The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 30th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Trmn05
Beginning Trainer

I found a couple more bugs. I don't know if they are known or not.

1. In Ilex Forest if you interact with the Farfetch'd, but leave the area before getting it back to its owner it will glitch. Whenever you interact with it from now on it will get stuck in a tree and not move.

2. At the Day Care if you talk to the old lady she'll say you have a pokemon that can be picked up, even though you haven't left one off. The pokemon you receive is a BAD EGG.

EDIT: Found another mistake. It's not really a bug.

1. The sign on the left of the Poke Center in Goldenrod identifies it as a Poke Mart instead of a Poke Center.

EDIT 2: Is there anything wrong with the weather? In my game it is raining about 75% of the time.

EDIT 3: After getting the squirt bottle. The girl who gives it to you has a spelling error. She says "on't do anything too dangerous!" The "D" was left out in don't.

Last edited by Trmn05; April 30th, 2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old April 30th, 2012, 04:22 PM
thelargeone
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold011 View Post
ok thanks, and how do i get the pokeflute or pokeflute app to wake up the snorlax at vermillion?, and where do i download the latest live beta ips patch?, oh, and did the zapdos event at lavender, then, do i go back to saffron and battle laz and zeikku on my way to cerulean??
beat Laz and Zeikku. Get to cerulean and then go to the powerplant for the lost machine part event. Just follow where it takes you and you'll get the item that wakes snorlax. Happy hunting . Oh yea BTW when the powerplant is in operation go do a quest in the lavander radio tower.

oh yea can anyone also tell me where the moon stone seller is. I've been looking all over and still can't find it
Spoiler:

the machine part you'll be looking for is in the cerulean gym in the little square.

Last edited by thelargeone; April 30th, 2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old May 1st, 2012, 12:41 AM
Stefke
Togepi

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelargeone View Post
oh yea can anyone also tell me where the moon stone seller is. I've been looking all over and still can't find it
I THINK it's the one in the Celadon Mansion, but I'm not sure.
Old May 1st, 2012, 01:35 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
ok thanks, and how do i get the pokeflute or pokeflute app to wake up the snorlax at vermillion?, and where do i download the latest live beta ips patch?, oh, and did the zapdos event at lavender, then, do i go back to saffron and battle laz and zeikku on my way to cerulean??
First go to power plant and then complete the rocket grunt event at cerulean city after that go back to power plant and then to lavender town's radio tower.. the director there will give you pokeflute app.
and yes do the zapdos event and then go battle Laz AND Zeikku..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneutrn View Post
Where does this beta end? I'm at Leaf Bay City and beat the guys up north. Everywhere else is closed so I can't go any further. Is this the end of this beta?
Yes the current Beta ends after 1st gym at orange island so please be patient and wait for the final release..

Last edited by alienhunterx; May 1st, 2012 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:41 AM
nephrael
Unhatched Egg

Hmm...so I can't find Articuno? I looked in the walkthrough and it is not where it should be, which is the Underwater Cavern. I placed all 3 flutes at Outskirt Island, and I've already caught Zapdos and Moltres.

Also, how do you catch Rayquaza? The guide said that I needed to get both Kyogre and Groudon, which I did. However, the staircase still never ends. Do I need to have both of them in my party?

Thanks for this great game!
Old May 1st, 2012, 04:47 PM
thelargeone
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefke View Post
I THINK it's the one in the Celadon Mansion, but I'm not sure.
found it thanks . Finally i know where all of them are.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 04:14 PM
Gold011

hey guys, i have some questions, where do i get trapinch? (since salamance can't learn flamethrower, and by now it have a not that good move set i think i might have to rely on flygon), where can i get the hoenn starters?, are they aviable?, and if so, do you recomend me to stick with typhlosion, train my charmander, or get and train a torchic?, oh, and where can i get mudkipz (well i know that "z" is some kind of joke, but i still don't get it...)? and a chikorita?
Old May 2nd, 2012, 05:14 PM
thelargeone
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
hey guys, i have some questions, where do i get trapinch? (since salamance can't learn flamethrower, and by now it have a not that good move set i think i might have to rely on flygon), where can i get the hoenn starters?, are they aviable?, and if so, do you recomend me to stick with typhlosion, train my charmander, or get and train a torchic?, oh, and where can i get mudkipz (well i know that "z" is some kind of joke, but i still don't get it...)? and a chikorita?

i don't know if the hoenn started are available but you can get the chikorita from a old man to johto falls Just search around the place.
Edit: trapinch is not the prize spoink is and you can catch a vibrava in route 45 in the grass
and for the choice of party it depends on what kind of party you want to stack up and what other pokemon you have with you.
Typhlosion
Hp: 78
Attack: 84
Def: 78
Sp att 109
sp def 85
speed 100
total 534
Charizard
HP:78
Attack: 84
Defense: 78
Sp Attack 109
Sp. Defense: 85
Speed 100
total: 534
Blaziken
hp 80
att 120
def 70
sp att 110
sp def 70
speed 80
total 530

from above typhlosion and charizard have the same stats both would be best if you have alot of special attacks. it is not fast nor not too slow so it would be well rounded in terms of tactics. Blaziken is a bit extreme. Although its speed is still not considered slow it falls behind many other pokemon. The attack is really high so it is really great in attack in both physical and special attacks. But it falls a bit short in the defense department. Blaziken is really great if it is high leveled vsing a lower leveld pokemon but on the same level especially with a type disadvantage it can be a little fragile.

Last edited by thelargeone; May 3rd, 2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 10:30 AM
KaneTheFlesheater
Beginning Trainer

An evolution bug: Skiploom evolves into Skiploom, not Jumpluff (in game, but I also checked through Pokemon Editor), it's impossible to get Jumpluff without hacking.
Old May 4th, 2012, 01:22 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneTheFlesheater View Post
An evolution bug: Skiploom evolves into Skiploom, not Jumpluff (in game, but I also checked through Pokemon Editor), it's impossible to get Jumpluff without hacking.
HMMM Thats strange mine evolved ok.. have you pressed mistakenly the B button when it was evolving...?
Old May 4th, 2012, 04:47 AM
KaneTheFlesheater
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
HMMM Thats strange mine evolved ok.. have you pressed mistakenly the B button when it was evolving...?
No, I did not, it doesn't say that Skiploom stopped evolving, it says it evolved into Skiploom. Also the "P.E." tool in the GBA Pokemon Game Editor says, that Skiploom evolves into Skiploom, at level 18.

Also, I can't use Battle Tower, when Nurse Joy takes me to the room, and I enter, I seem to be off the map. Checked with AdvanceMapper, and the warp point is out of the room.

Also, what is this talk here about adding someone's number? I talk to everyone in the game, with trainers before and after the battle, used the VS Seeker (Pokegear) on some and I never had the chance to get someone's number, and the only person who calls me is Elm...

I'm in Lavender at the moment if that means/changes anything.
Old May 5th, 2012, 01:17 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneTheFlesheater View Post
No, I did not, it doesn't say that Skiploom stopped evolving, it says it evolved into Skiploom. Also the "P.E." tool in the GBA Pokemon Game Editor says, that Skiploom evolves into Skiploom, at level 18.

Also, I can't use Battle Tower, when Nurse Joy takes me to the room, and I enter, I seem to be off the map. Checked with AdvanceMapper, and the warp point is out of the room.

Also, what is this talk here about adding someone's number? I talk to everyone in the game, with trainers before and after the battle, used the VS Seeker (Pokegear) on some and I never had the chance to get someone's number, and the only person who calls me is Elm...

I'm in Lavender at the moment if that means/changes anything.
There is no such talk about getting any trainers numbers in 3.1 beta. you just need to charge the VS seeker and use it in front of some trainers who will battle you again... Note not all trainers battle you when you use VS SEEKER
Old May 5th, 2012, 01:44 AM
KaneTheFlesheater
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
There is no such talk about getting any trainers numbers in 3.1 beta. you just need to charge the VS seeker and use it in front of some trainers who will battle you again... Note not all trainers battle you when you use VS SEEKER
Yeah, I know about the VS Seeker's functionality.

Well then, I think I must've read about adding numbers in some other hack and mixed up the info with LC.
Old May 5th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Strikes

So, after reading through all 95 pages. I have noticed that no one seems to want to answer the question: "Where can you find the Blue Flute?". Don't know why, but it seems to be a question with no answer. Perhaps this time will be different.

Would anyone please tell me the location of the Blue Flute? I already obtained the Yellow flute and beat the story before so I know that Axel gives me the red flute. But where can I find the Blue Flute?
Old May 5th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Swifts
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikes View Post
So, after reading through all 95 pages. I have noticed that no one seems to want to answer the question: "Where can you find the Blue Flute?". Don't know why, but it seems to be a question with no answer. Perhaps this time will be different.

Would anyone please tell me the location of the Blue Flute? I already obtained the Yellow flute and beat the story before so I know that Axel gives me the red flute. But where can I find the Blue Flute?
You find it in Violet City. Behind the Gym surf up and the guy standing there will give you it.
Old May 5th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifts View Post
You find it in Violet City. Behind the Gym surf up and the guy standing there will give you it.
Thanks mate. I appreciate it.
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:24 AM
SegaDoom
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
[B]
Q: How do the Trading-evolution pokes evolve?
A: They will not evolve by trading anymore. But you need to discover how they evolve yourself!
Is it possible to evolve Magmar/Electabuzz?
Beware your habits; they become your nature.
Beware your nature; it becomes your destiny.
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:43 AM
KaneTheFlesheater
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegaDoom View Post
Is it possible to evolve Magmar/Electabuzz?

Into what? The Pokedex goes only up to Generation 3 poke.
Old May 6th, 2012, 02:58 PM
F4bio
Beginning Trainer

I am new in the forum, i like that hack, i play it in my psp, is very nice, very good work, i have one idea to the game, the story have johto gyms and after that we go to the kanto gyms, but can you put the hoenn map and gyms like in Kanto? i think that this can make the game better!! And sorry of off-topic, but i want to play one hack of the pokemon platinum for gba, but i dont find anyone, and i want one that is like the original game, because i found light platinum but have other maps invented and that things, and i want one game like original, like liquid crystal, with some changes ok but other maps and that i dont like, do you know one game like that?
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
I'm guessing English isn't your first language, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4bio View Post
i have one idea to the game, the story have johto gyms and after that we go to the kanto gyms, but can you put the hoenn map and gyms like in Kanto? i think that this can make the game better!!
No. The ROM doesn't have enough space to add Hoenn, besides which, we have no intention of having Hoenn in LC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4bio View Post
And sorry of off-topic, but i want to play one hack of the pokemon platinum for gba, but i dont find anyone, and i want one that is like the original game, because i found light platinum but have other maps invented and that things, and i want one game like original, like liquid crystal, with some changes ok but other maps and that i dont like, do you know one game like that?
Myself and Linkandzelda are making one called Platinum Origins, but it is only in the very early stages of production, nowhere near ready for any sort of release or even a preview.
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Iliasth
Beginning Trainer

Hi! Love your great work! Keep up with it!!!
But can i ask something?
Are all pokemons catchable?
I mean can i catch totodile,cyndaquil and chicorita? or later squirtle,bulbasaur and charmander?
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:39 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iliasth View Post
Hi! Love your great work! Keep up with it!!!
But can i ask something?
Are all pokemons catchable?
I mean can i catch totodile,cyndaquil and chicorita? or later squirtle,bulbasaur and charmander?
YUP all of your mentioned pokes are obtainable in the game.. so plaese do play it and also support this hack for the sake of appreciating the hardwork of the creator and owners of this hack...

I started again playing this hack and I am gonna give you guys details about my team throughout the game end.. just like i did on another hack..I am currently in Goldenrod City...
Beated FALKNER with:
Lv 14 Poliwag
Lv 18 Geodude
Lv 15 Chikorita

Beated BUGSY with:
Lv 24 Geodude
Lv 21 Poliwag
Lv 19 Bayleef

(If someone is interested.. I will also add attacks of my team...)

Last edited by alienhunterx; May 6th, 2012 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 7th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Iliasth
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
YUP all of your mentioned pokes are obtainable in the game.. so plaese do play it and also support this hack for the sake of appreciating the hardwork of the creator and owners of this hack...

I started again playing this hack and I am gonna give you guys details about my team throughout the game end.. just like i did on another hack..I am currently in Goldenrod City...
Beated FALKNER with:
Lv 14 Poliwag
Lv 18 Geodude
Lv 15 Chikorita

Beated BUGSY with:
Lv 24 Geodude
Lv 21 Poliwag
Lv 19 Bayleef

(If someone is interested.. I will also add attacks of my team...)
Thanky you very much for your answer man! Looking forward to play the game and also support it!
Old May 7th, 2012, 04:13 AM
HongKongBinLaden
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
I wonder when I can catch the Articuno in my game, as I had placed the flute on the pedestral on the outlying island, and Have caught the Suicune, however, when i go to the supposed cave in the ice path where articuno lives, i found nothing.

Is there any condition for articuno to be present? or i am just out of luck, and had to restart my game?
Old May 8th, 2012, 12:05 AM
alienhunterx

Update Time...

Beated Whitney with:
lv 27 graveler
lv 26 poliwhirl
lv 24 kadabra
lv 24 bayleef
lv 15 oddish(hm slave)

Beated Morty with: