Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old February 19th, 2012 (07:47 AM).

[QUOTE=wiifan123;7051461]S/G/C is my favorite generation because Johto had ALOT of rewarding hidden places and items you could find by exploring. It also had an excellent main game and then a well developed and nostalgic post-game in Kanto.

Whilst i don't want to start a big, long debate, Kanto was in no way well developed in the original S/G/C. It was cut down to the bare minimum, reportedly because of cart size limits. LZ did do a good job of expanding it though like you said.
Old February 19th, 2012 (08:22 AM).

Quote originally posted by Jambo51:
Showing us that image isn't proof in and of itself. However, that said, I coulda sworn that this had been fixed. This is getting ridiculous lol.
than how I can finish this great game ?
Old February 19th, 2012 (10:18 AM).

Quote originally posted by godlesplay:
than how I can finish this great game ?
Are you ABSOLUTELY positive that you are using the LIVE BETA? Because I had the same problem you do but when I switched to the Live Beta, it was fixed.

Your other option is to use this cheat to walk through the wall. This will at least allow you to complete the game:

M) Must Be On
72BC6DFB E9CA5465
A47FB2DC 1AF3CA86

Ghost (Walk Through Walls)
509197D3 542975F4
78DA95DF 44018CB4

My Youtube Battles
Old February 19th, 2012 (12:26 PM).

You're the actual Nacho and not a pretender? Nice.

and I'm guessing this hack doesn't work on PSP emulators huh? v_V
Old February 20th, 2012 (05:58 PM).

Sorry if this has already been answered but I don't really want to go through the 80 pages of posts to verify... Can anyone tell me where to find a moon stone in the 3.1 beta?
Old February 20th, 2012 (08:52 PM).

i have found moltress and articuno, where is zapdos ?
Old February 20th, 2012 (09:26 PM). Edited February 21st, 2012 by Moonstruck Muse.

Thank you so much for this! Gen 2 was always my favorite gen, and when the DS games introduced Lyra I just found myself missing Kris a lot. This brings back Kris as well as a nice, refreshing take on the series. :D Silver and Elm really crack me up in this version.

I hate to be a bother, but I do have a question. It's a bit odd, but is there a way to get this without the new custom sprites? They are lovely but... Sometimes on VBA for mac they seem to glitch a bit into Missingnos. (I did use a clean Rom so not entirely sure why...)

Sorry to be a pest and thank you so much!
Old February 21st, 2012 (03:38 AM).

Quote originally posted by Killer_Nacho:
Your other option is to use this cheat to walk through the wall. This will at least allow you to complete the game:

M) Must Be On
72BC6DFB E9CA5465
A47FB2DC 1AF3CA86

Ghost (Walk Through Walls)
509197D3 542975F4
78DA95DF 44018CB4
thanks it helped me, now I can play next this game
Old February 21st, 2012 (05:41 AM).

Hey... just wanted to bring this to the attention of a Liquid Crystal coder... I reported awhile back that I think Sunny Day & Rain Dance aren't boosting / reducing Fire & Water moves as they should be. I *think* the Elemental equip items (Charcoal, Mystic Water, etc.) are also broken. I have a theory that when one bypasses the part of the code that determines Special/Physical based on type, one may also be bypassing certain elemental boost effects. Its something that a coder may want to look into via a debugger.

I'm playing on the GameBoid if that helps.

My Youtube Battles
Old February 21st, 2012 (05:59 AM).

Quote originally posted by krit79:
i have found moltress and articuno, where is zapdos ?
How do you activated the pedestals??
Old February 21st, 2012 (07:06 AM).

i think just put the flutes on
Old February 21st, 2012 (08:01 AM). Edited February 21st, 2012 by Jambo51.
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Hey... just wanted to bring this to the attention of a Liquid Crystal coder... I reported awhile back that I think Sunny Day & Rain Dance aren't boosting / reducing Fire & Water moves as they should be. I *think* the Elemental equip items (Charcoal, Mystic Water, etc.) are also broken. I have a theory that when one bypasses the part of the code that determines Special/Physical based on type, one may also be bypassing certain elemental boost effects. Its something that a coder may want to look into via a debugger.

I'm playing on the GameBoid if that helps.
Interestingly, a few days ago, I stumbled across a section of code which was indeed broken. I am not actually sure what the effect it controls are, but there's a bunch of type based checks, which all obviously fail because it's the category byte it's checking it against instead of the type.

All the "Raises X Moves in a pinch" abilities are broken due to the physical/special split as well.

This may or may not be the cause of the glitch you have indicated, but it's another problem I spotted either way.

I found this because the return point of one of my new ability routines is the start of this problematic area. I fixed it on the 649 patch by returning earlier and putting code to calculate the type on the fly for that bit of code, and slightly modified the commands following to use it, but it's harder to do for LC because said extra ability routine is obviously not included.

EDIT: Tracked down the buggy routine. It's at 0x3F4FE. Easy fix for me with the 649 Patch, but LC will be more difficult.
Old February 21st, 2012 (09:08 AM).

go despite existing heart of gold I am happy to continue with the remakes and this seems just great that shyni gold lol, I regret not having gone to comment before the game is great and I like how you've unwrapped all aspects but as I said in terms of graphics reminds me a shiny gold xD I would change that, in order're doing a great job I hope to see a little more later this hack greetings luck.
Old February 21st, 2012 (09:26 AM).

there are no pedestals in the recent live beta, how did you put the flutes in the grey space on outskirt island? i tried dropping them and it didnt work.... i also have the black and white flutes and a slowking cuz i watch the movie and i just said what ever i'll try it lol, but i still cant get the pedestals to show on the game
Old February 21st, 2012 (11:28 AM). Edited February 21st, 2012 by Killer_Nacho.

Interestingly, a few days ago, I stumbled across a section of code which was indeed broken. I am not actually sure what the effect it controls are, but there's a bunch of type based checks, which all obviously fail because it's the category byte it's checking it against instead of the type.

All the "Raises X Moves in a pinch" abilities are broken due to the physical/special split as well.

This may or may not be the cause of the glitch you have indicated, but it's another problem I spotted either way.

I found this because the return point of one of my new ability routines is the start of this problematic area. I fixed it on the 649 patch by returning earlier and putting code to calculate the type on the fly for that bit of code, and slightly modified the commands following to use it, but it's harder to do for LC because said extra ability routine is obviously not included.

EDIT: Tracked down the buggy routine. It's at 0x3F4FE. Easy fix for me with the 649 Patch, but LC will be more difficult.
Huh, that's a shame. Kind of sucks when a bunch of items/moves/abilities are broken, but I guess its a "Beta" for a reason. You think you or someone else will be able to fix this for Liquid Crystal?

You know... added to the fact that LC doesn't introduce the new Gen IV moves that balanced the Physical/Special split and all the problems it seems to cause, I think I'd prefer that Liquid Crystal not use the feature at all. After all, Crystal didn't have the split either so in a sense its not as "nostalgic" anyway. I kind of miss my Elemental punch Alakazam and such from those days.

Is there any way to make a patch that removes the Physical / Special split all together? I'd actually appreciate two versions of this hack, one with the feature and one without.

My Youtube Battles
Old February 21st, 2012 (01:06 PM).

Quote originally posted by krit79:
i think just put the flutes on
but there arent pedestals -.-'
Old February 21st, 2012 (04:28 PM).
Glory To Arstotzka

Hey guys, just wanted to post an update to say that the Physical/Special split bugs have been fixed and that you should check them out in the latest live beta.

I also fixed the traded Mareep having no ability. However, bear in mind that this will NOT carry over to any pre-existing Mareep from this trade.

Enjoy, and let me know if there are any problems with either of these fixes.
Please note, I am not responsible for scripting issues, which the majority of remaining issues come down to.

And finally, a plea. As soon as you guys notice the trainers being weird and acting like they're already beaten. STOP. And tell me what precisely you have done in the lead up to this happening. In as much detail as earthly possible. I can't track what's actually causing the initial bug, and until I can, it will remain unfixed. Also, what emulator you are using would be helpful to know, as this could be an emulator specific bug for all I know.
Old February 21st, 2012 (05:16 PM).

Hey guys, just wanted to post an update to say that the Physical/Special split bugs have been fixed and that you should check them out in the latest live beta.

I also fixed the traded Mareep having no ability. However, bear in mind that this will NOT carry over to any pre-existing Mareep from this trade.

Enjoy, and let me know if there are any problems with either of these fixes.
Please note, I am not responsible for scripting issues, which the majority of remaining issues come down to.

And finally, a plea. As soon as you guys notice the trainers being weird and acting like they're already beaten. STOP. And tell me what precisely you have done in the lead up to this happening. In as much detail as earthly possible. I can't track what's actually causing the initial bug, and until I can, it will remain unfixed. Also, what emulator you are using would be helpful to know, as this could be an emulator specific bug for all I know.

Does the Live Beta include the equip item fix as well as my moveset list ?

My Youtube Battles
Old February 22nd, 2012 (05:04 PM).

I am playing the live beta and the pedestals appeared for me. i went to capture articuno at the icepath and then went back to outskirt island. the pedestals dissapeared but if u hit A in the right spot you can still see that they are active
Old February 23rd, 2012 (01:45 AM).

I was in orange island and come back to prof oak to give him gs ball and now I can't come back to orange island, what should I do ?
Old February 23rd, 2012 (02:43 AM). Edited February 23rd, 2012 by Jambo51.
Glory To Arstotzka

Does the Live Beta include the equip item fix as well as my moveset list ?
No. The only things I fixed are the things I listed in my post. Other things haven't been touched.

Quote originally posted by KoUnit6:
I am playing the live beta and the pedestals appeared for me. i went to capture articuno at the icepath and then went back to outskirt island. the pedestals dissapeared but if u hit A in the right spot you can still see that they are active
Sounds like an oversight by LaZ, that'll be getting fixed tonight.
Old February 23rd, 2012 (04:20 AM).
Pokemon Music Hacking Guru

Wow, haven't checked out this topic in awhile. I'm glad to see that people are liking Beta 3!
Old February 23rd, 2012 (06:46 AM).
That one guy.

Nature: Impish
I used to hate the new split, but now that I've started using an Adamant Poliwrath with Waterfall and Ice Punch, I kind of hope that LaZ doesn't change it... (I've also going to have a Jolteon with Shadow Ball and Hyper Beam. Both pokemon will be completely screwed up if the split goes back to normal.) Besides, LaZ put a lot of work into that thing.

The only problem with the split is that it still leaves some pokemon unbalanced. Therefore, it might be best to simply implement a few new moves, only ones that would be absolutely necessary to rebalance some pokemon:

Spoiler:
1. Poison Jab- For all those poison types who lost Sludge Bomb
2. Dark Pulse- Since Bite, Crunch, and Faint Attack are now all (assumedly) physical attacks, a Dark special attack is needed.
3. Shadow Claw- For physical Ghosts Banette and Dusclops. Also for physical attackers that have lost the use of Shadow Ball.
4. Giga Impact- Probably the most important. For those physical powerhouses that have lost Hyper Beam.

Putting those four in (as new TMs or Move Tutors) would help to balance the game. Ideally, this would also require going into every Pokemon's moveset that could learn this is Gen 4 and giving these moves to them. However, I know that would be very time consuming...

Here are some other moves that are not absolutely necessary, but I think would help the game:

Aura Sphere
Seed Bomb
X Scissor
Dragon Pulse
Power Gem
Earth Power
Zen Headbutt

Old February 23rd, 2012 (09:45 PM).

Quote originally posted by CrimsonK:
I used to hate the new split, but now that I've started using an Adamant Poliwrath with Waterfall and Ice Punch, I kind of hope that LaZ doesn't change it... (I've also going to have a Jolteon with Shadow Ball and Hyper Beam. Both pokemon will be completely screwed up if the split goes back to normal.) Besides, LaZ put a lot of work into that thing.

The only problem with the split is that it still leaves some pokemon unbalanced. Therefore, it might be best to simply implement a few new moves, only ones that would be absolutely necessary to rebalance some pokemon:

Spoiler:
1. Poison Jab- For all those poison types who lost Sludge Bomb
2. Dark Pulse- Since Bite, Crunch, and Faint Attack are now all (assumedly) physical attacks, a Dark special attack is needed.
3. Shadow Claw- For physical Ghosts Banette and Dusclops. Also for physical attackers that have lost the use of Shadow Ball.
4. Giga Impact- Probably the most important. For those physical powerhouses that have lost Hyper Beam.

Putting those four in (as new TMs or Move Tutors) would help to balance the game. Ideally, this would also require going into every Pokemon's moveset that could learn this is Gen 4 and giving these moves to them. However, I know that would be very time consuming...

Here are some other moves that are not absolutely necessary, but I think would help the game:

Aura Sphere
Seed Bomb
X Scissor
Dragon Pulse
Power Gem
Earth Power
Zen Headbutt

Well I'm not saying to ditch it all-together, just to maybe release two versions of the hack... one with it and one without so players can choose which they prefer. Although if they add the moves you suggest I could probably live with it

My Youtube Battles
Old February 24th, 2012 (05:05 AM).
Glory To Arstotzka

Well I'm not saying to ditch it all-together, just to maybe release two versions of the hack... one with it and one without so players can choose which they prefer. Although if they add the moves you suggest I could probably live with it
We're already running with 2 seperate patches, and you want us to add yet another?

Don't get me wrong, I see where you're coming from, but I reckon we won't release one with and one without, or certainly not any time soon.

For what it's worth, I also put the unbalanced attack list issue forward to LaZ, but he didn't give me a straight answer.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)