The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 19th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
As much as I would like too see Giovanni battle, I don't see it happening in either of these episodes. If anything it would be a Grunt vs. Grunt type of thing. Giovanni vs. N stuff made of epicness!

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old February 19th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Silver25
Trainer

I don't know, I have the feeling well see some sort of battle from Giovanni. I mean why would they make him come to Unova without being ready for some kind of fight? Yes he has grunts but I think we'll see something, even if only for a quick 30 sec.

Spoiler:
That being said, I guess the new move Pikachu learns in this special is "Electra Ball"

Last edited by Silver25; February 19th, 2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old February 20th, 2011, 01:07 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

I can't help but think that we won't see my eNny until close to the very end of the Team Plasma scuffles around Unova; I can't see this being Team Plasma's only episode. Very interesting they're bringing Giovanni right into it, though.
Old February 20th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I'm pretty sure the reason Giovanni/Team Rocket is being brought out into the open is so they can finally end Team Rocket as a villainous organization in the anime. That's kinda how TV series do things--if the Big Bad for an organization reveals himself and so much as comes out into the open, you know he's going to be beaten and that organization's arc is coming to a close. That was kinda the problem for Team Magma/Aqua/Galactic since Team Rocket always looked more reserved (after all, only two members for all of Team Rocket was ever present in Hoenn or Sinnoh, with Team Rocket's leader always practically in the shadows--by comparison it made the other teams appear less reserved and therefore weaker!)

I think they're going to get rid of Team Rocket from the anime, in order to make Team Plasma appear as more of a threat--after all, they would then have to fill that "power vacuum" left by Team Rocket's defeat.

I mean, think about it: the anime is the only medium left where Team Rocket still exists. It presumably has disbanded in both the manga and the games.
Old February 20th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bela View Post
I'm pretty sure the reason Giovanni/Team Rocket is being brought out into the open is so they can finally end Team Rocket as a villainous organization in the anime. That's kinda how TV series do things--if the Big Bad for an organization reveals himself and so much as comes out into the open, you know he's going to be beaten and that organization's arc is coming to a close. That was kinda the problem for Team Magma/Aqua/Galactic since Team Rocket always looked more reserved (after all, only two members for all of Team Rocket was ever present in Hoenn or Sinnoh, with Team Rocket's leader always practically in the shadows--by comparison it made the other teams appear less reserved and therefore weaker!)

I think they're going to get rid of Team Rocket from the anime, in order to make Team Plasma appear as more of a threat--after all, they would then have to fill that "power vacuum" left by Team Rocket's defeat.

I mean, think about it: the anime is the only medium left where Team Rocket still exists. It presumably has disbanded in both the manga and the games.
While I agree with what you're saying, I don't think Team Rocket will come to an end in this episode particularly if that's what you're implying. I predict someone escaping before the worst can happen. I do think that the Team Rocket organization may just come to its collapse by the end of the B&W series though.
Old February 20th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Either way, the end result is Team Rocket no longer existing. I think the writers have decided to get rid of the organization since it makes the other ones look lame.

I also think Jessie, James, and Meowth will still be in the series--just as grunts for whatever new organization appears in the series.

They might even do a scale-of-power thing and have either this single Plasma grunt or a few grunts defeat/take down Team Rocket--in order to make Team Plasma look that much stronger than Team Rocket (and thus more of a threat).

And I think that once Team Rocket is gone, they will then start showing N/Plasma sages. Although it's entirely possible that this is just one of many confrontations that Teams Rocket and Plasma will have.
Old February 21st, 2011, 11:46 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

Well if Team Rocket do end than I could see them giving more focouse to Team Plasma/N last half of the series and be the main villains the next. They could even have N be Ash sort of friend/rival at first in the begining of the next series, we'd already know about Team Plasma just not about N till than, it'd be kind of cool if they did it that way.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 01:37 AM
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
Looks like BW23 and BW24 are not going to be aired together as a special episode. They are actually two different episodes dealing with the same Team Rocket and Team Plasma encounter.

What confuses me now is that there was a previous announcement that no episode would air on the 24th of March.
Old February 25th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regeneration View Post
Looks like BW23 and BW24 are not going to be aired together as a special episode. They are actually two different episodes dealing with the same Team Rocket and Team Plasma encounter.

What confuses me now is that there was a previous announcement that no episode would air on the 24th of March.
Well i'm not too sure about that announcement, but according to the offical website;
BW023 will air on 17th March 2011 and BW024 will air on March 24th

Old February 25th, 2011, 04:23 AM
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post

Well i'm not too sure about that announcement, but according to the offical website;
BW023 will air on 17th March 2011 and BW024 will air on March 24th
Yup, I looked at that website. I think the previous details were just assumptions that the episodes would air together because they dealt with the same Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma. Rumours spread pretty fast on the internet. u_u;
Old February 25th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
I'd actually like to see Satoshi-tachi confront Sakaki. I mean, when was the last time that happened? The Mewtwo special?
Old March 5th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Nature: Adamant
I'm going to be sooooo sad if they remove Team Rocket from the anime, especially if they put the organization to an end. At least let them live, but just forget about them.

I'm really scared about that, they can't get rid of my favourite childhood villains >_<. Plus, I wouldn't like Jessie, James and Meowth to join a new evil gang. They've always been Team Rocket members and they must stay until the end of time!

Last edited by Zayin; March 10th, 2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old March 10th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Heres the Preview aired after BW22;

Old March 10th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Eh nothing new that we already haven't seen outside of a few clips that are probably minor importance at the most. I wonder why Burgh stayed behind(I assume it is too hold down the fort at the gym).

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old March 15th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Quote:
Quote:
Anime News
As I reported on Saturday, I am informing you of a change in TV Tokyo's schedule following the aftermath of the earthquake off of the north-eastern coast of Japan. Previously, for this Thursday and next week, the episodes scheduled to air were the Team Rocket VS Team Plasma episodes, which featured destruction within Castelia City and the Desert Ruins. At this moment, these episodes have been removed from the schedule out of respect for those affected by the accident and the next episode, Episode 684; Castelia Gym Battle - Pure-Hearted Bug Pokémon Battle! is set to air. TV Tokyo have stated that they intend to air the episodes at a later point. When we know when they'll air it, we'll let you know.

Wow, I'm kinda sad that we'll have to wait - but I guess it's fair, I feel really sad about the whole earthquake thing.

Old March 15th, 2011, 07:45 AM
KingKaos
Non-legendary Pokemon FTW!

I agree, I was also sad to see it had pushed back, but at least we will get to see a gym battle and also it wasn't just all around cancelled. It will be coming on in the future we just don't know when

Full Power comes from their hearts!
Old March 15th, 2011, 10:07 AM
spike6958
Actor in Training

Nature: Brave
Personally I'm not sad that it's been pushed back, I'm happy that we'll be getting to see it at all. Remember Shaking Island Battle! Barboach vs. Whiscast!! never aired in Japan at all because of an earthquake which resulted in it getting cut from the Dub too, though I guess these episodes are too vital to the Black & White/Best Wishes storyline to just cut them out...man the Pokemon anime has had some pretty bad timing over the years.
Old March 15th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Well that episode wasn't really anything special, just a filler. This episode is important I guess - I don't really complaining just disappointed we have to wait a little, though I can understand the circumstances.

Old March 15th, 2011, 11:35 AM
sims796
We're A-Comin', Princess!

I am simply estatic at the direction they are taking Team Rocket in. Honestley, he comic relief role died out years ago. Not that I outright hated it, but every single episode with them? Come on.

Now, they're bad ass. They are actual agents. And it doesn't matter if they never kidnap a single goddamn Pokemon, the fact that they are a serious threat now makes them worth watching early in the morning.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 15th, 2011, 03:52 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike6958 View Post
Personally I'm not sad that it's been pushed back, I'm happy that we'll be getting to see it at all. Remember Shaking Island Battle! Barboach vs. Whiscast!! never aired in Japan at all because of an earthquake which resulted in it getting cut from the Dub too, though I guess these episodes are too vital to the Black & White/Best Wishes storyline to just cut them out...man the Pokemon anime has had some pretty bad timing over the years.
Do you think this will get pushed back in the English dubbed version too?

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old March 16th, 2011, 01:38 AM
JB2448
A Giant Slice of Pecan Pie

Nature: Relaxed
The dub follows the order of the original Japanese airings (except for "Beauty and the Beach"), so yes.
Old March 16th, 2011, 03:17 AM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Lucky for us the next episode is a gym battle.
Old September 13th, 2011, 06:53 AM
chiefsfan212006
Beginning Trainer

Is there an update as to when this will be aired? I've been looking forward to this the most.
Old September 13th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefsfan212006 View Post
Is there an update as to when this will be aired? I've been looking forward to this the most.
No official air date has been confirmed yet, it's rumoured some time in 2012, if you want to check out any air dates of upcoming Pokémon episodes I'd check out PocketMonsters.net. If you have any more questions, I'd ask here.

Old September 13th, 2011, 02:17 PM
tough
Booted out - don't be like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post

No official air date has been confirmed yet, it's rumoured some time in 2012, if you want to check out any air dates of upcoming Pokémon episodes I'd check out PocketMonsters.net. If you have any more questions, I'd ask here.
So the BW 23-24 two-part episodes will be airing in 2012.I am glad they will finally air these episodes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links