Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old September 13th, 2011 (06:40 PM).

I'm just happy it's being continued.

Too many times do you see fantastic hacks that just end abruptly for no reason. Either the creator loses interest, loses motivation, or just get's frustrated.

Also for those of you that are taking this wayyy too seriously, pestering LaZ about "When is it gonna be out!!!!1111oneone"

I would highly encourage you all to create your own beta of ANY random game. Learn the process of warps, scripts, mapping, and all of that. See if it doesn't change your tune about him being "slow". Truth is, it's a very very time consuming process, and I want him to take as much time as he needs to finish it, without losing his mind, and getting discouraged in the process.

Too many hacks fail short of completion for these reasons. So be more happy your even getting it at all.

God bless all of you, and LaZ take your time man, I'll be waiting for it when it's released.
Old September 14th, 2011 (11:26 AM).
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
I haven't seen the update videos in a while. Has the female player sprite benn updated yet?
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old September 14th, 2011 (05:58 PM).
Umbreon

Nature: Rash
Quote originally posted by Karas_893:
I'm just happy it's being continued.

Too many times do you see fantastic hacks that just end abruptly for no reason. Either the creator loses interest, loses motivation, or just get's frustrated.

Also for those of you that are taking this wayyy too seriously, pestering LaZ about "When is it gonna be out!!!!1111oneone"

I would highly encourage you all to create your own beta of ANY random game. Learn the process of warps, scripts, mapping, and all of that. See if it doesn't change your tune about him being "slow". Truth is, it's a very very time consuming process, and I want him to take as much time as he needs to finish it, without losing his mind, and getting discouraged in the process.

Too many hacks fail short of completion for these reasons. So be more happy your even getting it at all.

God bless all of you, and LaZ take your time man, I'll be waiting for it when it's released.
Well said. I've experimented with hacking myself, and it's VERY time consuming, difficult, and even confusing at times.

Old September 15th, 2011 (06:17 PM).
Champion Miki wants to {blank}

On a side note to that there are many times that when you are like halfway through a project and the rom just up and corrupts for what seems to be no apparent reason.

In Development. People Needed.
Old September 23rd, 2011 (12:02 AM).
Saiyan Prince

Nature: Hardy
any news LAZ or zeikku ? can we expect release in 2-4 weeks ?
Old September 23rd, 2011 (06:43 PM).

Will There Be Pokegear & Im Wondering About A Better Back Sprite For Donphan
Old September 25th, 2011 (03:20 AM).

I've got a question too, will there be a possibility to evolove Eevee into Umbreon and Espeon?
Old September 25th, 2011 (04:03 AM).
Guess who's back?

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Black_Flames:
So is the guy dead or what?
because its been 8 months now since he said coming soon , and 3 more months so it can be 2012 .
The 'guy' does have a life y'know, he doesn't spend every waking moment on liquid crystal, if you read the entire thread instead on jumping to conclusions you would have read he has come across problems and had to move the release date. It doesn't mean he's 'dead'.
Old September 25th, 2011 (11:12 AM).

@ Black_Flames
There's no need to get all defensive. Complaining about the planned release data isn't going to make anything faster, okay? Besides, you might not have been talking to him, but he was talking to YOU.
Old September 25th, 2011 (11:13 AM).
Meh

Nature: Relaxed
That link does nothing to support your argument.
Old September 25th, 2011 (12:38 PM). Edited September 25th, 2011 by Zeikku™.
Johto remaker
Silver Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
No, we are not dead; we're just busy with the real world. Linkandzelda started his first year at university, and I'm on my 2nd year, I have a job at dashhacks (see the signature) and a decent social life - It's not like we forgot about releasing this we're just busy and ensuring that this will be the best, bug-free release yet.

The Pokégear is still being developed and general sprites are too. I still have tilesets to import - Even if it does stretch into 2012, you'll still play it - Kill time with other hacks/ games. I'll keep you updated with the teaser videos too - My PC died recently and I had to reformat, so bare with me - Videos will be up sometime in this week.

In other news, I might be a daddy.

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
Old September 25th, 2011 (03:14 PM).

Quote originally posted by Zeikku™:
No, we are not dead; we're just busy with the real world. Linkandzelda started his first year at university, and I'm on my 2nd year, I have a job at dashhacks (see the signature) and a decent social life - It's not like we forgot about releasing this we're just busy and ensuring that this will be the best, bug-free release yet.

The Pokégear is still being developed and general sprites are too. I still have tilesets to import - Even if it does stretch into 2012, you'll still play it - Kill time with other hacks/ games. I'll keep you updated with the teaser video's too - My PC died recently and I had to reformat, so bare with me - Videos will be up sometime in this week.

So you've been getting it on with your lady? Lol; congrats if you have a baby
Old September 25th, 2011 (03:32 PM).
Johto remaker
Silver Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
Quote originally posted by GamerBoy1997:
So you've been getting it on with your lady? Lol; congrats if you have a baby
Yeah, haha . Either way - I'm looking forward to working on more graphics for this - People need to be a little more patient. Stuff is pretty hard for us at the moment - Especially for me, I have 2 jobs, 2 websites to run, university, a social life and of course Liquid Crystal - I'm swamped.

I go to sleep at 5 AM everyday as it is, a lot of the people on this thread need to be a little more understandable.

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
Old September 25th, 2011 (04:18 PM).

Awesome I Can't wait...I Just hope that the national park has its original music instead of the classic Travel theme...
"K"
Old September 25th, 2011 (04:26 PM).

congrats zeikku! n weve been waiting for months as it is so a couple more months to have the best game possible is worth it, makes no sense to get 1 now with bugs that the impatient ppl will jus complain about :/ anyways great work!
Old September 25th, 2011 (11:19 PM).
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Congrats indeed zeikku :)
Just a small update in about 1 hour 45 mins from now I will begin my first day at Uni. To say the truth, LC has not had any progress since August 12th 2011. Of course it's not dead and I'm not dead either.

In other words LC's progress will be slow at most. But, I will keep to my words. Coming soon 2011 guys is what I said, and it will be true.

~Link
Old September 26th, 2011 (11:59 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Zeikku™:
WHAT?! o.O That's pretty early, dude =D
Well congrats... maybe =D Hope it won't consume your time =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 27th, 2011 (02:44 PM).
Nooby Trainer

Nature: Calm
Sorry if it's already been asked,(tl;dr) but what program is used to open UPS files?
Old September 27th, 2011 (11:48 PM).

Nature: Brave
HEY U NEED
TSUKUYOMI UPS PATCHER TO MOPEN OR PATCH UPS FILES
Old September 28th, 2011 (09:09 PM).

Hey I know this has been asked a lot of times but i would really appreciate a correct answer. I have seen the answers as using a sunstone, leveling with a dragon scale and using a dragon scale on sedra. Could someone please give me the right information and give me an idea where I can find a dragon scale.
Old October 2nd, 2011 (01:22 PM).

Is it possible to get a Fire Stone early in the game (I'm doing the Lake of Rage part)? Because I've got this Growlithe that, well, I'd like to evolve.

Also, why is the stone seller gone?
Old October 2nd, 2011 (02:18 PM).

WoW! The hack looks really good, I under the latest beta you got.
~
Now putting to criticize, the graphical environment of the hack looks pretty good, although you can improve, I know in some detail, I closed the whole.
But anyway, Good luck!

Salu2! n_n
Old October 3rd, 2011 (01:30 PM). Edited October 5th, 2011 by Dr. James.
Experimenting

Nature: Relaxed
Hey, you guys, I just want to say that this is a fantastic hack - the best hack of Crystal I've seen so far.

I couldn't stop playing since I downloaded it. Fantastic. Everything from the original Crystal was there. New stuff. New characters. Great.

And yet, I found some mistakes, that could be corrected. Some of them have already been pointed out, but I've got images. :D

I know, probably most of these are already corrected in Beta 3, but if they're not, you should look at them. If you correct these, man, the game would be even better.

So let's see:

Plot holes
Spoiler:
  • When I chose Totodile, Silver also chose it. We advanced through the game and eventually both had Feraligatrs.
  • At the beginning of the game, Silver is named. However, the first time you face him he is still named ??? (probably to follow the original Crystal)
  • After you pick your first Pokemon, Silver said "I'm watching you, Elm." He got confused about this voice, but didn't do anything about it. Shouldn't he look around to see who said that?
  • When leaving Azalea Town, Zane appears and talks to the player, then battles him. After defeating him, Zane leaves and inmediately Silver appears, says nothing, and battles the player. After defeating him, Silver still says something about the Team Rocket, even though he never said anything about them in the first place.
  • Silver wants to destroy Team Rocket, but then joins them.
  • Silver is revealed to be Russell's son -- even though it is known that Silver is Giovainni's son (which a scientist in FireRed confirms).
  • Russell fights with the player to make time until he can get his legendary Pokemon. After the fight, he suddenly wants to be with his son. That change of heart came out from nowhere. At least, he should say something like, "But why? Why can't I have ultimate power? Is power not the answer...? Then what is it?".
  • Brendan comes from Hoenn, battles with the player and gives all of his Pokemon to Elm. With no reason to do all those things.
  • Axel was trying to get to Silver and Russell just because of a McDonald's meal?
  • Even though Blue and Axel are at Cinnabar Island at the same time, neither say anything about each other, even though they're next to one another.

Incorrect stuff
Spoiler:
>> The dude that sells the stones may not look at you when he's speaking (Cerulean City).
>> You can walk in this border in Dragon's Den.
>> You can't active the bike in Cerulean City.
>> The same in Blackthorn City.
>> Saffron City's northern entrance looks different from each way. From below, the exit is around buildings; from above, it's around trees.
>> You can go through these rocks in Dragon's Den.
>> The top of the building (Fuchsia City) uses the wrong tiles.
>> Again, walking in the water in Dragon's Den.
>> When you travel to the past, you get to this Island. If you go to the most top of it, you can see some trees-stuff where just mountain border should be.
>> Minor mistake, should be "No one's". Also, it's would be "No one has done that" instead of "No one's got that".
>> After exiting Fuchsia City from the right entrance, you can actually see the map's end at the other side.
>> Walking in water at Dragon's Den...
>> There's this long staircase in some part of the game (can't remember which one). The first time I played it, the staircase had no end. I walked up like ten minutes until I reset the game. The rest of the times it behave normally.
>> Probably this is intentional, but "See ya later" looks better
>> At the south of Fuchsia City, you can see water becomes tree suddenly.
>> Here at Ecruteak's. If you look at the left-top of the image, you see trees' tops, but no trees.
>> When entering this gate to go to Lake Of Rage, you can actually see that there's no road behind it, even though there actually is.
>> Don't make the same mistake the original Crystal did. The northern entrance of Ruins of Alph don't match to what is seen inside. Here you can see that mountain, but there's not entrance, as seen when you enter.
>> Minor corrections: "Well, I"; "you're eager"; "we're doing".
>> Minor thing: It should be "TM03" with no space.
>> Should be something like this: "Well, I should really get going. Prof. Elm, take my Pokemon."
>> That's no Slowpoke's tale! :D
>> On your way to the Pokemon League, you can actually trespass the mountain through the back of the house. You can go all the way up and doing while in the mountain.
>> At mount Silver, you can see this mountain's border with no end.
>> It should be "you're", not "your".
>> It should be, "So, PROF. ELM tells me you're pretty strong. What?!".
>> It's excellent.
>> Can't take out the bike here? (near Mahogany's).
>> Tohjo Falls, walking in water.
>> "You're not".
>> That doesn't quite look like a Gyarados. And it's not red.
>> At the bike route, you can see... well, that.
>> Should be "aloud", not "allowed".
>> There's this guy at the underground caves that just sits there, in the middle of the borders.
>> The top of the Tin Tower can be seen, and it's cut out.
>> There's this girl in the wall, at the SS Aqua.
>> At the bike route, there's reflection, but no water, here.
>> "We're leaving".
>> Check out that rock at the right. Not right.
>> Getting to Fuchsia, there's water here that shouldn't be seen.
>> "Team Static is". Also the arrow doesn't quite fit there.
>> I'm not able to walk there.
>> This place should actually be called "Dragon's Den".
>> The "you'd" doesn't fit.
>> Should be "want to" (not necessarily, but better). "By, Chris". And a point "." should be added at the end.
>> Trees border at Cherrygroove's.
>> Most of Russell's story isn't understood, since his texts are cut-out.
>> After wining Lance, we weren't synced at walking. Then my Pokeballs appeared in mid-air instead of the table.
>> Should be, "In the Pokemon League..."
>> This mountain loses its border in Mt. Silver.
>> Can't take out my bike when going to see Red.
>> Once more, it should be "you're".
>> Here at the Pokemon League, at the right, you can see the trees where the mountain should continue.
>> This is the same mistake the original G/S/C did. You see that ledge below the other ledge? If you jump, you can actually stand ON the ledge below! That shouldn't happen!
>> At Ecruteak's, you can see the map ends beside the gate.
>> Entering the Pokemon League through Kanto, see that mountain at the top with no border.
>> At Mt. Silver, you can jump to the Pokemon Center.
>> Some mistakes here. Should be: "And how did you get here? You must have beaten the ELITE FOUR!".
>> Axel here tells you to go and find some switches. If you talk to him after he says that, the game freezes.
>> Entering the League shows this orange line on top of the doors.
>> At the new path near the Union cave you can see this trees where mountain should be, if you stand there.
>> Again, at Ecruteak. You can see the map ends.
>> At Pallet, if you surf to it, you can see the water border remnants on the tree until you walk away and return.
>> More punctuation. "I said leave! These are important matters, not for you!".
>> Again, walking on water here (Mt. Silver).
>> This happened at me when I beat this guy at Silph's. Everything glitched up, I had to reset. Next time, it didn't happen.
>> Going to the league, you can't take out your bike.
>> South entrance of Ruins of Alph, you can see that there's no Ruins of Alph at the left of the gate.
>> Entering Ecruteak's, you can see that the map ends.
>> If you surf here you can skip the guy that says that the ship will not be departing today.
>> Two mistakes here: it should be "Just you wait. This..." Also, when I came to this cave through the underground, this guy wasn't here. I exited and entered and the guy appeared.
>> There's this rock, half one kind and half another.
>> The dark sea ends. The border should be dark sea, not light sea.
>> Minor mistake: "that, kid." (after battling Zapdos).
>> These brown walls don't seem right.
>> Here at the Battle tower, these trees are where mountain should continue.
>> Should be "too".
>> Invisible stuff here.
>> Here at Route 14, see those trees. Those aren't right.
>> At Bill's cave, you can trespass this wall and go to other places.
>> Minor thing: "What's".
>> There's an extra space at the start of the sentence.
>> At Ruins of Alph, you can see the map ends at the other side of the gate.
>> At Olivine's Gym, there's the arrow beside the carpet, inside of below.
>> That "i" should be "I".
>> At the Orange Island, you can walk in the northern sea.
>> Shouldn't be "TEAM ROCKET"?
>> There's some reflection where there's no water.
>> At Bill's cave, you can trespass this, too.
>> This appears when entering Route 27.
>> Entering Ruins of Alph northern gate you can see the map ends.
>> In Route 4, you can see this mountain with no end.
>> Again, "you're".
>> At Mt. Silver, you can jump on top of this guy.
>> The Hidden Power dude looks away while he's talking to you.
>> Here at Vermilion's: you can see trees where water should be, and there's this dude at the north-left corner.
>> Again, reflection on the ground.
>> Same as before.
>> Just trees where Saffron should be.
>> This scientist speaks of Team Aqua. But Team Static is the problem here. Also, he doesn't face you while speaking.
>> Should be "That's".
>> The Pokemap dislpays the Sprout tower as being there. But it's not.
>> The mountains border just stops there.
>> If you go to a corner of a Pokemart, this graphical glitch is shown.
>> You can walk here, at the underground caves.
>> You can hardly see it, but the roof of the Safari Zone is cut out.
>> Once more, the reflection on non-water.
>> Should be "MR. FUJI, CHRIS, but there's..."
>> I assume this is a remnant of FireRed. Email to Oak on Elm's lab?
>> "Something's".
>> Here, at the underground. Whenever I go to the left and right, this door and dude disappear.
>> When this girl appears, she hands off an item, but talks as she walks away.
>> Sometimes, when it snows, it comes down as black snow.
>> Two things: "yourself, Bob" and "earlier". Also, the player just steals those fossils? Who is he, Red?
>> Don't know if this is gonna be in the final version, but it should be, again, "you're".
>> At the casino, this guy sells out cities!
>> After beating Lance for the second time, we entered the Hall Of Fame's room, and in the darkness Lance spoke out his dialogue again.
>> That mountain's border corner isn't right.
>> Can't surf in that space. I should be able.
>> Invisible thing here.
>> Reflection on the ground.
>> "i" should be "I".
>> You can see that the road ends below the gate, here at Route 46, when in fact it doesn't.
>> Should be "its resting place". Also, it should be "it's trying".
>> The player's sprite in the middle of the building.
>> This dude that appears sometimes may walk inside the little bushes.
>> The small tree suddenly appears when you step into Route 2.
>> The Egg the daycare man gave to me turned out to be a Bad Egg.
>> After Ivy left, I entered the mart again and her dialog played again, but she wasn't there.
>> Can't use the bike near Ivy's lab?
>> In Vermilion's, you can see trees where water should be.
>> Should be "world's".
>> The mountain border becomes trees.
>> This fat man who leaves near Viridian's Forest is on top of this table when you enter.
>> Saffron's southern gate doesn't match to what it's seen inside.
>> Should be "I've".
>> The trees border is not synced to the actual trees of the route.
>> The dude that gave the Squirtle, should say "You're".
>> "We're".
>> You can walk on the bushes on Route 46.
>> "You're".
>> The player's body appears on top of the tree, instead of behind it.
>> Should be, "You never would have seen that coming!".
>> That girl appears from nowhere when entering Lavender's.
>> The mountain's border continues like that. That's not right. Also, the other mountain at the top abruptly ends.
>> Had to talk to Axel two times here. The first time I exited without getting the Dratini, the second time I got it. Axel was there both times and said the same things.
>> When Silver left here at Olivine's, he pushed me on top of the plant.
>> Here at Route 3, you can see those mountains with cut-out borders.
>> Should be "to collect".
>> Minor thingy here: "Hey, mister. Are".
>> A strange part of the tree stands where the rail should be.
>> The border (trees) is visible where mountain should be.
>> The trees end that way here, at the north of Vermilion's.
>> There are some whirlpools, like the one here (going to the League), that I can go through without using the actual move.
>> Can't take out the bike at Pallet's.
>> The Team Rocket's at the Radio Tower, and this girl says nothing about it. Also, where's Buena?
>> "Time" doesn't fit there.
>> I can't talk to this guard, which in the southern gate of Saffron's.
>> Axel should say, "would have".
>> Can't take out my bike in New Bark Town.
>> AHH!! THIS GUY!! At Rocket's Hideout in Magohany's! I spoke to him, and the screen turned purple! The game crashed! I had to reset. I warn you: this guy's a mess!
>> Mountain without ending here at Route 4.
>> Here at the Orange Islands, there's water there.
>> Typo: "POKEMON" should be "Pokémon".
>> Should be "you're".
>> Those trees' top and the mountain's border, aren't right.
>> The player is seen on top, instead of behind of, these Pokemon Gym's statues.
>> When entering this cave, you can see at the top that the mountain borders suddenly stop (the border is seen).
>> "program" doesn't fit there.
>> "i've" should be "I've".
>> I can't walk in that part.
>> This dude doesn't see me when he's speaking.
>> Reflection on the ground.
>> Hey, that's rough. But it should be "guy's face".
>> Should be "You're from JOHTO, right?".
>> "I should have known".
>> Should be "Well, you". Also, there's an extra point at the end of the first sentence.
>> Typo: should be "POKéMON".
>> Should be, "Good luck, STEVE! We're...".
>> "I would have thought of someone as strong as yourself had wiped out...".
>> "Boys", not "boy's".
>> "You're".
>> Walking here on water.

Minor things
Spoiler:
  • There's actually a "..." symbol. You don't have to put three dots to write that.

Ahh, I'm tired. Well, that's it... I hope you check out these things so the hack can be better. I'm sure it will be.

Good luck!
Old October 3rd, 2011 (06:17 PM). Edited October 3rd, 2011 by DarkDurandal.

Quote originally posted by ANONYMOUS_USER:
hoping a release for (September[expired]) October
ANONYMOUS_USER i know its been a while since he made that video , but we should be patient now that it is lots of work put in into this excellent hack.

Quote originally posted by jstolze:
You seem a little too impatient. It will come out when it comes out, and I don't see that link explaining anything other than your inability to wait for a release data. You should give support or post problems instead of whining about a date that passed. If I'm coming off rude, I'm not intending to. I just hate it when others are nagging about the game being released.
Quote originally posted by SpeedyGeek:
No it doesn't. All it explains is his & your impatience.
jstolze and SpeedyGeek you both should stop annoying other users , your acting like a child by being rude , BTW Read the Rules.
Old October 5th, 2011 (02:32 AM).
~Legendary Master~

Nature: Adamant
Gotta admit lookin sick, gonna wait for full game though. How did u edit the Full sized trainer?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links