< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio FireRed Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Reply Post Reply

Old January 8th, 2012 (12:41 PM). Edited January 8th, 2012 by TheDude1994.
Eternal Dreamer

Is the site down? I can't seem to access any of the links...

Edit: Nevermind, 504 error was due to slow net connection. Hope that the wait was worth it!

Relevant Advertising!

Old January 8th, 2012 (12:55 PM).
I become a Pokemon Master!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
I've had no internet, so no chance to download any new releases. Sorry if any of these have already been reported.
Spoiler:

Looks more like an RSE overworld. Maybe lower the eyes a little?

The sprite. Dear god the sprite. Most of the revamps I've seen (other than the male Rocket Grunt, which is amazing) look really bad, some even lacking black outlining. Mind if I have a go at fixing them?

I said yes.

I never found anything in here after ten minutes of searching.

I don't have a Wailmer Pail.

The stairs look bad.

Welcome to gen 3.

That's a Spearow.

Looks more blue than "WHT".

GB tiles in a GBA hack = bad. I was sure this was supposed to be a remake, not a recolour. Also this would've been better as a double battle.

Tile error.

Okay this was just cruel. I'm playing a nuzlocke, so to battle one really hard trainer then this guy comes along? Let's just say I lost half my team. The game is far too difficult, honestly the current difficulty would be better as a hard mode.

I named him Silver.

Look at the guy at the bottom. This happens in every mart.

No. Just no, I mean it doesn't even look like a Butterfree.

Just like this doesn't look like Goldenrod. Imo Goldenroad was the best city in the games. You completely destroyed that, it is far too different now.

You changed TMs? Nice! Shame you never changed the learnable TMs for Pokémon, so now Noctowl can learn Ice Punch.

What is this a stretched tardis?

Don't make no sense.

Team Rocket theme music in here.

I don't hve a phone so I doubt that.

Nice costume, Persian.
Tile errors, tile errors everywhere.

*its.

*Yeah.

Can't plant berries on this side of the soil.

Forgot to screenshot but during the Team Saturn event Elm is a normal scientist overworld.

The cursor goes over the text.

This goes fr most of the backgrounds. It honestly looks like you tried to insert them, failed, and never bothered to fix them. They look seriously horrendous.

...Did you actually attempt to revamp this at all? (Also her ***** of a sister wiped my team so now I have to rebuild, meaning I haven't played any further than the next shot).

Self-explanatory.
If u dobnt like it go to play Soulsilver,because Link work so hard and u bother he because a mini sprite of a pokemon dont looks like that?,if u want graphics go to play other game because the games need gameplayno graphics
Old January 8th, 2012 (3:03 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochi187 View Post
What do I need to do to progress the Team Saturn storyline after catching the latias/latios on route 19 in the undersea cave? been stuck here for hours.
Question here. Still stuck here.
Old January 8th, 2012 (3:24 PM).

Is it possible to fight Trainer Red again?
Old January 8th, 2012 (3:39 PM).

The Live Beta version I downloaded at 5 in the morning GMT +1 is the latest one, right ?
Old January 8th, 2012 (3:40 PM).
what
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryploshion View Post
If u dobnt like it go to play Soulsilver,because Link work so hard and u bother he because a mini sprite of a pokemon dont looks like that?,if u want graphics go to play other game because the games need gameplayno graphics
This took me a while to understand. Anyway, I'm going to reply to you with this link here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critici...tive_criticism

Also, it's not a case of "mini sprite of a pokemon dont looks like that?," it is a case of common sense. Pidgeot is not a Butterfree. And no I don't want good graphics but I don't want bad graphics either, and bad graphics is infinitely worse than okay graphics.
Youtube
Old January 8th, 2012 (3:52 PM).

Can you please
(spoiler alert)
Spoiler:
remove that all trainers have any potion its so annoying and that made me ragequit the game, rather stronger pokemon...

dont delete this time mod
Old January 8th, 2012 (5:34 PM). Edited January 8th, 2012 by shinoholmes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasz_pro View Post
good question , i will wait for answer my self coz i wanna fight him again
in the original
if u beat the elite 4
he would reappear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypper View Post
Can you please
(spoiler alert)
Spoiler:
remove that all trainers have any potion its so annoying and that made me ragequit the game, rather stronger pokemon...

Dude stop complaining
trainers will get MUCH stronger later....
Bow Your Heads Now!

ALL HAIL SHINO!
Old January 8th, 2012 (6:43 PM).
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
the complaining wasn't ment for you,so please be quiet
Quote:
Can you please
(spoiler alert)
Spoiler:

The difficulty was upped using as many various methods as was possible, without directly changing the game's AI.

If you don't like it, don't play it. There are plenty of alternative GSC remakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
This took me a while to understand. Anyway, I'm going to reply to you with this link here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critici...tive_criticism

Also, it's not a case of "mini sprite of a pokemon dont looks like that?," it is a case of common sense. Pidgeot is not a Butterfree. And no I don't want good graphics but I don't want bad graphics either, and bad graphics is infinitely worse than okay graphics.
Some of those glitches have been fixed and the fixes are included in the latest Live Beta.

As to the OWs being iffy - they kinda annoy me too, but LaZ was doing his best with the OWs which were available to him at the time.

We only recently extended the OW table, and will be looking to add various new OWs, in particular for Farfetch'd and Butterfree.

IIRC, it was even worse in SG and GSC, as the Butterfree was represented by a Clefairy OW.
Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
Old January 8th, 2012 (6:46 PM).
Dark Robin

The exp gain is so cheap OMG I gain 16,000+ exp from killing lvl. 60 pokemon
Old January 8th, 2012 (8:00 PM).

why can't i get solar rock in cave of wisdom please fix this , because if you fight the statue , then dodrio appear if you beat it the music goes on but your character stop and can't move :/
Old January 8th, 2012 (8:38 PM).

Stuck battling sucine I get it down to 1HP (False Swipe) and hypnotize it, and still go though 45 Great Balls, 1 timer ball, 1 nest ball, and 5 ultra balls and it still wont be caught. And i have done this several times. Am i perhaps doing something wrong, also the balls seem to barly shake when i throw them.
Old January 8th, 2012 (9:05 PM).
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3D X View Post
The exp gain is so cheap OMG I gain 16,000+ exp from killing lvl. 60 pokemon
What with? Could you be more specific, as this may be a bug, or it may be intentional. I need as precise information as you can give me. What Pokémon were you battling? What level was it EXACTLY? What level were you EXACTLY? Was it a trainerbattle, or a wild battle? Anything you can tell me will help me to confirm it one way or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravski00 View Post
why can't i get solar rock in cave of wisdom please fix this , because if you fight the statue , then dodrio appear if you beat it the music goes on but your character stop and can't move :/
You weren't meant to reach this event, but LaZ forgot to put something in the way to stop you. It's an unfinished event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuy7337 View Post
Stuck battling sucine I get it down to 1HP (False Swipe) and hypnotize it, and still go though 45 Great Balls, 1 timer ball, 1 nest ball, and 5 ultra balls and it still wont be caught. And i have done this several times. Am i perhaps doing something wrong, also the balls seem to barly shake when i throw them.
Wow. You are one unlucky guy. A small tip though - paralyzing is infinitely better than putting to sleep for attempting to catch a Pokémon.
Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
Old January 8th, 2012 (10:37 PM).

i am experiencing the elite 4 bug (where you get stuck in the wall), however i am pretty sure i have the most up to date live beta. I am on vba 1.7.2 for mac, that might have something to do with it. I am pretty sure i am updating the live beta properly (patching the latest live beta ips, to a new fire red rom). Do i need to start a new game or something? because i was under the impression i could update the ips and continue with my current game. But when i load up my game and go to fight the elite for i still get stuck, Any suggestions anybody?
Old January 8th, 2012 (10:57 PM). Edited January 9th, 2012 by lolcats439.

Some minor bugs I found:

Spoiler:
1. The Fire Stone dealer northeast of Violet City is bugged, when you press A on him, it acts like you pressed A twice and goes straight into the menu showing the Fire Stone item.

2. This headbutt tree on the island south of Cherrygrove is not solid:
http: //i.imgur.com/mI8hs.png

3. This flower tile (to the left of the player) is solid.
http: //i.imgur.com/DWEpJ.png

4. I have not beaten the Pokemon League yet, so the Hall of Fame option shouldn't be there yet:
http: //i.imgur.com/s4YNl.png

5. Monica of Monday keeps walking while you talk to her:
http: //i.imgur.com/vV7Ct.png

6. When giving Jasmine the Secretpotion, the healing sound doesn't interrupt the area's music.

7. The Red Gyarados has a bad palette:
http: //i.imgur.com/dMixl.png

8. Pressing A here does nothing, no dialog:
http: //i.imgur.com/8r8DH.png

9. The Rocket Executive in the Mahogany rocket hideout has a Koffing that knows Quick Attack, which it can't learn.
Old January 9th, 2012 (5:08 AM).

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by shomoher View Post
How do you catch the Legendary Birds...? (Actually I've figured it out now...)
But a bug: I only had the Blue Flute with me while I discovered the place, so I went back to get the Red Flute in my PC, but when I returned to the island... the pedestals were gone

and I don't seem to have the Yellow Flute. Anyone know where it is?

I can't find the Sapphire either... and how do you catch Kyogre and Rayquaza?

...and am I the only one that can't find the Undersea Express? I got the Sea Pass and everything, and I went to Route 27... but can't find it anywhere!! (I've searched the thread, and apparently you don't need Dive... so I searched through the surface with no luck..)

Oh, and a bug report. In the Goldenrod Game Corner, when I chose to obtain TM38, it gave me TM39...
Spent a LOT of money for a Swift TM... xD
Umm... could anyone answer my question?

Ice Pokemon are the Best~

TaeYeon. Jessica. Sunny. Tiffany. HyoYeon. YuRi. SooYoung. YoonA. SeoHyun
DJ I Love You
Old January 9th, 2012 (11:34 AM).

Finally got sucine after many tries. pokeballs don seem to like to work all the time. So i somehow seemed to have skipped whirlpool HM along the way, anyone know where to find it.

Also i found a fug bugs/glitches. once i get the images off the phone i will post them, but they are black blocks i have found, one such place is in the eighth gym, where Claire is, is actually a black block.
Old January 9th, 2012 (11:40 AM).
<Insert awsome line here>

Nature: Naughty
One ridiculous thing which is TOTAL stupidity on my part is:

It took me a good half an hour to an hour to figure out where to go to get to Valencia Island. Just thought I'd make a few people laugh XDDD

I'm so dim sometimes.
Click me!

Click me for sex!

Eli, AJ, Thunder, T.O.P, Teddy, Dujoon, Minho, Park Bom <3 <3 <3 <3
Old January 9th, 2012 (1:01 PM).
Dark Robin

Okay I have a level 38 breloom and I took out a level 42 noctowlowl and got 12,600 exp!!!!!! The exp system has been messed up since the new live beta
Old January 9th, 2012 (1:42 PM).

When you reach the pokemon league and get in through the entrance you get stuck on the door and you can get in to beat the elite four :/
Old January 9th, 2012 (1:46 PM).
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Okay I have a level 38 breloom and I took out a level 42 noctowlowl and got 12,600 exp!!!!!! The exp system has been messed up since the new live beta
How recent is this live beta? I tested on the latest ROM and in a similar battle, I got a little over 1000 exp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadneon View Post
When you reach the elite four and when you go to challenge them you get stuck on the elite four entrance .
Fixed - Download the latest live beta IPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaps View Post
One ridiculous thing which is TOTAL stupidity on my part is:

(Image removed for brevity)

It took me a good half an hour to an hour to figure out where to go to get to Valencia Island. Just thought I'd make a few people laugh XDDD

I'm so dim sometimes.
We've all done it sometimes... Hehe.
Old January 9th, 2012 (2:55 PM).
Dark Robin

BUGGGGGG!!!!!!!
Hey man This is so annoying. WTF is up with the respawning cut trees. I can't bring Ratattata with me all the time

and exp issue is still there, I have no prbs levelling up 5 times each fight
Old January 9th, 2012 (3:54 PM).

Sorry to bother again, but i might have ran into another bug, as apparently lance is supposed to give you Whirlpool after you beat team rocket, i have beaten team rocket and am now at the final gym and can't find the HM for whirlpool
Old January 9th, 2012 (3:58 PM).
Grass Master

Nature: Hardy
so can we use savestates now or wat?
Old January 9th, 2012 (5:42 PM).
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
BUGGGGGG!!!!!!!
Hey man This is so annoying. WTF is up with the respawning cut trees. I can't bring Ratattata with me all the time

and exp issue is still there, I have no prbs levelling up 5 times each fight
I really can't get it to happen. Whenever I gain experience, it's exactly (give or take a few experience for a little bit of rounding) what the BW Exp System should produce.

As to the respawning cut trees - it's because there are only a handful of flags which can be assigned to cut trees, so GF made those flags reset on changing map.

What emulator are you using? How long ago did you update the live beta, etc etc?
I promise you, I'll look into this bug, but right now, I can't find the cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilso View Post
so can we use savestates now or wat?
No. Savestates = Very bad for the new memory system in the game.
It can work with no problems, but equally it can also cause massive glitches and bugs.
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links