The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 26th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Stefke
Togepi

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephrael View Post
Typhlosion specs up higher with special attack. Ember is a special-focused move, while flame wheel is a physical move based on attack. Your special attack should be higher than your physical attack. Flame wheel is also not too much stronger than ember in terms of attack power. Therefore, ember should hit for higher.

BUG:

I think this is a bug, but I'm not quite sure. So I'm nearing the end of the game, when I've already defeated Team Rocket and fought my rival in the Dragon's Den. After I go to see Mr. Oak about the Orange Islands, he stamps my S.S. ticket and tells me to go to Vermillion. I go there, and then go to the police headquarters because Azel (I think that's his name) tells me to go see him. He gives me another assignment, which is the finding strong trainers one. After that, I get my underwater sea pass from the same building. However, when I go to the ship, they tell me to get a sea pass (which I already got). Then they say "The ship is not sailing right now". So...no idea what happened there.
To go to the Orange Islands, you need to take the Underwater Express (which is a train like the Magnet), not the boat. To find it, you have to surf south-east of Newbark Town. Hope this helps.
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:28 AM
nephrael
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefke View Post
To go to the Orange Islands, you need to take the Underwater Express (which is a train like the Magnet), not the boat. To find it, you have to surf south-east of Newbark Town. Hope this helps.
I surfed southeast and dived down. It's still not there.
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Stefke
Togepi

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephrael View Post
I surfed southeast and dived down. It's still not there.
There's no need to dive lol sorry, my message was not clear so you must have misunderstood. In New Bark Town, surf east, then south, then east again. It's a new route Linkandzelda added. It's full of rocks and stuff, but eventually you should arrive on an island with a buidling on it. The "Underwater Express" station is in that building.
Old April 27th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Shiny Zoroark96
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51
We really need more information than that in order to fix the bugs.
Please check it with Advance Map, and you know it

For "freeze when you press blue icon in map card" I mean,
It's freeze when you prees A for guide the blue icon in map card, please try it

Or not, I can help you to fix this roms about map bug.

Last edited by Shiny Zoroark96; April 27th, 2012 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Samboanoritzon
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Enjoying this very much. Until now I discovered that Salamence can't learn dragon claw from the move tutor, wth do I do now?!
Old April 27th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Rybson
Beginning Trainer

I got a question. I got a LC 3.1 beta. an when i turn teh game on and i am about to start. Hmm You woke me up!? Will you check the clock for me? What time is it? Wha? The clock has stoped? That can't be right hmm Try and read clock again....

I got Visual Boy Advance if that help. Is it supposed to be this way or i got to cgange somethin. Please help me cuz i cba reading 90 pages before me. And i don't rly want to find out in the middle of a game that i could have more options.So Please help me thx in advannce.
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:57 PM
thelargeone
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rybson View Post
I got a question. I got a LC 3.1 beta. an when i turn teh game on and i am about to start. Hmm You woke me up!? Will you check the clock for me? What time is it? Wha? The clock has stoped? That can't be right hmm Try and read clock again....
you need to change the real time setting in your emu. go to options then scroll down to emulator then check the list carefully. there should be a option that is not checked called "real time clock" right below AGB Print. Just put real time clock on and u should be good
Old April 27th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Rybson
Beginning Trainer

Thx a lot i fixed it. As you said i had to tip it on emulator. Thx
Old April 28th, 2012, 08:28 AM
drunkenbard16
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samboanoritzon View Post
Enjoying this very much. Until now I discovered that Salamence can't learn dragon claw from the move tutor, wth do I do now?!
You can use YAPE to fix the compatibility, I think it's the only way.]

Playing slots all day, eh?
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:10 AM
thelargeone
Beginning Trainer

i gotta admit the weather in LC 3.1 is really depressing especially with cindaquil as a starter... all i'm getting is rain, rain, and more rain.... What happened to sandstorms and hail?

Last edited by thelargeone; April 28th, 2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old April 28th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Samboanoritzon
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenbard16 View Post
You can use YAPE to fix the compatibility, I think it's the only way.]

Playing slots all day, eh?
What is YAPE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelargeone View Post
i gotta admit the weather in LC 3.1 is really depressing especially with cindaquil as a starter... all i'm getting is rain, rain, and more rain.... What happened to sandstorms and hail?
Agreed - I picked Totodile, which is great for the rain but training Arcanine is a pain.
Old April 28th, 2012, 01:35 PM
lukasz_pro
Saiyan Prince

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
What is YAPE?

its program , u can edit pokemon moves , type , evolutions etc
Old April 28th, 2012, 04:07 PM
thelargeone
Beginning Trainer

i found an invisible wall in the dark cave but i don't know how to post images on the forums so can anyone teach me?

oh and i also found and captured Jirachi near in the deepest part of the dark cave

Last edited by thelargeone; April 28th, 2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:25 PM
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

Nature: Calm
Quote:
lol that is weird.

anyway here to endorse this wonderful hack.

Old April 29th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Rybson
Beginning Trainer

Is it any way to get Charmander/Mareep/Larvitar/Dratini?
Old April 29th, 2012, 04:50 AM
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

Nature: Calm
this is the pkmn location faq as of the last beta...(and apparently the only one i can find..)
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2735

still seems quite accurate even for this latest beta
of course if someone could update this for the lastest version it would be best.
especially considering a few new pkmn has been added to all johto routes:
http://linkandzelda.com/liquidcrysta...-johto-routes/

Last edited by manutdrule; April 29th, 2012 at 04:56 AM.
Old April 29th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Gold011

hey guys, i think i may sound like a noob but, since the new live log is at another page, then, where do i download the latest live beta ips patch?, i'm confused....i want an ASAP reply if possible....
EDIT:well, i also want to ask, i defeated team saturn at saffron, and earned the badges from vermillion, saffron and celadon, then, i was told to do some event at lavender town, but i can't get there from saffron, then, the only way is to go through fuchisa, and this may sound noob, again, but, that means that i have to earn fuchisa gym badge and then go to lavender town and do the event?
EDIT 2:well, also, the move tutor at goldenrod that teaches dragon claw, when i talked to him after doing the pkmn league 1st time, he was talking like if he already taught the move, well, i have a salamance, and for some reason...it can't learn flamethrower for the guy that teaches that move for coins....then again, what moves do you recomend to put on my salamance...

Last edited by Gold011; April 29th, 2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old April 29th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Trmn05
Beginning Trainer

I don't know if these have been reported yet, but I found some bugs.

1. Teleporting takes me to Cerulean City even though, I'm only in Azalea Town.

2. Talking to the third trainer after defeating him on the top floor of Sprout Tower crashes the game.
Old April 29th, 2012, 11:44 PM
thelargeone
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rybson View Post
Is it any way to get Charmander/Mareep/Larvitar/Dratini?
charmander is at fusha city right left of the pokemon center goin the house and talk to the girl she'll give u a charmander.

Mareep can be found a cherrygrove city right in the pokemon center on the far right bottom corner should be a guy with yellow hair capature a poliwag and trade it to him for a mareep.

Lavitar can either be caught a Mt Silver after defeating all of Johoto and Kanto gym leaders. It can be accessed right before victory road where the guy that used to block you first time when u meet elite four will be gone. Or get enough money for coins or get enough coins (game tokens from slots) and trade it in at celedon city (need 8888 coins)

Dratini can be caught at dragons den. Or gotten from an old man at the dragons den after defeating team what ever it's name is. I did not get it from the old man so i do not know if the dratini received from him will know extreme speed or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold011 View Post
hey guys, i think i may sound like a noob but, since the new live log is at another page, then, where do i download the latest live beta ips patch?, i'm confused....i want an ASAP reply if possible....
EDIT:well, i also want to ask, i defeated team saturn at saffron, and earned the badges from vermillion, saffron and celadon, then, i was told to do some event at lavender town, but i can't get there from saffron, then, the only way is to go through fuchisa, and this may sound noob, again, but, that means that i have to earn fuchisa gym badge and then go to lavender town and do the event?
EDIT 2:well, also, the move tutor at goldenrod that teaches dragon claw, when i talked to him after doing the pkmn league 1st time, he was talking like if he already taught the move, well, i have a salamance, and for some reason...it can't learn flamethrower for the guy that teaches that move for coins....then again, what moves do you recomend to put on my salamance...
well for the latest ip patch i don't know. But you can either get the gym badge or not before going to lavander town but you'll need the badge to get through the two guys in saffron. I do not know salamance's move because i never trained one before but dragon claw would definately be one to get. Salamence can learn the move at level 79 by it self so....

i think it should be
Hidden power (flying)
Crunch
dragon claw
double edge.

these worked out pretty well for me

I mean right now LC cannot battle other players so level will determine almost all pokemon battles in a NPC encounter. Why waste time figuring out movesets that counter certain things?

Last edited by thelargeone; April 29th, 2012 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 30th, 2012, 12:15 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold011 View Post
Yes you should defeat Fuchsia gym and the route there is the only way to go to lavender town but when you complete the event there the outpost between Saffron city and Lavender town will open up so that you don't really had to go back all the way again...
Old April 30th, 2012, 01:13 AM
bneutrn
Beginning Trainer

Where does this beta end? I'm at Leaf Bay City and beat the guys up north. Everywhere else is closed so I can't go any further. Is this the end of this beta?
Old April 30th, 2012, 02:01 AM
MJ13lization
Unhatched Egg

Can anyone PM me where can i find or buy a leaf stone? I searched at the Celadon mall and there's nothin'
EDIT 1: Nevermind, I found the guy at lavender.

Last edited by MJ13lization; April 30th, 2012 at 02:07 AM.
Old April 30th, 2012, 04:33 AM
Gold011

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Yes you should defeat Fuchsia gym and the route there is the only way to go to lavender town but when you complete the event there the outpost between Saffron city and Lavender town will open up so that you don't really had to go back all the way again...
ok thanks, and how do i get the pokeflute or pokeflute app to wake up the snorlax at vermillion?, and where do i download the latest live beta ips patch?, oh, and did the zapdos event at lavender, then, do i go back to saffron and battle laz and zeikku on my way to cerulean??
Old April 30th, 2012, 04:53 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Hello everyone! I have an announcement. I was busy this weekend with a few surprises. All of the changes announced today are due to a sudden raise in demand for LC.

Live Beta System Evolved!
Over the last week something happened with LC. It was posted onto Reddit and since then, there's been over 6000 new downloads. This is amazing news and consider this my thanks to everyone for the support, but there was a problem I had to address. On the night that it was posted, the Live Beta IPS link was exhausted from all the new downloads and eventually it went offline. The service I relied on had blocked the file from being able to be downloaded due to bandwidth. This meant that nobody could download LC until I fixed it.

So I fixed it, and recreated the download page to match LC's Bootscreen. I also added 4 mirrors, so that if it ever happens again there's a mirror to turn too. All 4 of the mirrors are Live Beta compatible, so they all give the latest release!

But, that's not quite all of it...

LC's Main Hub
For ever since I can remember, this was the main base for LC. It was posted here first back in 2007, and has continued to be the place that's kept updated the most. The Main download was located on my forums, The Pokémon World being the exclusive place to get it. Well, due to Reddit and high activity of LC that can't be the case any more.

From this day forward, I have created a new site dedicated to LC, over at http://linkandzelda.com/liquidcrystal. You can find a lot of things on the site such as the main Download link, Features, Videos and other information about LC that you guys might not be aware of.

But, there's something special on that site that will be useful to you guys.

The Development Journal - New Live Log
For a while I relied on the Live Log as the primary means to update everyone on the latest additions and fixes. That method works flawlessly for people, but only if they come to this thread and find the link to the Hack Bug Report Database on the first post. While I consider this to be sufficient for everyone following this thread, it's not sufficient for new-comers that don't know about Pokécommunity or The Pokémon World. The Hack Bug Report Database is also not findable easily from The Pokémon World forums.

That's why I decided to build a new solution, the Development Journal located on the main LC site at Linkandzelda.com/liquidcrystal/journal. It's a blog which completely replaces the Live Log and is integrated to the main LC site. Over there i'll be posting *everything* that happens with LC whenever it happens. Instead of just a simple change log item, there will be a blog post with explanations and other details, reasons and all sorts of stuff you might find interesting.

Every time I make a post to the Journal, it get's automatically posted to My Twitter and the new LC Facebook Page. This means that the auidicene for LC has reached a much much larger area than just a simple hidden section on The Pokémon World. So it's official, the Live Log has moved to the Journal, Twitter and Facebook. It also means you can follow my twitter and Zeikku's Twitter to be informed of the updates. I guess what I'm really saying, is that I no longer have the time to post updates on the forums.

What Should You Do
Well I would like to encourage people to visit the Development Journal and to subscribe via Email, the you can be informed of the updates that way. You can follow mine or Zeikku's twitter for the Journal updates too. Oh, and if you can go ahead and Like the Facebook page that would be great! For the time being the Hack Bug Report Database will remain at The Pokémon World, so continue to use it like normal. When I get back to work on LC I'll be going through the bugs posted there again and fixing what I can.

Also, I'm just gonna say this and you can take it how you please. These services are starting to cost me quite a bit of money to keep running. If you ever feel like supporting me and LC to the max, then feel free to use the donate button on the main site. This isn't a request but I'm just letting people know I added a button there.

Oh, and if there's any problems with the site then let me know and I'll get it sorted! I'll still be around here but just expect less frequent updates from me and Zeikku here.
Old April 30th, 2012, 05:05 AM
swooshington
Beginning Trainer

Just wanted to say that I've been playing this for a few hours now (I am late to the rom hacks game I'm afraid) and I am loving it. I've played every single Pokemon game since Blue/Red were released and I really do think that this holds up against them (and in a lot of cases is a much better game!)

Many thanks to those who were involved
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links