The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation

Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 9th, 2011, 09:35 PM
XDragonRiderX
Inactive (I've grown out of Pokemon)

Nature: Serious
In Yellow, it was Giovanni. His freakin' Rhydon..... his Dugtrio.... Fissure.... BOOM MUDA****A VENASAUR IN THE HOUSE! Yea.I had to ask my friend for help so much times.

Old February 10th, 2011, 03:33 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Training before the Pokemon League really annoys me. It is just so repetitive.
Old February 10th, 2011, 04:28 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
The teleporting in Sabrinas Gym, it took me forever to reach her, then even longer to get out D;

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old February 10th, 2011, 06:20 AM
MarioManH
~Ruby is Omega~
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I just found my Blue :O I hate fighting my Rival on the SS Anne D:<

3DS FC -
0361-6894-4238
My name for my 3DS is CookieS. and my Y name is Hunter, just so you know who to trade with!

Old February 10th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Purple Materia
Shape the future!
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Careful
Please note that I'm writing from my six year old perspective. So if I say something is hard, it's not hard for me anymore. So don't think I still struggle with any of these hard parts, lol.

Mt. Moon and Rock Tunnel
For some reason, I could never find my way through either caves. My heart would start racing whenever I saw the exit, too.

Brock on Yellow
I was six at the time and I haven't played Yellow since, and I didn't know that Mankey or Nidoran had a type advantage over rock. So I spent almost all of my time grinding south of Pewter until Pikachu knew Quick Attack. Once then, I'd pray for my battle against Brock. I don't remember ever getting past Lt. Surge, though.

GARY MOTHER****ING OAK
Although now it doesn't bother me, as I know when he appears at all times, but when I was younger, I wasn't entirely sure when or where. And usually my favourite thing to do was explore the area before doing what I was supposed to be doing. So naturally, Gary would come up when I least expected him, destroying my weakened team.

The Silph Co.
I've always hated the Team Rocket parts the most. It just drags on. Walk for a little bit, then fight a Rocket Grunt. And the puzzles were mindnumbingly difficult when I was six. Now they're easy, but repetitive. :/

Sabrina and Lt. Surge's Gym
I'm sure a lot of other people hate these gyms too. Pretty much any gym with a random puzzle seems to get on my nerves, but these two take the cake. It took me at least an hour to figure out how to open Lt. Surge's door, and even longer to get to Sabrina and fight her, then to get out.

Surfing anywhere
I've always detested surfing. It's not that it's hard to do, but... Wild TENTACOOL appeared! Over and over and over again.

The relentlessly long routes that are packed with trainers
Usually it seems really long when my team is weakened, though.

One hit KOs
Especially when you're at full life your opponent gets a critical hit.

Trainers who use recovery items
I know it's a valid strategy, but it still sucks, bringing a Pokémon down to it's knee. The feeling of having victory taken away for a few turns is annoying. "You're just postponing the inevitable, Mr. Oak!"

"I have fallen from the Land of Magic. I am Stardust Witch Meruru!"
Combat Arms | Raptr | Hummingbird | Last.fm
Old February 10th, 2011, 09:10 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
Besides all the things on this thread, the time it took to walk ANYWHERE. Especially now that I'm used to using the Running Shoes, playing R/B/Y is even harder...

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Little Big Planet 3

☆ Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Shovel Knight

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old February 10th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Katja

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to Katja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Materia View Post

GARY MOTHER****ING OAK
Although now it doesn't bother me, as I know when he appears at all times, but when I was younger, I wasn't entirely sure when or where. And usually my favourite thing to do was explore the area before doing what I was supposed to be doing. So naturally, Gary would come up when I least expected him, destroying my weakened team.

This is the only appropriate image I have with Gary He always messed me up- JK. I beat his ass everytime. *trollface*

White: 2150 9156 5750
Old February 16th, 2011, 04:03 AM
JAK3
Psyduck

For me, It would have to be the "Rock Tunnel" because it seemed more like a "Victory Road" type deal plus, right after I got out, I had to be greeted with creepy music.. Not the best experience.
Old February 16th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Jolteon*
Super Boss Trainer

Nature: Sassy
The fact that you couldt run, and i also never read anything so id always be confused.
Old February 18th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Dartht33bagger
Only plays Gen I and II

I'm going to have to go with the safari zone and Sliph Co.
Old February 18th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Tree_x
Breeder

Nature: Impish
Silph co hands down i quit for like 2 months cause of that place :P
Old February 19th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
In like 2001 when I started playing, I didn't know anything where to go or what to do.

So you can imagine me in Saffron Gym & Silph. Co D: It was a nightmare. My good Ol' brother helped me; basically, in Generation 1 it would have to be the Team Rocket in Saffron city that annoyed me, and in Generation 2 it has to be the Team Rocket in Goldenrod City v_v Although I do love TR :3
Old February 19th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Dartht33bagger
Only plays Gen I and II

Another thing that annoyed me - I had no idea how to save for weeks. I had to restart the game so many times and I'd leave my gameboy on so I didn't have to restart. At some point I figured out trying to cut the bush in Viridian City would save the game once, so I got to save at that point.

Then I finally hit start and saw there was a save feature. After that everything was smooth sailing.
Old February 19th, 2011, 08:25 PM
banngr
Beginning Trainer

Sabrina's gym. Hated it. I actually managed to do Surge first time =S.

FC in Trainer Card (Top Right)
Old February 20th, 2011, 11:17 AM
JackSkellington
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Timid
Safari Zone. That place still annoys the crap out of me. I'd be fine just going in, getting Surf and the Gold Teeth and going back out; it's catching all the damn Safari Zone-only Pokemon (which is far too many) that really pisses me off.
Old February 21st, 2011, 09:55 AM
Rizzy
// Friendship >> Chuck Norris

Every laberinth they have, but now I figured out that I could just find videos about it so wil be easier do them. So yep. Used to hate them, now I just dislike them.

# "Not lazy, just laid back"

Old February 21st, 2011, 10:55 AM
BrainChord
Booted out - don't be like me!

That rival battle in silph co.
I read a guide and memorized silph co's base, but the rival battle was just rediculous.
Even today it takes me ten minutes to defeat him
When superspeeding
Old February 21st, 2011, 12:33 PM
Chatot Lover
happy

Nature: Relaxed
I never liked going through the Rock Tunnel. Back then, I never knew how to get Flash so I always ran around through that pitch-black tunnel and made it out 3 hours later.
At least, I now know the way by heart and don't need Flash anymore :D
However, I also found the foes extremely hard. Especially with Charmander. But I even had problems witch Squirtle and Bulbasaur so I usually hated going through it.
Old February 21st, 2011, 04:08 PM
Ghostie
Unidentified Ghost

Rock Tunnel and Victory Road.

Victory Road before I found the magic of REPEL

I. Am. Awesome.

Challenges Completed

Username Challenge
Old February 21st, 2011, 04:55 PM
Erufuun
apple bunny lover <3

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Erufuun
Nothing really~
Back in the day, I had a guide. A very odd guide, for how it was written (Not published by Nintendo), and that it had a cow-like Fakemon on the front with some strange girl.. I wonder if i could find that guide someone where on the internet. :/ But yeah, it taught me everything I need to know~ Wouldn't of gotten through Sliph Co. without it! XD

But I guess if something did annoy me, it was Sabrina's Gym. Annoying puzzle, plus her Pokemon were insanely strong.

Old February 21st, 2011, 09:50 PM
Haowakeorden
Gym Leader

Nature: Hardy
Definitely Mt. Moon. I was young at the time, and Mt. Moon just seemed so complex that I was absolutely overjoyed when I found a map for it online.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 02:23 PM
shubshub
Master of The Y

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
The teleporting in Sabrinas Gym, it took me forever to reach her, then even longer to get out D;
lol that was easy for me to do i just kept walking left then when i coudltn go left and farther i went up then right then down it only took me like 4 minutes to reach her
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp