Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old January 6th, 2012 (06:30 AM). Edited January 6th, 2012 by Jambo51.
Glory To Arstotzka
Team Sinnoh

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by K2 XTREME:
In my opinion, this game would be better without the black/white exp system. I for one can't stand having to fight lots more pokemon just to raise one of my pokemons level.

I will add this, nintendo should of never made that exp system.
Whether you agree with it or not - it is now official. Also - it actually INCREASES the base experience given out, not lowers it.

Quote originally posted by Andydark:
It may be beneficial to integrate some sort of system of informing people the type of attack something is, if we're insistent on keeping it. Then it might be easier to detect...

ALSO: in this version downloaded after someone told me my version "Must be out of date" the EXP bug still remains.
Noted - We'll try to add such a system shortly. As of 20:22 GMT on 6/1/2012 - This system has been added to the latest live beta.

Honestly - I've tried everything and I CANNOT replicate these bugs that people are getting. I tried starting a new game, I tried using multiple Pokémon in battle and everything worked fully as intended. However - I only tested 2 emulators - in which I got the intended results. I speculated before that it could be because a software interrupt used by the system may be missing on some emulators. What I'm saying is that (at the moment) it seems to be emulator specific.

Quote originally posted by lukasz_pro:
i have latest live beta , wobbuffet still use mirror coat not counter on elemental punches , shadow ball is still physic (now should be special)
Wobbuffet using Mirror Coat rather than Counter is a bug with the AI rather than the actual split itself. However - to the best of my knowledge, Growl (etc) correctly affects Physical Attacks and Calm Mind (etc) correctly affect the Special Attacks.

Shadow Ball is 100% special. The amount of damage it now does when Gastly/Haunter/Gengar use it is a testament to that fact!
Old January 6th, 2012 (06:50 AM).
Team Kanto
Crystal Tier

For what its worth, I think the wild pokemon in Kanto should be at higher levels. Maybe add the vs seeker, as I always enjoyed that item as it aids in training your party.

Also for the latest updates to the live beta, was their any bug fixes that affected the game majorly?

Old January 6th, 2012 (09:13 AM).
Glory To Arstotzka
Team Sinnoh

For what its worth, I think the wild pokemon in Kanto should be at higher levels. Maybe add the vs seeker, as I always enjoyed that item as it aids in training your party.
It is in the game. It's called the POKéGEAR. XD

Also for the latest updates to the live beta, was their any bug fixes that affected the game majorly?
Special/Physical split should be fixed. Including the Mirror Coat / Counter glitch.
This EXP glitch looks to be caused by the emulator itself - potentially a missing software interrupt.
Old January 6th, 2012 (11:57 AM). Edited January 6th, 2012 by CrimsonK.
That one guy.
Team Sinnoh

Nature: Impish
Umm... I didn't put anything in the Daycare... What the heck is a / 36?

Old January 6th, 2012 (12:21 PM).
Glory To Arstotzka
Team Sinnoh

Quote originally posted by CrimsonK:
Umm... I didn't put anything in the Daycare... What the heck is a / 36?

That, good sir, is a bad egg. If you would be so kind as to tell us what you have done recently in the game, it would be most helpful.
Old January 6th, 2012 (01:20 PM).
That one guy.
Team Sinnoh

Quote originally posted by Jambo51:
That, good sir, is a bad egg. If you would be so kind as to tell us what you have done recently in the game, it would be most helpful.
Hmm.... Not much... battled the rivals, went through Ilex forest, spent about 45 minutes trying to find a Heracross in the trees in Ilex and the Route before Azalea. (Still haven't found a single one. It's infuriating.) Had a conversation with the Glitchtree (as I call it), as mentioned in one of my earlier posts.

Old January 6th, 2012 (02:09 PM).
Team Kanto

I just got to the elite four (first time) and I go into the room and the wall is blocking me, I can't exit or move. Also I had Claire appear in her gym as a long black rectangle lol.
Old January 6th, 2012 (04:36 PM).
Team Unova

It is in the game. It's called the POKéGEAR. XD

Special/Physical split should be fixed. Including the Mirror Coat / Counter glitch.
This EXP glitch looks to be caused by the emulator itself - potentially a missing software interrupt.

I don't think the split is entirely fixed. I started a new game with the latest live beta and chose a Chikorita. I battled a wild Sentret and used only Growl, but its Scratch always did 3 damage. However, a wild Hoothoot using Growl makes my Chikorita's Tackle do less damage. I think enemy pokemon's attacks might still be all Special. Also, the new physical/special/status indicator on the status screen shows Growl as a physical attack.
Attached Images
File Type: png LC live beta.png‎ (5.4 KB, 39 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old January 6th, 2012 (04:44 PM). Edited January 6th, 2012 by lukasz_pro.
Saiyan Prince
Team Sinnoh

Nature: Hardy
why i dont have this special/physic icon ?
i have latest live beta

edit : my live beta is old xD
Old January 6th, 2012 (06:07 PM).
Glory To Arstotzka
Team Sinnoh

Quote originally posted by lolcats439:
I don't think the split is entirely fixed. I started a new game with the latest live beta and chose a Chikorita. I battled a wild Sentret and used only Growl, but its Scratch always did 3 damage. However, a wild Hoothoot using Growl makes my Chikorita's Tackle do less damage. I think enemy pokemon's attacks might still be all Special. Also, the new physical/special/status indicator on the status screen shows Growl as a physical attack.
That's just a data bug. LC is still using the archaic split numbering system, from before this hack was developed and added. Back then, if it wasn't special, it was 0x0.

As such, when this newest hack was added, it is reading Growl as a physical attack.

However, this does not impact upon the use of the hack itself AKAIK, as status attacks will never call the damage calculation code, and as such, are never checked for split status.

Quote originally posted by mochi187:
I just got to the elite four (first time) and I go into the room and the wall is blocking me, I can't exit or move. Also I had Claire appear in her gym as a long black rectangle lol.
You need to update to the newest live beta where both of these issues are fixed. See Linkandzelda's post for more information.

Hmm.... Not much... battled the rivals, went through Ilex forest, spent about 45 minutes trying to find a Heracross in the trees in Ilex and the Route before Azalea. (Still haven't found a single one. It's infuriating.) Had a conversation with the Glitchtree (as I call it), as mentioned in one of my earlier posts.
The only things there which could potentially cause that bug are the rival battles and the Glitchtree conversation.

Heracross can only be caught in Ilex Forest in that area of the game. It is EXTREMELY rare however. Something like a 1% chance of finding it every time you succeed at finding a Pokémon.

Overall, something like a 0.03% chance of finding a Heracross every time you headbutt a tree.

In other news, I finally tracked down what's causing the no-exp gain bug, and I'm working on fixing it now.
Old January 6th, 2012 (06:36 PM).
Team Unova

That's just a data bug. LC is still using the archaic split numbering system, from before this hack was developed and added. Back then, if it wasn't special, it was 0x0.

As such, when this newest hack was added, it is reading Growl as a physical attack.

However, this does not impact upon the use of the hack itself AKAIK, as status attacks will never call the damage calculation code, and as such, are never checked for split status.
What about the bug where using Growl on an opposing pokemon doesn't lower the damage done by its Tackle, as though it were a special attack when used by opposing pokemon?
Old January 6th, 2012 (06:55 PM).
Team Kanto

You need to update to the newest live beta where both of these issues are fixed. See Linkandzelda's post for more information.

I downloaded 3.1 and I patched FireRed again and loaded up the old save. It's still stuck >.<
Old January 6th, 2012 (07:01 PM). Edited January 6th, 2012 by Jambo51.
Glory To Arstotzka
Team Sinnoh

Quote originally posted by lolcats439:
What about the bug where using Growl on an opposing pokemon doesn't lower the damage done by its Tackle, as though it were a special attack when used by opposing pokemon?
That's fairly inexplicable, to be honest. I can't find any explanation for it. Although - are you really sure that this is what's happening?
Bear in mind there is a minimum damage level for an attack.

Nonetheless, I could have sworn that the game correctly calculates how much damage it should do.

EDIT: I just checked on the Live Beta, and Growl works exactly as intended - so I have no idea what's causing your problems. And when I say checked, I mean I actually ran the game in a debugger and watched command by command to see what the game did, and on using Tackle, it correctly loaded the nerfed Physical Attack stat.

I downloaded 3.1 and I patched FireRed again and loaded up the old save. It's still stuck >.<
Did you save in that place? If so, i'm afraid you're stuck. You would need to use a walk through walls code to get free from it.
Old January 6th, 2012 (07:07 PM).
Team Johto

ok now i need help with something XD first time in ever
so ive beaten red, and silver
how do i upgrade my SS ticket to travel to the orange islands?

ALL HAIL SHINO!
Old January 6th, 2012 (07:08 PM).
Team Kanto

Did you save in that place? If so, i'm afraid you're stuck. You would need to use a walk through walls code to get free from it.
I saved right outside it so I'm good. But every time I try to go in, i'm stuck in the walls. Maybe I'll use the walk through walls code.
Old January 6th, 2012 (07:47 PM). Edited January 6th, 2012 by CrimsonK.
That one guy.
Team Sinnoh

Heracross can only be caught in Ilex Forest in that area of the game. It is EXTREMELY rare however. Something like a 1% chance of finding it every time you succeed at finding a Pokémon.

Overall, something like a 0.03% chance of finding a Heracross every time you headbutt a tree.
Only in Ilex forest? And only a 1% chance? Why? It was found in a lot more places in the original...

It's really unnecessary for it to be so rare... Disappointing, too.

Old January 6th, 2012 (08:10 PM).
Team Kanto

Send a message via AIM to Andydark Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Andydark Send a message via Yahoo to Andydark
Heracross is also found outside of the Union Cave, Azalea side. I found one in the grass and OHKO'd it by mistake.

Also sorry if my rapid bug posting is irritating. I'm just really excited about this hack. It was always a favorite.

O fragments of light, strike down mine enemy! PRISM BALLET! This ends now!
Old January 6th, 2012 (08:13 PM). Edited January 6th, 2012 by shinoholmes.
Team Johto

I saved right outside it so I'm good. But every time I try to go in, i'm stuck in the walls. Maybe I'll use the walk through walls code.
i found him VERy easily in front of union cave exit (azalea exit)

If this ever happens in ur game XD just turn it off
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t182/shinoholmes/ChampionShinowantstobattle.png
but really tell me what ya think haha

ALL HAIL SHINO!
Old January 6th, 2012 (08:51 PM).
Team Kanto

Quote originally posted by shinoholmes:
i found him VERy easily in front of union cave exit (azalea exit)
I find that very amusing.
Old January 6th, 2012 (08:54 PM).
Team Johto

I find that very amusing.
lolz what? my picture? XD

ALL HAIL SHINO!
Old January 6th, 2012 (09:13 PM). Edited January 6th, 2012 by lolcats439.
Team Unova

That's fairly inexplicable, to be honest. I can't find any explanation for it. Although - are you really sure that this is what's happening?
Bear in mind there is a minimum damage level for an attack.

Nonetheless, I could have sworn that the game correctly calculates how much damage it should do.

EDIT: I just checked on the Live Beta, and Growl works exactly as intended - so I have no idea what's causing your problems. And when I say checked, I mean I actually ran the game in a debugger and watched command by command to see what the game did, and on using Tackle, it correctly loaded the nerfed Physical Attack stat.
I PMed you a video of what I described. However, Growl and Reflect do seem to work properly when testing against the first trainer in Falkner's gym's Spearow though.

Edit: Actually, I think this is normal. I just tried it in a clean FireRed, using a lv6 Bulbasaur vs a lv3 Pidgey, and even after 6 Growls, Pidgey's Tackle did 3 damage. So, not a bug.
Old January 7th, 2012 (03:19 AM).
Playing some ESL
Team Kanto

Nature: Bold
Hi.

I am sorry but I find a bug in beta 3.1. Sorry but I do not wanna register to another pokemon site so I just writing here the bug.

In the johto battle tower: when you talk to the computer, a new computer will grow.

Sorry about my BAD english... I am not from US or UK...

And can I help you in beta 4 or beta 3.2? I am very good with scripts you can write the answer at [email protected] or... this site.... or youtube (galhazan)

Bye bye bye ;D
Old January 7th, 2012 (05:58 AM).
Team Kalos

Shouldn't Salamance be able to learn dragon claw? When I went to the tutor for it in Goldenrod it said he couldn't learn it
Old January 7th, 2012 (06:21 AM).
Team Unova

I found strange bug in part when i have to chase farfetch to obtain HM01 (cut). Farfetch is runing out of map, here is a screen shot:
http: //imageshack.us/photo/my-images/406/bugzd.png/
can someone help? Or can some one send me a working ROM?
Delete space after http:
Old January 7th, 2012 (07:49 AM).
Glory To Arstotzka
Team Sinnoh

Only in Ilex forest? And only a 1% chance? Why? It was found in a lot more places in the original...

It's really unnecessary for it to be so rare... Disappointing, too.
It is found in other areas too, but I was just looking at that area of Johto since he said he was there. My numbers could be off, but it is the rarest of the tree Pokémon in Ilex Forest. I apologise for not realising it was on Route 33, as I didn't check the long grass data there.

Quote originally posted by Andydark:
Heracross is also found outside of the Union Cave, Azalea side. I found one in the grass and OHKO'd it by mistake.

Also sorry if my rapid bug posting is irritating. I'm just really excited about this hack. It was always a favorite.
I'd rather you did post the bugs, since it means we are aware of them and can fix them!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links