The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Old February 2nd, 2011, 10:35 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling

Nature: Sassy
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110202/..._white_stripes

No, why must this happen ;-; Jack/Meg White are amazing and should never leave the music world! Opinions?
Old February 2nd, 2011, 11:32 PM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon

Nature: Lax
I ain't sad to see them go.

I didn't like ANY of their songs. They were all, too me, very simple and dull. :/
Old February 3rd, 2011, 02:29 AM
Eliminator Jr.
Gym Leader

Nature: Calm
They've been on hiatus for a few years, so there's some consolation in that. However, it's also sad to know that I won't ever get to see them live. Mixed emotions but I can't say I didn't see this coming, what with Meg starting a family and Jack White doing a thousand other things.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 08:41 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin

Have they actually made any music in the last few years? At least this way they won't enter a downwards spiral towards the musical landfill.

Still, I've only heard Seven Nation Army, so what do I know?
Old February 3rd, 2011, 08:48 AM
Eurydice
`~♥Eury♥~'

Nature: Quiet
i only liked one song from them and that was all i never really liked the band so i am not sad to see them stop

Pair
Old February 4th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Barney.

Not going to lie. As much as they weren't one of my favourite bands, they certainly were..Brilliant. And it's a very sad day knowing that I'll never see them live.

But at least we can still enjoy the 6 albums that they made. All of them are great.
Old February 5th, 2011, 02:30 AM
Gold warehouse
peanut butter cake lover

After such a long hiatus this was to be expected. At least Jack has other bands, hopefully he'll focus a bit more on The Dead Weather and actually make a decent third album. The Raconteurs are good as well. Jack won't leave the music world for a long time, and he really was the brains behind The White Stripes anyway.
Old February 5th, 2011, 10:47 AM
saint paxton
Wat it do baby boo~

Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to saint paxton Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to saint paxton
I used to be super obsessed with the white stripes. In, like, 2006 or something, they were supposed to come to my city. I had tickets and everything, and then Meg White was sick or something. Sooooo disappointed.

Anyway, I really like a ton of their stuff. I didn't really like a lot of what I heard from Icky Thump, but everything before that was amazing. It's sad that they're officially done.
Old February 5th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Jak
greatest of heroes

Nature: Timid
Ah, a group of friends and I really enjoyed them in high school. I was never a huge fan, but I mean, me and a friend of mine drove to a play listening to nothing but White Stripes music. Makes for good times. But like it's been said, after that long hiatus, it's to be expected that they'd break up.

Fouetté | Rygarde | Déesse | Parfum | Pamplemousse
pairs | super mod of challenges | avatar by kaori

george best: ugly white backgrounds
displease jak the fashion queen
alas, no-one listens
Old February 5th, 2011, 11:35 AM
ThisOrTheApocalypse
Bananas

Nature: Relaxed
They were meh to me, I only really enjoyed a couple songs, but most of their music was boring.
Old February 5th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Link
Rupee Moderator

It's always been about Jack White, and he's in bands with much more talented artists. He made up 90% of the White Stripes, as opposed to fifty. He'll stick around, if you want White Strips, go look at the numerous other bands he participates in.
Old February 7th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Devil's Guitarist
Trainer

well my roots are in them so yeah its kinda sad for me but it was obvious, they were already selling everything and meg was not talking at all while jack talked about araconteurs reunion so meh, i sw it coming from a long time ago. I dont like the fact that jack is on heavy drugs lately but i hope he gets clean sooner than later
Old February 11th, 2011, 06:15 AM
2Blue4u
Red Doesn't Come Close

Nature: Quiet
This is a major bummer. MAJOR.
Although because Jack White is doing a ton of other things, The White Stripes haven't really disbanded. Isn't he still doing The Deadweather and the Raconteurs?
Either way though, this sucks. They were the band of the 2000s.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links