Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 31st, 2011, 06:15 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahasverus View Post
Hey LaZ long time no see you! I was one of your first supporters and I was sad when it was said you wouldn't continue your work so I left the place, but after all this years i'm back and I couldn't be more impressed by your (and Zeikku of course ^^ ) current work and dedication, I'm really happy to see this great hack come into fruitition and now I would also like to reiterate my (3 years old heheh) will to translate your game into spanish where the time has come :D thanks a lot LaZ see you around!

Ultra Noob question: Which version of the FR rom is needed??
Hehe i remember you, good to see you around. Spanish would be great xD and you need 1.0 FR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraxx View Post
@Above: Most likely BPRE.

And LaZ, how's the badegg bug going? That's one really important one to fix, already lost like 5 - 10 pokemon in Shiny Gold because of it, including my Blaziken :(
I'm still working on it but it will be tough to track them all... I'll still do my best though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewphoria View Post
I was playing this today and I was in the Rocket Hideout place and I talked to a scientist in the room with the female Rocket Grunt with Glooms and the screen turned red-violet and it froze.
Old bug but thanks :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgunitsme View Post
after i defeated the rival she went and crashed into the wall near the exit(above the rocks) and the game freezed.....can some1 pleae help me.....
Where a bouts did this happen like what area? I'm thinking victory road.
Old July 31st, 2011, 10:09 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
This is a mock up, not tested it yet, but it should work. I've also contacted Darcy in hopes of getting Suicune animated for the title screen.

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
Old July 31st, 2011, 10:10 AM
SharpAceX
Pokémon: SacredFire creator

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeikku™ View Post
This is a mock up, not tested it yet, but it should work. I've also contacted Darcy in hopes of getting Suicune animated for the title screen.
That looks pretty good. I like it.

Coming August 2011...
Old July 31st, 2011, 10:25 AM
R3D X
Dark Robin

Quote:
That's hot if it's animated it would be the crystal version recreation to gba Nintendo never made!
Old July 31st, 2011, 12:55 PM
TheDemetrious1
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3D X View Post
That's hot if it's animated it would be the crystal version recreation to gba Nintendo never made!
I know right i'm kind of a little more excited with Liquid crystal! If you guys need any help with anything i'm here!
Old July 31st, 2011, 01:41 PM
Barbie Jean
Community Supporter

Quote:

I like it, good job, and it would be cool to see suicune animated.

Old July 31st, 2011, 02:22 PM
Cold Ivory

Nature: Mild
Quote:

Quite possibly the best title screen I've ever seen.
Old July 31st, 2011, 04:59 PM
Darkerm
Darkness is Not always Evil

Nature: Gentle
Quote:

Just one word, Awesome:D.
what a great Title screen. cant stop looking.
Animation would be great.
BTW, I think the platform on which Suicune standing should be a little bit darker but its just my thought. don't worry about it :D

"My Hack"

Banner By "YAS"
Old July 31st, 2011, 08:21 PM
rodneym2008
Beginning Trainer

so.. how far are you now into 3.1 ?? (:
Old July 31st, 2011, 09:42 PM
hhx2528890
Beginning Trainer

hey ,man,i really love this hack and live the battle tower。can next beta have it?
and i find its a kinda easy to this hack,especial RED i think i too week。can u make it difficult to beta3.1 like shiny gold have a normal one and difficult one X!
howeve ,GOOD luck ,go on it ,fighting!
Old July 31st, 2011, 10:41 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
That title screen is plain awesomeness!
I must see this animated! :D
Good luck with it and I hope to see it soon =)
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 1st, 2011, 01:45 AM
topgunitsme
Unhatched Egg

Where a bouts did this happen like what area? I'm thinking victory road.[/QUOTE]

yeah it was victory road and i started again from the last save tried patching the rom with beat 1 and 1.1 and this time i couldnt exit the cave.
Old August 1st, 2011, 03:05 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Hey Zeikku! That's an awesome titlescreen! It alls falls together really nicely. One thing, though, is concerning me on the "mountain" that the Suicune is stood on, and that's it's outline. The grey looks really out of place and should be a mixture of black and dark brown imo. Though you did say it was a mockup so it may just be a WIP..? Either way, it looks great, as does the rest of this hack. All the best~
Old August 1st, 2011, 04:16 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
Hey Zeikku! That's an awesome titlescreen! It alls falls together really nicely. One thing, though, is concerning me on the "mountain" that the Suicune is stood on, and that's it's outline. The grey looks really out of place and should be a mixture of black and dark brown imo. Though you did say it was a mockup so it may just be a WIP..? Either way, it looks great, as does the rest of this hack. All the best~
Yeah that's a problem, you see the Background has 16 colors, if I can somehow get black in the palette without too much of a loss in quality. Doubt I could get a dark brown in there but I'll see what I can do. Right now I'm working on replacing the weird sprites in the game

Can someone also name ugly sprites, except charizard and pidgey?

Also, what do people think of this palette for the hero's intro sprite? Note: Palettes for the hero will not actually change this beta, I'm just experimenting

Ohh and this release we're going to have a lot of revamps so that people get a sense of nostalgia when playing this. Remember this little bird?

Last edited by Zeikku™; August 1st, 2011 at 05:22 AM.
Old August 1st, 2011, 05:37 AM
lukasz_pro
Saiyan Prince

Nature: Hardy
Quote:

very nice :D , i like it ;]
i hope 3.1 will be released until school starts ;p
Old August 1st, 2011, 06:43 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Hey nice title screen and it rocks even if its a mock also the sprite in intro just looks fine too.
Continue plz to give ur dedication like this.
Old August 1st, 2011, 08:09 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Guys i've got a serious question. Which do you prefer for LC, the GSC surfing music from the originals? Or the Wind Waker music from the current beta?
Old August 1st, 2011, 10:17 AM
alienhunterx

Hey LaZ i vote for GSC original music and i have a question for you too? Could not u insert some of the final evolutions of the Gen 1,2,3 pokemons which appeared in 4th generation i.e Gallade, Rhyperior, Electivire, Magnezone, Magmortar etc. I just love these pokes. I knw they are not possible in ths beta. But wht about in ur next beta?
Old August 1st, 2011, 10:31 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Hey LaZ i vote for GSC original music and i have a question for you too? Could not u insert some of the final evolutions of the Gen 1,2,3 pokemons which appeared in 4th generation i.e Gallade, Rhyperior, Electivire, Magnezone, Magmortar etc. I just love these pokes. I knw they are not possible in ths beta. But wht about in ur next beta?
It's an idea we're willing to get working. However, extending the Pokédex isn't something we can do yet. I'm pretty sure it can be done in future. Your idea is something we've considered and quite frankly, we definitely have slots for the Pokémon sprites, moves, stats, evolutions and much more. However, the 'dex entries for these extra Pokémon would not be included.

In other words, we're not ready to insert Pokémon until we are certain we can get the extra data slots in the 'dex for the Pokémon - I'm pretty sure LaZ feels the same. We're striving to make this release as problem-free and for now, inserting these new Pokémon will only duplicate our problems. Do not be discouraged, I'm sure we'll figure this issue out by the next release (beta 4).

Old August 1st, 2011, 11:39 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Alternatively, would it not be possible to have one Pokédex entry that says something like "This POKéMON is foreign. Little info is known." and then repoint the rest of the Pokémon's entries to that entry?
Old August 1st, 2011, 01:51 PM
The Grubby Pup
Where's mah shiny squeaky ball

Send a message via Skype™ to The Grubby Pup
hey, this look really good. I can't wait 'till the next beta come along
Paired with xxkaylabby
Like the Furrets in this picture...everything's true..that's why it's my signature.
Old August 1st, 2011, 02:15 PM
alienhunterx

Hey Zeikku i would definitely b not discouraged and thnx for the compliment and i could wait till the next beta.
Also on the other side plz change the back sprites of Graveler and Golem if u could plz.
Old August 1st, 2011, 02:29 PM
Zetsubou Johnny

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
Guys i've got a serious question. Which do you prefer for LC, the GSC surfing music from the originals? Or the Wind Waker music from the current beta?

Wind Waker Wind Waker Wind Waker Wind Waker Wind Waker Wind Waker Wind Waker Wind Waker

need i say more?
Old August 1st, 2011, 02:35 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Seeing that this is supposed to be a remake of Crystal you should have the Gold and Silver surfing music. Also I like the Ethan sprite you made Zeikku, it resembles his older Suigimori artwork.
Also known as SonicBronyPlatinum or Princess Copyright Infringement.
Old August 1st, 2011, 02:56 PM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Hey Zeikku i would definitely b not discouraged and thnx for the compliment and i could wait till the next beta.
Also on the other side plz change the back sprites of Graveler and Golem if u could plz.
Don't think I ever changed the backsprite for Graveller ever (that's the way it looks in FireRed). I'll probably leave it the way it is, I doubt I can find a better one and I hate spriting rock pokémon - They're so boring. Golem is definitely being changed though _ Not today but definitely later on in the week.

Just a heads up, I made like 18 new Pokémon sprites today for Liquid Crystal and they WILL be nostalic (They're decent revamps). I'll hopefully post screens later once LaZ inserts and repoints them all and deletes old image data.

@Spherical Ice, I understand that and it's a pretty good idea. However, this release is pretty much going to be a bigger and better remake than the previous releases. We're really focusing on matching the gameplay to that of the original Crystal so 4th/ 5th gen isn't exactly a priority. At the same time, it would make sense to add the evo's and prevo's. Either way, you won't be disapointed with this release - Everything is top notch. I might even do a video demonstration tomorrow.

@SonicBlazePlatinum, the actual sprite was actually based off Ken Sugimori's artwork, I happen to be pretty good at spriting from images but here's the original:

Last edited by Zeikku™; August 1st, 2011 at 03:16 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here