Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 28th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Vittorini
Expert Trainer

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
I got my Onix so that issue is resolved

I'm really enjoying this hack thus far and I only just arrived in Goldenrod City. My only complaint is that it is constantly raining. Seriously, every freaking route is raining and it does get rather annoying when you're using a fire type.
Old January 28th, 2012, 01:45 PM
wildman22041
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Bold
Guys I need help I am facing the elite 4 for the second time and when I enter the first room i am stuck in place and cant walkk HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never mind I patched to live beta and problem is fixed

POKEMON LIQUID CRYSTAL TEAM
TYPHLOSION
TYRANITAR
POLITOED
SALAMENCE
GARDEVOIR
DRAGONITE

Last edited by wildman22041; January 28th, 2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 29th, 2012, 12:50 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobimaster2222 View Post
Thank you LinkAndZelda and Zeikku for making this game. I really love it. I have been playing for days now and I just can't stop (also thanks sayan for helping me to get it to work on my smartphone). But please fix the freeze at Nugget bridge (the game freezes when you try to battle the 2nd trainer). I can't progress my game.

Again thanks. And also, if possible, can you fix the grammar errors? They are really ruining the magic for me. Like another user said, I'll also be happy to proofread the game script.
Same problem with me bro . I posted the problem and the result was it's not fixed yet. so We should play it on Pc via vba
Old January 29th, 2012, 12:51 PM
wildman22041
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Bold
Yet again this problem has come back!!! I walk into the first room in the elite four facing them for the second time and I cant MOVE HELP!

POKEMON LIQUID CRYSTAL TEAM
TYPHLOSION
TYRANITAR
POLITOED
SALAMENCE
GARDEVOIR
DRAGONITE
Old January 29th, 2012, 03:11 PM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
does anyone know if Articuno is in Ice Path or Seafoam Island? I found a cave to Ice Path, and within it, there are these markings similar to ones I found in Mt. Mortar
Old January 29th, 2012, 04:13 PM
verhoef3
Beginning Trainer

Does anyone know where all the move tutors are and what move they teach? Only one I can find is in Goldenrod for Dragon Claw
Old January 29th, 2012, 05:14 PM
pikachoo pikaswallow

Hi, all. New to the board.

I've got a major bug report. I'm playing this on my phone (I patched the IPS file to a GBA and am using Gameboid). I'm on the Azalea gym. When the leader sends out his Podcoon, the game totally freezes. Unusable.

Because it's the leader's Pokemon, there's no way I can progress.

Can someone help me?!

Like ASAP!!?!

Fantastic game otherwise.
Old January 29th, 2012, 07:07 PM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by verhoef3 View Post
Does anyone know where all the move tutors are and what move they teach? Only one I can find is in Goldenrod for Dragon Claw
they're hidden all around, I remember one near Mahogany, in the security gate, the moving NPC teaches Ariel Ace. There's one in Azalea Mart, but I forgot what it was. That's all I know for now
Old January 29th, 2012, 07:13 PM
pikachoo pikaswallow

Another thing I noticed is a problem with Caterpie's sprite.

i826[dot]photobucket[dot]com/albums/zz188/Mntwinsfan14/APokemon-LiquidCrystal.png

Replace [dot] with a period
Old January 29th, 2012, 07:30 PM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

I think the bugs should go to the bug report posted on the very first post by LaZ. There may be some help over there if have anymore problems
Old January 29th, 2012, 08:06 PM
pikachoo pikaswallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeReject View Post
I think the bugs should go to the bug report posted on the very first post by LaZ. There may be some help over there if have anymore problems
Thanks, PokeReject. I will do that.
Old January 30th, 2012, 02:28 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Nature: Gentle
I don't know why but when i'm playing the latest beta 3.1 my game crashes too many times,especially in goldenrod city....
Old January 30th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Bяєndαn
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Hasty
To LaZ:

Again the same problem...

I'd like to know if it's a bug the pokemon not obeying anymore. My starter pokemon stop to obey at Lv15, and a shiny Pidgey which I captured, also stopped to obey at lv11.

I had to download the live beta 5 times until the pokemon obey again
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Andydark

Send a message via AIM to Andydark Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Andydark Send a message via Yahoo to Andydark
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachoo pikaswallow View Post
Hi, all. New to the board.

I've got a major bug report. I'm playing this on my phone (I patched the IPS file to a GBA and am using Gameboid). I'm on the Azalea gym. When the leader sends out his Podcoon, the game totally freezes. Unusable.

Because it's the leader's Pokemon, there's no way I can progress.

Can someone help me?!

Like ASAP!!?!

Fantastic game otherwise.
Pretty sure your problem is in the Pokemon Bugsy is trying to send out. There's no such Pokemon as Podcoon. Sounds like you patched a pre-patched ROM.

O fragments of light, strike down mine enemy! PRISM BALLET! This ends now!
Old January 30th, 2012, 09:20 AM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

do the creators respond to bugs here? or the pkmnworld better?
Old January 30th, 2012, 02:59 PM
pikachoo pikaswallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andydark View Post
Pretty sure your problem is in the Pokemon Bugsy is trying to send out. There's no such Pokemon as Podcoon. Sounds like you patched a pre-patched ROM.
I did patch it to Chaos Black version. Might that be the problem?
Old January 30th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Gamerboy7991
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachoo pikaswallow View Post
I did patch it to Chaos Black version. Might that be the problem?
You're suppose to patch Pokemon Liquid Crystal to Pokemon Fire Red.
Old January 30th, 2012, 03:36 PM
pikachoo pikaswallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerboy7991 View Post
You're suppose to patch the Pokemon Liquid Crystal .ips file to Pokemon Fire Red.
I tried, and it doesn't work. Can someone explain how to successfully download an IPS rom, or direct me to a link on how to do it? I'm new to the whole emulation game.

I've downloaded the IPS file, and I already have LIPS.
Old January 30th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Gamerboy7991
Beginning Trainer

Can someone tell me what to do for each step of the missions that Axel requested me to do?

Last edited by giradialkia; January 31st, 2012 at 08:02 AM. Reason: You're essentially ROM Linking, and that's not allowed.
Old January 30th, 2012, 03:58 PM
SpeedyGeek
Meh

Nature: Relaxed
So... Gengar can't learn sludgebomb?

I know that in Gen II Gengar couldn't learn it via TM, but in Gen III and beyond Gengar could. I don't know if this was done on purpose, but doesn't it make more sense for it to follow Gen III rather than Gen II since this remake takes place in Gen III?
Old January 30th, 2012, 09:25 PM
CrimsonK
That one guy.

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
The split is still in, and to the best of our knowledge is working as intended.
So... Hyper Beam was essentially taken away from every single hard-hitting physical pokemon in the game including (but not limited to) Snorlax, Steelix, Slaking, Machamp, Rhydon, Scizor, Ursaring, Aerodactyl, Entei, Golem, Tauros, and GYARADOS.

Fantastic.

Old January 30th, 2012, 10:39 PM
popeSoC

Hey guys, I just wanted to post to say how happy I was to find this patch (And to see how far it is into the game! 99%? Great job!). I was looking for a way to play some updated Crystal Action on my PSP (I know you guys say it's only for VBA, but it at least starts on my PSP, so I'm not here for any tech support).

Also, I give my thanks for you and your Co-Owner being willing to 100% this thing; As someone who used to dabble in game hacking (Though, unfortunately never participating directly in any project; Giving some advice here and there), I can understand how someone would be willing to just pass the buck or something similar with how far you guys are. I'm truely impressed you haven't.

(As a side note, I TRUELY did not expect the thing to figure out the time for me; Let alone for that sort of thing to actually work on the PSP! Kudos.)

EDIT: Oh, there was an ACTUAL Question I had: When you say "all" pokemon, did you mean ALL, or just the ones in crystal and the Third Generation?

Also, you guys upped the difficulty. Me likie.

Last edited by popeSoC; January 30th, 2012 at 11:29 PM. Reason: QUESTIONS; Also removing difficulty question.
Old January 31st, 2012, 04:21 AM
mobimaster2222
Beginning Trainer

Where's the Blue Flute? Someone please tell me.

Also, how come 99% of the posts here don't get any feedback from LaZ/Zeikku? It's always the other users that are helping each other. LaZ, did you stop visiting this thread altogether?

Even in Pkmnworld, the bug reports I posted weeks ago are still left without a single reply. And I've also seen other, much older bug reports which I have also experienced are still kept in the status "unconfirmed", most of them without any feedback.
Old January 31st, 2012, 04:31 AM
Sayan
is tightening its focus

Nature: Calm
^ Take it easy man, no reason to overreact .

Although what you say is somewhat true. I had also posted 15-16 bugs in Pkmnworld (I think 17-18 days ago) that are still "unconfirmed" and don't have replies. But LaZ did say "thanks for these" and he also replied on another of my posts regarding TM compatibility. Jambo51 is also part of their hacking team I think. So don't get hyper.
This signature has been disabled.
Too wide!
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 31st, 2012, 06:12 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyGeek View Post
So... Gengar can't learn sludgebomb?

I know that in Gen II Gengar couldn't learn it via TM, but in Gen III and beyond Gengar could. I don't know if this was done on purpose, but doesn't it make more sense for it to follow Gen III rather than Gen II since this remake takes place in Gen III?
Yeah, that seems a bit odd, especially given that Gengar is part poison type. LaZ probably just overlooked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonK View Post
So... Hyper Beam was essentially taken away from every single hard-hitting physical pokemon in the game including (but not limited to) Snorlax, Steelix, Slaking, Machamp, Rhydon, Scizor, Ursaring, Aerodactyl, Entei, Golem, Tauros, and GYARADOS.

Fantastic.
Indeed. It can be aggrivating, and we are considering removing it. Depends whether the improved mechanics are worth the unbalanced attacks list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayan View Post
^ Take it easy man, no reason to overreact .

Although what you say is somewhat true. I had also posted 15-16 bugs in Pkmnworld (I think 17-18 days ago) that are still "unconfirmed" and don't have replies. But LaZ did say "thanks for these" and he also replied on another of my posts regarding TM compatibility. Jambo51 is also part of their hacking team I think. So don't get hyper.
You are correct, sir. I am an unnamed member of the hacking team, and I try to answer any questions I may be able to help with on this thread.

What I mean by this is stuff to do with the mechanics of the game, eg, the split or the exp system and so forth. I can't answer scripting/storyline/item questions because I don't know where they are any better than you do.
Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here