Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old January 31st, 2012 (07:06 AM).
is tightening its focus

Nature: Calm
The strategy part of the Pokemon games is like a completely separate aspect of them. While LC (and a lot of other hacks) puts emphasis on the RPG part (sprites, maps, events) the strategy part is sometimes suffers some degree of compromise (albeit completely unintentional).

The phys/spec split, however, puts a different twist into the game, not necessarily harming it. Some pokemon benefit from it, while others are hindered. Typhlosion, for instance, is quite bad now, as it can no longer utilize a special Thunderpunch for coverage. On the other hand, Feraligatr (which is my starter in LC) is vastly improved, now possessing a STAB physical Waterfall and getting very good coverage with only two physical moves (Waterfall and Return/Double Edge). Plus it gets physical Ice Punch, Bite, Crunch, etc for more super effective coverage.

Another example would be Dragon Claw. As it's now physical, Dragonite and Salamence can be much more threatening, not having to rely on HP Flying. Latios, on the other hand, is crippled and has to rely on either HP Dragon or Dragonbreathe.

As for Hyper Beam, that is pretty much an overrated move, considering Return hits hard enough, has just as good distribution, doesn't require recharge and it is still physical.

So, IMO the split should stay as it doesn't necessarily unbalance the game too much. Plus its implementation is now near perfect and it makes the gameplay more complex.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 31st, 2012 (09:25 AM).

does anyone know the point of the colored flutes? and if they are to get past the walls that have markings to get to the legendary birds or something like in rock tunnel - how do you use them because it says place the instrument back into its original place and i cant simply do that

edit:
Also, has anyone gotten past the endless staircase in dragons den from the undersea cavern? I have both Kyogre and Groundon and dont know what to do
Old January 31st, 2012 (02:47 PM).
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Hey guys. Sorry for not much activity in the thread recently. Just to say I am alive and haven't forgotten about LC. As if I could.. xD. Been working on other things and Uni work every since i went back on the 9th. The say the least I still am. In a few weeks time I will do a major overhaul on the reported bugs fixing as many as I can.

I can't stress enough how great it is to see people using the Live Systems and the Hack Bug Report Database. I get reports via email whenever someone submits a bug and there's a great deal on there I can fix now thanks to you.

When the time is right I'll take a look over this thread and reply to the important posts since last time. Thanks Jambo51 for keeping the thread under control, and thanks to everyone else for helping each other out.

~LaZ
Old January 31st, 2012 (08:55 PM).
Long-Time Lurker

Nature: Adamant
Hi, I've searched the thread and can't find anything about this...

In Route 32, there are supposed to be Numel, right? Only, I've spent about three hours wandering around looking for one (dusk, night, morning, if that helps), but no dice. I've found every OTHER Pokemon that appears there, just not Numel. Is it just ridiculously rare or something?
Old February 1st, 2012 (07:07 AM).

where is master of dragon's den ?
Old February 1st, 2012 (07:13 AM).

Quote originally posted by dbcification:
In Route 32, there are supposed to be Numel, right? Only, I've spent about three hours wandering around looking for one (dusk, night, morning, if that helps), but no dice. I've found every OTHER Pokemon that appears there, just not Numel. Is it just ridiculously rare or something?
I don't know if it is in route 32 but i caught a Numel in Union cave, which is just below route 32.
Old February 1st, 2012 (08:59 AM).
Long-Time Lurker

Quote originally posted by Eikkatin:
I don't know if it is in route 32 but i caught a Numel in Union cave, which is just below route 32.
I finally did find one, but it took another hour. :/ Even so, it absolutely tanked Bugsy four levels under Scyther.

I can't find any Pokemon at all on the first floor of Union Cave. Maybe it's just me, but I dunno. :/
Old February 1st, 2012 (10:57 AM).
is tightening its focus

^Their aren't any Pokemon on the 1st floor as of now. To catch some you must head to b1f.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 1st, 2012 (11:16 AM).

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by dbcification:
I finally did find one, but it took another hour. :/ Even so, it absolutely tanked Bugsy four levels under Scyther.

I can't find any Pokemon at all on the first floor of Union Cave. Maybe it's just me, but I dunno. :/
To tell you the truth bro The locations of many pokemons are changed to that of the previous version
Old February 1st, 2012 (12:06 PM).
Ultimate Trainer Red

Quote originally posted by Jambo51:
2 and a half regions isn't enough for you?
To answer the question directly, no. There isn't space in the ROM. It's already stretched as it is.
Heeey...I was just making a queston, OK?! Oh,great,I can't know?!

Im cool and cute,and I can transform into any Pokemon!
Old February 1st, 2012 (03:27 PM).

Hey can somone help me out ive been looking for a heracross and a scyther and I can't fine them
Old February 1st, 2012 (03:31 PM).

Nature: Bashful
Quote originally posted by chivadeg:
Hey can somone help me out ive been looking for a heracross and a scyther and I can't fine them
You can find Scythers in the National Park (I think that's the name) north of Goldenrod.
As for Heracross I'm not sure but I'd say National Park as well, or maybe Ilex Forest.
Old February 1st, 2012 (03:51 PM).
Long-Time Lurker

Quote originally posted by chivadeg:
Heracross can be found somewhat commonly in Headbutting trees around Azalea, and I think in Route 35.
Old February 1st, 2012 (04:20 PM).

Thanks and does heracross only appear during the day?
Old February 1st, 2012 (04:21 PM).

Okay I have defeated the first gym on orange Islands and went to the manor. I am wondering what to do now, since they have not opened the surf route yet. However i ran into a huge bug, i can actually go into the black part of the building and then walk around and come out either above with the other 2 NPCs or on the other side and then exit, if i exit, the game freaks out, and i can walk on water. you can enter the black by going to the space right above the door and just walking into the black. How am i supposed to open the surf route

That said, I have caught Kyogre, Lugia, Latios, Laitas, Suicune. I haven't able to find the rest of them and i have the
White Flute, Yellow Flute, Red Flute, Blue Flute, DNA Sample, Meteorite, Sapphire, and Silver Wing.
What are the purposes of these, i understand that Silver Wing was for Lugia.
What are the rest of the items for, and how do i use them. Can you catch Mew and Celebi in this game?
Old February 1st, 2012 (04:50 PM).

Nature: Bold
Guys i still need help I enter the elite four I get stuck as soon as I enter HELP!

POKEMON LIQUID CRYSTAL TEAM
TYPHLOSION
TYRANITAR
POLITOED
SALAMENCE
GARDEVOIR
DRAGONITE
Old February 1st, 2012 (05:03 PM). Edited February 1st, 2012 by Mono41.

So I've been meaning to post in this thread for a while, because this game is amazing! I've just been too busy to do it. So anyway I've got some questions, and comments: First, will the magnet train have a "traveling" animation? Second, can i battle Brendan again?

Now for my comments: First, i believe there are some grammatical errors, with people saying things like "I would never of..." when i believe that the correct way would be "I would never have..." Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, is that the Wind Waker overworld theme I hear when surfing? And there's more Zelda music on Route 100, isn't there? Plus the main theme during the credits? It's pretty cool hearing Zelda music in there.

Edit: Aaaaaaaahhhhh crap on a spatula! I've been playing this game on the Gameboid Android emulator, with NO problems what so ever...until the Cave of Wisdom...on the first level, when I "talk" to the first statue, it tells me a random Pokemon, and level, but then I face a Dodrio. After it faints, everything seems to continue normally, until I try to walk away from the statue...I can't move. The music is playing normally in the background, but the whole game is frozen...what now? Any suggestions?
Old February 1st, 2012 (06:59 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Mono41:
Edit: Aaaaaaaahhhhh crap on a spatula! I've been playing this game on the Gameboid Android emulator, with NO problems what so ever...until the Cave of Wisdom...on the first level, when I "talk" to the first statue, it tells me a random Pokemon, and level, but then I face a Dodrio. After it faints, everything seems to continue normally, until I try to walk away from the statue...I can't move. The music is playing normally in the background, but the whole game is frozen...what now? Any suggestions?
do you have the latest live beta? Since Laz did something to make the cave of wisdom unaccessible.

Old February 1st, 2012 (11:31 PM).
is tightening its focus

Quote originally posted by Mono41:
Now for my comments: First, i believe there are some grammatical errors, with people saying things like "I would never of..." when i believe that the correct way would be "I would never have..." Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, is that the Wind Waker overworld theme I hear when surfing? And there's more Zelda music on Route 100, isn't there? Plus the main theme during the credits? It's pretty cool hearing Zelda music in there.

That's where the current beta ends. You should download the latest live beta, the cave is inaccessible in that version so that glitch can't be triggered.

As for grammatical errors, there are a lot of them. But "should of" might have been intentional as I've seen few (very few) people talk like that online.

@LaZ- Speaking of grammar, could you please omit the extra spaces frequent in the text you added? Regi steel should be Registeel, MC Donald should be McDonald and so on. Most other grammatical errors and typos have been mentioned before, please fix those too.

Old February 1st, 2012 (11:47 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Starforce23:
Heeey...I was just making a queston, OK?! Oh,great,I can't know?!
This question has been answered too many times here and in other threads as well (!!!) so I don't blame Jambo for answering the way he did

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old February 2nd, 2012 (04:32 AM).
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
The misspellings with could/would/should of come from the fact that could/would/should've sounds like the former. They bug me as well, but they should be relatively easy to fix.
Old February 2nd, 2012 (07:54 AM).
Chris

Hey fellas, I would like to know how far LC beta 3.1 goes? Does it end at the first gym of the orange islands?
Also, where is rayquaza?
Thanks
Old February 2nd, 2012 (07:05 PM).

So... where exactly can I find a Marrill
Old February 2nd, 2012 (11:28 PM).

Quote originally posted by Jambo51:
The misspellings with could/would/should of come from the fact that could/would/should've sounds like the former. They bug me as well, but they should be relatively easy to fix.
And I am amazed people really want to complain about such minor things....
Old February 3rd, 2012 (08:53 AM). Edited February 3rd, 2012 by knightangelx.

hey guys,i have read i few pages pages worth of comments but couldnt find an answer. im playing the 3.1 version and am facing a problem.i heard that this game had a physical/special thing going but it doesnt seem to be that way.for exampl.my typhlosion used overheat and it lowered the power of flame wheel as well as quick attack..pls do help with this...i really want to fix this problem.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)