The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #2301    
Old April 21st, 2012, 08:30 AM
drunkenbard16
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonandKookies View Post
I have a problem with the game since my VisualBoyAdvance won't let me play the game. It says that the file is unsupported. can anyone help me?? (oh and I have the VisualBoyAdvance-1.8.0-beta3 if that helps)
Are you doing it right? I mean have you patched a clean fire red rom with the .ips provided here? By your description it seems like you're trying to run the .ips file itself. If that's the case it won't work.
Reply With Quote
  #2302    
Old April 21st, 2012, 08:30 AM
hax999
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Have you gotten all the 7th badges before entering Dragon's den?
Nevermind, sorry, I forgot to battle Jasmine

Last edited by hax999; April 21st, 2012 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #2303    
Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:51 AM
PokemonandKookies
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenbard16 View Post
Are you doing it right? I mean have you patched a clean fire red rom with the .ips provided here? By your description it seems like you're trying to run the .ips file itself. If that's the case it won't work.
Oh, so you can't run the .ips file itself. I didn't know that. Well, then I'm suppose to patch the Liquidcrystal rom to the Fired redrom, right?
Reply With Quote
  #2304    
Old April 22nd, 2012, 03:28 PM
drunkenbard16
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonandKookies View Post
Oh, so you can't run the .ips file itself. I didn't know that. Well, then I'm suppose to patch the Liquidcrystal rom to the Fired redrom, right?
Yes. The Fire Red rom must be clean or you'll face a thousand bugs. Use Lunar IPS to patch the Liquid Crystal .ips into it and you're good to go.
Reply With Quote
  #2305    
Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:27 PM
Wriggled
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eikkatin View Post
It was months ago when i played LC last time, but im pretty sure Kyogre was in the tunnel which took you to the Orange Islands. I would check that place.
I know where kyogre was in this version. I caught it. Great. I don't know how to get back there for one, as the train just takes you straight there...? And also, I think "where kyogre used to be" referred to the location in I believe 2.0 or so that had kyogre and a handful of other legendaries in the undersea cavern area. That's supposedly where rayquaza is in this one, but I simply cannot find it or get past that "infinite stair"
Reply With Quote
  #2306    
Old April 24th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Alarmingly Bad
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
Hello! I used the SS Aqua and I accidentally came back, and now I can't seem to get back on the SS Aqua. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2307    
Old April 24th, 2012, 05:14 PM
xythas's Avatar
xythas
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Looks great. One question though, when I go on the pokemon world website and click the download button it says i am downloading file too quickly and says I need to wait 20 seconds. 20 seconds later, it says I have to wait 55 more seconds. Can you help me? Thank you in advance. >:^D>
Reply With Quote
  #2308    
Old April 24th, 2012, 07:54 PM
soxmandan
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Hi guys I'm new, so sorry if this has already been answered, I've been trying to search.

How do you evolve Onix "Rocky" to Steelix? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2309    
Old April 24th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Shiny Zoroark96's Avatar
Shiny Zoroark96
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Age: 18
Gender: Male
I found some bug from your hack rom(Pokemon Liquid Crystal)
1.When I play it on gpSP, it's freeze while foe using harden,metal claw, iron tail,etc.
2.Bug of Burning tower, you can walk in the wall
3.Bug on whirl island
4.Bug on new island, some tile not you give movement permission
5.Bug on Ruin of Ralp, some tile not you give movement permission
6.freeze when you press blue icon in map card

Sorry if my Enlish bad, I' m Indonesian
Reply With Quote
  #2310    
Old April 24th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Stefke
Togepi
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Belgium
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarmingly Bad View Post
Hello! I used the SS Aqua and I accidentally came back, and now I can't seem to get back on the SS Aqua. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Like in the original game, the boat only sails on certain days. Try to sail tomorrow and the day after that, etc. If I remember well, there's a small flag at the entrance of the "harbour" when the boat sails.
Reply With Quote
  #2311    
Old April 25th, 2012, 02:42 AM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Zoroark96 View Post
I found some bug from your hack rom(Pokemon Liquid Crystal)
1.When I play it on gpSP, it's freeze while foe using harden,metal claw, iron tail,etc.
2.Bug of Burning tower, you can walk in the wall
3.Bug on whirl island
4.Bug on new island, some tile not you give movement permission
5.Bug on Ruin of Ralp, some tile not you give movement permission
6.freeze when you press blue icon in map card

Sorry if my Enlish bad, I' m Indonesian
I don't think you learnt from LAZ earlier that we should all play this game on Vba only.. because all other emulators are semi supported
Reply With Quote
  #2312    
Old April 25th, 2012, 02:59 AM
Jambo51's Avatar
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Zoroark96 View Post
I found some bug from your hack rom(Pokemon Liquid Crystal)
1.When I play it on gpSP, it's freeze while foe using harden,metal claw, iron tail,etc.
We are aware of this bug, but not what actually causes it. We're trying to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Zoroark96 View Post
2.Bug of Burning tower, you can walk in the wall
3.Bug on whirl island
4.Bug on new island, some tile not you give movement permission
5.Bug on Ruin of Ralp, some tile not you give movement permission
6.freeze when you press blue icon in map card
We really need more information than that in order to fix the bugs.
__________________
Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
Reply With Quote
  #2313    
Old April 25th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Stefke
Togepi
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Belgium
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Bashful
Does anyone know what we're supposed to do/find in the Rocket Treasure Hunt near Leaf Bay City? I spent about 1 hour in there and found nothing. In fact, I had the feeling I kept going round in circles.

As for the old lady's blackglasses in Essence town, I've looked for them everywhere in and around the city and never found them. Could anyone give me a hint? I take it from LaZ that it's not hidden, but I'm still clueless.

Anyway, I love the hack even more now that I'm in the "totally new" part of it. Keep up the good work.
Reply With Quote
  #2314    
Old April 25th, 2012, 09:13 AM
KaneTheFlesheater
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Gender: Male
Hey, I have a quick question, and would appreciate, if I'd get a quick answer.

Are there any benefits to catching a number of pokemon? Like in FR/LG, where Oak would send aides every 20 or so with some items. And if I get something for a specific number, could someone please post how many should I catch?

I'm at Olivine right now and captured every single one I could up to this point (I'm really afraid I'll miss out on something), but AltTab-bing every while out of VBA to Advance Mapper and walking back and forth though the grass makes the game kinda boring in my opinion...

Also, to everyone wondering about the Lost Woods (I dunno if it was posted, 93 thread pages, man), if You go there right after getting Surf and the badge, You'll see Suicune at the pond, like he/she/it used to appear in Crystal in a couple of places.

Last edited by KaneTheFlesheater; April 25th, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2315    
Old April 25th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Korrin
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Female
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or missing something, but I'm having trouble getting past Violet City.

The first thing I did there was go up the Bellsprout Tower, and when I did, my rival was up there and had just got HM Flash (I assume it's flash) and left. But when I talk to the elder he won't fight me or give me the HM.
When I go to the gym in Violet city, all the trainers in there speak to me as if I've already fought and beaten them, including Falkner, but I have not. I don't have any badges or anything.
If I try to leave the city, there's a kid blocking the way who tells me to go back to the gym...

Is this a bug? Or am I supposed to do something else?
Reply With Quote
  #2316    
Old April 25th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Alarmingly Bad
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefke View Post
Like in the original game, the boat only sails on certain days. Try to sail tomorrow and the day after that, etc. If I remember well, there's a small flag at the entrance of the "harbour" when the boat sails.
Okay, thanks a bunch! hopefully it will work!
Reply With Quote
  #2317    
Old April 25th, 2012, 06:40 PM
thelargeone
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Hey everyone. I just needed to make a quick stop and say what an awesome hack this is. I'm really new to the community and this is my first hack played. I gotta say it is awesome. I'm still just right after i beat the elite four first time playing and is still wondering in the warping area trying to find the switches.

I have basically found 3 of the stone sellers but i am afraid i forgot where the moon stones were sold. the sun stone i don't even know if there is a seller.

Spoiler:

first is in violet city (need surf) on the right of the spout tower there is a lake surf through it and u should see a guy that will sell it for 2100 each (fire stone)
Blackthorn for the thunder stone. In the pokemon center there should be a guy right next to the PC he'll sell
The next is in Kanto. Right before the nugget bridge in celrulean city. There should be a guy behind a house talk to him and he'll sell u water stone
the leaf stone is in lavander town the market up top from a nerdy looking guy like always
I think the moon stone seller is also in Blackthorn city but there might be a specific time for him to appear. I remember buying mine at a mountainous area...


I have not read the posts above so ignore if this has been said already


I have noticed some changed with the placement of the legendary Pokemons. Cus i followed a video on YouTube about the 2.1 beta in attempt to find groundon but failed...
but there are still some bugs that i experienced during my play. Some of the soft soil patches does not work after i plant berries in them. Or they just eat my berries like those blasted vending machines that eats my quarters.

I'm also having some problems with the evolutions. Can anyone tell me how to evolve a kadabra, gravaler or a machoke? i got steelix after training my onix to level 26. But it sure came a suprise when i found ralts after cherrygrove and poochyena before.
I can't also get the pokedex to work correctly it only shows a map of Kanto for the area of the pokemon and not Johoto. so is it a bug or am i doing something wrong?

Last edited by thelargeone; April 25th, 2012 at 07:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2318    
Old April 26th, 2012, 12:14 AM
KaneTheFlesheater
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelargeone View Post
I have basically found 3 of the stone sellers but i am afraid i forgot where the moon stones were sold. the sun stone i don't even know if there is a seller.
The Sun Stone seller is at the Olivine lighthouse Thanks for the rest of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelargeone View Post
I can't also get the pokedex to work correctly it only shows a map of Kanto for the area of the pokemon and not Johoto. so is it a bug or am i doing something wrong?
I think it's more of an engine limitation, might be wrong though.
Reply With Quote
  #2319    
Old April 26th, 2012, 01:18 AM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrin View Post
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or missing something, but I'm having trouble getting past Violet City.

The first thing I did there was go up the Bellsprout Tower, and when I did, my rival was up there and had just got HM Flash (I assume it's flash) and left. But when I talk to the elder he won't fight me or give me the HM.
When I go to the gym in Violet city, all the trainers in there speak to me as if I've already fought and beaten them, including Falkner, but I have not. I don't have any badges or anything.
If I try to leave the city, there's a kid blocking the way who tells me to go back to the gym...

Is this a bug? Or am I supposed to do something else?
What i learnt from your problem I think you are either using the wrong rom to play or you had over patched the game to your previous save file...
Reply With Quote
  #2320    
Old April 26th, 2012, 01:42 PM
nephrael
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Headbutting trees seems to not work on Ampharos. I taught my Farfetch'd to headbutt and it works fine. I've tested this around 50 times with my Ampharos. Either I'm really unlucky, or it's a bug.
Reply With Quote
  #2321    
Old April 26th, 2012, 02:43 PM
thelargeone
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneTheFlesheater View Post
The Sun Stone seller is at the Olivine lighthouse Thanks for the rest of them!
Thanks for the location. And I've just found out that the poke seer in cinawood city can tell when the pokemon evolves.

Also the teleport system is weird it tells you to more random places. I think there is like a pattern so i'm trying to figure out this thing.
Spoiler:

in Johto it tellied me to cereluan city
in Kanto right outside cereluean cave it tellies you to route 41 in whirl islands
I'm at cinawood city right outside pokemon seer and it'll teleport me to fuchsia city
it changed again to golden rod

but these seem to change with time. Cus yesterday and just a couple minture ago it tellied me to route 41. Now it's just tellying me to fuchsia city


also i've found somthing weird. When a pokemon learns a new move it is not better sometimes even if it says it has better power. Like when my typhlosion learns flame wheel at first i did better damage with ember. It was against the exact same pokemon cus i just loaded F10. So is there a system that the more u use a move the better it becomes? Does anyone have an answer?

can anyone also tell me where amulet coin is? Oak said he left it with his aid but i can't find him in route 16....

Last edited by thelargeone; April 26th, 2012 at 02:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2322    
Old April 26th, 2012, 02:55 PM
KaneTheFlesheater
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelargeone View Post
can anyone also tell me where amulet coin is? Oak said he left it with his aid but i can't find him in route 16....
I think the AIDES don't work, they are a leftover from FireRed.

In Gold/Silver/Crystal the Amulet Coin was at the basement of Goldenrod Department Store. When You'd reenter the area, the containers there would be placed in a random order. It doesn't work like that in Liquid Crystal, and I don't have a clue how to make the leftmost container move or disappear (inb4 hacking), because there are two item balls there that I can't get to...
Reply With Quote
  #2323    
Old April 26th, 2012, 06:54 PM
drunkenbard16
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephrael View Post
Headbutting trees seems to not work on Ampharos. I taught my Farfetch'd to headbutt and it works fine. I've tested this around 50 times with my Ampharos. Either I'm really unlucky, or it's a bug.
I can confirm it's working. Wow, you're really unlucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneTheFlesheater View Post
In Gold/Silver/Crystal the Amulet Coin was at the basement of Goldenrod Department Store. When You'd reenter the area, the containers there would be placed in a random order. It doesn't work like that in Liquid Crystal, and I don't have a clue how to make the leftmost container move or disappear (inb4 hacking), because there are two item balls there that I can't get to...
You get access to one of the items after cleaning the Underground. I have absolutely no idea how to get to the other one though.
Reply With Quote
  #2324    
Old April 26th, 2012, 08:27 PM
nephrael
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelargeone View Post
also i've found somthing weird. When a pokemon learns a new move it is not better sometimes even if it says it has better power. Like when my typhlosion learns flame wheel at first i did better damage with ember. It was against the exact same pokemon cus i just loaded F10. So is there a system that the more u use a move the better it becomes? Does anyone have an answer?
Typhlosion specs up higher with special attack. Ember is a special-focused move, while flame wheel is a physical move based on attack. Your special attack should be higher than your physical attack. Flame wheel is also not too much stronger than ember in terms of attack power. Therefore, ember should hit for higher.

BUG:

I think this is a bug, but I'm not quite sure. So I'm nearing the end of the game, when I've already defeated Team Rocket and fought my rival in the Dragon's Den. After I go to see Mr. Oak about the Orange Islands, he stamps my S.S. ticket and tells me to go to Vermillion. I go there, and then go to the police headquarters because Azel (I think that's his name) tells me to go see him. He gives me another assignment, which is the finding strong trainers one. After that, I get my underwater sea pass from the same building. However, when I go to the ship, they tell me to get a sea pass (which I already got). Then they say "The ship is not sailing right now". So...no idea what happened there.

Last edited by nephrael; April 26th, 2012 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #2325    
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Korrin
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
What i learnt from your problem I think you are either using the wrong rom to play or you had over patched the game to your previous save file...
I'm using the Fire Red rom, and there is no previous save file.

Am I supposed to be using a specific edition of Fire Red?
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 06:58 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.