The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 3rd, 2012, 12:23 PM
Stefke
Togepi

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightangelx View Post
hey guys,i have read i few pages pages worth of comments but couldnt find an answer. im playing the 3.1 version and am facing a problem.i heard that this game had a physical/special thing going but it doesnt seem to be that way.for exampl.my typhlosion used overheat and it lowered the power of flame wheel as well as quick attack..pls do help with this...i really want to fix this problem.
Are you playing the latest beta ?

Also, I'm not an expert in physical/special stuff, but I think quick attack and flame wheel are both physical moves, and (if i'm not mistaken) overheat is supposed to lower attack, so I'm guessing the situation you're describing is normal. But then I may be totally wrong...

Edit : After checking on Bulbapedia, it turns out I AM wrong, overheat lowers sp attack. Well, try and download the latest beta and if it doesn't work, you'll just have to report the bug and wait for LaZ, Zeikku, Jambo or somebody else to fix it
Old February 3rd, 2012, 12:37 PM
zorenstein
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
so i was exploring the undersea cavern and i popped up in the dragons den. while in the dragons den i found the sapphire...what do i use it for? kyogre?
Old February 3rd, 2012, 02:40 PM
Vittorini
Expert Trainer

Nature: Quiet
At the Goldenrod game corner when you try to get TM 38 Fire Blast, she gives you TM 39 swift instead. Just a small bug. Also, Rapidash cannot learn TM Solarbeam although it is able to in a regular Fire Red game.

And I have a request. Can you tune down the rain on the routes throughout Johto? It's kinda ridiculous how every route is raining and it makes it a pain to train Fire types.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 04:39 PM
pikachoo pikaswallow

I've beat 7 of the Kanto gyms, except for Misty. I want to face her, but she isn't at her gym? Does anybody know why this is? Did I do the gyms in an incorrect order?

I agree with the statement above....... It rains A LOT in this game, and it snows a lot, too.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 09:34 PM
chivadeg
Unhatched Egg

Where can i can I find the hm fly ?
Old February 4th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vittorini View Post
And I have a request. Can you tune down the rain on the routes throughout Johto? It's kinda ridiculous how every route is raining and it makes it a pain to train Fire types.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachoo pikaswallow View Post
I agree with the statement above....... It rains A LOT in this game, and it snows a lot, too.
Had either of you considered what time of year it is, and that it might have an effect on the weather...?

Also, remember (if you do take that into account) that LaZ is from England, where it rains pretty much constantly from October through to March. XD
Old February 4th, 2012, 06:27 AM
knightangelx
Unhatched Egg

pls someone answer my question!!!
Old February 4th, 2012, 07:59 AM
pikachoo pikaswallow

Quote:
I've beat 7 of the Kanto gyms, except for Misty. I want to face her, but she isn't at her gym? Does anybody know why this is? Did I do the gyms in an incorrect order?
Can someone answer this, please? At this point, there's not much else I can do in the game...
Old February 4th, 2012, 09:42 AM
TombolaMan
Beginning Trainer

Can someone answer this, please? At this point, there's not much else I can do in the game...
Have you finished the power plant storyline yet?
Old February 4th, 2012, 11:08 AM
pikachoo pikaswallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombolaMan View Post
Have you finished the power plant storyline yet?
I'm fairly sure I got it all accomplished.
Old February 4th, 2012, 02:14 PM
binjamin007
Beginning Trainer

Hey guys I downloaded the pokemon fire and I patched it with the liquid crystal patch. I am able to play it on my computer. I have an gba emulator on my Ipod but how can I play pokemon liquid crystal on my Ipod. How can I put my pokemon liquid crystal file on my Ipod?

Thanks in advance.
Old February 4th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Stefke
Togepi

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
I'm fairly sure I got it all accomplished.
I think she's north of Cerulean City, in front of Bill's house, making out with some guy. When you walk up to them, she's angry and she says she's going back to her gym.
Old February 4th, 2012, 02:46 PM
pikachoo pikaswallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefke View Post
I think she's north of Cerulean City, in front of Bill's house, making out with some guy. When you walk up to them, she's angry and she says she's going back to her gym.
Thanks, that's where she was!
Old February 4th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Co500
Looking to start a new hack
Community Supporter Tier 1

I've only just got round to playing this and boy does it bring back memories! I love it! The natural tiles and the new ones fit in so well, just the nostalgia of it has me remembering the good old GBC days

I hope you’ll remember, there is something good in goodbye.

Old February 4th, 2012, 10:39 PM
wiifan123
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co500 View Post
I've only just got round to playing this and boy does it bring back memories! I love it! The natural tiles and the new ones fit in so well, just the nostalgia of it has me remembering the good old GBC days
I feel the same way dude. The Gen 2 games, I think are my favorite out of all of them and they even went and put in the original region, Kanto and all the original gyms, cities plus more. So back then when I first discovered Kanto was in Gold I was like "That is SO SICK!! :D"

I just started playing this around the middle of January while the "extreme exp." glitch was still in it and I think that would've sort of ruined the nostalgia and fun factor but thanks to the live beta (which is an AWESOME way to go about updating the game btw) the experience glitch is fixed, so I restarted my game and I am LOVING IT!!! (Playing on my Kindle Fire)

Seriously brings back memories of my GBC days and the game feels so...natural, like its an actually official game. Combine all that with the constant glitch patching system of live beta and you've got the PERFECT hack remake of Crystal.

Also, I had a sneaking suspicion who that guy with the spiky red hair was and I lol'd when I was correct, that he's Axel from the KH series, awesome parody. I also like that his pokebattle theme is his ACTUAL theme in the KH games.
Old February 5th, 2012, 09:10 AM
pikachoo pikaswallow

I went to Mt. Silver, and the men told me to go beat the Elite Four again. I got to the fourth person, and I'm trapped outside the room! What's up with that?
Old February 5th, 2012, 10:07 AM
wiifan123
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
I went to Mt. Silver, and the men told me to go beat the Elite Four again. I got to the fourth person, and I'm trapped outside the room! What's up with that?
I've heard about this happening from different forums. Are you using the live beta of LC? If you are, go to the live beta forum (link is in the OP) and see if it hasn't been reported yet and hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Another thing you could do is use the walk through walls cheat code which you can find through a google search, just make sure its the most up-to-date version of the code.

Hope that helps
Old February 5th, 2012, 02:50 PM
fanp
Pokemon Legacy Creator

Nature: Adamant
I just ended now the 3.1 beta and what was done until now is amazing .Keep the good work Laz.
Old February 6th, 2012, 09:02 AM
knightangelx
Unhatched Egg

can i get a leaf stone before curelean city???
Old February 6th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Sayan
is tightening its focus

Nature: Calm
There's a Leaf Stone in Union Cave IIRC.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 6th, 2012, 10:45 AM
robottelephone
Beginning Trainer

Where can I get a scyther?
Old February 6th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Sayan
is tightening its focus

Nature: Calm
^I think you can catch Scyther in the grass in National Park.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 6th, 2012, 11:23 AM
robottelephone
Beginning Trainer

thanks, i'll have a look. Loving this game btw
Old February 6th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Gren Draco
Beginning Trainer

I don't understand what I'm meant to do at Cinnabar? I talked to Axel, and presume he's talking about the three legendary birds- so I went to where they're hiding (except for Moltres, i have no idea where he is) and I can't get any of them to react to the flutes I have? (I presume that's what they're for... considering the colours correspond). Basically- how the hell do i activate that event?
Old February 6th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Nature: Adamant
So the beta is finally out. I can honestly say I am impressed from what I see so far. So much in fact I'll be doing a let's play of Liquid Crystal.

I'll let you know when Episode 1 is uploaded.
Keep up the great work!

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links