sprite is awesome Zeikku), and I'm way more than happy to wait patiently for beta 3.1 to come out. I've been supporting since the beginning, and I'll continue to the end. Good luck guys!
Thanks for your support :)

Still working on the battle tower, and other stuff xD
Old July 22nd, 2011, 09:49 AM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

man this hack is looking greater and greater, im glad to see your dedication in this hack, but i have one question, its probaly been asked but are the espeon/umbreon evolutions fixed yet?

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links