The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 12th, 2012 (11:59 AM).
Killer_Nacho
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova999 View Post
how do u enter day care ?
You should be able to enter it on the left side, like you did in GSC....

My Youtube Battles
Old March 12th, 2012 (12:47 PM). Edited March 12th, 2012 by bleh123.
bleh123
Beginning Trainer

Aaaaannd...how do I evolve Eevee into Umbreon? I've read it's with a Moon Stone too, but I've tried it and it doesn't work.

Another bug I forgot to mention: I once got defeated by Brendan at Elm's Lab and appeared at Lavender's Town Poke Center.
Old March 12th, 2012 (02:44 PM).
Nova999
Beginning Trainer

i think my game is bugged when i try to enter day care from the left i hit the wall xD
any idea how to fix it ?
Old March 12th, 2012 (05:23 PM). Edited November 9th, 2012 by linkandzelda.
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Today I have a few updates for everyone. Once again thanks for all the bugs that have been reported. I'm still busy with uni seeing that I only have about 6-7 weeks left of this year before I start holidays. I have a LOT of work to do over that time so don't expect much from LC. Although once this year is over, i'll be back to work as normal on the final islands.

So a few things to say today...

I've removed the Official Release download link.
Yep. This is a great milestone as it shows that LC has officially moved into it's Live Beta stage. All updates to the Live Beta and Log will be done as normal, and it means all new players will be grabbing the latest Live Beta. It takes away confusion for them and others as to which link to choose from. It also means something else, though...

No more official releases!
Yes, that's right. There will be no more official LC releases from this day forward. No need to panic of course lol. This is not a bad thing, but a great thing. Again it's the Live Beta that is available to you all that will be updated constantly throughout LC's development until it reaches the finished status. Of course, the Live Beta can have a version change when I feel it's *fit* to be marked as a new version. Version changes, what exactly are they?

Version changes will occur often.
From now on a version change on the title of the Live Beta can occur often. They will occur whenever a significant amount of progress to the hack and it's story has been made. When you look at things, since the release of 3.1 and up until now not much change has been made at all, apart from some bug fixes. An example of a change is when I finish the second Orange Island.

Oh, and one more thing...

The Official LC Timeline.
If anyone was around on October 10th, 2010 they would of known that I officially quit LC and hacking all together, and then announced the Continuation Program. Well, during that time of absence I was bored and decided a few things. I had no LC to work on, and felt really detached from the hacking world. It was boring, so I set myself a task. In November 2010 I created a speed hack which would never be released. It was aimed at just a bit of fun for me to do before I moved onto another project or something. Well, the hack became pretty good in it's 9 day life cycle and it hit me. I love hacking and theres no way I could quit. So I immediately resumed work on LC without telling people.

At the same time I decided on something else. LC wasn't gonna be the only project I work on in terms of hacking. So here it is, the LC Timeline.

You guys must know what a timeline is. It's a chart which shows when different events happen at different times relative to each other. Well this is the timeline for all the Hacks I'll be working on in my time as a hacker.

LC - We all know it stands for Liquid Crystal. But PO? MF? What on earth are they?

Today, I'm proud to announce a new project by Jambo51 and Linkandzelda!

Pokémon - Platinum Origins!
Pokémon - Platinum Origins is an Emerald based hack which started development in November 2011. It will be a Demake of Pokémon Platinum with added events and areas. Just think of Liquid Crystal, but playing Platinum's story. It will feature all 649 Pokémon, multiple regions and all sorts to look forward too.

The hack is the first collaboration hack me and Jambo51 have ever done, so it's new ground for us both and we are very excited for the future of PO. We discovered recently that over LC's development we work well together and make a good team, so why not make a hack together. Me having strong skills in mapping and scripting, and Jambo51 having impeccable skills with ASM, we will combine to create the best Pokémon Platinum Demake ever possible!

So, whats an announcement without a teaser, eh?

Here we have a screenshot of how PO currently looks at this stage of development. Seeing as this is just an announcement that we are working on PO, more details and a thread will follow at a later date, when the time is right.

So, that's what PO stands for, but what about MF?

MF
At this time there is not much information regarding MF, but I can tell you that it's the 3rd and final hack in the LC trilogy and will be based on Emerald. The hack will be developed mainly by myself at this time. It will be aimed to innovate and provide features in a hack that have never been seen before.

Well, that's enough announcements for today. Expect lot's of good stuff from us throughout the year.

~Link
Old March 12th, 2012 (05:26 PM). Edited March 12th, 2012 by Quickster.
Quickster
Dream or Drop?

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
Today I have a few updates for everyone. Once again thanks for all the bugs that have been reported. I'm still busy with uni seeing that I only have about 6-7 weeks left of this year before I start holidays. I have a LOT of work to do over that time so don't expect much from LC. Although once this year is over, i'll be back to work as normal on the final islands.

So a few things to say today...

Version changes will occur often.
From now on a version change on the title of the Live Beta can occur often. They will occur whenever a significant amount of progress to the hack and it's story has been made. When you look at things, since the release of 3.1 and up until now not much change has been made at all, apart from some bug fixes. An example of a change is when I finish the second Orange Island.

The Official LC Timeline.

LC - We all know it stands for Liquid Crystal. But PO? MF? What on earth are they?

Today, I'm proud to announce a new project by Jambo51 and Linkandzelda!

Pokémon - Platinum Origins!

Jambo51 having impeccable skills with ASM, we will combine to create the best Pokémon Platinum Demake ever possible!

So, whats an announcement without a teaser, eh?

MF
At this time there is not much information regarding MF, but I can tell you that it's the 3rd and final hack in the LC trilogy and will be based on Emerald. The hack will be developed mainly by myself at this time. It will be aimed to innovate and provide features in a hack that have never been seen before.

Well, that's enough announcements for today. Expect lot's of good stuff from us throughout the year.

~Link
All this exciting news! Ive been waiting forever for news on Platinum Origins! Ahh, so pumped! :D

EDIT: Oh, by the way, I deffinately know what MF is!

But sometimes I want to come back to it...

Old March 12th, 2012 (08:49 PM).
ZpAnish
Ex-Con

Nature: Quirky
Oh sweet Based God, Progress!! I think i'll continue playing instead of waiting for a final release...

Quick question though...Would there be any problems loading a save file from the official release of 3.1 in the latest Live Beta? I really want to avoid going over basically the entire game :/

Old March 12th, 2012 (11:13 PM).
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
WoW LaZ so much good news!!! I can't bear to watch this.. Now I can play 2 of your great hacks in the future.. Continue doing what you are aiming Ill support till the End..
Old March 13th, 2012 (02:42 AM).
tommzy09

Yay glad to see a good hacker actually bother with Emerald. A lot of people just go with Fire Red, but Emerald has a lot more to offer, including more map names so you don't have to replace any .
Old March 13th, 2012 (07:39 AM).
lukasz_pro
Saiyan Prince

Nature: Hardy
great news LAZ :D !!!
LC trilogy sound great
Old March 13th, 2012 (07:44 AM).
Killer_Nacho
Beginning Trainer

Sounds exciting, but I'll hold off my excitement since I know how hacks go sometimes. Looking forward to the completion of Liquid Crystal the most!

My Youtube Battles
Old March 13th, 2012 (07:59 AM).
hammy22
Beginning Trainer

Please someone help me Im trying to get liquid crystal and all this I am so lost and I have a Mac If any one can help that would be amazing...
Old March 13th, 2012 (08:55 AM).
Stefke
Togepi

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy22 View Post
Please someone help me Im trying to get liquid crystal and all this I am so lost and I have a Mac If any one can help that would be amazing...
There is a version of VisualBoyAdvance for Mac, but it's outdated so you're very likely to get lots of bugs. So what I do is I play the game on the Windows partition of my Mac. It's quite annoying, but yeah, you can't really do anything about it.

If you don't have a Windows partition, you can still try with VBA for Mac. You download a Fire Red Rom (.gba file), the Liquid Crystal live beta (.ips file) and patch them using Lunar IPS (I'm pretty sure there's a version for Mac).
Old March 13th, 2012 (09:09 AM).
Gold011

oh, those are great news, anyways, do anyone here knows how to get a charmander?, cause, despiting that by now my thyphlosion is badass, but i think a charizard is better in those terms, if you know what i mean, unless charmander isn't obtainable in this game Dx anyways if someone knows a way to get charmander i'll be greatefull
P.S: also i forgot to ask if there is a way to get a hoenn starter, and another johto starter without starting over the game....
Old March 13th, 2012 (12:55 PM).
PsychoToxin
Beginning Trainer

Hey, are the Pokemon locations changed since 2? I tried opening the live beta with AdvancedMap to look at locations and this is what it gave me:

ERROR: (EStringListError) List index (121) out of bounds.

Did you do that on purpose or something?
Old March 13th, 2012 (05:18 PM).
Liquid crystal fan

Hey guys I have a really quick question okay so I got the Ez Flash IV I got the game all ready on the computer. I used the software to send it to the Sd card the game shows up on the cart but when I try to play it it goes to a white screen. :/ the save type is at 128k.
Old March 13th, 2012 (05:44 PM).
Barbie Jean
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid crystal fan View Post
Hey guys I have a really quick question okay so I got the Ez Flash IV I got the game all ready on the computer. I used the software to send it to the Sd card the game shows up on the cart but when I try to play it it goes to a white screen. :/ the save type is at 128k.
you have to use a emulator to play this hack

Old March 14th, 2012 (04:37 AM).
Aruaruu

Is Onix supposed to learn Rock Tomb? I found a move tutor and I was like "yes! now I can give onix a reasonable attack" but it said Onix can't learn Rock Tomb.

what
Old March 14th, 2012 (05:48 AM). Edited March 14th, 2012 by hunter1021.
hunter1021
Beginning Trainer

Gah okay, so i downloaded the live beta on 3/12/12 and have been playing throgh without any even minor bugs on my ipod touch via gpsPhone until now. im not sure if this has already been addressed as i didnt have the patience to read through 85 pages of thread lol, but i am headbutting every tree and its mother and no pokemon are coming out? when i first got headbutt in ilex forest i headbutted the tree it was next to and a pokemon came out (i think a pineco) but now nothing is coming out of any tree. not sure if this is happenening to anyone else or if its just a gpsPhone bug, but i would really appreciate any info anybody can give me! and also i didnt want to post this on the bugs forum b/c i still am not 100% sure this isnt just exclusive to my version of the game

**edit**
Also i am having the problem with not being able to enter the day care as there is no door ha..
Old March 14th, 2012 (09:41 AM).
18jaycee
Beginning Trainer

Ive just created an account to comment. it's really a great game so I hope when you finished LC you could release it.
I do hope the Final version would make the pokemon sprites look much more appealing.
Would you add the Crystal Onyx in LC an give it Fire weakness and Water moves such as Surf?
and my last question is How long does a hack game take for completion in general cause I see some hacks that started 2-3 years and some took only few months ago before they were completed or still in progress... I'm just new here but i know that it's against the rules to ask the completion so i'm asking about the length of an average Hack to be Complete.
Old March 14th, 2012 (11:15 AM).
Killer_Nacho
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18jaycee View Post
Ive just created an account to comment. it's really a great game so I hope when you finished LC you could release it.
I do hope the Final version would make the pokemon sprites look much more appealing.
Would you add the Crystal Onyx in LC an give it Fire weakness and Water moves such as Surf?
and my last question is How long does a hack game take for completion in general cause I see some hacks that started 2-3 years and some took only few months ago before they were completed or still in progress... I'm just new here but i know that it's against the rules to ask the completion so i'm asking about the length of an average Hack to be Complete.
Crystal Onix? Is that some kind of joke?

My Youtube Battles
Old March 14th, 2012 (11:19 AM).
Jay B 11

Nature: Modest
Woo new beta cant wait to try :D
Quick question, can i upload my pokemon and things from 2.1 into 3 somehow dont really fancy doing it all again
Old March 14th, 2012 (05:02 PM).
Liquid crystal fan

Are you serious? Now I won't ever be able to play it on my GBA.:/ is there a way to fix the ROM to make it work on a Flash Cart?
Old March 15th, 2012 (08:23 AM).
hahawrong
Beginning Trainer

so i have an issue. when i go into mt moon axle and my rival are supposed to be there but only my rival is so i am unable to progress any further in the story which makes me sad.
does anyone know of a simple fix to this or has anyone else had this happen to them?
Old March 15th, 2012 (11:01 AM).
18jaycee
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Nacho View Post
Crystal Onix? Is that some kind of joke?
crystal Onix was part of the Orange Island Saga on the Anime SAME situation with the Red Gyrados On Johto...
Old March 15th, 2012 (11:39 AM).
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18jaycee View Post
crystal Onix was part of the Orange Island Saga on the Anime SAME situation with the Red Gyrados On Johto...
You will find the Red Gyarados was in the original GSC games. If we see fit to add the Crystal Onix, we will, but we're not using the Anime's storyline, we're making a custom one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid crystal fan View Post
Are you serious? Now I won't ever be able to play it on my GBA.:/ is there a way to fix the ROM to make it work on a Flash Cart?
No. A lot of the new hacks used are necessary for the general running of the game. We are attempting to track down the causes of the "all trainers beaten" bug. So if you could all stop and immediately tell us when it happens to you, it'd be really helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahawrong View Post
so i have an issue. when i go into mt moon axle and my rival are supposed to be there but only my rival is so i am unable to progress any further in the story which makes me sad.
does anyone know of a simple fix to this or has anyone else had this happen to them?
This'll get fixed very shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay B 11 View Post
Woo new beta cant wait to try :D
Quick question, can i upload my pokemon and things from 2.1 into 3 somehow dont really fancy doing it all again
No. The 2 are completely incompatible.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links