The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.


Advertise here

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1026    
Old December 25th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Breathe
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male

Advertise here
Whenever I face the metapods in the 2nd gym, and they use harden, the game freezes. Is this a new issue?
Reply With Quote
  #1027    
Old December 26th, 2011, 12:10 AM
TheChaosBlue's Avatar
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York City, USA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Congrats on having this hack up and running...you guys poured a lot of time, blood, sweat and perseverance to make this release worthwhile, and me and others appreicate that.

...Gee, sounding like a broken record am I?

Anywho, just wondering before I get this hack started, you say this follows closely to Crystal, but I want to know if the small mini events (like the Farfetch'd minigame in Ilex Forest) follows the GSC's method or HGSS's...

That's all from me...oh, and was reading several of these posts with regards to actual playtime, seems there's some bugs here and there...eh, I'll play regardless and if there's anything that catches my eye, I'll be sure to report it here.

Happy Holidays Liquid Crystal team, all of you deserve it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1028    
Old December 26th, 2011, 12:19 AM
destinedjagold's Avatar
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philippines
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
I don't like signing up to whatever site the links send me, so can anyone be a dear and put up a download link on a file-hosting site that doesn't require to log-in?
Thanks~
Reply With Quote
  #1029    
Old December 26th, 2011, 12:20 AM
KillerTyphlosion's Avatar
KillerTyphlosion
Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Netherland
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Was excited to download this but i get a database error thing. Have to wait a bit longer then
__________________
My (3ds) friendcode: 3093-8389-5706
My friendsafari: Snubbull, Floette and Mawile

Reply With Quote
  #1030    
Old December 26th, 2011, 12:22 AM
shinoholmes's Avatar
shinoholmes
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
This is the Team id like to make but im not sure if third generation pokemon will be available

Quilava
Scyther
Mawile/A (Espion/B if no mawile)
A Vaporion B Snorelax
Tropous (Fearow or Farfetch'ed if no Tropous)
Smeargle

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I WILL BE ABLE TO GET MY 2 THIRD GENERATION POKEMON? OR SHOULD I JUST CHANGE MY SETUP?
__________________
Bow Your Heads Now!

ALL HAIL SHINO!

Last edited by shinoholmes; December 26th, 2011 at 12:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #1031    
Old December 26th, 2011, 12:29 AM
TheChaosBlue's Avatar
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York City, USA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Haha, yeah, I've tried to download it as well, and the Pokemon World Forums seems to be down...go figure :D

That's alright through, and the Live Bate concept sounds intriguing. Hope it's successful on everybody's part

Oh, and shinoholmes, 3rd Generation Pokemon are most likely to be caught, seen and trained in v3.1...as they appeared in the prior Beta (v2.1) I know, I had a Swampert I believe...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1032    
Old December 26th, 2011, 12:31 AM
Zetsubou Johnny's Avatar
Zetsubou Johnny
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sky Dinosaurian Square
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Just my luck. This game finally comes out and I have to wait longer to play it. What does Semi-Support mean and when do you think full support will come to gameboid?
Reply With Quote
  #1033    
Old December 26th, 2011, 12:59 AM
Darthatron's Avatar
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter Tier 2
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Mirror of patch: http://www.sendspace.com/file/a7g7cl
VBA-M (working emulator): http://vba-m.com/index.php?ind=downl..._view&iden=118

Since it appears to be down.
__________________
あなた は しきしゃ です
わたし は ばか です
Reply With Quote
  #1034    
Old December 26th, 2011, 01:04 AM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Got very shocked when i saw that the thread was closed..
But new you guys need some air to release it. Just opened your thread and downloaded the official release one.
Also you mentioned that the live beta version would be the one which would b updated if bugs are found. Does that means that we should download only the live beta version?
Also CONGRATS to you and Zeikku for putting ths up thru your busy lives and thumbs up for your hard work and dedication..
P.s it is working easily on my mobile emulator.. Who says it works only on vba latest version??
Reply With Quote
  #1035    
Old December 26th, 2011, 01:14 AM
cane taker
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
is there any 4th or 5th gen pokemon?
Reply With Quote
  #1036    
Old December 26th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Mr Marine's Avatar
Mr Marine
The Legedary Pirate
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: India
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
gets up in the morning all excited about light platinum ,Goes to the topic,Clicks download button,DATABASE ERROR.............

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Reply With Quote
  #1037    
Old December 26th, 2011, 01:25 AM
AMZMA's Avatar
AMZMA
◄♪Begin Your Day With Musics♫►
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ask A Police
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
wOw
server is down

how many peoples download this hack

[spoiler=Original link from thepkmnworld]
Live
Code:
457aa6f8.ultrafiles.net
Official
Code:
423f7990.ultrafiles.net
*that not my adslinker
[/spoiler]
*delete this post if sever is going back
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Exceeding width limit
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by AMZMA; December 26th, 2011 at 04:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #1038    
Old December 26th, 2011, 01:30 AM
theutensil
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
I registered so I can say, thank you for this wonderful,awesome,cool hack.

BTW, do the pokemon here evolve via leveling or do I have to trade? Like Alakazam for example.

Last edited by theutensil; December 26th, 2011 at 02:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #1039    
Old December 26th, 2011, 02:20 AM
zhencheng12
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Gender:
Hi, LaZ first thank you for this awesome,cool hack.
I found a bug, that i use Teleport on Route 35 and it sends me to Lavander Town
[IMG]file:///H:/redsn0w_win_0.9.9b8/Base%20Rom/Neuer%20Ordner/Pokemon%20-%20Liquid%20Crystal/Pokemon%20-%20Liquid%20Crystal_02.png[/IMG]

After i click on yes i was really send to Lavander Town OoO
[IMG]file:///H:/redsn0w_win_0.9.9b8/Base%20Rom/Neuer%20Ordner/Pokemon%20-%20Liquid%20Crystal/Pokemon%20-%20Liquid%20Crystal_03.png[/IMG]

lg zhen
Reply With Quote
  #1040    
Old December 26th, 2011, 02:47 AM
pirateof7sea
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Well, I dont know whether this bug have been reported or not.

The bug is about the Badges, Plain Blade suddenly disappear and replaced with Fighting Badge, I dont know when the Badge disappear until I trying to break the rock in Burnt Tower.
Reply With Quote
  #1041    
Old December 26th, 2011, 03:00 AM
ch4r1zard's Avatar
ch4r1zard
Burner of backsides
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Gender:
Nature: Hardy
aw, i was looking forward to grabbing this, but its giving me a database error when clicking the download link
__________________


Current project: Anime cry replacement - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=294657
Reply With Quote
  #1042    
Old December 26th, 2011, 04:09 AM
Chiar's Avatar
Chiar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Ugh, The Pokémon World Forums are having a database error. Could it be uploaded to something like Megaupload? :/

Last edited by Chiar; December 26th, 2011 at 04:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #1043    
Old December 26th, 2011, 04:17 AM
persian_17's Avatar
persian_17
Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: far away island
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
can i ask how long this beta goes?
__________________
=(^.^)=
Reply With Quote
  #1044    
Old December 26th, 2011, 04:23 AM
lukasz_pro's Avatar
lukasz_pro
Saiyan Prince
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Poland,Gdańsk
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian_17 View Post
can i ask how long this beta goes?
full johto and kanto + one orange island
Reply With Quote
  #1045    
Old December 26th, 2011, 04:25 AM
AMZMA's Avatar
AMZMA
◄♪Begin Your Day With Musics♫►
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ask A Police
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch4r1zard View Post
aw, i was looking forward to grabbing this, but its giving me a database error when clicking the download link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiar View Post
Ugh, The Pokémon World Forums are having a database error. Could it be uploaded to something like Megaupload? :/
Quote:
Live
Code:
457aa6f8.ultrafiles.net
Official
Code:
423f7990.ultrafiles.net
*that not my adslinker
actually, the adslinker leads to dropbox
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Exceeding width limit
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Reply With Quote
  #1046    
Old December 26th, 2011, 04:27 AM
oDEFCONo
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
I would like to translate Pokemon Liquid Crytsal into my mother tongue, is that possible?

I've tried to open Liquid Crystal using 'Advanced Text', but I can only see texts of Pokemon Fire Red... so
Reply With Quote
  #1047    
Old December 26th, 2011, 05:11 AM
linkandzelda's Avatar
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hastings, England
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Sorry guys that the site was down I had no idea and just woke up. It's all fixed now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonK View Post
I'm having a terrible time saving in this game. The emulator is set to 128k and the save patch for firered is patched as well as the Liquid Crystal patch. Sometimes, the game saves normally and I can load it. Most of the time, it only says that my file has been deleted...

I would play through the game using savestates, but I found out last time (to my disappointment) that it doesn't work. (Since the game requires you to restart it in order to finish the Elite four.)

Any idea what's going on?

Edit: I've tried several things to try to figure out the problem and, I've got to tell you, it's getting pretty annoying seeing the message "The save file has been deleted..." over and over again...
Hmm.. Sorry you are having this problem but i never had it before. Are you using my emulator pack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyGeek View Post
Is it just me or does trading in Goldenrod City not work? I keep getting the so called communication error... haha.
There's a small chance of that too... Seems like a small issue I need to fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDurandal View Post
TO LaZ :

Why is pikachu's ability SATURN ?
isn't it STATIC ..
My word ahahah thats true. Thanks for pointing it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidcrystaluser1234 View Post
When I got to the elite four, I climbed up the stairs and I'm stuck. I'm assuming the only temporary fix is the walk through walls code. If you wish to see my .sa1 file I'll upload that in a moment.

megaupload dot com /?d=SPMESV8A

stupid 15 post minimum to post URLs...
I didnt check the save file but, which emulator are you using exactly? Try with my linked one in the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSonic View Post
Congrats on having this hack up and running...you guys poured a lot of time, blood, sweat and perseverance to make this release worthwhile, and me and others appreicate that.

...Gee, sounding like a broken record am I? :P

Anywho, just wondering before I get this hack started, you say this follows closely to Crystal, but I want to know if the small mini events (like the Farfetch'd minigame in Ilex Forest) follows the GSC's method or HGSS's...

That's all from me...oh, and was reading several of these posts with regards to actual playtime, seems there's some bugs here and there...eh, I'll play regardless and if there's anything that catches my eye, I'll be sure to report it here.

Happy Holidays Liquid Crystal team, all of you deserve it.
Hehe thanks, everything is based on the GSC stuff. Not HGSS although some things appear to be from HGSS xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
I don't like signing up to whatever site the links send me, so can anyone be a dear and put up a download link on a file-hosting site that doesn't require to log-in?
Thanks~
For a link that should always work, try www.thepkmnworld.co.uk/lc31 for the official release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
Mirror of patch: http://www.sendspace.com/file/a7g7cl
VBA-M (working emulator): http://vba-m.com/index.php?ind=downl..._view&iden=118

Since it appears to be down. ^_^
Thanks for the mirror, although I didn't want it to be mirrored xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Got very shocked when i saw that the thread was closed..
But new you guys need some air to release it. Just opened your thread and downloaded the official release one.
Also you mentioned that the live beta version would be the one which would b updated if bugs are found. Does that means that we should download only the live beta version?
Also CONGRATS to you and Zeikku for putting ths up thru your busy lives and thumbs up for your hard work and dedication..
P.s it is working easily on my mobile emulator.. Who says it works only on vba latest version??
Once I mark bugs as fixed on my forums, you can safley download the Live Beta version to have said bugs eliminated. And if you try on another VBA the days of the week don't work correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane taker View Post
is there any 4th or 5th gen pokemon?
Nope. Check the FAQ on the first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Marine View Post
gets up in the morning all excited about light platinum ,Goes to the topic,Clicks download button,DATABASE ERROR.............

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Sorry lol I was annoyed too when I found out haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMZMA View Post
wOw :shocked:
server is down :shocked:

how many peoples download this hack :paranoid:

[spoiler=Original link from thepkmnworld]
Live
Code:
457aa6f8.ultrafiles.net
Official
Code:
423f7990.ultrafiles.net
*that not my adslinker :surprised:
[/spoiler]
*delete this post if sever is going back ;)
Those are the offiical non-TPW links indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theutensil View Post
I registered so I can say, thank you for this wonderful,awesome,cool hack.

BTW, do the pokemon here evolve via leveling or do I have to trade? Like Alakazam for example.
Hehe thanks, and you will find out how they evolve if you talk to everyone hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhencheng12 View Post
Hi, LaZ first thank you for this awesome,cool hack.
I found a bug, that i use Teleport on Route 35 and it sends me to Lavander Town :(
[IMG]file:///H:/redsn0w_win_0.9.9b8/Base%20Rom/Neuer%20Ordner/Pokemon%20-%20Liquid%20Crystal/Pokemon%20-%20Liquid%20Crystal_02.png[/IMG]

After i click on yes i was really send to Lavander Town OoO
[IMG]file:///H:/redsn0w_win_0.9.9b8/Base%20Rom/Neuer%20Ordner/Pokemon%20-%20Liquid%20Crystal/Pokemon%20-%20Liquid%20Crystal_03.png[/IMG]

lg zhen
Hello, you need to upload those screenshots as I cant see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateof7sea View Post
Well, I dont know whether this bug have been reported or not.

The bug is about the Badges, Plain Blade suddenly disappear and replaced with Fighting Badge, I dont know when the Badge disappear until I trying to break the rock in Burnt Tower.
Sounds rather odd.. I never had this problem neither did other testers. Did you use my emulator link or did you use cheats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch4r1zard View Post
aw, i was looking forward to grabbing this, but its giving me a database error when clicking the download link :(
Yea sorry.. I fixed it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oDEFCONo View Post
I would like to translate Pokemon Liquid Crytsal into my mother tongue, is that possible?

I've tried to open Liquid Crystal using 'Advanced Text', but I can only see texts of Pokemon Fire Red... so
Sounds good but you need to use the Search function of A-Text, and also to be able to do it correctly I would do it in a Hex Editor.


Sorry again everyone for the server down haha. I didn't anticipate the load and never imagined it would go down. Also, if people can now log as many bugs into the report system it would be helpful as I can just go there to see them and get them all fixed for the Live Beta asap.

Link
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1048    
Old December 26th, 2011, 05:44 AM
KillerTyphlosion's Avatar
KillerTyphlosion
Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Netherland
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
i think i already found a bug. I used leer 6 times with my cyndaquil on my rival's totodile then i tackled him and the damage stayed the same. I think the physical/special screws up the game. BTW love that you have ingame time. So does that mean i can evovle my eevee into espeon/umbreon and if so it the same as in the other games? umbreon when AM and espeon when PM?




Edit: tested on the first trainer in union cave. Tackle and quik attack did way to much damge on him for my modest quilava and he used schreech on me and after rock trhow and he barely did any damage so you should fix that physical/special split or remove it temporarely
__________________
My (3ds) friendcode: 3093-8389-5706
My friendsafari: Snubbull, Floette and Mawile


Last edited by KillerTyphlosion; December 26th, 2011 at 06:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #1049    
Old December 26th, 2011, 05:48 AM
oDEFCONo
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
Sounds good but you need to use the Search function of A-Text, and also to be able to do it correctly I would do it in a Hex Editor.
Are there any editors or tools you would suggest me for translating?
I'm doing this the first time so I have no idea how to start and as I said before, when I'm using A-Text I do only see texts out of Pokemon Fire Red, even if I use the search function.

You told me something about Hex Editors and I downloaded 'Hex Editor MX'.
Those hex values are like negotiating with some hostage-taker in chinese and I don't even understand a single word, so that could become difficult.
Reply With Quote
  #1050    
Old December 26th, 2011, 05:49 AM
Azure's Avatar
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerTyphlosion View Post
i think i already found a bug. I used leer 6 times with my cyndaquil on my rival's totodile then i tackled him and the damage stayed the same. I think the physical/special screws up the game. BTW love that you have ingame time. So does that mean i can evovle my eevee into espeon/umbreon and if so it the same as in the other games? umbreon when AM and espeon when PM?
Yeah, the exact same happened to me with using Leer 4 times and then tackle only takes of an eigth. I think it's not an error but more to do with the Physical/Special split.
__________________


Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 02:31 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.